Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Marko Grujić Player Thread (LFC -> Porto)

Read 85159 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Marko Grujic Player Thread
      Reply #207: Feb 20, 2017 09:31:05 am
      Gonna sound crazy, but he seems like the type of player Klopp could develop into the next Lewandowski.  Big, strong, quick, and knows how to find the back of the net.  I could just be pissed off my ass (I am about 10 deep at a wedding) but for some reason he strikes me as a more natural #9 than Firmino....

Debs style "sarcasm" again?  ;D

Still... you may be onto something - a big, strong, quick, player who knows how to find the back of the net and who misses a lot of games through injury. If only we had a centre forward [instead of a central midfielder] who ticked those boxes; eh?

Sarcasm... a piece of piss really. 😎
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #208: Feb 20, 2017 01:44:01 pm
      Grujic has a charisma I have not seen in a midfield player at our club since Luis Garcia. I would be getting him in our first team ASAP. He is very creative and a player in our midfield that has the potential to become world class.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #209: Feb 20, 2017 01:54:05 pm
      Grujic has a charisma I have not seen in a midfield player at our club since Luis Garcia. I would be getting him in our first team ASAP. He is very creative and a player in our midfield that has the potential to become world class.

Calm down he's barely played yet :D
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #210: Feb 20, 2017 09:02:10 pm
      Please elaborate on the "charisma".
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #211: Feb 20, 2017 09:52:34 pm

What are you basing this on? I've barely seen him in a reds shirt, he didn't stand out for me when he did play.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #212: Feb 20, 2017 10:27:14 pm

;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #213: Feb 20, 2017 11:58:19 pm
      What are you basing this on? I've barely seen him in a reds shirt, he didn't stand out for me when he did play.

He looked alright to me albeit in limited appearances, but it sounds like Rip has experienced a different type of "feeling" when he watched him play.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #214: Feb 21, 2017 05:24:01 am
      He looked alright to me albeit in limited appearances, but it sounds like Rip has experienced a different type of "feeling" when he watched him play.

Ive had that feeling about lots of players before, I was convinced McLaughlin, Texieria, Suso, Wisdom were all going to make it 😖 Hopefully will soon see what Jürgen saw when he bought him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #215: Feb 21, 2017 08:43:12 am
      Hopefully will soon see what Jürgen saw when he bought him.

To be fair, Jürgen hadn't seen Marko kick a ball "live" when he signed him.

Signed on the strength of scout recommendations and film footage I assume.

Either way; let's hope he fulfills his potential asap.  😎
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #216: Mar 07, 2017 04:54:44 pm
      Marko is fit again looked impressive for the U23s yesterday.
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #217: Mar 14, 2017 09:41:44 am
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #218: Mar 14, 2017 02:29:22 pm

Watched the first half, and he is exactly the type of player we need in midfield. This type of distribution and composure is what we have lack throughout the season.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #219: Mar 14, 2017 04:12:02 pm
      Watched the first half, and he is exactly the type of player we need in midfield. This type of distribution and composure is what we have lack throughout the season.

Don't think composure is what we need in midfield....have you seen how composed Gini is? He could perform open heart surgery with one hand on an ant while on crack cotaine and still have the confidence to knit a sweater with his other hand.

We do though need a midfielder with some strength and a proper goal threat from outside the box...the type of CM Can should be!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #220: Mar 14, 2017 05:03:39 pm
      Don't think composure is what we need in midfield....have you seen how composed Gini is? He could perform open heart surgery with one hand on an ant while on crack cotaine and still have the confidence to knit a sweater with his other hand.

We do though need a midfielder with some strength and a proper goal threat from outside the box...the type of CM Can should be!

Yeah, perhaps you are right. Composure from Wijnaldum is not the problem, nor is it the problem for Lallana. The main problem is the ball distribution, a player that can really set the tempo.

Every time I have seen Grujic play, he just knows what to do with it, he doesn't dwell on the ball or take that extra touch when not necessary like Wijnaldum or Lallana. He doesn't play 99% safe passes like Hendo, and nor does he panic when pressed like Can.

What I love about Grujic is how how quick he shifts the ball in the middle, but also always demanding it too. Very similar to Lucas but a more mobile version and less defensive. I have a sneaky feeling he can be a beastly CM player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #221: Mar 14, 2017 05:05:15 pm

Don't know anything  about that crack cotaine, but if it will help me knit a sweater one handed, count me in!
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #222: Mar 15, 2017 10:55:39 am
      Yeah, perhaps you are right. Composure from Wijnaldum is not the problem, nor is it the problem for Lallana. The main problem is the ball distribution, a player that can really set the tempo.

Every time I have seen Grujic play, he just knows what to do with it, he doesn't dwell on the ball or take that extra touch when not necessary like Wijnaldum or Lallana. He doesn't play 99% safe passes like Hendo, and nor does he panic when pressed like Can.

What I love about Grujic is how how quick he shifts the ball in the middle, but also always demanding it too. Very similar to Lucas but a more mobile version and less defensive. I have a sneaky feeling he can be a beastly CM player.

Glad to see you're as excited as I am! Can finally have a bench addition that has the abilities to change a game
      RedStar
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | 30 
      Reply #223: May 09, 2017 11:51:12 am
      The real Grujic, when playing with self-confidence on 0:52 against Everton kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ll2nVO974

He was like this when playing for the Red Star, not once per game, but every F***ing contact with the ball. Something happened with him this season, maybe Klopp was too critical and he lost confidence. Yes, the competition is harder, but it is not just this. It can be seen on his face when he is playing for Liverpool first team. He is scared. The real Grujic is not a tall guy which can be used when we play high balls, although he can be that as well. The real Grujic is an artist, confident with the ball, creative passing, never loses the ball under the pressure.  He makes his teammates look much better than they really are.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #224: May 09, 2017 01:33:45 pm
      Thought he was going to be big for us this season but injuries ruined that. I think he'll be massive for us next season. You can see the kid has class.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #225: Jun 20, 2017 04:14:18 pm
      Marko Grujić starts for Serbia u21s vs. Macedonia.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #226: Jun 20, 2017 04:29:42 pm
      Thought he was going to be big for us this season but injuries ruined that. I think he'll be massive for us next season. You can see the kid has class.

Totally agree, I think this lad has a very bright future.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #227: Jun 29, 2017 12:18:11 am
      E moj Grujicu dobri. I hope you didnt watched him at EURO U21 last week.
      Not looking like a Liverpool player and great talent. Whole Serbia squad played like crap,but i looked at Grujic and he was horrible.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #228: Jun 29, 2017 12:29:03 am
      E moj Grujicu dobri. I hope you didnt watched him at EURO U21 last week.
      Not looking like a Liverpool player and great talent. Whole Serbia squad played like crap,but i looked at Grujic and he was horrible.

F***ing hell. You don't come on here for ages and you all of a sudden let rip a diarrhoea of negativity. f***in state of you...
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #229: Jun 29, 2017 12:42:14 am
      F***ing hell. You don't come on here for ages and you all of a sudden let rip a diarrhoea of negativity. f***in state of you...

Not negativity my friend, reality.

Quick Reply