Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Marko Grujić Player Thread (LFC -> Porto)

Read 85323 times
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Re: Marko Grujic Player Thread
      Reply #69: May 10, 2016 01:46:39 pm
      You never know how someone will adapt in a new club and a new country, a new league, but for Marko can be said that he is a very stable person for his age and had already been through a lot. He plays well under pressure, usually play better on important than the less important matches. One gets the impression that the big games and crowd inspire him to show more. Serbian league is not strong, but the pressure can still be immense and when you play for Red Styar you just have to win every game or you are in trouble.

Just imagine that you have to walk through this tunnel and play the game. On this game Marko was by far the best player on the pitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57RGGDTHbFA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #70: May 25, 2016 02:14:09 pm
      The nearly forgotten mans first interview.  Again I'm loving the fact that the first contact about a potential transfer is coming from Jürgen himself.

Liverpool signing Marko Grujic on his Anfield dream and thrashing his new team-mates

10:46, 24 May 2016
          Updated 10:55, 24 May 2016
          By Ian Doyle

Serbian starlet describes "euphoria" at Reds switch... and has warning for Jordan Henderson and company.

Marko Grujic was shocked by the phone call he received from Jürgen Klopp.

Marko Grujic admits he is “living a dream” by moving to Liverpool – but has warned his new team-mates he’s ready to thrash them.

Serbian starlet Grujic will finally arrive at Anfield this summer after the Reds agreed a £5.1million deal with Red Star Belgrade in January.

The 20-year-old midfielder remained at Red Star and helped them clinch the Serbian title and was this week voted in the SuperLiga Team of the Year for his contribution to his side’s unbeaten domestic campaign.

But now his attention is focused on his new life at Liverpool after the “euphoria” of receiving a call from Reds boss Jürgen Klopp.

“It was one of the most beautiful days in my life,” he recalls. “When my representatives told me that I had a call from someone, I didn’t dream that on the other side of the line would be Jürgen Klopp .

“At first I was confused a little bit when I saw I had a call from England. How should I feel when I’ve only seen or heard him only on TV until that point? I was both happy and confused.

“After that it was a big euphoria. It was nice, but but after that I’ve been a little tired after a lot of stories in the media.

“Now, though, I have signed for one of the biggest clubs in the world and I’m very satisfied.

“I am living a dream that every boy wants to live.”

Since his move to Anfield was announced, Grujic has been inundated with new followers on social media.

“I know that Liverpool fans are some of the best fans in the world and one of the most numerous,” he said.

“Since I signed, they have been very active on Instagram and we’ve been in contact. Players have support from the fans and you can see how much they love the club.”

And Grujic, speaking in a question and answer session on Red Star’s television channel, has been using social networks to keep tabs on how the quality of his new team-mates – at video game FIFA 16.

“They are very good at it,” he said. “As I saw over social media, they play it very often. I won’t be easy to beat. And I think that I won’t have any problems beating them.”

Grujic shot to prominence last summer when part of the Serbia squad that won the FIFA Under-20 World Cup by beating Brazil 2-1 in the final in New Zealand.

The midfielder has crammed much already into a career that has seen him still yet to play 50 senior games.

“Most of my dreams have come true,” he said. “I am playing for the Red Star first team. We are one step away from winning the title. With the Serbian under-19 national team, I have won the World championship.

“There are only a few things left – to play regularly for Liverpool, to be a regular for the national team, to win the World Cup, and then to come back to Red Star and finish my career.”
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #71: May 25, 2016 03:04:42 pm
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #72: May 25, 2016 03:23:11 pm
      I like what he has to say - hopefully he can replicate that on the pitch too
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #73: Jun 28, 2016 10:45:02 pm
      Don't know if it's already been posted.

https://youtu.be/yoIZDUXCmkA
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #74: Jul 01, 2016 03:22:14 pm
      Reading back at RedStar's player review and watching YT vids, he could be our Pogba :O
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #75: Jul 01, 2016 03:39:32 pm

I like what I see!

The second goal on the half volley and the one that goes in off the post have a touch of the Stevie G's about them to my eyes. Looks like he's decent in the air and also on both feet. Obviously youtube can make most players look an awful lot better than they are consistently but still very impressive for a 20 year old.

I hadn't considered him as a starter but after watching that I'm genuinely excited to see him in our friendlies.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #76: Jul 01, 2016 04:44:27 pm
      I like what I see!

The second goal on the half volley and the one that goes in off the post have a touch of the Stevie G's about them to my eyes. Looks like he's decent in the air and also on both feet. Obviously youtube can make most players look an awful lot better than they are consistently but still very impressive for a 20 year old.

I hadn't considered him as a starter but after watching that I'm genuinely excited to see him in our friendlies.

Think the gaffer is definitely one to think if your good enough your old enough.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #77: Jul 01, 2016 05:02:48 pm
      Think the gaffer is definitely one to think if your good enough your old enough.

