Read 74562 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #69: Apr 02, 2016 08:25:06 pm
      Why question my posts if you post ridiculous drivel.

Joke of a post

You reported a post about 10mins ago for a similar reply to this... It's opinions and it would be a boring place if everyone shared the same one.

Firmino has been better than Sturridge this season.

He has, but he has also been better than most if not all our team this season. Class player starting to show through.

In that case maybe we can get him but in the region of 15-20m.

I'd go for that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #70: Apr 02, 2016 08:36:15 pm
      You reported a post about 10mins ago for a similar reply to this... It's opinions and it would be a boring place if everyone shared the same one.
      It is a bit tiresome to see the same people attacking the posters all the time and not the content they post. Being branded a WUM or TROLL for different opinions or a post that has been made that is incorrect is happening all too much. If people are going to start being abusive or lary towards me i'll do it back. Constructive criticism of posts is a lot more respectable and something you yourself did well when pointing out why he won't get a new contract which was a good case to raise.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #71: Apr 02, 2016 08:54:34 pm
      He's going into the final year of his contract, if they want £40mill then they can shove it

They don't/won't want that much. All reports seem to indicate that they want about 30, but we think we can get a deal done for closer to 20.

£40 million for a player with one year on his contract? Munich can go get lost.

Again, no report or journalist has said that Munich will want anywhere near that amount. It's just a poster on here.

We know how this plays out. He will get a new contract before being sold. I don't think he has refused a contract and he is not playing for idiots.

That's not how this will play out at all. Bayern won't offer him a new contract unless Ancelotti wants him to stay (which doesn't seem likely). It'll end up being like the Kroos to Real Madrid transfer.

Why question my posts if you post ridiculous drivel. How is Sturridge our best player. He's constantly injured. 14 games played this season and 18 last season and not all of those were full games. He had ONE good season! ONE! and all of a sudden he's our best player. Coutinho has been solid 3 seasons in a row and Firmino has been better than Sturridge this season. Joke of a post.. he is not even our best forward nevermind best player.

If you think my posts are drivel, fair enough. I can still call you out for posting what is nonsense. You can have an injury-prone best player. Sturridge for us has hit levels that Coutinho and Firmino haven't come close to.

It's not only me that thinks Sturridge is our best player either. It's a pretty common opinion.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #72: Apr 02, 2016 09:05:50 pm
      They don't/won't want that much. All reports seem to indicate that they want about 30, but we think we can get a deal done for closer to 20.

Again, no report or journalist has said that Munich will want anywhere near that amount. It's just a poster on here.

That's not how this will play out at all. Bayern won't offer him a new contract unless Ancelotti wants him to stay (which doesn't seem likely). It'll end up being like the Kroos to Real Madrid transfer.

If you think my posts are drivel, fair enough. I can still call you out for posting what is nonsense. You can have an injury-prone best player. Sturridge for us has hit levels that Coutinho and Firmino haven't come close to.

It's not only me that thinks Sturridge is our best player either. It's a pretty common opinion.
      It's a valid opinion I guess. I was harsh before, so sorry about that. I was already a ticked off by Crouchino or whatever his name is...  and to think he is the one who called me a troll.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #73: Apr 02, 2016 10:01:48 pm
      I love Gotze and would definitely pull the trigger on a 20M deal (the rumored price). I have been seeing some arguments saying we have plenty of attacking mids but I am of the opinion you can never have too many quality players in your side. Our owners will give Klopp money to spend, so I doubt signing Gotze will have a huge impact on being able to sign other players. Having Klopp here is just an added bonus because Klopp knows how to use Gotze to unleash his full potential.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #74: Apr 02, 2016 11:09:10 pm
      I'm sure I've said this before, but I don't rate Götze that highly. I really don't. £20m? Sure, definitely worth a punt but he doesn't seem to get many minutes with Bayern (yes, injuries, I know...). I personally think he's in the Cavani section of "overrated players".

If he comes here he has to perform. He won't get ahead of Coutinho/Firmino in our starting lineup on his current form, I'll tell you that much.

I was already a ticked off by Crouchino or whatever his name is...  and to think he is the one who called me a troll.

For fucks sake, stop being a baby. Every time you post you're moaning about someone. Quit it.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #75: Apr 03, 2016 12:11:52 am
      All reports seem to indicate that they want about 30, but we think we can get a deal done for closer to 20.

Don't we always :)

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #76: Apr 03, 2016 12:37:40 am
      I'm sure I've said this before, but I don't rate Götze that highly. I really don't. £20m? Sure, definitely worth a punt but he doesn't seem to get many minutes with Bayern (yes, injuries, I know...). I personally think he's in the Cavani section of "overrated players".

If he comes here he has to perform. He won't get ahead of Coutinho/Firmino in our starting lineup on his current form, I'll tell you that much.

For fucks sake, stop being a baby. Every time you post you're moaning about someone. Quit it.

For 3 seasons before this one he was a 1 in 3 goalscoring midfielder. We'd be going mental if we sold Coutinho for double what Gotze could go for and there's been so many times when people have said Coutinho should score or assist more. We just paid £32m for a striker who can't tie his own shoelaces. He also knows what it takes to play in Klopp's system.

