Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Steven Caulker (Former Loanee)

Read 32045 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Steven Caulker Player Thread
      Reply #138: Jan 13, 2016 11:14:29 am
      Already winning headers from a set-piece?
      That'll do.

That's the main reason the manager has brought him in. Many have no doubt read about this but Klopp's said that our pressing game will hopefully mean clubs go long ball to attack and we need defenders who are good in the air and Caulker fitted that profile.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #139: Jan 13, 2016 11:29:50 am
      "Caulker is complete and utter dog sh*t to put it kindly."

"I can't deny that I'm really disappointed with this signing but until I see him in a red shirt I suppose I will hold off my judgment or criticism."

These quotes this morning were from the same poster within an hour and a half of each other  :lmao:.

Gotta love this forum.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #140: Jan 13, 2016 12:08:42 pm
      "Caulker is complete and utter dog sh*t to put it kindly."

"I can't deny that I'm really disappointed with this signing but until I see him in a red shirt I suppose I will hold off my judgment or criticism."

These quotes this morning were from the same poster within an hour and a half of each other  :lmao:.

Gotta love this forum.

What's wrong with that? You always get a little titty lip when somebody disagrees with you on here & try and turn into a smart arse.

At this moment in time I think Caulker is sh*te and certainly not good enough for Liverpool. He has done nothing in his career to suggest otherwise. I'm still prepared to give him a chance though so I won't moan about it, hes a Liverpool player now so that's that. Hopefully he will prove me wrong and grasp what a fantastic opportunity this is for him.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #141: Jan 13, 2016 12:18:43 pm
      What's wrong with that? You always get a little titty lip when somebody disagrees with you on here & try and turn into a smart arse.

At this moment in time I think Caulker is sh*te and certainly not good enough for Liverpool. He has done nothing in his career to suggest otherwise. I'm still prepared to give him a chance though so I won't moan about it, hes a Liverpool player now so that's that. Hopefully he will prove me wrong and grasp what a fantastic opportunity this is for him.

I like that, never heard it before.

As for Caulker I thought there was maybe a little contradiction in the two posts. You don't agree? Fair enough.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #142: Jan 13, 2016 12:37:44 pm
      Def a committee recommendation, there's no way Klopp would know too much about him IMO

Might and I know it's a F***ing long shot here, but maybe Klopp had him scouted!!

What sort of message do you think this sends to Coutinho?  Barca are batting their eyelashes at him, he could play with Suarez and Messi, etc.

And to show him our ambition, we go and sign... Steven Caulker.

On a F***ing loan deal you F***ing nobhead crank. Yeah would of been boss to get Subotic or launch some serious money at Hummels, but we already have some centre-halves, except they are all injured. So a loan deal is good - a bit like Ged getting Paul Jones to cover our goalie crisis back in 2002/2003. Or were you still a Liverpool fan then?

Pack it in with the knee-jerk sh*t especially this week, get on board or F**k off - no F***ing traitors!!

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #143: Jan 13, 2016 12:53:11 pm
      Might and I know it's a F***ing long shot here, but maybe Klopp had him scouted!!

On a F***ing loan deal you F***ing nobhead crank. Yeah would of been boss to get Subotic or launch some serious money at Hummels, but we already have some centre-halves, except they are all injured. So a loan deal is good - a bit like Ged getting Paul Jones to cover our goalie crisis back in 2002/2003. Or were you still a Liverpool fan then?

Pack it in with the knee-jerk sh*t especially this week, get on board or F**k off - no F***ing traitors!!

:lmao: Not like you to shoot from the hip fella , desperate times call for desperate measures its a loan deal if it works all well and good if not he can go back , Klopp has more time to identity what he needs in the summer and we haven't  spunked our budgef away on another punt .
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #144: Jan 13, 2016 12:55:41 pm
      I like that, never heard it before.

As for Caulker I thought there was maybe a little contradiction in the two posts. You don't agree? Fair enough.

Nope. I don't rate Caulker one bit. Think he is awful and it is a dreadful signing no matter what the circumstances are.

But as ever when somebody signs for Liverpool, I'm prepared to wipe the slate clean. It's how he performs in a red shirt that matters.

So I'm far from overjoyed, a bit annoyed if anything, but hes here now so I'll hold off on further criticism for the time being.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #145: Jan 13, 2016 01:03:33 pm
      can we please just support this lad ,at least till he kicks a ball in a LIVERPOOL shirt
       He is a Liverpool player for at least 5 months , so we should back and support him
        his loan signing might not be liked by everyone ,  and all opinions are to be respected but he deserves the support as Liverpool player 

YNWA

welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #146: Jan 13, 2016 01:35:24 pm
      1,2 and 3 fair enough. 4 Benteke also scores goals at that end of the pitch, but nobody can find his head! 5 We've bought a lot of players that did well at smaller clubs, that flopped for us. Hopefully Steven can be different.

