Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Huddersfield [Premier League] Fri 26th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Marko Grujić Player Thread (on loan at Hertha Berlin)

Read 34566 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts | 50 
      Re: Marko Grujic Player Thread
      Reply #225: Mar 15, 2017 10:55:39 am
      Yeah, perhaps you are right. Composure from Wijnaldum is not the problem, nor is it the problem for Lallana. The main problem is the ball distribution, a player that can really set the tempo.

Every time I have seen Grujic play, he just knows what to do with it, he doesn't dwell on the ball or take that extra touch when not necessary like Wijnaldum or Lallana. He doesn't play 99% safe passes like Hendo, and nor does he panic when pressed like Can.

What I love about Grujic is how how quick he shifts the ball in the middle, but also always demanding it too. Very similar to Lucas but a more mobile version and less defensive. I have a sneaky feeling he can be a beastly CM player.

Glad to see you're as excited as I am! Can finally have a bench addition that has the abilities to change a game
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts | 30 
      Reply #226: May 09, 2017 11:51:12 am
      The real Grujic, when playing with self-confidence on 0:52 against Everton kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ll2nVO974

He was like this when playing for the Red Star, not once per game, but every f**king contact with the ball. Something happened with him this season, maybe Klopp was too critical and he lost confidence. Yes, the competition is harder, but it is not just this. It can be seen on his face when he is playing for Liverpool first team. He is scared. The real Grujic is not a tall guy which can be used when we play high balls, although he can be that as well. The real Grujic is an artist, confident with the ball, creative passing, never loses the ball under the pressure.  He makes his teammates look much better than they really are.

althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,458 posts | 337 
      Reply #227: May 09, 2017 01:07:16 pm
      Sort of the forgotten man isn't he? interesting that Klopp did everything to sign him, shame about the injuries but could be like a new signing next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,519 posts | 3296 
      Reply #228: May 09, 2017 01:33:45 pm
      Thought he was going to be big for us this season but injuries ruined that. I think he'll be massive for us next season. You can see the kid has class.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,722 posts | 1887 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #229: Jun 20, 2017 04:14:18 pm
      Marko Grujić starts for Serbia u21s vs. Macedonia.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,218 posts | 1736 
      Reply #230: Jun 20, 2017 04:29:42 pm
      Thought he was going to be big for us this season but injuries ruined that. I think he'll be massive for us next season. You can see the kid has class.

Totally agree, I think this lad has a very bright future.
      Pear
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 39 
      • S8G
      Reply #231: Jun 29, 2017 12:18:11 am
      E moj Grujicu dobri. I hope you didnt watched him at EURO U21 last week.
      Not looking like a Liverpool player and great talent. Whole Serbia squad played like crap,but i looked at Grujic and he was horrible.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,513 posts | 4903 
      • YNWA
      Reply #232: Jun 29, 2017 12:29:03 am
      Not looking like a Liverpool player and great talent. Whole Serbia squad played like crap,but i looked at Grujic and he was horrible.

F***ing hell. You don't come on here for ages and you all of a sudden let rip a diarrhoea of negativity. F**kin state of you...
      Pear
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 39 
      • S8G
      Reply #233: Jun 29, 2017 12:42:14 am
      F***ing hell. You don't come on here for ages and you all of a sudden let rip a diarrhoea of negativity. F**kin state of you...

Not negativity my friend, reality.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,212 posts | 1841 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #234: Jun 29, 2017 04:10:32 pm

May as well f***in sell him then, apart from this week have you actually seen him perform ?

FF's fella, give the bloke a chance, we as in more well established members of this forum have seen this lads potential some even at first hand, and the reports are that he's a f***in good player,

a wee bit of advice mate, take it it's free, ... Whilst on a LFC forum, don't take the piss out of LFC players, and don't put the fella down and be all f***in neg head about him, its not the way to make friends and influence people, especially on these boards, Trust me !

YNWA
      Pear
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 39 
      • S8G
      Reply #235: Jun 29, 2017 04:16:55 pm

May as well f***in sell him then, apart from this week have you actually seen him perform ?

FF's fella, give the bloke a chance, we as in more well established members of this forum have seen this lads potential some even at first hand, and the reports are that he's a f***in good player,

a wee bit of advice mate, take it it's free, ... Whilst on a LFC forum, don't take the piss out of LFC players, and don't put the fella down and be all f***in neg head about him, its not the way to make friends and influence people, especially on these boards, Trust me !

