Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Mario Götze (Bayern Munich)

Read 74576 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Mario Götze (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #575: Jul 10, 2016 08:30:30 pm
      I think Jürgen probably realised what he was once he started having discussions with Spurs mate. It's one thing turning us down to fight for his place at Bayern, but once he showed interest in joining Spurs I think Jürgen made his mind up to move on.

Pity really because I think like Sanchez he would have been of much greater benefit to us than the club he's probably going to. 

We might possibly find out but I'd be confident he'll have nowhere near the impact Sanchez had, that is a player I think would have been and still would be fantastic for us.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #576: Jul 10, 2016 08:35:03 pm
      We might possibly find out but I'd be confident he'll have nowhere near the impact Sanchez had, that is a player I think would have been and still would be fantastic for us.

Yeah I think Sanchez would have been great for us. I'm hoping Mane will prove as good.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #577: Jul 10, 2016 10:53:57 pm
      Little "Shot in the dark here" on my part trying to understand why if he wanted to resurrect his failing career he would not go back to the manager that made him.

You guys think that perhaps the "Love" only goes one way? Pretty well documented what Jürgen thinks of Mario but perhaps Mario know's what Jürgen is all about and understands the demands that he puts on his players and Mario feeling that he is a star already thinks its a bit below him?

He just doesn't seem to be to fussed in regaining his status in football and appears to me to be on cruise mode in his career.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #578: Jul 11, 2016 12:02:16 am
      Little "Shot in the dark here" on my part trying to understand why if he wanted to resurrect his failing career he would not go back to the manager that made him.

You guys think that perhaps the "Love" only goes one way? Pretty well documented what Jürgen thinks of Mario but perhaps Mario know's what Jürgen is all about and understands the demands that he puts on his players and Mario feeling that he is a star already thinks its a bit below him?

He just doesn't seem to be to fussed in regaining his status in football and appears to me to be on cruise mode in his career.

TBH none of Jürgen's former players seem to be falling over themselves to sign for him again...maybe they don't like hard work ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #579: Jul 11, 2016 12:05:04 am
      TBH none of Jürgen's former players seem to be falling over themselves to sign for him again...maybe they don't like hard work ?

Or maybe they've worked so hard they feel like they are entitled to Champions League football?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #580: Jul 11, 2016 12:12:26 am
      Or maybe they've worked so hard they feel like they are entitled to Champions League football?

Maybe they just don't like Jürgen  >:D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #581: Jul 11, 2016 12:14:18 am

Yup, exactly what I am thinking on both counts; though to be fair Mario has not been pushed to his physical limit sitting on the bench.

Could be we just have issues with people named "Mario"
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #582: Jul 11, 2016 08:30:07 am
      I must confess that based on the Euros (I know it's not the best way to judge) I think we've dodged a bullet.

I think you may be right Mick, good enough to make the bench for both club & country but not first name on the teamsheet,

He thinks we're below him probably because we're not playing CL footy, Spuds can offer both that and a starting berth,

So F**k him, AZ is right he thinks he's better than he is and very much above his station.

YNWA
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #583: Jul 11, 2016 11:24:22 am

I think you may be right Mick, good enough to make the bench for both club & country but not first name on the teamsheet,

He thinks we're below him probably because we're not playing CL footy, Spuds can offer both that and a starting berth,

So F**k him, AZ is right he thinks he's better than he is and very much above his station.

YNWA

He plays for Bayern and Germany :lmao: They're hardly Sweden and Stoke City. Sane doesn't start for Germany, bet people would love him here though. Opinions have changed on Gotze because he rejected us. He doesn't become sh*t overnight just for that reason.

In the past 3 seasons he played in 129 games, he started in 84 of them (65.1%). Last season was an injury riddled one for him and only started in 14 of 31 games (45.2%) but in the 2 seasons before it he played in 98 games and started in 70 (71.4%). For a team with the options that Bayern possess and the formation they tend to use I'd say they're really good numbers.