In regard to point 4, Benteke has other issues. His movement off the ball is appalling, his attitude isn't what it should be and he doesn't fight enough for the cause and his willingness to link up with other players and bring them into play leaves a lot to be desired. In regard to Caulker, he does his job fairly well at both ends of the pitch, not great, but good, but that's all we need up until the summer.

I think the venting in here as much to do with our failure (thus far) to add anybody of any real substance despite us having a new manager, despite us being crippled with injuries and despite us struggling ever since that win at Saints 6-7 weeks ago.

The venting here and on other websites is ridiculous. Our manager has entered his first transfer window and will assess his options. If they want a reactionary manager that panic buys whoever to suit their desires, then why did they want Rodgers out? He panic bought plenty of times to try and quick fix issues rather than spend money wisely. Benteke was one of those signings.

He went out and bought a striker that in no way whatsoever fits with his footballing philosophy. He needed to replace Suarez and rather than bide his time and make a sensible move, he just went and bought Benteke to fill a void. it was a ridiculous signing that didn't make sense then and still doesn't now.

Our fans need to stop this 'now, now, now' attitude. You expect that sort of attitude with children in the supermarket stomping their feet and crying because mum won't buy them sweets but grown adults? They need to get a grip and have faith in our manager to do the right thing patiently rather than rush things and mess everything up.

Our football club is a football club, it is a business and it will take time to get everything to click. It's not a video game whereby you can simulate to the transfer window, enter a few cheat codes and then purchase whoever you like and get results. None of our signings have even kicked a bloody ball and there are already people undermining our manager with nonsense such as 'has he seen Caulker play?' and other rubbish.

Our fans need humbling, bringing back down to Earth and a reality check because they're living in a world where everything is instant and they're spoilt. I'm really glad Klopp is not going to give in to this ridiculous attitude because otherwise we'd just be panic buying a load of rubbish again and going even further backwards, rather than plotting excellently timed moves in the market and signing the right players.

The fans even have unrealistic expectations of the players we have got. How many more times do we have to listen to how Allen is great? How many more times do we have to listen to give Benteke a chance? Whether we like it or not, these are with all due respect domestically proven players who should be playing for a mid table club at best, and guess what? Now they are. Due to signing mid table players whilst off loading class like Suarez and losing class like Gerrard we've become a mid table club.

Whether we like it or not, the squad needs quite an overhaul and Klopp has given them their final warning that they have until May to prove themselves, because unlike Rodgers, he is not going to put up with their nonsense for much longer.
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #147: Jan 13, 2016 01:46:05 pm
      Even as an emergency loan deal I cant help but feel we could have done a lot better than Caulker. Regardless to whether we are desperate for a CB or not that doesn't excuse signing a player who in my opinion isn't fit enough to wear the shirt. Why not just give me a shirt then?

95% of the players we have now are not fit to wear the shirt. When you sign players from mid table clubs and then off load world class players you become the mid table club. That's where we are at right now thanks to embarrassingly poor business in the transfer market in previous seasons. The table does not lie.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #148: Jan 13, 2016 01:49:00 pm
      I think Caulker will be a valuable player in the remaining season, may even help us win a cup & if he does that then that alone would be worth his signature.

Klopp has picked him & that's good enough for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #149: Jan 13, 2016 01:54:48 pm
      I'm still prepared to give him a chance though so I won't moan about it
      Uhhh......

At this moment in time I think Caulker is sh*te and certainly not good enough for Liverpool. He has done nothing in his career to suggest otherwise.

Yea...yea you did moan about it :lmao:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #150: Jan 13, 2016 01:56:34 pm

And that's why you're an annoying attention whore, federer. No one "loves" the deal. Indeed many actively against it. Most of us understand the circumstances, though.

Klopp himself has said outright "he can't even get a game at Saints."  Don't you think we should be aiming a little higher than players who can't even get into the team at clubs that are BELOW us?  How is "the best solution" to bring in players that aren't even good enough for teams that are WORSE than we are?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #151: Jan 13, 2016 01:58:28 pm
      What sort of message do you think this sends to Coutinho?  Barca are batting their eyelashes at him, he could play with Suarez and Messi, etc.

And to show him our ambition, we go and sign... Steven Caulker.

Maybe little Phil  should worry about improving his level of play to someone that resembles the player we signed before he worriesa about the club's ambition.

