Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Marko Grujić Player Thread (LFC -> Porto)

Read 84620 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Marko Grujic Player Thread
      Reply #230: Jun 29, 2017 04:10:32 pm
      Not negativity my friend, reality.

May as well f***in sell him then, apart from this week have you actually seen him perform ?

FF's fella, give the bloke a chance, we as in more well established members of this forum have seen this lads potential some even at first hand, and the reports are that he's a f***in good player,

a wee bit of advice mate, take it it's free, ... Whilst on a LFC forum, don't take the piss out of LFC players, and don't put the fella down and be all f***in neg head about him, its not the way to make friends and influence people, especially on these boards, Trust me !

YNWA
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #231: Jun 29, 2017 04:16:55 pm

May as well f***in sell him then, apart from this week have you actually seen him perform ?

FF's fella, give the bloke a chance, we as in more well established members of this forum have seen this lads potential some even at first hand, and the reports are that he's a f***in good player,

a wee bit of advice mate, take it it's free, ... Whilst on a LFC forum, don't take the piss out of LFC players, and don't put the fella down and be all f***in neg head about him, its not the way to make friends and influence people, especially on these boards, Trust me !

YNWA
      You seen him play first hand,for real?
      I live in Belgrade, i watched him for years from the stands as he played for Red Star, i am just saying that he is not the player taht he used to be.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #232: Jun 29, 2017 04:37:33 pm
      He played we'll when came on against Barca, and scored a cracking header. Has a physical presence and aerial ability we lack in the middle of the park.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #233: Jun 29, 2017 04:42:40 pm
      He played we'll when came on against Barca, and scored a cracking header. Has a physical presence and aerial ability we lack in the middle of the park.

I hope i will see him play a bit more this season, deserves a real chance.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #234: Jun 29, 2017 04:53:40 pm
      E moj Grujicu dobri. I hope you didnt watched him at EURO U21 last week.
      Not looking like a Liverpool player and great talent. Whole Serbia squad played like crap,but i looked at Grujic and he was horrible.

You really are a rotten Pear.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #235: Jun 29, 2017 05:11:52 pm
      Nicely said.
      But i am not gonna change my mind until i see him play like he knows.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #236: Jul 06, 2017 07:39:36 pm
      He missed A LOT of training and matches last season. Hopefully he can stay healthy and really build his fitness, confidence and cultivate the bright glimmers he's shown us in limited appearances.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #237: Jul 22, 2017 05:50:24 pm
      Not trying to get ahead of myself, but this lad has something very Gerrard-esque about him. Hope he'll get a good amount of game time next season, perhaps in cup competitions.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #238: Jul 22, 2017 09:26:44 pm
      Not trying to get ahead of myself, but this lad has something very Gerrard-esque about him. Hope he'll get a good amount of game time next season, perhaps in cup competitions.

I can't see it so far mate
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #239: Jul 23, 2017 12:36:51 pm
      Take off the blindfold then. He's going to be a good player for us if he stays healthy.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #240: Jul 23, 2017 12:38:56 pm
      Take off the blindfold then. He's going to be a good player for us if he stays healthy.

Looks a very good prospect IMO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #241: Jul 23, 2017 08:15:47 pm
      Not negativity my friend, reality.

Nicely said.
      But i am not gonna change my mind until i see him play like he knows.

Or just you talking sh*te lad!!

I'd say give him a bit of time to settle into playing with the rest of our squad, seeing as he spent two thirds of last season on the treatment table.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #242: Sep 06, 2017 06:49:42 pm
      I think Marko may need a loan spell at a club where he can be the "main man" in order to really develop further.  For me, he has all the raw ingredients -- size, athleticism, power, technique, crisp passing, a powerful shot, and an eye for goal.  The problem is that he isn't quite consistent enough to get ahead of our current crop, but he needs games to continue his development.  I think he'd be a regular starter at a club like West Ham and he'd probably get a solid 10+ goals if he played regularly.  A season like that and he'd be ready to compete for a regular place again next year. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #243: Sep 06, 2017 06:52:01 pm
      I think Marko may need a loan spell at a club where he can be the "main man" in order to really develop further.  For me, he has all the raw ingredients -- size, athleticism, power, technique, crisp passing, a powerful shot, and an eye for goal.  The problem is that he isn't quite consistent enough to get ahead of our current crop, but he needs games to continue his development.  I think he'd be a regular starter at a club like West Ham and he'd probably get a solid 10+ goals if he played regularly.  A season like that and he'd be ready to compete for a regular place again next year. 

