Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)

Read 15618 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)
      Reply #23: Jan 17, 2016 11:13:56 am
      This should be a simple no, we play in no way to suit this lad, completely agree with Saint he'd look half the player for us and it's likely this is just his moment to shine rather than being able to consistently produce at this level.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2016 11:16:53 am
      Obviously! I was highlighting the silliness people have about age. They wouldn't sign a 29 year old? Jesus wept

It's the price for a 29yr old that most are against Brian and also that nobody knows if he's a one season wonder.  If he was 20 and posting these numbers we'd probably be ok with paying £25m but the combination of his age, the price and his previous stats are putting people off.

In any case we have Ings who is much younger and a very similar player back for pre season so why spend £25m on someone we only need for 6mths?  I'd much rather we got that Williams kid from Bilbao as he's a goal scoring winger, something we're desperately short of in number and quality.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Jan 17, 2016 11:21:06 am
      This should be a simple no, we play in no way to suit this lad, completely agree with Saint he'd look half the player for us and it's likely this is just his moment to shine rather than being able to consistently produce at this level.

You could also argue that he's now going back to his old self, he's done nothing for 5 or 6 games, not looked like scoring at all.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2016 11:23:41 am

In any case we have Ings who is much younger and a very similar player back for pre season so why spend £25m on someone we only need for 6mths?  I'd much rather we got that Williams kid from Bilbao as he's a goal scoring winger, something we're desperately short of in number and quality.

Was only thinking of Danny earlier. Can you see him getting a good chance to impress the boss when he's over the injury? I hope so but have my doubts
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #27: Jan 17, 2016 11:29:15 am
      Ha as if FSG would ever sanction signing a 29 yo for £25 million with no resale value!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Jan 17, 2016 11:34:01 am
      Was only thinking of Danny earlier. Can you see him getting a good chance to impress the boss when he's over the injury? I hope so but have my doubts

I definitely do Brian.  He may not be as prolific as we need but all his other qualities are exactly what Jürgen asks for in his players.  I've no doubt we'd have been higher up the table if Danny hadn't got injured because he would have got us goals and been a menace to open up defenses for others to score too.

He's never going to be the number one or main striker but he's a very capable back up who will get plenty of games.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #29: Jan 17, 2016 12:47:47 pm
      You could also argue that he's now going back to his old self, he's done nothing for 5 or 6 games, not looked like scoring at all.

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't score another goal this season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Jan 17, 2016 01:11:24 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't score another goal this season.

Could be right there Mcarz, although that might be a bit of a push, don't think he's that bad Si.

Another 16 games without a goal in the league would even be a shock, I'd guess he'll get about 5 or 6 in that time.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #31: Jan 17, 2016 01:29:11 pm
      If it was possible to buy him for a reasonable price somehow, it might not be that bad an idea. But considering the circumstances - 29 year old having the season of his life - I would pass, as he is pretty certain to cost silly money.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jan 17, 2016 01:30:36 pm

That's not exactly true, he nearly scored a pretty good goal, but the keeper saved it and the Japanese striker got the rebound to score (vs Villa)
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #33: Jan 17, 2016 01:43:30 pm
      Ings type. Will run in behind all game for you and stretch a defence with his pace and direct style. Would provide Suarez like effort off the ball too. Would be a decent signing, in a similar style to Danny Ings. Wouldn't think he'd cost more than £15m and his wages would be manageable. He might not get the numbers of this season again, but he will work hard and create space for others.
      I'd prefer to give Ings the chance he deserves , Vardy one hit wonder .

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Jan 17, 2016 01:52:15 pm
      I like how everyone in the English press just straight up forgot Vardy's racism.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #35: Jan 17, 2016 01:56:03 pm
      I'd prefer to give Ings the chance he deserves , Vardy one hit wonder .

Yep.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #36: Jan 17, 2016 02:01:43 pm
      He suits Leicester at the moment and when that team is pulled apart in the summer he'll flop . I wonder where he's been until now .

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Jan 18, 2016 12:16:41 am
      Vardy won't leave Leicester. They are far better than us now and he is getting regular football there.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #38: Jan 18, 2016 01:54:33 am
      My issues with the rumors about us looking at vardy are probably the same as the rest of yours.
      25 million is double the amount for a player of his age and limited top level experience for us, in our situation to even contemplate spending.
      Saying that though, if he was younger and cheaper I would take a punt on him.
      Damn clever, quick, tenacious, resilient and with a great level of confidence that any top striker needs
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #39: Jan 18, 2016 02:30:54 am
      Considering cardboard cutouts are better than some of the strikers we buy (Benteke) than any striker being linked with us seems like a no brainer sadly.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #40: Jan 18, 2016 12:20:12 pm
      Vardy won't leave Leicester. They are far better than us now and he is getting regular football there.

Far better?

So we didn't beat them in the league 3 weeks ago?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #41: Jan 18, 2016 01:40:14 pm
      Far better?

So we didn't beat them in the league 3 weeks ago?

Maybe you missed where they are second and we are ninth?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #42: Jan 18, 2016 01:44:45 pm
      Signing Vardy or Mahrez would be unforgivable.

We're f**king embarrassment in the transfer market, signing YET another average player for big money would be just too far.

I honestly doubt anyone at this club watches any leagues outside of England sometimes.
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #43: Jan 18, 2016 02:04:20 pm
      How many times are we going to do this ? Pay mad money for a one season wonder and then scratch our heads when he runs around like a headless chicken ?

Like many have said before, if you sign mid table players then you are competing with mid table teams.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #44: Jan 18, 2016 02:12:38 pm
      25mil pounds is way too much,his price range is about 5-12mil pounds,no more.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #45: Jan 18, 2016 02:49:14 pm
      How many times are we going to do this ?

Who knows but we havent even made an offer for Vardy never mind signed him so don't worry too much mate.

Quick Reply