Like I mentioned before...you just like moaning for the sake of moaning.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #152: Jan 13, 2016 02:28:20 pm
      Not unusually for me I'm feeling optimistic, this time it's about Caulker. I know his forms not been great of late, but he WAS promising a couple of years back. Just imagine if just for once we pulled off a bit of a coup and had everyone saying "F****** hell how did they manage to get him on a loan with a view to buy for 3 million quid" or something. Absolute worse case scenario is he doesn't play any better than he has been over the last couple of seasons, and EVEN THEN he would have gotten into the team against Exeter away.

This new manager of ours can do stuff with players, even more so IMHO ones who haven't got all comfy around the place. I trust Jürgen to get inside this fellas head, it could be that his off field antics have had a serious impact on what he does on the pitch. I'm happy to wait and see, but if he plays tonight I'll have a bet with anyone that he doesn't let us down at all and that by the end, we're all saying "actually he's a lot better than I thought".
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #153: Jan 13, 2016 02:30:35 pm
      95% of the players we have now are not fit to wear the shirt. When you sign players from mid table clubs and then off load world class players you become the mid table club. That's where we are at right now thanks to embarrassingly poor business in the transfer market in previous seasons. The table does not lie.

Doesn't mean we should keep signing sh*te just because we already have enough sh*te on our books though does it.

We seem to have signed Caulker just for the sake of it. To fill the numbers.  Whats the point? Just give me a shirt if that's the attitude of the club.

We can only speculate but I doubt very much Jürgen wanted Caulker or that he even knows who he is.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #154: Jan 13, 2016 02:35:53 pm
      Doesn't mean we should keep signing sh*te just because we already have enough sh*te on our books though does it.

We seem to have signed Caulker just for the sake of it. To fill the numbers.  Whats the point? Just give me a shirt if that's the attitude of the club.

We can only speculate but I doubt very much Jürgen wanted Caulker or that he even knows who he is.

Just a reminder....

So I'm far from overjoyed, a bit annoyed if anything, but hes here now so I'll hold off on further criticism for the time being.

That was two hours ago...thought you were going to hold off any further criticism? ;D

Just messing with you bro, please don't get angry  :couch:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #155: Jan 13, 2016 02:50:16 pm
      Welcome to the club Stevie C. Ex-Spurs player, going up against Arsenal in his debut. Written in the stars for him to have a say in tonight's outcome (either good or bad).

Not a signing I'm massively excited about but it's a loan deal for a couple of months, given our injury crisis at the back it's not a terrible idea. Also given the indifferent form of all our centre halves this season, it is a position that needed addressing. Caulker may not be the biggest name but who's to say this isn't Jürgen Klopp's version of Sami Hyypia.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #156: Jan 13, 2016 03:17:53 pm

Just a reminder....

That was two hours ago...thought you were going to hold off any further criticism? ;D

Just messing with you bro, please don't get angry  :couch:

I was.

Until somebody quoted me  ;)
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #157: Jan 13, 2016 03:22:29 pm

1. We signed an experienced Premier League player to fill a void during a crisis - not for the sake of it
      2. We have signed a long term defender on a free in Joel Matip - good business - long term plan
      3. The rubbish players already on our books have been given their final warning, and rightly so

Stop being so damn melodramatic.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #158: Jan 13, 2016 03:38:25 pm
      1. We signed an experienced Premier League player to fill a void during a crisis - not for the sake of it
      2. We have signed a long term defender on a free in Joel Matip - good business - long term plan
      3. The rubbish players already on our books have been given their final warning, and rightly so

Stop being so damn melodramatic.

What are you waffling on about at all.

Experienced PL player? The only thing Caulker has experienced is relegation  :lmao:

Matip has nothing to do with signing Caulker. This is the first real opportunity to back Klopp in the market and FSG decide to sign Caulker on loan from QPR.

What are you going on about our squad players for? You're the one who labelled us a mid table team. You're the one who said 95% of our squad aren't fit enough to wear the shirt. I just said whether that's true or not it is still no excuse to sign a player who clearly isn't good enough for Liverpool. You're suggesting that its ok to sign sh*t players because we already have loads of them.

The ambition amongst our support is at a dangerous new low when fans are actually trying to find positives in signing Steven Caulker on loan.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #159: Jan 13, 2016 03:40:17 pm
      Everyone going on about how horrible Caulker is. Please enlighten us all to who you think we should be signing at CB in this window. And please, ensure that you are only noting players that are currently available in some form. To say we should sign Hummels is ridiculous because it's quite obvious he hasn't been made available or made any mention of wanting a move.

So I'm all ears........

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #160: Jan 13, 2016 03:44:04 pm
      Welcome to LFC Steven.

Quick Reply