Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (1.5%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      55 (42.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      33 (25.4%)
      Joe Allen
      19 (14.6%)
      Emre Can
      8 (6.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      1 (0.8%)
      Phil Coutinho
      1 (0.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      4 (3.1%)
      Jordon Ibe
      6 (4.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Jan 08, 2016 10:05:53 pm

Stoke City 0:1 Liverpool. League Cup 1st Semi Final. Intra & post match debate

Read 35799 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Stoke City 0:1 Liverpool. League Cup 1st Semi Final. Intra & post match debate
      Reply #759: Jan 05, 2016 10:48:34 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Stoke City 0:1 Liverpool. League Cup 1st Semi Final. Intra & post match debate
      Reply #760: Jan 05, 2016 10:52:13 pm
      I can remember him winning one header too. I don't see the point in negative comments when they are not worthy. Firmino did really well tonight apart from his finishing, but when you are under pressure and need to lump the ball up, he's not your man.

I remember him winning that header too.

It went out for a throw in.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #761: Jan 05, 2016 10:53:50 pm
      Great to Watch a Liverpool game and have nothing to moan about after it (injuries aside). Fantastic effort from the Lads tonight, and a deserved win.
      I feel an all Merseyside final coming up!
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #762: Jan 05, 2016 10:54:15 pm

It did.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #763: Jan 05, 2016 10:56:03 pm

when he comes of the pitch tonight I wonder if he thought I did really well there I really contributed to the win even if I was on the pitch for a short time I made a difference. More likely thought f***in 10 mins what can I do in 10 mins.
      We need to find a way of playing him he isn't going to run around but we are not going to sell him or replace him so we need to get the best out of him.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #764: Jan 05, 2016 10:56:05 pm
      Gave Lucas MOTM for his gutsy performance. Firmino showed that Benteke is not the striker we need, although he also showed that he isn't either. Could hit a cow's a*se with banjo.

Well played anyway, lads. Good to see some spirit back in the side.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #765: Jan 05, 2016 10:58:19 pm
      Could hit a cow's a*se with banjo.

I would like to see you explain that to Firmino

Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #766: Jan 05, 2016 11:00:43 pm
      when he comes of the pitch tonight I wonder if he thought I did really well there I really contributed to the win even if I was on the pitch for a short time I made a difference. More likely thought f***in 10 mins what can I do in 10 mins.
      We need to find a way of playing him he isn't going to run around but we are not going to sell him or replace him so we need to get the best out of him.

Unfortunately we have no choice at the moment. For me he's best used as an impact sub, like against Chelsea. Our biggest problem is we have no wide players to supply crosses.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #767: Jan 05, 2016 11:03:00 pm
      Great to come away from Stoke with a win. Not the easiest grounds to get a result.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #768: Jan 05, 2016 11:08:59 pm
      That might finish off the rest of our squad mate :lmao:

Na F**k all their countries....players not available is the answer to them!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #769: Jan 05, 2016 11:09:41 pm
      So turns out the new Stoke can't play on a wet windy night at Brittania   :)

But we can!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #770: Jan 05, 2016 11:27:16 pm
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #771: Jan 05, 2016 11:28:41 pm

I gave you a plus, I love gangsters!!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #772: Jan 05, 2016 11:29:09 pm

Well said that man!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #773: Jan 05, 2016 11:29:19 pm
      Good win that. Many of the same players but they actually put a shift in this time, proving it really does make all the difference. Nice little motivator this cup business.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #774: Jan 05, 2016 11:33:09 pm

I had to check what that referred to haha. Good one. "Must admit..."
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,014 posts | 523 
      Reply #775: Jan 05, 2016 11:53:47 pm
      Voted Lucas for MOTM, for looking so comfortable at CB.

Kolo, Milner, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Ibe all played pretty well n all.

Firmino sums us up at the moment really. Lots of nice touches to get himself in dangerous postions and then tightens up and chokes the shot. Even for the goal Allen fluffed his lines and we got lucky ( although allen played well overall, and Ibe did finish well).
      If we could just show a bit more conviction in the box, we could be scoring a lot more than we are.

Good result and decent performance nevertheless.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #776: Jan 05, 2016 11:55:56 pm
      Why oh why can't we play with that passion every game, now if we could just find our scoring boots we might be starting to turn the corner.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #777: Jan 05, 2016 11:56:41 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #778: Jan 06, 2016 12:20:00 am
      I gave you a plus, I love gangsters!!

ah should I have put a smiley face on it for you
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #779: Jan 06, 2016 01:34:28 am
      Firstly, that was a good result and a very good performance and the team immediately responded to what I presume would have been Klopp's equivalent to the hairdryer treatment.

The performance was drastic in comparison to the lethargic, passive, meekly display we got from the team at WH. Klopp, has to get this consistent. Anyway, the catalyst for this IMO was dropping Benteke and adding Allen in midfield. I though "wee" Allen had a decent game and the extra man and mobility in midfield gave us something having Benteke in the team didn't - a working player. Our midfield also was never over-ran and even though we don't have star midfielders the extra number (3) helped us to gain control and grind the win.

Have to give Kolo Toure MoTM. Hardly ever plays, comes back into the team like he's been there all season, marshaled a makeshift defense and made some vital blocks for us, while using his experience to aplomb.

The team seem to be dropping like flies at the moment and I'm thinking Klopp's training regime has been upped to the extent that it's causing injury. The players aren't conditioned to his way and this why pre-season is vital. Around Christmas time rest and recovery are just as important as training and tactics. I think Klopp would surely be wise enough to know this but still I wonder how much more of a demand he is putting on the physical demands of his players during these short intervals. Again, this is new to him, in the long-run it will probably benefit him and the players in getting his demands through now, however there maybe a short term price to pay for this. Three Hammy's in one match! Wow.

Anyway, it's good to be able to post something positive about LFC. Very good performance from the team, let's hope it doesn't dip again.
      TheShanklyGates
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #780: Jan 06, 2016 06:31:24 am
      Brilliant performance tonight. The shine has been taken off the win due to the THREE other injuries we've now got. It's unbelievable. Down to the minimum and I'm sure this will force the guys in charge to bring out the cheque book. Anyway....Kolo (my MOTM),Lucas,Milner,Firmino and Allen were superb. Really stood and were counted when it mattered. Hopefully it continues as the amount of games we have doesn't slow down. I'm really hoping tonight has given us a platform to kick on from and keep improving.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #781: Jan 06, 2016 08:40:02 am
      Great response from the shambles that was Saturday.

The work-rate, the first press was there for all to see, and Stoke didn't have the plan B till around 70 minutes where they hoofed it to Walters/Crouch.

It was a shame Couts got a hammy, he was looking up for it, some good interchange from him and Bobby.

Would love to see Sturridge in place of Lallana though, he is our only clinical forward, if we play like that he would of buried 2/3 last night.

Center backs now a critical issue. He HAS to buy/loan for cover now. Play kids against Exeter, give people like Allen/Flanno/Sturridge game time, and try to manage fitness of others now. We'd be fu**ed if Moreno/Clyne got injured.

Quick Reply