I don't see why you think he's overrated based on this season alone whilst not being willing to acknowledge the numbers he put up beforehand since the 10/11 season. 205 games 61 goals 64 assists.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #77: Apr 03, 2016 01:00:38 am
      His best form so far in his career has been under Klopp. I'm confident that if he signed he would take the league by storm. His career has stagnated a bit at Bayern but he is a quality player IMO. Him and our Brazilian duo in attack could be lethal if it all clicks.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #78: Apr 03, 2016 09:32:56 am
      I am personally excited by the prospects of us signing Mario Gotze. Anyone who had watched Dortmund under Klopps reigns will be aware of the quality that this kid possesses. I am, however, anxious by the thought that he could now be damaged goods, as we have seen many footballers careers going down the drain after a prolonged period of little to no game time.

He's a gamble worth taking though. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Could end up getting a real steal here if all pans out for <£30m
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #79: Apr 03, 2016 10:25:55 am
      For 3 seasons before this one he was a 1 in 3 goalscoring midfielder. We'd be going mental if we sold Coutinho for double what Gotze could go for and there's been so many times when people have said Coutinho should score or assist more. We just paid £32m for a striker who can't tie his own shoelaces. He also knows what it takes to play in Klopp's system.

I don't see why you think he's overrated based on this season alone whilst not being willing to acknowledge the numbers he put up beforehand since the 10/11 season. 205 games 61 goals 64 assists.

Which is fine, but that was (at the time) a much weaker league. We've picked up players before who have had some amazing goal & assist numbers in various countries and they've arrived and found the PL very tough and challenging and haven't performed at all. On the flip side, some have also worked out.

What I'm saying is he's not a guarantee to be a hit here. Not at all.

I'm ready to eat humble pie if we sign him, but for the moment - and until he can make an impact in the PL - he's overrated in my opinion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #80: Apr 03, 2016 10:30:25 am
      Which is fine, but that was (at the time) a much weaker league. We've picked up players before who have had some amazing goal & assist numbers in various countries and they've arrived and found the PL very tough and challenging and haven't performed at all. On the flip side, some have also worked out.

I'm ready to eat humble pie if we sign him, but for the moment - and until he can make an impact in the PL - he's overrated in my opinion.

So are you saying that Klopp shouldn't go for him, who would you go for instead, who do you rate?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #81: Apr 03, 2016 11:39:37 am
      nobody is guaranteed to be a hit anywhere but you couldn't think of a better 'gamble' then bringing Mario Gotze over. my God it would be like West Ham signing David Silva. get him the absolute f**k in, let everyone jizz their pants soaking wet then we'd better straighten up and stop worrying because we as a club would be seriously back!!
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,633 posts | 128 
      Reply #82: Apr 03, 2016 11:53:07 am

Haha Dortmund Fans made it clear that they don't want to see his face in black and yellow again  yesterday ;D

Translation would be:

Milan or Madrid
      but in any way not Dortmund
      Piss off Götze   
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #83: Apr 03, 2016 12:30:48 pm
      So are you saying that Klopp shouldn't go for him

£20m? Sure, definitely worth a punt

Yes. That's clearly exactly what I'm saying.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #84: Apr 03, 2016 05:07:31 pm
      Gotze could fill the Midfield with something we lacked since Gerrard was past his prime. We need a quality player like him in the middle.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #85: Apr 03, 2016 06:46:43 pm

It wasn't a much weaker league at all. It wasn't as strong as it is now, but it was still the third or fourth strongest league in the world.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #86: Apr 03, 2016 07:27:43 pm
      Gotze is a high scoring midfielder like Gerrard and Lampard was. There aren't many about. He would do well here in a league that is fast paced.
      lfcfan123321
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #87: Apr 21, 2016 11:30:55 am
      Mario Gotze would be an absolute superb signing for our team, he is one of the best midfielders in the world and would be on the team sheet week in week out.
      All the debate in here about his transfer fee is a bit up and down ;D. I personally think that he wont sign an new contract with munich and if we can pick him up for 20-25 mil that will be absolute steal for a player of his quality. Plus his Dortmund days have proven that klopp can get the best out of him.
      If we sign him think of the quality in our midfield next season, coutinho firmino and gotze going forward with the likes of emre can doing the dirty work at the back..... That I want to see
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #88: Apr 21, 2016 08:40:52 pm
      If Klopp wants him then Klopp should get him regardless of price .
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #89: Apr 22, 2016 05:36:54 am
      i think we'll get him for a logical decent fee, between 29 and 33 million pounds before bonuses. that's my estimate. :~)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #90: Apr 22, 2016 09:27:33 am
      i think we'll get him for a logical decent fee, between 29 and 33 million pounds before bonuses. that's my estimate. :~)

£33m would be close to what we'd pay if he had a decent amount of years left on his contract. No chance he should cost that much with only a year left.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #91: Apr 22, 2016 10:14:46 am
      Kroos went for 20m euros or £? I think Gotze would cost around?

Quick Reply