Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Mario Götze (Bayern Munich)

Read 74578 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Re: Mario Gotze
      Reply #23: Jan 09, 2016 10:51:54 pm
      and why don't you tell us how he has taken the premier league by storm with his goals

And can you guarantee Gotze will?

When we signed Firmino this place was buzzing because we'd finally signed a top class player.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #24: Jan 09, 2016 10:59:27 pm
      Would be a fantastic signing IMO. Jürgen knows him well, the kid has bundles of ability and scores goals -- just what we lack from midfield.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Jan 09, 2016 11:44:53 pm
      and why don't you tell us how he has taken the premier league by storm with his goals

Some players take time to settle.
      Look at Ozil compared to last season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #26: Jan 09, 2016 11:51:45 pm
      Okay so how about instead of making a snide comment about it, please explain why it's a "funny post"?

Would like constructive criticism of my opinion rather than a simple, perfidious post.

Do I really need to when you are scoffing at a World Cup winner who regularly scores more goals than any of our midfielders and under Klopp had his most productive year.

welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #27: Jan 10, 2016 12:00:03 am

When we signed Firmino this place was buzzing because we'd finally signed a top class player.

This was more optimistic and unrealistic hope than anything. Firmino never was a top class player. He's a very good player on his day and in form, and good for a European level club, but not top class by any stretch. Those who said he was top class were simply playing up the fact we'd signed a Brazilian and were excited about him linking up with Coutinho. Gotze is a completely different kettle of fish. He is class, has proven it, has performed at international level also and our manager who is respected has faith in him.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2016 12:07:07 am
      Do I really need to when you are scoffing at a World Cup winner who regularly scores more goals than any of our midfielders and under Klopp had his most productive year.

Um. Yes?

Convince me. Humour me. Don't be difficult for the sake of being difficult.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2016 09:49:09 am

when will Couthino settle because despite his rave reviews he could also do far more and that's even more so with lallana
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Jan 10, 2016 10:42:51 am
      I think he's excited and wants to cum

:lmao:
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2016 11:22:59 am by AussieRed »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2016 10:51:20 am
      I'd love for us to sign him. Could you ever imagine him turning round and saying this when Brendan was in charge... "You should ask Brendan if he wants me at Liverpool. If he wants me, he should approach me." I certainly can't.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,633 posts | 128 
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2016 11:09:13 am
      As a German I can tell you: Injury prone and never really made a big impact at Bayern. Only reason why Bayern  didn't sell him already is due to the fact that he is German and scored the winning goal in the World Cup. It's kinda similar to Lukas Podolski a few years back.

Götze was good at Dortmund and shouldn't have went to Bayern. Dortmund fans loved him until he went to Bayern. He signed a contract in the summer and said Dortmund is his love and future and after Pep was appointed Manager at Bayern he forced a move in January. He wanted to play for the best manger and chose him over Klopp.

So he is a F***ing Judas! And a little pr**k :D
      Don't really rate him that high as a person and as a football player there are better players out there.

However he is better than most of our players :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Jan 10, 2016 11:52:03 am
      As a German I can tell you: Injury prone and never really made a big impact at Bayern. Only reason why Bayern  didn't sell him already is due to the fact that he is German and scored the winning goal in the World Cup. It's kinda similar to Lukas Podolski a few years back.

Götze was good at Dortmund and shouldn't have went to Bayern. Dortmund fans loved him until he went to Bayern. He signed a contract in the summer and said Dortmund is his love and future and after Pep was appointed Manager at Bayern he forced a move in January. He wanted to play for the best manger and chose him over Klopp.

So he is a F***ing Judas! And a little pr**k :D
      Don't really rate him that high as a person and as a football player there are better players out there.

He got 10 league goals and 9 assists in his first Bayern season (15 & 13 overall), 9 goals and 4 assists in his second season (15 & 7 overall) and then he's been injured for most of this season. They're not bad stats for a team that has Robben, Ribery, Muller, Lewandowski etc. all having to share the goals and assists around.

Maybe he just suits Klopp's style more than Guardiola's style? We don't have to like him as a person though as long as he does the business on the pitch.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,633 posts | 128 
      Reply #34: Jan 10, 2016 12:05:29 pm
      He got 10 league goals and 9 assists in his first Bayern season (15 & 13 overall), 9 goals and 4 assists in his second season (15 & 7 overall) and then he's been injured for most of this season. They're not bad stats for a team that has Robben, Ribery, Muller, Lewandowski etc. all having to share the goals and assists around.

Maybe he just suits Klopp's style more than Guardiola's style? We don't have to like him as a person though as long as he does the business on the pitch.

