Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Steven Caulker (Former Loanee)

Read 16856 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,989 posts | 2282 
      Re: Steven Caulker Player Thread
      Reply #175: Jan 13, 2016 06:18:42 pm

I know and that's besides him being an ex manc. He asked for one .... he's one ... just not one we would want. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,786 posts | 3418 
      Reply #176: Jan 13, 2016 06:23:24 pm
      I know and that's besides him being an ex manc. He asked for one .... he's one ... just not one we would want. 

I just think all of this overreaction about Caulker is ridiculous. It's pretty obvious that had we not had an atomic bomb of injuries at CB, J├╝rgen would apparently be waiting till summer to bring in a new CB (or two), so why everyone is getting so uptight about an obvious stop gap is beyond me...unless people just aren't happy unless they are bitching.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,989 posts | 2282 
      Reply #177: Jan 13, 2016 06:31:29 pm
      I just think all of this overreaction about Caulker is ridiculous. It's pretty obvious that had we not had an atomic bomb of injuries at CB, J├╝rgen would apparently be waiting till summer to bring in a new CB (or two), so why everyone is getting so uptight about an obvious stop gap is beyond me...unless people just aren't happy unless they are bitching.

I think a few are disappointed that we didn't make a statement with J├╝rgen's first signing, others have seen him play and don't rate him. Personally I can only remember him at QPR and I thought he was pretty good.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,786 posts | 3418 
      Reply #178: Jan 13, 2016 06:36:48 pm
      I think a few are disappointed that we didn't make a statement with J├╝rgen's first signing, others have seen him play and don't rate him. Personally I can only remember him at QPR and I thought he was pretty good.

Well Klopp's first signing was that kid from Red Star so.......
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,989 posts | 2282 
      Reply #179: Jan 13, 2016 06:38:17 pm
      Well Klopp's first signing was that kid from Red Star so.......

So lets start the moaning off about him ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,786 posts | 3418 
      Reply #180: Jan 13, 2016 06:39:37 pm
      So lets start the moaning off about him ?

Might as well....although I haven't been in his thread much, maybe folks already did!!
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #181: Jan 13, 2016 07:49:33 pm
      Is there something in the water in Wales?

If there is, then it's likely to be affecting you more than me because Welsh Water supply a large proportion of England and I don't even live in the UK anymore. I'm an expat so it won't be affecting me at all.

:lmao:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,163 posts | 1351 
      Reply #182: Jan 13, 2016 10:03:02 pm
      So, the lad comes on for his debut and immediately gets put up front :lmao: I'd love to know what was going on in his head because all defenders must beg to go upfront in situations like that.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,869 posts | 1049 
      Reply #183: Jan 13, 2016 11:32:27 pm
      Great debut for Steven superb positioning for the 3 touches he had (2 were headers).
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #184: Jan 14, 2016 12:32:56 pm
      Needs to start on Sunday.
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2016 12:44:46 pm by racerx34, Reason: Capital letters to start a sentence. Good man. »
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,765 posts | 2371 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #185: Jan 14, 2016 12:44:40 pm
      I was seriously laughing when I saw him coming on and Klopp talking to him while pointing forwards. I knew straight away what this was going to mean. Brazilian commentators were trying to make sense of the substitution with stuff like "they will probably go 3 in defence to free up the fullbacks to attack" or "Klopp is trying to nullify Arsenal's counter-attacking potential" and that sort of stuff. Even when Caulker did come on and ran forward straight away, they were still going on with stuff like that. When they finally understood that Klopp had just brought on a central defender signed the day before to play upfront... they were pretty shocked :D
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #186: Jan 15, 2016 12:30:44 pm
      Talented enough to be a small fish in a big pond, not talented enough to be a big fish in a small pond.  Overall, pretty happy with the signing, but I feel as a club we must keep on our toes with a player of his mentality (don't go throwing around long or lucrative contracts at him).  If managed very well, has the potential to be a rough diamond.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #187: Jan 15, 2016 01:13:21 pm
      no pressure on him which a massive thing to take to a big club it means he dont have to worry about what we all think and can just concentrate on his game, he could end up being a real top defender if give game time. i'm not a fan of Kolo and Sakho but Caulker and Sakho excites me as we then have to great options for set pieces both attacking and defending.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,077 posts | 2766 
      Reply #188: Jan 24, 2016 12:13:54 pm
      I hope we keep him next season, there's something about the way he's fitted in with the lads that I like. For a small fee, we could do a lot worse as defensive cover.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #189: Jan 24, 2016 12:17:59 pm
      I hope we keep him next season, there's something about the way he's fitted in with the lads that I like. For a small fee, we could do a lot worse as defensive cover.

I get the feeling we should've bought him when he was out of favour, I think he's going to do well and in the process bump his price up.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,163 posts | 1351 
      Reply #190: Jan 24, 2016 12:30:41 pm
      I'd like to see what he can do in a proper game scenario at centre back before judging him. It's easy saying we should keep him now but he must have played a combined 10 minutes or so and most of them were as an emergency striker. For all we know he could still look proper dodgy at the back.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,846 posts | 2114 
      Reply #191: Jan 24, 2016 12:53:25 pm

Replace Kolo maybe?

If we keep defending like we have been he'll be getting a start pretty soon.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,802 posts | 1951 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #192: Jan 24, 2016 01:02:41 pm
      He can't go worse than some of our own players have played. Give him chance and will judge him after he played as defender.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,647 posts | 3585 
      Reply #193: Jan 24, 2016 01:04:30 pm
      I think his goal celebrating is first class but other than that we cant judge the lad yet  . Like others I am thinking can he be any worse than what we saw yesterday.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,579 posts | 94 
      Reply #194: Jan 24, 2016 01:14:04 pm
      He can't go worse than some of our own players have played. Give him chance and will judge him after he played as defender.

Is he cup-tied in the carling cup?
      if not I would start him on Teusday, at least one of Sakho /Toure  gets a rest
       YNWA
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,802 posts | 1951 
      Reply #195: Jan 24, 2016 01:22:05 pm
       YNWA

I don't know to be honest. He played with Southampton but can he play again?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,802 posts | 1951 
      Reply #196: Jan 24, 2016 01:33:34 pm
      I don't know to be honest. He played with Southampton but can he play again?

I did my research and on the official website I found:
      6.4 No player shall play for more than one Club in the Cup Competition in any one Season.
      Read more at http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/index.aspx#TcOQEsRTVc8x3MTi.99

So yes he is cuptied.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,133 posts | 137 
      Reply #197: Jan 24, 2016 01:46:02 pm
      i ain't seen this guy make a tackle for us yet.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 632 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #198: Jan 24, 2016 03:53:27 pm
      I'd like to see what he can do in a proper game scenario at centre back before judging him. It's easy saying we should keep him now but he must have played a combined 10 minutes or so and most of them were as an emergency striker. For all we know he could still look proper dodgy at the back.

West Ham in the FA Cup would be a decent opportunity for Caulker to start IMO.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 295 
      Reply #199: Jan 24, 2016 07:10:16 pm
       YNWA

We don't need experiments against Stoke, we must qualify, it's the most important match for us at the moment.

Quick Reply