Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Serious Injury Problem!

Read 11889 times
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Serious Injury Problem!
      Jan 06, 2016 06:52:48 am
      D Lovren                       Hamstring Injury   
      P Coutinho                       Hamstring Injury   
      M Sakho                       Knee Injury   
      J Henderson               Ankle/Foot Injury
      D Origi                       Hamstring Injury   
      M Skrtel                       Hamstring Injury   
      J Rossiter                       Hamstring Injury   
      D Sturridge               Hamstring Injury   
      D Ings                       Knee Injury   
      J Gomez                       Knee Injury   
      J Flanagan                       Knee Injury   

OK,that is a full team made from injured players....
      That is something really bad that is happening to us at the moment,when ever some player starts looking good on the pitch he gets injured.Could the problem be on the training ground,are they forced too much on training or they are not forced at all what makes them un fit for 90 minutes of "Total Football".

I am not trying to be a smart ass nor am i trying to make Klopps training regime look bad,i just wanna hear your opinion,is there a deeper cause to our injury "masacre" or we are just out of luck this season?
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Re: Serious Injury Problem!
      Reply #1: Jan 06, 2016 06:56:16 am

KLOPP ON THE LOOKOUT

"Following tonight's 1-0 win over Stoke, Jürgen Klopp has said he is considering making his first purchases as Liverpool manager as the injuries pile-up for his side."
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/684498980844224512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dont see this as a good thing,not sure what kind of players could we get when we are forced to get them ASAP.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #2: Jan 06, 2016 07:09:44 am
      There is always loan deals - Subotic for example is not getting a look in at Dortmund or if we are serious about players like Matip then Just get the deal done asap rather than the summer.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #3: Jan 06, 2016 07:20:47 am
      There is always loan deals - Subotic for example is not getting a look in at Dortmund or if we are serious about players like Matip then Just get the deal done asap rather than the summer.
      Probably you are right,but it annoys me that we have too look for loan players because our players are all injured.
      I mean Gomez played great and he got injured,Lovren just started to look like a good centre back and he gets injured,twice,Ings just starts scoring some goals and he gets injured and i dont wanna mention bubble wrapped Sturridge,it is starting to taking the piss...
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #4: Jan 06, 2016 07:38:34 am

KLOPP TO SHOP

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp admitted he may be forced into the transfer market to bring in a new centre-back.

The club's injury problems worsened during their League Cup semi-final first-leg win at Stoke with Dejan Lovren and Kolo Toure suffering hamstring problems.

When asked whether he would use the transfer market to strengthen, Klopp said: "This is something we have to think about."

"Two weeks ago we had three centre-backs, which is a good situation, and the season started with five - but now it is zero."
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #5: Jan 06, 2016 07:50:55 am
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/29328/10120318/liverpools-injuries-are-not-a-coincidence-says-graeme-souness

Liverpool's injuries are not a coincidence, says Graeme Souness

The man knows what am i talking about :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6: Jan 06, 2016 08:36:39 am
      Apart from Skrtel all of those players have a fairly chequered injury history.  Many of them have already had spells out very recently with other injuries.

Once you've been out for a period in the season and then come back in with games every three days you are far more prone to suffering these kind of soft tissue injuries.

I don't see it as a major fundamental problem, a Klopp specific problem or anything like that.

If a player is out injured for four weeks during the season you can either

a) give them a further month of slow rehabilitation back before they play or
      b) play them immediately

With the scale of our pre-existing injuries and the nature of the games every three days almost every club will have to go for option b.

Like I said, Liverpool have been very good at buying players who seem susceptible to injury.  Benteke hasn't been out for a few games so he'll probably be next.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7: Jan 06, 2016 08:48:33 am

He ought to. When he took over as Liverpool manager we got a load of hamstring injuries, one of which virtually ruined Barnes as a winger.

The problem I think is that abroad they do much more speed, technique and agility training while over here we tend to do much more conditioning and fitness training.

I presume that Klopp has changed the player training and that will be one reason we have had so many hamstring injuries, another may be the high pressing game we play.

I remember when Beckham first went to Madrid he said that because Madrid didn't do much conditioning training he didn't feel as fit in the second half of the season. (It was also his excuse for his poor showing at the Euros at the end of that season)

Arsene Wenger blames it on the weather that in England the players get much more fitness and conditioning training and less technique and tactics training as they do abroad.

No doubt the players and the manager will adapt over time.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Jan 06, 2016 08:51:42 am
      Maybe our medical staff are not being strict enough when prospective players are having their medicals.Or could it be that some players are good at conning the medical staff.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #9: Jan 06, 2016 08:52:44 am
      I think preseason is definitely a factor. We had a Rodgers preseason but we are playing the Klopp way.

Maybe Jürgen does a more intense preseason to prepare the players for the season ahead.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10: Jan 06, 2016 08:53:32 am
      Maybe our medical staff are not being strict enough when prospective players are having their medicals.Or could it be that some players are good at conning the medical staff.

Liverpool's last doctor quit due to overwork and joined Crystal palace.

Former Liverpool club doctor Zaf Iqbal has spoken for the first time about why he left his “dream job” at Anfield earlier this year.

