Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Marko Grujić Player Thread (LFC -> Porto)

Read 85060 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Marko Grujic Player Thread
      Reply #138: Jul 15, 2016 10:12:27 pm
      As if it wasn't clear already that Krawietz had scouted him extensively and wanted us to sign him when he arrived here with Klopp.

Yeah but what about going through the TC as some keep going on about!

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #139: Jul 15, 2016 10:16:01 pm
      Yeah but what about going through the TC as some keep going on about!

I tend to try and forget about those incompetent fools now. When you're manager has proven that he can develop talent and the best your TC has done is some crappy scouting for lower league clubs then it's a non-issue.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #140: Jul 15, 2016 10:19:53 pm
      I tend to try and forget about those incompetent fools now. When you're manager has proven that he can develop talent and the best your TC has done is some crappy scouting for lower league clubs then it's a non-issue.

I would not be suprised to find out they are still working with the "Big 3" however I think as time goes on we will see an exodus of those particular people being replaced by a hand-picked staff of Jürgen's choice.

Everything coming out of Anfield is that there is no TC vs. Manager anymore; there is only the manager. Many will not believe this to be true, I personally think it's 100% the case.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #141: Jul 15, 2016 10:34:00 pm
      Everything coming out of Anfield is that there is no TC vs. Manager anymore; there is only the manager. Many will not believe this to be true, I personally think it's 100% the case.

I agree, don't believe that Klopp would extend contract without sorting this issue. It's unlikely that he is willing to take sh*t from those incompetent bunch.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #142: Jul 15, 2016 10:51:09 pm
      I would not be suprised to find out they are still working with the "Big 3" however I think as time goes on we will see an exodus of those particular people being replaced by a hand-picked staff of Jürgen's choice.

It wouldn't surprise me either but as you said, I think Klopp is working 'with' rather than for the TC which is what it seemed like under Brendan. Without meaning to make it sound like a Brendan bashing, I don't see him as having a strong personality like Klopp so will tend to give in to the TC a lot more than Klopp would.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #143: Jul 18, 2016 04:05:50 am
      Looked the bollocks against Fleetwood this lad.

Hopefully he can replicate that against stronger opposition.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #144: Jul 20, 2016 08:23:01 pm
      I love how he celebrates like a madman even though its just a friendly!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #145: Jul 20, 2016 08:31:39 pm
      Bit of an alright player this lad.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #146: Jul 20, 2016 08:39:35 pm
      He has some talent. Not afraid to physical challenge as well.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #147: Jul 20, 2016 08:41:42 pm
      Good player this lad.  Puts himself about a lot, great technique and has a great shot on him.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #148: Jul 20, 2016 09:27:20 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #149: Jul 20, 2016 10:57:45 pm
      This lad will be a huge part for us next season
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #150: Jul 20, 2016 11:09:45 pm
      This lad will be a huge part for us next season

He does look the part doesn't he.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,340 posts | 1620 
      Reply #151: Jul 21, 2016 07:40:07 am
      Have we actually found that novelty , you know the one a scoring midfielder .Great technique for that goal kept it down nicely .
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #152: Jul 21, 2016 08:43:04 am
      Gruja jebe pa rastura !  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #153: Jul 21, 2016 07:17:56 pm
      Out of our signings so far, this is the one I find most exciting.

Inevitably, he'll have some patchy form at times, but he really does look quality.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #154: Jul 21, 2016 07:28:58 pm
      Out of our signings so far, this is the one I find most exciting.

Inevitably, he'll have some patchy form at times, but he really does look quality.

He was the one I had been most unsure about. Perhaps because we actually signed him back in the winter and maybe forgot about him a bit. Had bit of a Luis Alberto feel about it too but after that first game, even though it was weak opposition, I was impressed about his ability and mentality, how often do you a player celebrate like that in such a game?! It's been a while now since we had someone in CM that was top class, we were lucky to have Gerrard, Alonso and Masch, all at the same time at one point and hopefully we will be able to add this lad to that bracket as well.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #155: Jul 21, 2016 07:32:09 pm
      He was the one I had been most unsure about. Perhaps because we actually signed him back in the winter and maybe forgot about him a bit. Had bit of a Luis Alberto feel about it too but after that first game, even though it was weak opposition, I was impressed about his ability and mentality, how often do you a player celebrate like that in such a game?! It's been a while now since we had someone in CM that was top class, we were lucky to have Gerrard, Alonso and Masch, all at the same time at one point and hopefully we will be able to add this lad to that bracket as well.

Assuming Can continues to develop, we could have a really good midfield 2.
      I don't really expect him to dislodge Henderson just yet, but it would be nice if he could start pushing him.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #156: Jul 22, 2016 10:23:09 pm
      Marko Grujic on Jürgen Klopp, wild celebrations and his Liverpool dream. :)

Grujic has been impressive in his first two games for Liverpool - he sat down with James Pearce to discuss his Reds career so far

Liverpool's Marko Grujic celebrates scoring his team's opening goal during the pre-season friendly match at John Smith's Stadium,

Two games, two goals and two animated celebrations not usually witnessed in friendly fixtures against lower league opposition.

