Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Adam Bogdan
      4 (3.4%)
      Connor Randall
      2 (1.7%)
      Jose Enrique
      2 (1.7%)
      Tiago Ilori
      2 (1.7%)
      Brad Smith
      69 (58.5%)
      Cameron Brannagan
      9 (7.6%)
      Kevin Stewart
      1 (0.8%)
      Ryan Kent
      6 (5.1%)
      Joao Teixeira
      15 (12.7%)
      Jerome Sinclair
      3 (2.5%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      0 (0%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      5 (4.2%)
      Joe Maguire
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Jan 13, 2016 10:00:27 pm

Exeter 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate

Read 36642 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Exeter 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #644: Jan 10, 2016 08:54:35 pm
      Warrington away we were poor that night. One player was playing for a transfer - Grimes and achieved it. The rest were seriously below par. The Warrington supporters were really up for it as well. We will have a stronger team out next time as well, we have injuries as well.

Warrington had 30% pocession and we had 22 shots!

Well Grimes did the same again with his new club against Oxford today haha. Was a good night that one. Looking forward to the replay anyway. Anybody have any rough idea when the replays are set to be played?

Thames Valley Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | 19 
      Reply #645: Jan 10, 2016 09:37:56 pm
      Well Grimes did the same again with his new club against Oxford today haha. Was a good night that one. Looking forward to the replay anyway. Anybody have any rough idea when the replays are set to be played?

The master plan is working well, I thought we got a great deal and I suspect he may find it hard to establish himself in the Swansea team, he is good enough for the Championship the Premiership we will see. The game is 20th Jan at 8pm set fair for TV. Should be a very solid support from the West coming up for the game. I suspect around 4000-5000 fans if allowed.

Looking forward to league ground 79 for me watching Exeter, should be better than Leigh RMI, Histon, Kings Lynn and Stamford. Makes the total over 125 and it has taken me since 1979 to get to Anfield - will never forgive my father for not taking me as a kid. If arriving around 17:00 by car where is the best place to park up and get some food?

COYR

TVR
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #646: Jan 11, 2016 10:17:45 am
      Going back to Fridays game I just want to congratulate the lads. The conditions were awful and the pitch was absolutely dire. Our young lads rolled their sleeves up and dug in. Credit to Exeter too who were well up for it. I think the result was a fair one and it will be good to see a side like Exeter visit Anfield.

Bogdan - What on earth is wrong with our goalies? Bogdan started his LFC career very confident with consistent and solid displays but now he just looks a mess. That second goal he conceded was just a complete shambles. You know you must be quite sh*t when the majority would prefer Mignolet over you.

Randall - I know hes a young lad but Im writing him off already. I've seen enough of him now, not just from Friday but in the other couple of games he has featured too, that he will never be good enough to be a first team regular. He isn't great on the ball but more alarmingly he was beaten quite easily down that flank a few times on Friday.  Earlier this season when we played Bournemouth at home in the league cup, I was sat in the lower cenny and Randall was on our side in the first half and he was often beaten then too with no difficulty at all. I don't think he will ever be good enough.

Ilori - Not sure why he is rated so highly amongst our fan base. Never thought he was anything special and thought he was fairly crap on Friday.

Enrique - Looked like a lad who has been missing for two years and was playing out of position. Oh wait.

Smith - Very confident full back. Like the look of him. Good on the ball & his delivery can be superb at times. Tough in a tackle. His goal was sheer quality too. Decent enough performance.

Kent - Surprised to see him go off because I felt he was our biggest threat. Looked very good on the ball with a few tricks up his sleeve.

Brannagan - Had one or two classy moments. Went about his job well. There was a moment during the game where I felt he was beginning to boss the midfield but then he faded a bit not long after that. A good shift/effort from the lad though.

Stewart - Didn't notice him.

Tex - Didn't involved himself as much as he should have. He did a couple of turns/passes where it was evident you could see that there is a player in him but he didn't get a grip of the game as much as he perhaps should have.

Sinclair - Not involved apart from his goal which was a very classy sturridge type finish.

Benteke - I honestly don't remember him touching the ball. Shocking performance from our captain.

Edit: Very impressed with young Ojo when he came on too. Thought he did more than enough to earn a place on the bench for Wednesdays game. Very quick player whos full of tricks.

Thames Valley Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | 19 
      Reply #647: Jan 14, 2016 09:10:05 pm
      Just to let you know Exeter fans have bought all tickets provided so far, over 4000 sold I believe
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #648: Jan 16, 2016 09:02:52 am
      Quote from fields of anny road
      Anybody have any rough idea when the replays are set to be played?

There was only one available date for the replay, given our schedule that week. It had to be 20 January, and 20 January it is. The only question was, tv coverage. BT have decided to take it.

It's still odd to me, that all our away games this season in all competitions have been live on UK tv, which continues until at least Palace away. Yet, only 2 home league  games until Arsenal were live. It can only mean one thing, 4 straight home games all live on tv.
      Thames Valley Red
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | 19 
      Reply #649: Jan 16, 2016 09:23:16 pm
      5500 sellout for the away fans massive traffic jam on the M6 awaits

Quick Reply