Oh without doubt mate, I hadn't honestly considered him as a possible starter but looking at that there's plenty there to give encouragement. Really intrigued how he does in our early friendlies to see where the boss sees him. Might be the surprise package Grujic, very interesting.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #78: Jul 01, 2016 06:11:44 pm
      What number has he taken?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #79: Jul 01, 2016 07:11:15 pm
      My overriding impression from watching the video is how poor a standard the league he was playing in is. Of course that doesn't definitely mean he won't instantly cut it at a better standard (Deli Alli did) but it does mean it's extremely unlikely IMHO. My guess is if he is in and around the squad by the end of the season he'll be doing pretty well.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #80: Jul 01, 2016 07:29:35 pm

From what he said in January it'll be either 35 or 88.

https://twitter.com/vlstastevanovic/status/693445681495805952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Marko Grujic: Liverpool FC no.8 shirt would be a burden

14:25,     31 JAN 2016       UPDATED 14:26, 31 JAN 2016         BY PAUL PHILBIN

New Liverpool signing Marko Grujic has revealed that it would be difficult for him to follow in the footsteps of Steven Gerrard and wear the no.8 shirt.

Grujic, 19, was Jürgen Klopp’s first signing as Liverpool manager and was loaned back to Red Star Belgrade for the rest of the season.

It has been suggested Grujic would be the first player to be handed Gerrard’s old shirt number when he arrives in the summer, but the Serbian youngster believes no player in the world would want the burden.

Speaking to Serbian newspaper Blic, Grujic said: “It would be very difficult.

“I thought it was possible, but no player in the world, to come from Real Madrid or Barcelona, would want this burden.

“It is better to start slowly and then build.

“I’ll have maybe 35, like at the beginning with Star, or 88 — definitely something that has to do with an eight.”

Liverpool striker Danny Ings choose the number 28 shirt upon his arrival last summer for a similar reason.

“I stayed away from the low numbers.” he said.

“You have got to take that pressure off yourself as a young lad coming through. That is what I personally think.

“I would make sure I am established before taking any of those numbers.

“It is such a huge club. That was the thinking behind it.

“I wouldn’t want to go to Liverpool and chuck a shirt on my back like that ­ it is pressure you don’t need. The expectation at clubs like that is huge.

“Obviously I am going to work my socks off to earn that number one day. For now I will take a high number and work hard.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/marko-grujic-liverpool-fc-no8-10814246
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #81: Jul 01, 2016 07:30:00 pm
      My overriding impression from watching the video is how poor a standard the league he was playing in is. Of course that doesn't definitely mean he won't instantly cut it at a better standard (Deli Alli did) but it does mean it's extremely unlikely IMHO. My guess is if he is in and around the squad by the end of the season he'll be doing pretty well.

Yeah got to agree 19 year old in his first season coming to a much higher quality league, will take him to adapt.
      Will be a pleasant surprise if he gets a lot of starts meaning he is something special.
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #82: Jul 01, 2016 07:32:50 pm
      I like what I see!

True, the impression from short youtube videos can be deceiving.
      If someone is bored and want to watch Grujic in important games, I will post one of his first game for Red Star (full match) in September last year. It was "eternal derby" against Partizan (the most important game in Serbia by far). Before this game he was just a talented kid, even majority of Red Star fans didn't know how he can play. This was a huge responsibility for such a young player. Coaches in such a match usually put experienced players, because it's a game that in Serbia often decides season. He was one of the best player in the game, maybe the best.

Its not the best resolution of the video so... red and white jersey number 8, tallest player in the middle of the pitch.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmUmocZzqDc
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #83: Jul 01, 2016 07:43:48 pm
      Don't really pay attention to clips anymore, or interviews, after recently being impressed with Markovic when interviewed, and seeing clips of Mario scoring goals. Will just wait till he gets here, plays a few games, cast the peepers over him, see how he looks.
      At least he doesn't look like another long haired dancy type. Hopefully he'll come in and at least show character and commitment. And we won't be wading through 'ah but sure he's young, loads of potential, different country, different league, misses his mammy' and all the rest of it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #84: Jul 02, 2016 10:24:19 am
      I like what I see!

Oh without doubt mate, I hadn't honestly considered him as a possible starter but looking at that there's plenty there to give encouragement. Really intrigued how he does in our early friendlies to see where the boss sees him. Might be the surprise package Grujic, very interesting.

Looks good doesn't he mate.  Still a massive jump from where he's been playing to the PL but like you I'm looking forward to watching him in the pre season games.

Only 6 more sleeps  :D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #85: Jul 04, 2016 05:14:02 pm
      He may not feature on Friday after all  :(

Only just secured his work permit today and there's still some procedural issues to resolve.

Gutted!

Oh and he's our new No.16  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2016 05:28:07 pm by reddebs »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #86: Jul 04, 2016 05:36:59 pm
      Too tall :)

Looks like a f**king monster. May be the answer to our midfielders getting bullied.

Is that Grujic behind Mane?...Jesus he's huge

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #87: Jul 04, 2016 05:45:07 pm
      He may not feature on Friday after all  :(

Only just secured his work permit today and there's still some procedural issues to resolve.

Gutted!

Oh and he's our new No.16  ;D

I'm surprised he picked 16 after what he said in January.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #88: Jul 04, 2016 06:01:07 pm
      I'm surprised he picked 16 after what he said in January.

8x2?  Excellent he thinks he's double Stevie  ;D
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #89: Jul 04, 2016 06:16:43 pm
      That's the number that he wore in national U21 team that won the world championship.

Probably his lucky number :)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #90: Jul 04, 2016 06:19:12 pm
      Was rumored to get #8 but now it seems we really want the "right" player for that number!

Hope the incoming makes Stevie proud!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #91: Jul 04, 2016 06:27:06 pm
      That's the number that he wore in national U21 team that won the world championship.

Probably his lucky number :)

How do you reckon he's going to fair in the PL mate?  Do you think he'll surprise us and be a regular starter this season?

Quick Reply