Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      55 (42.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      33 (25.4%)
      Joe Allen
      19 (14.6%)
      Emre Can
      8 (6.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.8%)
      Phil Coutinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (3.1%)
      Jordon Ibe
      6 (4.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Jan 08, 2016 10:05:53 pm

Stoke City 0:1 Liverpool. League Cup 1st Semi Final. Intra & post match debate

Read 35795 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: Stoke City 0:1 Liverpool. League Cup 1st Semi Final. Intra & post match debate
      Reply #736: Jan 05, 2016 10:22:20 pm
      Missed the second half, just happy No one else got injured.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Stoke City 0:1 Liverpool. League Cup 1st Semi Final. Intra & post match debate
      Reply #737: Jan 05, 2016 10:23:54 pm
      Benteke was only on for 10 minutes! What did he do wrong? He was thrown on to relieve pressure as the team were tiring.

Reverse the question and you'll answer it yourself.

What did he do?

He competed for one header and lost (he was favourite for it).

Firmino who hadn't stopped running the entire game still put in more yards, still got more defensive work in and more offensive work. That's not good enough.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #738: Jan 05, 2016 10:24:03 pm
      Gave my MOTM to Allen as i only give him stick normally  :P

Thought Joe did well tonight. Lovely through ball in the first half to set Cou away.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #739: Jan 05, 2016 10:25:49 pm

What did he do?

Firmino who hadn't stopped running the entire game still put in more yards, still got more defensive work in and more offensive work. That's not good enough.
      Talking about Benteke and you still managed to credit Firminho are you related
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #740: Jan 05, 2016 10:26:08 pm
      Just turned on Lfctv, is it me or does Lawro look like a bog brush, full of sh*t too, as per.

YNWA
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 992 posts | 68 
      Reply #741: Jan 05, 2016 10:26:10 pm
      did anyone notice the passage of play at the end where ibe had the ball near the line and had defenders all over him and benteke almost seemed to be keeping a stoke player in between him so jordan had no pass. Basic stuff to make yourself available for a pass . Not good play and right in line with the camara so easy to see. Maybe lack of confidence or he just needs coaching more.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #742: Jan 05, 2016 10:26:27 pm
      I thought Kolo, Lucas, Allen and Can in particular was immense really is starting to put in some performances of grit and character.
      Glad Kolo just has cramp, there must be some decent U21 CB's at the club for the game on Friday.

Gave my MOTM to Allen as i only give him stick normally  :P

it seemed strange giving Joe so much praise but it was very well earned. He will have to leave some lads at home for the Arsenal game next week. 3 games  in 6 days at this level is just mental
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #743: Jan 05, 2016 10:27:40 pm
      Talking about Benteke and you still managed to credit Firminho are you related

No, not in the slightest I just think the lad deserved it and it was to offer perspective between someone that had been on the pitch the entire time and really ran his bollocks off and one that came on fully refreshed.

As it happens though I would go out of my way to credit Firmino when he deserves it because he's had a lot of harsh criticism in my opinion.
      fvhighlights
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #744: Jan 05, 2016 10:28:43 pm
      Superb Ture ! Highlights - http://bit.ly/1OL0SEU
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #745: Jan 05, 2016 10:30:17 pm
      the coach trip back from the Brittania will be a little bit more jolly than the one from Watford the heavy metal will be turned upto 11
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #746: Jan 05, 2016 10:30:49 pm
      Well done reds, perfect result!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #747: Jan 05, 2016 10:31:05 pm
      Weird how we see what we want to see. He didn't get into the game, but it wasn't due to lack of running.

Tonight wasn't good for Big Ben though, as he now needs to show why he deserves to get into that team, as we've shown we can play (and score) without him.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #748: Jan 05, 2016 10:32:07 pm
      Great team performance!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #749: Jan 05, 2016 10:32:30 pm
      So turns out the new Stoke can't play on a wet windy night at Brittania   :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #750: Jan 05, 2016 10:34:19 pm
      So turns out the new Stoke can't play on a wet windy night at Brittania   :)

we did actually put in a tremendous effort tonight laughed my head off seeing Lucas at CB racing into their penalty area wtf was he thinking
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #751: Jan 05, 2016 10:39:16 pm
      Seems to have been a night for unfashionable players. Milner and Allen had good games, as did Lovren (before injury) and Toure. Firmino was very involved which I like to see, but the obvious is lacking from his game atm - edit: though for what it is worth, his end product or lack thereof, is mitigated by the fact that he isn't really a striker.
      rossyred

• 9,283 posts | 1664 
      Reply #752: Jan 05, 2016 10:40:09 pm
      No, not in the slightest I just think the lad deserved it and it was to offer perspective between someone that had been on the pitch the entire time and really ran his bollocks off and one that came on fully refreshed.

As it happens though I would go out of my way to credit Firmino when he deserves it because he's had a lot of harsh criticism in my opinion.
      Fair enough think the critiscm has been just to be honest still does not convince me seems so one paced and yeh he put in a decent shift but shouldnt he and the others always as a  bare minimum. Doesnt seem to have that spark that most Brazilians have hope I am prooved wrong
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #753: Jan 05, 2016 10:42:54 pm

What did he do?

I can remember him winning one header too. I don't see the point in negative comments when they are not worthy. Firmino did really well tonight apart from his finishing, but when you are under pressure and need to lump the ball up, he's not your man.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #754: Jan 05, 2016 10:43:06 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #755: Jan 05, 2016 10:44:37 pm
      Stand outs tonight were, Kolo, Lucas, Firmino, Lovren, Can, and Allen, thought we were superb from the get go, can't really fault anyone imho,
      Relieved Kolo had cramp rather than another hammy, however, we really are down to the bare bones, so I can see the cheque book coming out, we need serious cover @ the back, we have a sh*t load of matches coming up,
      Can't really rely on Kolo, at his age, a CB is essential now, big games on the horizon, like them scummy kunts from Scumchester town,

Anyhoo, great result at that f***in shithole,   Well in lads.

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #756: Jan 05, 2016 10:44:53 pm
      Fair enough think the critiscm has been just to be honest still does not convince me seems so one paced and yeh he put in a decent shift but shouldnt he and the others always as a  bare minimum. Doesnt seem to have that spark that most Brazilians have hope I am prooved wrong

Yes effort is a bare minimum but judging someone who puts in the effort and then continues to push themselves when many others wouldn't is why he deserves credit. Saying it's the "bare minimum" is as if that's what we see in every other player in the league, we don't. Most of them (like Benteke) deserve criticism for not putting in the bare minimum but when someone puts in more effort than those that do put in effort then they deserve credit in my book.

If you can understand that well done :lmao: but basically it's a pair of scales and right now Benteke and Firmino would about even them out with the level of shifts they put in, so you decide how criticism and credit should be passed out, to me it's obvious.
      DanMann

• 5,747 posts | 882 
      Reply #757: Jan 05, 2016 10:46:17 pm
      Kolo was superb.. but I have to give a big shout out to Lucas! Slotting into centre back for most of the match, and he did brilliantly against some rough and ready players out there. Helped to keep a clean sheet!

Well done lad!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #758: Jan 05, 2016 10:46:27 pm
      next time Newcastle play listen to Steve McClaren talk and think thank God we have Jürgen because he talks to people with respect and doesn't do the football talk which is total bollox.
      He was angry on Saturday don't think he will be angry tonight

Quick Reply