Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Marko Grujić Player Thread (LFC -> Porto)

Read 85110 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Marko Grujić Player Thread
      Reply #368: Oct 02, 2020 12:29:37 pm
      Has really been the standout player of those allegedly earmarked for sale.

Ideally, he'd play further up, but did a decent job as DM.
      He's not going to oust any of our current midfield, but with others perhaps leaving or retiring, he could be a handy option for the future.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,217 posts | 6350 
      Reply #369: Oct 02, 2020 01:12:49 pm
      He’s a keep for me. Especially considering our midfield can struggle with injuries.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #370: Oct 02, 2020 01:57:22 pm
      Despite good showing he is better off somewhere else for his career sake. The guy is buried now in the depth chart and even if Gini and/or Milner leave (not guaranteed) he still be hard to to feature among the bench on regualr basis.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #371: Oct 02, 2020 02:09:22 pm
      I think he could reasonably stay. Next year i imagine Milner and Gini will move on so it would open up a spot for him to be a squad player. That may not be what he desires, though.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #372: Oct 02, 2020 03:27:19 pm
      Would be happy for him to stay if Gini moves, and if we need to shoe horn Fab as an emergency CB, hes done OK
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #373: Oct 02, 2020 04:55:16 pm
      I would rather we keep him as, despite having number there, the way we play and the compressed fixture list this season, more at this position is better. Hendo, Milner, Ox have all been or are hurt this season. Keita has a history of injury and so do Thiago. Fab had a fairly long spell out last year.

I'd say keep him here at least until January.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,419 posts | 1460 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #374: Oct 06, 2020 10:41:33 pm
      Just read he’s at Porto for a year long loan once back from internationals... thought he could have done a decent job here, good loan club for him though.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,086 posts | 2752 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #375: Oct 07, 2020 09:12:16 am
      How many loans can a player do before he loses heart of ever getting a chance with his parent club?

Pointless him coming back here. Terminate the contract by mutual agreement
      Kopite78
      Reply #376: Oct 07, 2020 09:29:14 am

Financially that makes no sense though
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #377: Oct 07, 2020 10:27:39 am
      How many loans can a player do before he loses heart of ever getting a chance with his parent club?

Maybe Klopp intends to play Marko more next season if Gini leaves.

No point in him hanging around the club this season if he won't be played.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,498 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #378: Oct 07, 2020 11:15:26 am
      There were too many players to register, he needed a loan. he played well in EFL cup too. he's a cracking player, just were overloaded with MF players now.

Good luck to him.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #379: Oct 07, 2020 11:17:13 am
      Feel a bit sorry for him as he's quite clearly a good footballer but has been living out of a suitcase for the last few years through no real fault of his own. He's 24 years old now and at this stage in his career should be at a point where he's nailing down a position for a half decent European side. Think he probably would have left on a permanent deal during this window if not for Covid tightening the purse strings of a lot of clubs. Hertha's owner described him as the best midfielder they've had in 20 years so I thought that they would have been pulling out all of the stops to sign him after his loan spell ended

Best of luck to him at Porto anyway, I'm sure he'll impress once again

liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #380: Dec 10, 2020 06:05:15 am
      I doubt if he ever turns out as a first-team choice for us in the future.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,217 posts | 6350 
      Reply #381: Dec 10, 2020 05:32:25 pm
      With all of our injuries might have been a good one to have around. 

I like that he’s a bit of a pr**k to the other team when he’s on the pitch. We could certainly let use someone like that from time to time.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #382: Dec 10, 2020 06:35:20 pm
      did he play in the CL yesterday? wonder how he's doing.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,193 posts | 1205 
      Reply #383: Apr 22, 2021 10:28:09 pm
      This guy can barely get in the Porto team and we’re led to believe there are (or were?) clubs in Europe willing to part with £20m+ for him? You should be tearing it up at a club like that if you’ve any hope of making it at LFC.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,217 posts | 6350 
      Reply #384: Apr 22, 2021 11:13:59 pm
      This guy can barely get in the Porto team and we’re led to believe there are (or were?) clubs in Europe willing to part with £20m+ for him? You should be tearing it up at a club like that if you’ve any hope of making it at LFC.

Really? I was under the impression he’s done pretty good there and the fans rated him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #385: Jul 10, 2021 03:40:47 pm
      Really? I was under the impression he’s done pretty good there and the fans rated him.

I wonder if Jürgen might include him in the squad this year rather than buying a new midfielder, given the financial implicaiions of CoVid.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #386: Jul 10, 2021 03:57:32 pm
      I wonder if Jürgen might include him in the squad this year rather than buying a new midfielder, given the financial implicaiions of CoVid.

Honestly, this is the route i would go. We already have Fabinho, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Hendo, Ox and Jones for only 3 midfield positions so we don't need any purchases unless more players are going to leave and right now does not seem that way. Marko is big and seems to have done well enough at Porto where if we want someone to play cup games or be a late-game sub, he can play that role just fine.
      rossyred

• 9,234 posts | 1651 
      Reply #387: Jul 10, 2021 04:41:33 pm
      Honestly, this is the route i would go. We already have Fabinho, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Hendo, Ox and Jones for only 3 midfield positions so we don't need any purchases unless more players are going to leave and right now does not seem that way. Marko is big and seems to have done well enough at Porto where if we want someone to play cup games or be a late-game sub, he can play that role just fine.

He will be gone this window
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #388: Jul 10, 2021 04:46:05 pm

While it does make sense in theory, I'm not entirely convinced it will work.
      Hendo, Keita and the Ox are often unavailable. Thiago has a history of injuries as well. Milner is not getting any younger and will probably start to get a few niggles here and there (already happened a few times recently).
      Just look at how many games Gini had to play last season. We simply couldn't rest him because there was no one else to replace him.

Grujic might also not be satisfied with being the '8th man'. He's played regular football over the last 3 year, so he might want to be at a club where he'll be guaranteed to play.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,276 posts | 799 
      Reply #389: Jul 10, 2021 05:18:01 pm
      If the rumours are true about Saul and/or Tielemans then I don't see how he has any future with us.
      rossyred

• 9,234 posts | 1651 
      Reply #390: Jul 10, 2021 07:44:37 pm
      Not really arsed about a midfielder forward Has to be a priority

Quick Reply