As he was revealed as the new doctor at Crystal Palace, Iqbal revealed the reasons behind his swift departure from the Reds back in January.

Iqbal said he had been forced to move south because of illness in his family and an increased work-load at Anfield which was not compatible with those responsibilities.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Jan 06, 2016 08:56:46 am
      Liverpool's last doctor quit due to overwork and joined Crystal palace. 

He was probably overworked when you count the number of players Rodgers bought in his 3 year tenure.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #12: Jan 06, 2016 08:59:38 am
      He was probably overworked when you count the number of players Rodgers bought in his 3 year tenure.

Brendan brought enough in to keep a small hospital busy mate, although Sturridge must have added a fair bit to his work load :)
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #13: Jan 06, 2016 09:16:50 am
      He ought to. When he took over as Liverpool manager we got a load of hamstring injuries, one of which virtually ruined Barnes as a winger.

The problem I think is that abroad they do much more speed, technique and agility training while over here we tend to do much more conditioning and fitness training.

I presume that Klopp has changed the player training and that will be one reason we have had so many hamstring injuries, another may be the high pressing game we play.

I remember when Beckham first went to Madrid he said that because Madrid didn't do much conditioning training he didn't feel as fit in the second half of the season. (It was also his excuse for his poor showing at the Euros at the end of that season)

Arsene Wenger blames it on the weather that in England the players get much more fitness and conditioning training and less technique and tactics training as they do abroad.

No doubt the players and the manager will adapt over time.
      Who knows,maybe when the players get used to Klopps training regime maybe they will become much tougher and less injury prone.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14: Jan 06, 2016 09:23:34 am
      all we need is a goalkeeper injured to say we have a who team injured.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15: Jan 06, 2016 09:26:21 am
      Have no idea .

Overtraining ?  Previous undertraining ?

There is a common denominator somewhere for this amount.

Whatever results we are getting are miraculous.

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #16: Jan 06, 2016 09:26:29 am
      all we need is a goalkeeper injured to say we have a who team injured.
      Im sure that could be arranged :)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #17: Jan 06, 2016 09:56:16 am
      Talking about the hamstring injuries in his post match interview yesterday, Jürgen made reference to not being used to the English game. He seemed to be pissed off, presumably with the number of games being played here.

I think too many games could be a cause in Skrtel and Coutinho's cases. The others havent played enough football for that to be the cause I dont think. It could be something in training. It could be the higher intensity pressing.  It could just be unlucky.

Certainly its the case that it would have been better to bring Jürgen in during the summer so he could have set up the pre-season training and got players prepared the way he wanted rather than have to come in and start changing things mid season. Cant have helped.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Jan 06, 2016 10:22:20 am
      With our only fit senior CB being Kolo it's an ideal opportunity to bring in one of the u21s but all those CBs are injured too, so we're looking at u18s to fill in unless we carry on using Lucas.  As much as I love our youngsters getting 1st team minutes I really don't think Corey Whelan or Tom Brewitt are up to playing PL games.

No idea if we can cut Kevin Stewarts loan at Swindon short and recall him, he's about the only one who could help out both in defense and midfield but he's only just back from injury too.

Jordan Williams could be another option again if we can recall him from Swindon but he's injured too.

We're just having a really bad run of injuries but at least the window's open if we decide we need to buy/loan anyone.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #19: Jan 06, 2016 10:31:36 am
      we have had very wet slippy pitches since October and that can have an effect with unintentional over stretching. Also take out Sturridge and before  last nights game we had 3 out with hamstrings not 6. Jürgen clearly pissed off and even more so with stupid questions because since he came here we have had two games a week with little time to do fitness training it would be  mainly recovery stuff.
      It does highlight we are very stretched and need help.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #20: Jan 06, 2016 10:31:47 am
      With our only fit senior CB being Kolo it's an ideal opportunity to bring in one of the u21s but all those CBs are injured too, so we're looking at u18s to fill in unless we carry on using Lucas.  As much as I love our youngsters getting 1st team minutes I really don't think Corey Whelan or Tom Brewitt are up to playing PL games.

No idea if we can cut Kevin Stewarts loan at Swindon short and recall him, he's about the only one who could help out both in defense and midfield but he's only just back from injury too.

Jordan Williams could be another option again if we can recall him from Swindon but he's injured too.

We're just having a really bad run of injuries but at least the window's open if we decide we need to buy/loan anyone.

Maybe Wisdom can be recalled, or have we basically given up on him now?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #21: Jan 06, 2016 10:33:36 am
      I suppose this is the consequence of having a manager who demands 100% every time.

Interestingly Spurs press a lot more than anyone else in the league and are injury free highlighting that the players have been ill prepared previously to a high intensity game.
      Point being our CB's don't press so it's not down to the pressing maybe they are not used to the training methods. About time they put some effort in for the mega wages they earn.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #22: Jan 06, 2016 10:38:52 am
      Maybe Wisdom can be recalled, or have we basically given up on him now?

He's been injured too mate.  Not sure if he's back now though but he could be an option is he is.

Quick Reply