Well I think the stats are not showing the real situation here. He wasn't a regular starter since he joined Bayeen and coming on as a sub scoring the 4th when Bayern are already 3:0 up? Well I don't know but the German league is just a joke for Bayern. They just slaughter almost every team in the league with little effort. It's super boring.

And maybe true, maybe Klopp is the manager to bring out the most of him but his personality is comparable to Stirling's one....  I don't know ... But you can't argue that he still would be an improvement to our current squad and that tells enough!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #35: Jan 10, 2016 12:33:41 pm
      Well I think the stats are not showing the real situation here. He wasn't a regular starter since he joined Bayeen and coming on as a sub scoring the 4th when Bayern are already 3:0 up? Well I don't know but the German league is just a joke for Bayern. They just slaughter almost every team in the league with little effort. It's super boring.

And maybe true, maybe Klopp is the manager to bring out the most of him but his personality is comparable to Stirling's one....  I don't know ... But you can't argue that he still would be an improvement to our current squad and that tells enough!

Stats never show the full story, they did support the point I was making though in that he does have end product and that's something that our attacking mids don't currently have a lot of. Does it really matter when a goal is scored though? That's like saying Skrtel's goal against Man City is worth less than Coutinho's in the same game because we were 3-1 up by that point. I agree with everything else you said though.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,197 posts | 1205 
      Reply #36: Jan 10, 2016 12:50:06 pm

So he is a f**king Judas! And a little pr**k :D

This sounds a bit like "He's a f*cking w**ker but to hell with it, we're sh*te, sign him up."
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,633 posts | 128 
      Reply #37: Jan 10, 2016 01:05:05 pm
      Stats never show the full story, they did support the point I was making though in that he does have end product and that's something that our attacking mids don't currently have a lot of. Does it really matter when a goal is scored though? That's like saying Skrtel's goal against Man City is worth less than Coutinho's in the same game because we were 3-1 up by that point. I agree with everything else you said though.

Got your point there yeah ;) fair enough, you can't argue about him not having an end product and that this is what we lack at the moment. Therefore he would be a good addition to the squad. I think my initial point is more about the fact that he didn't become the player at Bayern everyone think he is. But to be fair Bayern burned through a lot of young German players in the past...

kldgöksdn
      This sounds a bit like "He's a f*cking w**ker but to hell with it, we're sh*te, sign him up."

I suppose you can put it that way yeah :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2016 03:25:03 pm
      Sounding like there's a real chance for this in the summer, another player I'd put in the Fabregas bracket, not quite top draw but for our team of course you'd take him.

Only thing I'd question is if it's the top priority in terms of position but we need quality and experience all over the park so even at £37m (considering the TV deal that will seem cheap in time) I'd be happy enough. I'm sure one of Coutinho or Lallana would probably move on, my guess is that it'd be Lallana but we'll have to see.
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #39: Jan 11, 2016 06:57:55 pm
      That woman is beautiful. Not a butterface in the slightest.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #40: Jan 12, 2016 09:39:25 am

So he is a f**king Judas! And a little pr**k :D

Loved that however at the end mate
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #41: Jan 14, 2016 01:59:11 pm
      Matthias Sammer the Bayern Munich sporting director refused to confirm that Mario Gotze will be staying with the German champions.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/634285/Bayern-Munich-Mario-Gotze-Liverpool-transfers-gossip-news
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #42: Jan 14, 2016 02:10:55 pm

Firmino showed exactly what he is capable of yesterday.

RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2016 01:39:02 am
      Firmino showed exactly what he is capable of yesterday.

Absolutely!!

So many people had already written him off. Get a grip. It can take time to adjust to the cut and thrust of the Premier League.

His is a silky, technically gifted attacking player that can produce something out of nothing.

His second goal was a Georgia peach. If some of his strikes in earlier games had not not just narrowly missed or hit the woodwork, we would be waxing more lyrically about him.

Give him time, surround him with better players. I hope he tears the Scum to shreds in a few days.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #44: Apr 01, 2016 11:04:40 am
      Klopp hails 'extraordinary' Gotze but no deal yet
      Jürgen Klopp has hailed the ''extraordinary ability'' of Mario Gotze but refused to be drawn on LFC's pursuit of the Bayern Munich attacker.

LFC are keen on signing the unsettled German international who scored in Germany's 4-1 friendly win with Italy on Tuesday. Gotze is out of favour with Pep Guardiola and is understood to be open to the idea of a move to Anfield when his contract ends this summer.

read more:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-boss-klopp-hails-11114745
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Re: Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #45: Apr 02, 2016 09:08:12 am
      Gotze seems to be a realistic target. His contract will soon expire if I'm not wrong and he loves Klopp, there's no reason we cannot get him if Gotze wants to leave Bayern. The fee just has to be right.

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2016 10:07:08 am by alex1995 »

Quick Reply