YNWA
      You seen him play first hand,for real?
      I live in Belgrade, i watched him for years from the stands as he played for Red Star, i am just saying that he is not the player taht he used to be.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,467 posts | 165 
      Reply #236: Jun 29, 2017 04:37:33 pm
      He played we'll when came on against Barca, and scored a cracking header. Has a physical presence and aerial ability we lack in the middle of the park.
      Pear
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 39 
      • S8G
      Reply #237: Jun 29, 2017 04:42:40 pm
      He played we'll when came on against Barca, and scored a cracking header. Has a physical presence and aerial ability we lack in the middle of the park.

I hope i will see him play a bit more this season, deserves a real chance.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,255 posts | 1135 
      Reply #238: Jun 29, 2017 04:53:40 pm

You really are a rotten Pear.
      Pear
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 39 
      • S8G
      Reply #239: Jun 29, 2017 05:11:52 pm
      Nicely said.
      But i am not gonna change my mind until i see him play like he knows.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,108 posts | 649 
      Reply #240: Jul 06, 2017 07:39:36 pm
      He missed A LOT of training and matches last season. Hopefully he can stay healthy and really build his fitness, confidence and cultivate the bright glimmers he's shown us in limited appearances.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #241: Jul 22, 2017 05:50:24 pm
      Not trying to get ahead of myself, but this lad has something very Gerrard-esque about him. Hope he'll get a good amount of game time next season, perhaps in cup competitions.
      LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,979 posts | 1109 
      Reply #242: Jul 22, 2017 09:26:44 pm
      Not trying to get ahead of myself, but this lad has something very Gerrard-esque about him. Hope he'll get a good amount of game time next season, perhaps in cup competitions.

I can't see it so far mate
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,519 posts | 3296 
      Reply #243: Jul 23, 2017 12:36:51 pm
      Take off the blindfold then. He's going to be a good player for us if he stays healthy.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,473 posts | 579 
      Reply #244: Jul 23, 2017 12:38:56 pm
      Take off the blindfold then. He's going to be a good player for us if he stays healthy.

Looks a very good prospect IMO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,806 posts | 3444 
      Reply #245: Jul 23, 2017 08:15:47 pm

Nicely said.
      But i am not gonna change my mind until i see him play like he knows.

Or just you talking sh*te lad!!

I'd say give him a bit of time to settle into playing with the rest of our squad, seeing as he spent two thirds of last season on the treatment table.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,209 posts | 626 
      Reply #246: Sep 06, 2017 06:49:42 pm
      I think Marko may need a loan spell at a club where he can be the "main man" in order to really develop further.  For me, he has all the raw ingredients -- size, athleticism, power, technique, crisp passing, a powerful shot, and an eye for goal.  The problem is that he isn't quite consistent enough to get ahead of our current crop, but he needs games to continue his development.  I think he'd be a regular starter at a club like West Ham and he'd probably get a solid 10+ goals if he played regularly.  A season like that and he'd be ready to compete for a regular place again next year. 
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,769 posts | 1641 
      Reply #247: Sep 06, 2017 06:52:01 pm
      I think Marko may need a loan spell at a club where he can be the "main man" in order to really develop further.  For me, he has all the raw ingredients -- size, athleticism, power, technique, crisp passing, a powerful shot, and an eye for goal.  The problem is that he isn't quite consistent enough to get ahead of our current crop, but he needs games to continue his development.  I think he'd be a regular starter at a club like West Ham and he'd probably get a solid 10+ goals if he played regularly.  A season like that and he'd be ready to compete for a regular place again next year. 

A bit surprised myself we have not loaned out any of our better prospects to Huddersfield seeing as they bought 11 players, he's Klopp's buddy and they are of no real threat to us.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,225 posts | 2171 
      Reply #248: Sep 06, 2017 06:52:36 pm
      Or just you talking sh*te lad!!

I'd say give him a bit of time to settle into playing with the rest of our squad, seeing as he spent two thirds of last season on the treatment table.

Which also hampered his development.
      He's still only 21, plenty of time for the lad.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,766 posts | 2231 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #249: Sep 07, 2017 07:54:14 am

Loans don't work

Quick Reply