When the latter comes up in conversation at the start of the Reds' pre-season tour of America, the young Serbian midfielder smiles and provides a simple explanation for the outpouring of emotion which followed his sweet strikes in the routine wins over Fleetwood and Huddersfield.

“I know they are only friendly games,” Grujic told the ECHO.

“But whenever I score a goal my adrenaline always goes very high. I just can't control myself!

“When I started playing football at the age of seven, I always wanted to play in front of big crowds.

“Every goal means a lot to me, especially now I have joined this massive club. I think the celebration showed how much I want to do well for Liverpool.

“This is my dream and I want to take every opportunity that I get to show what I can do.”

Grujic cost Liverpool £5.1million from Red Star Belgrade back in January but he remained on loan in his homeland until the end of the season in order to help his boyhood club clinch the Serbian title.

Since his arrival, the 20-year-old has quickly endeared himself to Reds fans with two commanding displays.

At 6ft 3ins he's a man mountain and provides Liverpool with the kind of physical presence they have been crying out for.

As well as being a creative force, he has showcased his finishing expertise – most notably with the classy half volley he put away against Huddersfield on Wednesday night.

“I have come from the Serbian League which is easier than the Premier League,” Grujic said.

“There's a big difference between Serbian and English football and I will need to adapt.

“The games are faster and the tempo is quicker than I was used to. But I feel like I have the qualities to help me do well.

“I've enjoyed the two games against Fleetwood and Huddersfield.

“It's been a good start for me and for the squad in general as we prepare for the new season.

“I had to miss the Wigan game because I had sickness and a small problem with my back but everything is okay now. I felt good against Huddersfield.

“It's a pleasure for me to play alongside quality players like Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Lovren.”

Grujic on Klopp & Buvac
      It was a phone call from Jürgen Klopp to Grujic last December which helped Liverpool beat off competition from a host of top European clubs to secure his signature.

Working with the Reds boss over the past three weeks has whetted his appetite for what lies ahead.

“It's been a big pleasure for me,” Grujic said.

“Jürgen is a great coach and I'm learning all the time.

“Zeljko (Buvac, assistant manager) has also helped me. He speaks the same language as me so that makes it easy to talk with him.

“All the staff have been very good to me. It's not hard to adapt and settle in when people give you the kind of help that I've had since I joined Liverpool.

“I feel like I've been at this club for two or three years already.”

Grujic on America trip and midfield partners
      Grujic is enjoying his first visit to America and he knows the tour represents a step up in class in more ways than one.
      The opposition will certainly be of a higher calibre than Liverpool have faced so far this summer with International Champions Cup games against Chelsea and AC Milan in California followed by a clash with Roma in St Louis.

There will also be increased competition for the central midfield spots following the return to club duty of captain Jordan Henderson and James Milner. Emre Can will link up with the squad next week.

“It's very exciting,” Grujic said.

“I've never been to America before but I know that San Francisco and LA are great cities.

“We have some difficult games coming up against stronger teams and that's what we need. It will be good for our preparation.

“With the guys from the Euros coming back, that includes some nice players for my position.

“Milner, Can, Henderson – they are perfect. There's a lot of competition for those midfield places.”

Grujic was bought for the long-term but this tour provides him with the stage to prove he's ready to be thrown straight into Premier League duty next month.

If the goals continue to flow for him Stateside then you can expect the knee slide, fist pump celebration to be taken up a notch.

“This time we're spending in America is very important,” he added.

“There is a lot of hard work to be done. I know I have a lot to learn and I need to listen to what the manager asks from me.

“Of course I want to play in the first XI in the Premier League, but there are a lot of very good players at this club in my position.

“I have to prove myself in order to get minutes on the pitch. I want to keep contributing.

“Everything has been like a dream for me at Liverpool so far and now I will continue to give my best.”
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #157: Jul 26, 2016 08:43:22 pm
      It certainly like what I have seen of this lad so far, he is big and strong, tidy in possession, has a couple of goals to his name and it looks like he is a competitor. Maybe he can be our Matic this season? He has the capacity to offer the same physical presence.

Here are all his touches from the last friendly with Huddersfield

https://youtu.be/VVp-o-Slmr8

RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #158: Jul 27, 2016 01:52:54 pm
      Both Nemanja Matic and Marko Grujic are offspring of Red Star academy.

It doesn't have to mean anything, but Marko Grujic is much more talented player, more noble and and technically better player than Matic in his age.

Matić has even left Red Star as insufficiently talented and had to build his way to Premier league over lower league clubs in Serbia and Slovakia. This says more about the coaches in Red Star academy tho :roll:

He will be better than Matic, but maybe not this year yet. Give him some time.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #159: Jul 27, 2016 02:25:27 pm
      It certainly like what I have seen of this lad so far, he is big and strong, tidy in possession
      I have to agree Scotty. Maybe... maybe... lacking in a bit of experience but that will surely come. I'd wean him and let him get used to the Premier League, rather than expecting too much too soon but he does seem (to me anyhow) that he'll get there.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #160: Jul 28, 2016 09:42:55 pm

Quick Reply