Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Marko Grujić Player Thread (LFC -> Porto)

Read 84632 times
      Tommy#Benfica
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | 12 
      Re: Marko Grujic Player Thread
      Reply #161: Aug 06, 2016 08:56:09 pm
      Great assist, superb goal.
      http://i.imgur.com/fubkJ5S.gifv

Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #162: Aug 06, 2016 09:29:06 pm
      The goal was excellent, but his performances in general have been even more impressive this pre-season.

Hopefully we will see him paired with Can in midfield vs. Arsenal next weekend.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #163: Aug 06, 2016 09:41:42 pm
      The goal was excellent, but his performances in general have been even more impressive this pre-season.

Hopefully we will see him paired with Can in midfield vs. Arsenal next weekend.

This time next week you will be calling him out as sh*te.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #164: Aug 06, 2016 09:55:40 pm
      This time next week you will be calling him out as sh*te.

Nature of being a supporter. We're all guilty of being fickle.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #165: Aug 06, 2016 10:04:34 pm
      Nature of being a supporter. We're all guilty of being fickle.

Hmm, yeah, but not to the extent of 'I told you so, I always said he was sh*t' when every post of his contradicts the other. The guy is a troll. A Chelsea supporting WUM. Simple as that.

Anyway, as for Grujic, I think he will come on just fine - I'm not expecting fireworks as it will take time for him to adapt physically to the cut and thrust of the Premier League but give it a few months and we could very well see something special.
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #166: Aug 07, 2016 12:16:55 am
      I expect from him to maintain this one goal per game statistics through the season.  :drinking:

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #167: Aug 07, 2016 12:48:29 am
      You know what I like about him when I watch him play... he goes looking for the ball , but on top of that, he can shift the ball well. I think we may have a gem of a player.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #168: Aug 07, 2016 12:59:35 am
      You know what I like about him when I watch him play... he goes looking for the ball , but on top of that, he can shift the ball well. I think we may have a gem of a player.

:nod:

What an outstanding goal to score too, that type of header is so rare to accomplish, brilliant.

Been really impressed by the little we've seen of him so far, those midfield spots are right up for grabs in my opinion and I wont be surprised at all if he grabs one for himself very quickly.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #169: Aug 07, 2016 01:04:37 am

What an outstanding goal to score too, that type of header is so rare to accomplish, brilliant.

Been really impressed by the little we've seen of him so far, those midfield spots are right up for grabs in my opinion and I wont be surprised at all if he grabs one for himself very quickly.

Up there with the Suarez header a few years ago, bullet from the edge of the box.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #170: Aug 07, 2016 01:13:19 am

Absolutely!!! Maybe It'll  bring out the best in Can having a good ball playing midfielder? Will have to wait and see tbh.

I think a midfield 3 of Hendo/Lallana, Grujic and Can could work out. I do remember Klopp saying our midfield will change every so often, from a triangle to a 3, can't remember where he said it, but it was a week or 2 ago.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #171: Aug 07, 2016 01:23:47 am
      Absolutely!!! Maybe It'll  bring out the best in Can having a good ball playing midfielder? Will have to wait and see tbh.

I think a midfield 3 of Hendo/Lallana, Grujic and Can could work out. I do remember Klopp saying our midfield will change every so often, from a triangle to a 3, can't remember where he said it, but it was a week or 2 ago.

Yep I've wanted to see Lallana play that deeper role for a while, think he'll be really suited to it.

Up there with the Suarez header a few years ago, bullet from the edge of the box.

Agreed, Suarez's looked more flashy but would be hard to split in terms of which is more difficult to perform.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #172: Aug 07, 2016 09:07:34 am
      What a header, he knew what was he doing. That type of header was the only possible header to score with it. He is a football mind. Brilliant, just give him time.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #173: Aug 07, 2016 12:42:18 pm
      That header just gets better every time I see it.

He certainly looks full of confidence.
      Now we just have to see how he handles the Prem. My guess is that he'll be fine.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #174: Sep 21, 2016 08:59:34 am
      Apart from the one instance when he held onto the ball too long a very reassuring display from young Marko.

The old cliche has good feet for a big man.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #175: Nov 27, 2016 02:50:35 am
      Apart from the one instance when he held onto the ball too long a very reassuring display from young Marko.

The old cliche has good feet for a big man.

I notice he's not in the squad of late, even when we have some starters out injured. Is Marko also carrying an injury - anyone know?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #176: Nov 27, 2016 09:36:24 am
      I notice he's not in the squad of late, even when we have some starters out injured. Is Marko also carrying an injury - anyone know?

Good chance he will be playing on Tuesday.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #177: Nov 28, 2016 02:58:59 pm
      Good chance he will be playing on Tuesday.

Hope so. I think he's a tremendous talent.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #178: Nov 28, 2016 04:01:06 pm

Thought i read he picked up a thigh strain playing for Serbia u-21's(dunno if it was part of the wba conspiracy)  ;)
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #179: Nov 30, 2016 09:35:20 am
      Surprised he didn't get more time last night...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #180: Dec 04, 2016 10:15:46 pm
      What's going on with this lad?

Looked very promising in all the games he's featured in so far.

Surely he would have been an option today off the bench to help protect the lead?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #181: Dec 05, 2016 03:57:35 am
      What's going on with this lad?  Looked very promising in all the games he's featured in so far.  Surely he would have been an option today off the bench to help protect the lead?

Forget about the bench, he could've helped us starting!

I also am confused about his absence. He was absolutely brilliant in pre-season, easily our best CM.  He has hardly had a look-in since then.  Surely he's a better option in midfield than Can at this point, Grujic always looked poised on the ball, can pick out a pass, but also has a bit of grit in him. 

Hopefully we will see him back playing soon enough, especially considering how underwhelming our midfield can look at times.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #182: Jan 07, 2017 03:17:00 pm
      Update on Grujic from James Pearce in The Echo. He's due back in training soon after a hamstring injury

Another player on the comeback trail is Marko Grujic. The young Serbian midfielder, who cost the Reds £5.1million from Red Star Belgrade, hasn’t featured since late November due to a problem with his hamstring tendon.

“Marko is still out but he’s in a good way,” Klopp revealed.

“Maybe at the start of next week he will be back in team training.

“It’s been difficult for him. He hasn’t been able to do much. Muscles all heal differently. With Marko, it took a while longer.

“He’s not injured any more but he’s not ready to play.”
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #183: Jan 21, 2017 02:37:55 pm
      It's time.

Quick Reply