In today's game players want to be in the top competitions, Champions League is one of them so it can hardly be a surprise that Gotze doesn't want to join a team that has continuously struggled to break the top 4 for a number of years (except one) and has also struggled when it comes to winning trophies. Spurs haven't won anything either I know but they're in the Champions League, that competition means a lot to us so why would it not mean a lot to the players to be in it? People need to stop thinking that every player in the world shares the same emotion for Liverpool as us fans do.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #584: Jul 11, 2016 12:33:30 pm

If true, I can understand why Jürgen has stopped chasing him. These are the last players we need. Not even for free.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #585: Jul 11, 2016 12:45:48 pm
      If true, I can understand why Jürgen has stopped chasing him. These are the last players we need. Not even for free.

Exactly right and that's what Jürgen said before the season even ended.  He won't sign arseholes just because they're good at football or words to that effect  ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #586: Jul 11, 2016 01:30:07 pm
      Or maybe he sees Champions League football as a better means to regaining that status. After all, if you read many, many posts on here, the excuse - "it's impossible to attract players without Champions League football..." is, quite often, the prefered excuse of the masses.

Now that [excuse] is, of course, a load of F***ing, greasy, bollocks but if one has used it in the past; why not again; eh?  :confused-smiley-013:
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2016 02:05:47 pm by bad boy bubby »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #587: Jul 11, 2016 06:41:28 pm
      "it's impossible to attract players without Champions League football..."

Unless you do what the Mancs do and throw a ridiculous amount of money at a player.

I don't buy into the Champions League excuse anymore, far too many players are only in the game now for the money and don't care what level they are playing at so long as they are getting a load of money. Just look at the amount of players going to the Chinese League now, Russia over the years too.
      Of course this will be the case for some players though but I don't buy it for a second when that player who is essentially using that as a reason can barely ever get in the team throughout the season.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #588: Jul 14, 2016 05:46:26 pm
      I don't buy into the Champions League excuse anymore

Nor me... that's why I said the excuse "is, of course, a load of F***ing, greasy, bollocks".   :-\
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #589: Jul 14, 2016 06:20:31 pm
      Nor me... that's why I said the excuse "is, of course, a load of f**king, greasy, bollocks".   :-\

I know, I was agreeing with you  :-\
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #590: Jul 14, 2016 06:48:35 pm

I know and I was agreeing with you. Your turn...  :laugh:
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #591: Jul 14, 2016 07:48:06 pm
      Unless you do what the Mancs do and throw a ridiculous amount of money at a player.

I don't buy into the Champions League excuse anymore, far too many players are only in the game now for the money and don't care what level they are playing at so long as they are getting a load of money. Just look at the amount of players going to the Chinese League now, Russia over the years too.
      Of course this will be the case for some players though but I don't buy it for a second when that player who is essentially using that as a reason can barely ever get in the team throughout the season.

100% right
      so Gotse said he wants CL footy... tell him to join Valletta fc (malta) they are in the CL prel.round vs red star Belgrade ...he will be paid a max of 4/5k per month, and see if he accepts.....
      the mancs are not in the CL ,yet the players they signed or maybe will sign, all said they want CL.
       CL yes ..But not champions league     CL= Cash Lovers

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #592: Jul 14, 2016 08:29:16 pm
      I know and I was agreeing with you. Your turn...  :laugh:

Ha this could go on for a long time. I think we should leave it at we agree with each other and see if anyone else agrees :laugh:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #593: Jul 14, 2016 08:55:04 pm
      Ha this could go on for a long time. I think we should leave it at we agree with each other and see if anyone else agrees :laugh:

Can you guys just draw a line under it...agree to agree and just move on please ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #594: Jul 14, 2016 09:03:34 pm

It was a none starter from day 1 mate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #595: Jul 14, 2016 09:43:04 pm
      Can you guys just draw a line under it...agree to agree and just move on please ;D

I didn't know there was anything to draw a line under...why is this weird?! It's been like an awkward first date :laugh:

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #596: Jul 15, 2016 01:13:49 am
      Honestly from the first time we were linked with him I felt it was never going to happen. This thread should be locked now don't you think
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #597: Jul 15, 2016 01:43:53 am
      Honestly from the first time we were linked with him I felt it was never going to happen. This thread should be locked now don't you think
      What is it with people wanting to lock threads? Does it really bother people that threads remain open?

Quick Reply