Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Mario Götze (Bayern Munich)

Read 74613 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Mario Götze (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #552: Jun 29, 2016 11:02:09 am
      Honestly BBB...I don't consider Mane @30 or Gotze at @20 as huge players signing..I really don't
      No bother AZed...  still, at £34m, Mane is 'bigger' (more expensive) than anyone he signed at BvB and (when we were only being linked with low cost players) you along with others did infer that Jürgen wouldn't break with 15 years of 'tradition' and that we should all know this. 

Personally speaking I truly believe that, the only reason Jürgen didn't spend bigger in Germany was that he didn't have the money. In fact, when he did have the surplus, he spent it [Mickthearmenian and Immobile for example]. Although, if you still want to, you can argue the toss on who you think warrants the tag 'big player' or how relative (exactly) the fees are.

You'll realise tho', that if you do go down the route of relatively [i.e. Premier v Bundesliga spending power] then all the cheap BvB transfers suddenly become a tad more expensive. Given the relative amounts of money and cost of players in each league, your example of Reus probably works out as a similar deal to the £35m we got for Sterling.  ;)

Listen; it's all good - although I'd prefer Reus to a kid who might be the "new Reus", five years from now: I honestly don't give a F**k what money Jürgen (or any manager) spends on which players... as long as he's getting exactly who he wants - never have, never will and I'm bemused when others do.

For me; It's that simple.  :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2016 01:14:21 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #553: Jul 09, 2016 10:37:15 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #554: Jul 09, 2016 11:25:42 am

If this is true and he signs for them then what kind of a c*&t is Gotze?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #555: Jul 09, 2016 11:41:44 am
      If this is true and he signs for them then what kind of a c*&t is Gotze?

Someone that wants to play in the champs league?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #556: Jul 09, 2016 01:22:29 pm
      Waiting for somebody to moan about it being Spurs nicking our targets like Gotze is some unknown, 18 year old Bosnian that our scouts have unearthed.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #557: Jul 09, 2016 04:04:09 pm
      F**k him, what I saw of Mane last night I'm more than happy we got him instead.

Said for a long time that I don't think Gotze is as good as a lot of people make out, granted that includes Jürgen, I'm content with this one.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #558: Jul 09, 2016 04:36:48 pm
      Gotze is a good player who would improve us, if he decides to go to Spurs...then F**k him. If he decides to come to us instead I will be slightly surprised but delighted. 

I really don't see Mane as an alternative to Gotze. I see Gotze as someone who could link midfield with attack while Mane I see more as a wide player that gets goals.

Yes it is slightly worrying that Gotze didn't jump at the chance to come, but then again neither did John Barnes and he didn't turn out too bad.   
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #559: Jul 09, 2016 07:21:33 pm
      F**k him, what I saw of Mane last night I'm more than happy we got him instead.

Said for a long time that I don't think Gotze is as good as a lot of people make out, granted that includes Jürgen, I'm content with this one.

You mean Mane who performed well against a Conference side? Let's see how he performs at the highest levels before saying he was a good buy. If Gotze ends up at Spurs or Arsenal then on paper, all our would-be competitors will have strengthened significantly more than we have this Summer and they were already significantly stronger to begin with, and until we see their respective performances against the top teams, suggesting he was the better buy, never mind a good buy, is premature. I still remain to be convinced.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #560: Jul 10, 2016 09:11:13 am
      Still got a feeling this may happen - will be very interested to see if he the views on here if he does join...
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #561: Jul 10, 2016 09:31:15 am
      I'm shocked at how many people don't seem to rate him for one reason or another. No doubt there's some saying it after he turned us down, probably say the same about Messi if he did the same :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #562: Jul 10, 2016 10:29:49 am
      You mean Mane who performed well against a Conference side? Let's see how he performs at the highest levels before saying he was a good buy. If Gotze ends up at Spurs or Arsenal then on paper, all our would-be competitors will have strengthened significantly more than we have this Summer and they were already significantly stronger to begin with, and until we see their respective performances against the top teams, suggesting he was the better buy, never mind a good buy, is premature. I still remain to be convinced.

Yes, the Mane who I've heard great things about, read really impressive things about, including outstanding statistics, impressing me massively on his debut. The standard of the opposition was largely irrelevant because you could judge his contribution against our own players whom we know an awful lot about.

He stood out massively for our team, he brought to our team something we'd clearly been missing for the whole of last year and that's not only the insightful passing and team-play which could have given him four assists on the day but a winger with pace and the ability to go either way. The only blot on his copy book was that he should have scored, but he damn nearly did on more than a couple of occasions and all this in just 1 half of football. It confirmed to me that the talent is there and the talent is plentiful, now my only reservation is regarding his consistency which to be fair has been aimed squarely at him. I don't buy into it and when judged against my previous knowledge of Gotze and his performances in the Euros I'm extremely content that we've got Mane.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #563: Jul 10, 2016 11:16:13 am
      So what's Gotze done in the Euros then?

Sick of hearing about these over hyped PlayStation FIFA stars who people bang on about like their the best thing since sliced bread.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4986 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #564: Jul 10, 2016 01:02:26 pm

I'm interested 5X on who would you bring in to usurp our rivals who in your opinion have strengthened already stronger  squads, you say, until we see 'respective performances' against top teams you suggest Mane may not after all be a good/better  buy ?

