Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Serious Injury Problem!

Read 11885 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Serious Injury Problem!
      Reply #46: Jan 06, 2016 01:45:45 pm
      He'll fit right into the side then won't he? ;)

You're not the first one to post that Billy but yeah he will mate  :D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #47: Jan 06, 2016 01:48:20 pm
      don't hear many pundits having ago at Aguero at City or Arsenals injury list. Its a wake up call for FSG if they want anything from this season we need bodies coming in this month
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #48: Jan 06, 2016 03:16:11 pm
      We needed a CB even before this genocide,but now its urgent!
      We need it like yesterday
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #49: Jan 06, 2016 03:32:08 pm
      If Toure has hamstring issue, then all 4 CBs injured.
      We have one fit recognised striker.
      Can't recall so many injuries at the same time before.

Has to be due to the players getting pushed much more under Klopp
      Not hard to find articles about Dortmund injury problems
      http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/klopp-laments-difficult-dortmund-injury-list#:stBQpM63Q-K_XA
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11882/9218481/borussia-dortmund-manager-Jürgen-klopp-remains-determined-to-do-things-differently

Maybe we could've ramped up the training more gradually, who knows.
      We're just about getting by at the moment, but it is getting to the point now were the squad is/will be over stretched, and we'll suffer in matches.

So - do we need to do anything about it? Should we keep training and pushing in matches at the same rate?  Will we just burn up more players?
      Dunno, the answer btw :)
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #50: Jan 06, 2016 03:37:14 pm
      Hey look here,let me say one thing to all of you...
      We are screwed!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #51: Jan 06, 2016 03:40:06 pm
      if he put on his listening ears he would have heard Jürgen say we don't train we play and recover. So called ex pros making judgements without the facts are just arseholes and I am a big fan of Souness but he should shut the f**k up on this one.

;D he does talk a lot of sh1te, but I've seen a couple of interviews of him where he genuinely demonstrates good knowledge of the current environment. I get the feeling he says a lot of provocative stuff to get a reaction and get air time, which irritates me more than the ex players who are just not very good commentators tbh (John Barnes springs to mind)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #52: Jan 06, 2016 03:41:04 pm
      If Toure has hamstring issue, then all 4 CBs injured.
      We have one fit recognised striker.
      Can't recall so many injuries at the same time before.

Has to be due to the players getting pushed much more under Klopp
      Not hard to find articles about Dortmund injury problems
      http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/klopp-laments-difficult-dortmund-injury-list#:stBQpM63Q-K_XA
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11882/9218481/borussia-dortmund-manager-Jürgen-klopp-remains-determined-to-do-things-differently

Maybe we could've ramped up the training more gradually, who knows.
      We're just about getting by at the moment, but it is getting to the point now were the squad is/will be over stretched, and we'll suffer in matches.

So - do we need to do anything about it? Should we keep training and pushing in matches at the same rate?  Will we just burn up more players?
      Dunno, the answer btw :)

He seemed to be saying last night we don't so any training because we have had two game a week more or less since he came here they play a game recover then play again. What about Walcott or Aguero what about the four at Newcastle this isn't a Liverpool thing but the media are making out we are the only club suffering and its down to Jürgen for flogging the players
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #53: Jan 06, 2016 03:45:11 pm
      Hey, let me say to you...

You have a flair for the dramatic.

;)

Love it :D
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #54: Jan 06, 2016 04:12:02 pm
      He seemed to be saying last night we don't so any training because we have had two game a week more or less since he came here they play a game recover then play again. What about Walcott or Aguero what about the four at Newcastle this isn't a Liverpool thing but the media are making out we are the only club suffering and its down to Jürgen for flogging the players

Still, can't recall us ever having 'all' 4 CBs out before. And to have so many hamstring injuries. Effecting important players.
      Flogging players might be overstating it, but whatever we're doing, hard to see it just as a coincidence that it's happening months into Jürgen coming in.
      Wouldn't like to see us pressured into buying guys in January becuase of injuries, but we might have to. Hopefully we can get by Exeter while resting some of the regulars, and some guys are back available again for the Ushited match. Time for the backroom staff to earn their bucks...
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #55: Jan 06, 2016 04:30:21 pm
      Lallana defending the boss :)
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10120556/Jürgen-klopp-not-to-blame-for-liverpool-injures-says-adam-lallana#page-nav
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #56: Jan 06, 2016 04:31:28 pm
      We've had injury problems all season to all our players bar Clyne and weirdly Lallana.  We've had 2 games a week, every week since Jürgen arrived and we've had no choice sometimes to putting players back in probably before they should have.  Lovren for Sakho, Sakho for Lovren, Lovren for Skrtel, Allen for Lucas, Lucas for Allen etc.