A bit surprised myself we have not loaned out any of our better prospects to Huddersfield seeing as they bought 11 players, he's Klopp's buddy and they are of no real threat to us.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #244: Sep 06, 2017 06:52:36 pm
      Or just you talking sh*te lad!!

I'd say give him a bit of time to settle into playing with the rest of our squad, seeing as he spent two thirds of last season on the treatment table.

Which also hampered his development.
      He's still only 21, plenty of time for the lad.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #245: Sep 07, 2017 07:54:14 am

Loans don't work
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #246: Sep 07, 2017 08:20:38 am
      Jürgen Klopp has addressed Marko Grujic’s knack for producing late challenges, insisting the Liverpool midfielder needed to avoid being “lazy.”

The Serbian spent the majority of last season sidelined with a troubling hamstring injury, but returned to Klopp’s first-team squad for the closing stages.

Grujic was criticised for a strong tackle that left Crystal Palace centre-back James Tomkins injured in May, and then picked up a suspension for two yellow cards at the summer’s European U21 Championship.

Lining up for the Reds this pre-season, the 21-year-old provoked ire from Palace manager Frank de Boer for a lunge at Wilfried Zaha, with the Dutchman saying it was “not appropriate.”

Addressing that challenge and Grujic’s questionable approach off the ball, Klopp agreed that this was a flaw in his game.

“I didn’t see it properly at the time but I heard it could have been a red card,” he told the Liverpool Echo.

“That’s not good. For Marko, it’s something that he has to change.

“He’s a fantastic player, a really skilled boy. Tall, quick, talented footballing wise, all good.

“But in these defensive situations, you always need to be early enough there so you are close enough to make a challenge and not a foul.”

This is something Klopp is not only looking for Grujic to improve, using 18-year-old right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold as another example from training.

While on the Reds’ tour of Hong Kong, Klopp said the youngster “defends like a kid and attacks like man,” and continued to relay this to the Echo.

“I said it to the players after a session when we had a little situation with Divock [Origi] and Trent,” he added.

“It’s about coming too late, switching off the machine, trying to sort a situation in which you were late in mind. I hate that.

“When that happens you need to run, not foul. Make more steps, go, go, go. For me it’s always a bit lazy.”

Grujic has found himself in the margins since making the £5.1 million move from Red Star Belgrade in 2016, but can hope for a strong campaign in 2017/18.

The midfielder has clearly settled in well with the group, and particularly fellow Balkan duo Dejan Lovren and Lazar Markovic, after a year spent adjusting on Merseyside.

But while he has proved his potential as a top-class midfielder, Grujic is clearly still a work in progress.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/07/Jürgen-klopp-urges-marko-grujic-curb-lazy-defensive-approach/

This is what Klopp had to say about Grujic.  And, it applies to TAA as well. I guess until he sorts this part of his game he may not be a regular starter or gain Klopp's confidence.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #247: Sep 07, 2017 03:37:33 pm

Harry Kane disagrees....

While most loans don't end with a player going back to break through at the parent club, I would suggest they are infinitely more successful than the alternative of the player staying put and not playing at all aside from reserve team matches.....
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #248: Sep 07, 2017 05:19:39 pm
      Harry Kane disagrees....

While most loans don't end with a player going back to break through at the parent club, I would suggest they are infinitely more successful than the alternative of the player staying put and not playing at all aside from reserve team matches.....

Yea those 3 games at Norwich or 10 at Leicester really made him :p

I value training with our first team and making 10 appearences off the bench way over a full season with 30 games at another club.

The longer he trains with Klopp the better he'll be under his management
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #249: Sep 07, 2017 09:05:20 pm
      How about Lukaku at West Brom, or Studge at Bolton?  Players need games to really improve, and with as many as 6 players currently ahead of him (Coutinho, Lallana, Hendo, Can, Gini, and Ox) he may not even get many games in the domestic cups.  Could even throw Milner into the mix of players ahead of Marko at the moment.  He looks a real talent.  I just hope it doesn't go to waste....
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #250: Sep 20, 2017 03:08:37 pm
      Had a chance to show something last night, but didn't.
      Many more performances like that it'll be door that's shown.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #251: Sep 21, 2017 11:07:00 am
      Klopp is right about this lad. He is very ill disciplined and lazy off the ball. A total liability at the moment and if he can't figure it out for himself then he won't make it here or in any half decent team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #252: Oct 24, 2017 12:47:48 pm
      Give the lad a chance already Jürgen.

Quick Reply