Say for instance we bought that Shaka fella who Wenger bought, it's arguable that Klopp would have him playing better for us than what Wenger may get out of him at the Emirates, perhaps in a Klopp system he'd get more out of him, so until we see how he performs for Arsenal or anyone else for that matter,

Klopp seen something in Mane to convince him he will get the best out of him in a Klopp system, better than what Koeman could get out of him in a Koeman system, add other players who will also fit the Klopp system then you will probably find that Mane of Liverpool will be a much better player than a Mane of Southampton ,

In short it's called improving your squad with those best suited to the system you want to use ?

YNWA
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #565: Jul 10, 2016 01:54:39 pm
      I'm not sure how important that is Dado... after all there are a sh*t load of good footballers who done diddly-squat in the Euros.

That bloke Lewandoski for example or Alaba...  Kane even - i'd have them here in a heartbeat. What about thon Sturridge fella?

Nah Dado... you can't really judge him on that mate; especially when you'll hear the board's enlightened sages tell us that you shouldn't buy a player off the back of a good tournament.  Surely it works both ways?

Listen, the truth is; Jürgen obviously rates his protege highly (only a tit would deny that) and nothing can detract from that fact. In my opinion Jürgen would bring  him here (all things being equal) as quick as you can say Caulker.

It may happen; it may not but if it doesn't, it won't be because the lad isn't deem as quality or good enough by the man whose opinion is 'the only one that matters'.  :laugh:

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #566: Jul 10, 2016 02:00:24 pm

Sick of hearing about these over hyped PlayStation FIFA stars who people bang on about like their the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm sick of hearing people judging players based on games for their national team. Are you seriously trying to tell me that he's only hyped because of FIFA? :lmao: Give over lad!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #567: Jul 10, 2016 02:08:29 pm
      Liverpool drop out the Mario Gotze race

The Liverpool Echo have dropped a significant piece of news on Sunday afternoon claiming that Liverpool’s pursuit of Bayern Munich’s attacking midfielder Mario Gotze is over.

That’s not because the player has rejected the Reds, rather that Jürgen Klopp has made the decision he doesn’t want to reunite with the former Borussia Dortmund star.

Will that prove to be a mistake by Klopp
      http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/good-news-spurs-liverpool-drop-mario-gotze-race-echo/
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #568: Jul 10, 2016 02:12:36 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #569: Jul 10, 2016 02:33:15 pm

The Liverpool Echo have dropped a significant piece of news on Sunday afternoon claiming that Liverpool’s pursuit of Bayern Munich’s attacking midfielder Mario Gotze is over.

That’s not because the player has rejected the Reds, rather that Jürgen Klopp has made the decision he doesn’t want to reunite with the former Borussia Dortmund star.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/good-news-spurs-liverpool-drop-mario-gotze-race-echo/

F**k knows why 'Jürgen' has took this long to change his mind or even why but he has (if the report is accurate) so it's time to move on. The decision leaves the path clear for Spurs with no bidding war over fees and wages so...
      Let's hope 'Jürgen' can now move quickly to sign Zielinski who's gonna save the club  'Jürgen' a few quid.  :P

Teasing aside... the sooner Jürgen can get the finalised squad together the better.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #570: Jul 10, 2016 07:38:21 pm
      I'm sick of hearing people judging players based on games for their national team. Are you seriously trying to tell me that he's only hyped because of FIFA? :lmao: Give over lad!

He's actually played much better for Germany than Bayern over the last couple of seasons, he is or was a player with potential to be world class he hasn't got there and I'm judging him on his league form not international he doesn't look hungry for success for club or country a bit like one of our strikers also called Mario.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #571: Jul 10, 2016 07:50:35 pm

I think you rate Gotze higher than I do mate but we all know Jürgen rates him. If, as I think you've said previously, you think the Mane transfer had not bearing on this one then would you say it's quite safe to assume Jürgen has had an about face in terms of Mario?

I couldn't blame him, pretty public pursuit only to sack the agent and allegedly give it the old 'that'd be a step down for me'. Dortmund told him to piss off (fans) and now he might have burned another bridge. The lad might well realise that there's actually a massive step up from any top division side's bench to a consistent starting position.

The interesting thing about this one for me is that I'm not sure if it's:

You don't want us enough, so we don't want you anymore.

or

I've misjudged your attitude and you're actually a self-centred little c**t.

I'd love to know which one it is.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #572: Jul 10, 2016 07:56:36 pm
      I must confess that based on the Euros (I know it's not the best way to judge) I think we've dodged a bullet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #573: Jul 10, 2016 08:01:30 pm
      I must confess that based on the Euros (I know it's not the best way to judge) I think we've dodged a bullet.

Actually agree with you on this, he's been far from impressive and made me wonder what all the fuss was about.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #574: Jul 10, 2016 08:04:39 pm

I think you rate Gotze higher than I do mate but we all know Jürgen rates him. If, as I think you've said previously, you think the Mane transfer had not bearing on this one then would you say it's quite safe to assume Jürgen has had an about face in terms of Mario?

I couldn't blame him, pretty public pursuit only to sack the agent and allegedly give it the old 'that'd be a step down for me'. Dortmund told him to piss off (fans) and now he might have burned another bridge. The lad might well realise that there's actually a massive step up from any top division side's bench to a consistent starting position.

The interesting thing about this one for me is that I'm not sure if it's:

You don't want us enough, so we don't want you anymore.

or

I've misjudged your attitude and you're actually a self-centred little c**t.

I'd love to know which one it is.

I think Jürgen probably realised what he was once he started having discussions with Spurs mate. It's one thing turning us down to fight for his place at Bayern, but once he showed interest in joining Spurs I think Jürgen made his mind up to move on.

Pity really because I think like Sanchez he would have been of much greater benefit to us than the club he's probably going to. 

Quick Reply