Coutinho was having a great season until his hammy went in the city game, he's played every game more or less full 90 minutes since he returned and now it's gone again.

Hendo is rarely injured but has been out since early September.

We've got 5 long term injuries to Ings, Gomez, Sturridge, Enrique and Flanno.

It is unprecedented and it's great that until now it's not even been mentioned amongst pundits when trying to explain our up and down season, it's just easier to blame a new Manager with strange methods that aren't suited to the PL.

Let them all chat sh*t with themselves, they know F**k all.

We've had so many we've not been able to rest or rotate in the last few weeks
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #57: Jan 06, 2016 04:34:29 pm
      Lallana defending the boss :)
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10120556/Jürgen-klopp-not-to-blame-for-liverpool-injures-says-adam-lallana#page-nav

Pfft he's only saying that because he's getting a lot of playing time under Klopp :f_whistle:
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #58: Jan 06, 2016 04:50:22 pm
      Yep he's been mentioned along with Wisdom at Norwich mate.  Neither is ideal as Ilori hasn't played since the summer due to injuries and Wisdom hasn't played CB for about 3 seasons and is also recovering from a hamstring problem.

Lloyd Jones from blackpool then, shouldn't take long either, get him on the Northern service.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #59: Jan 06, 2016 04:54:27 pm
      Lloyd Jones from blackpool then, shouldn't take long either, get him on the Northern service.

He's another but he's also recovering from injury mate.  Been out since 1st October with an ankle injury.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #60: Jan 06, 2016 04:56:37 pm
      As I said earlier, very much doubt it has anything to do with either training or any change in the method of play.

Players available
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/squad/firstteam.html
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #61: Jan 06, 2016 04:59:24 pm
      Pfft he's only saying that because he's getting a lot of playing time under Klopp :f_whistle:
      Oy!!!Shtum!
      Kop loves Klopp! :)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #62: Jan 06, 2016 04:59:57 pm
      Apparently the players are running more per game ( 6 km more on average) under Jürgen than under Brendan -

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/06/liverpool-running-injuries-Jürgen-klopp

Also, Jürgen and Lallana both say that the players are basically just doing recovery between games and arent really training -

http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/sport/national/14184561.Klopp_training_regime_not_to_blame_for_injury_crisis__insists_Lallana/
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #63: Jan 06, 2016 05:29:43 pm
      So looks like its either going to be someone playing out of position or one of the academy lads... My money is on Brewitt getting on the bench at least.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #64: Jan 07, 2016 12:45:05 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_82w72bEY

Answers questions about Training here.
      Essentially. Theres no time for training. Mostly recovery.
      Nice Dig at Big Sam when asked about Sahko
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #65: Jan 07, 2016 01:07:04 am
      I think preseason is definitely a factor. We had a Rodgers preseason but we are playing the Klopp way.

Maybe Jürgen does a more intense preseason to prepare the players for the season ahead.

Yeah, pretty much this. The players are probably on a completely different fitness regime too and without a pre-season to do this, it's culminating in the injuries.

I've said this squad isn't up to the fitness levels Klopp wants - remember Dortmund were the fittest squad in Europe under him, but the lack of conditioning and strength mixed with intense methods in the middle of the season isn't helping.

They should get to the required levels of fitness given time and as a result hopefully less injuries, and hopefully it's a case of more pain, more gain for them in the long run.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #66: Jan 07, 2016 06:07:43 am
      The problem here ..... is that the matches that we have "pressed hard" in, are our best performances.  When we have played sh*te we did not "press hard"   

Jürgen seemed furious when it was suggested that his methods were to blame for the injuries. He made a point of saying we do not train, we just recover due to two games per week.
      But he spoke about the "reaction" being good after the Westham debacle. The players inconsistency then could be purely that they cannot give maximum effort in pressing every match, so it only comes when they are desperate to show a reaction to a poor previous match.

It appears the biggest efforts are forthcoming for the biggest matches as well which makes sense.
      You can understand why he is angry   The only way we can win is to press hard, and he is running out of players fast. The more we press, the quicker we run out of players. 

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #67: Jan 07, 2016 09:29:22 am
      Ilori on his way back.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #68: Jan 07, 2016 10:08:53 am
      3 Everton players went off last night two with calf injuries but no mention on Sky of possible reasons. Think there is an agenda already against Jürgen and fuelled by the fat b***ard Allerdyce who has absolutely no right to comment on Liverpool football Club or its players

Quick Reply