Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Klopp Style Transfer Targets

Read 5610 times
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Re: Klopp Style Transfer Targets
      Reply #23: Jan 16, 2016 08:58:03 pm
      Players with balls and determination , of the Emre can type , thery're the type he wants .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #24: Jan 17, 2016 06:42:54 pm
      Players with balls and determination , of the Emre can type , thery're the type he wants .

So players that give the ball away needlessly and easily?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #25: Jan 17, 2016 07:49:41 pm
      So players that give the ball away needlessly and easily?
      A kneejerk reaction to todays first half display , as did Hendo and Milner i may add . i thoght more of you Flred , didn't peg you for a knee jerker . Can is one of our finer players , one of the very few that Rodgers signed .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #26: Jan 17, 2016 08:45:25 pm
      A kneejerk reaction to todays first half display , as did Hendo and Milner i may add . i thoght more of you Flred , didn't peg you for a knee jerker . Can is one of our finer players , one of the very few that Rodgers signed. To me, he doesn't add anything that Henderson or Milner don't do.

I've always like him but he's been frustrating for awhile now. I think there's a reason that Rodgers didn't play him in midfield. Gives the ball away far too easily, and doesn't really add much to our attack. He doesn't do anything that Hendo or Milner don't do already and probably better.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #27: Jan 17, 2016 09:07:34 pm
      I've always like him but he's been frustrating for awhile now. I think there's a reason that Rodgers didn't play him in midfield. Gives the ball away far too easily, and doesn't really add much to our attack. He doesn't do anything that Hendo or Milner don't do already and probably better.

Rodgers played him out of position and has vastly improved under Klopp . I'm sorry mate but i don't get the knee jerk reaction all of a sudden . the only problem i have with him is he needs to learn what the words "man on " means .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #28: Jan 17, 2016 10:12:06 pm
      Rodgers played him out of position and has vastly improved under Klopp . I'm sorry mate but i don't get the knee jerk reaction all of a sudden . the only problem i have with him is he needs to learn what the words "man on " means .

He provides nothing offensively and defensively as you noted he's lacking. Joe Allen in a cameo did what Can hasnt been able to do all season, save our bacon. Call it knee jerk if you like but he's not good enough right now. I had much higher hopes for him and so far he has disappointed. You rate him that's fine, you are certainly well within your rights to do so.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #29: Jan 17, 2016 11:19:26 pm
      He provides nothing offensively and defensively as you noted he's lacking. Joe Allen in a cameo did what Can hasnt been able to do all season, save our bacon. Call it knee jerk if you like but he's not good enough right now. I had much higher hopes for him and so far he has disappointed. You rate him that's fine, you are certainly well within your rights to do so.

look at the amount of positions he's been asked to play in and he's not moaned once about it . How many times have we seen Hendo our captain give possession away and can't for his life win it back , milner in large parts of games is missing with all his vast experience . I don't know what you want from Can we seem to forget he's barely turned  22 and i don't think he's hardly had a break . You need to vent your anger at our senior players instead .

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #30: Jan 18, 2016 12:37:24 am
      Really not understanding the huge knee jerk reaction to Can lately. He has not been his best. But he is only 22 and inconsistency is everyone's problem at that age. I can remember several games last season and a few this season where I thought without him we would have been screwed. The kid has the talent to be a very good box to box midfielder.

Last year he showed us he can be defensively sound, this year we are starting to see him go forward more sometimes successful and sometimes not. I admire his determination and work rate, two things you can't teach to a footballer.

He is still developing and with some more hard work and coaching and review of the tapes I think he can turn into a very good player for us. He is 22 years old, ffs not many 22 year olds can hack it in the premier league especially when coming from abroad. The guy deserves a lot of praise for coming here and trying to do a job as a key player when he should only be in the learning role.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #31: Jan 18, 2016 12:39:09 am
      look at the amount of positions he's been asked to play in and he's not moaned once about it . How many times have we seen Hendo our captain give possession away and can't for his life win it back , milner in large parts of games is missing with all his vast experience . I don't know what you want from Can we seem to forget he's barely turned  22 and i don't think he's hardly had a break . You need to vent your anger at our senior players instead .

I can vent my anger at more than one target, trust me. Hendo is battling injury, Milner isn't great but he's at least a reasonable defender. If Can is tired then he needs a spell on the bench for more reasons than one.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #32: Jan 18, 2016 05:20:08 am

He lacks game intelligence. He is sluggish on the ball, generally unaware of team mates movements or the opposition closing him down and is poor at the business end of the field.
      Saying that though, he has certainly improved due to appearing to be in better shape, gaining experience, manager trust and being played in a more natural position consistently and will improve.
      Only 22 and have high hopes but not great ones.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #33: Jan 18, 2016 11:00:47 am
      Really not understanding the huge knee jerk reaction to Can lately. He has not been his best. But he is only 22 and inconsistency is everyone's problem at that age. I can remember several games last season and a few this season where I thought without him we would have been screwed. The kid has the talent to be a very good box to box midfielder.

Last year he showed us he can be defensively sound, this year we are starting to see him go forward more sometimes successful and sometimes not. I admire his determination and work rate, two things you can't teach to a footballer.

He is still developing and with some more hard work and coaching and review of the tapes I think he can turn into a very good player for us. He is 22 years old, ffs not many 22 year olds can hack it in the premier league especially when coming from abroad. The guy deserves a lot of praise for coming here and trying to do a job as a key player when he should only be in the learning role.

Don't agree. Personally don't think he has what we require. He's too slow physically and mentally. Has to "rush" back to make last gasp tackles because he's given the ball away too cheaply. You say he's young therefore inconsistent. But what about Gerrard, or Owen or Torres or any number of young, talented players we've had in our teams in the past? They were certainly more consistent AND offered vastly more.

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #34: Jan 18, 2016 02:48:20 pm
      Don't agree. Personally don't think he has what we require. He's too slow physically and mentally. Has to "rush" back to make last gasp tackles because he's given the ball away too cheaply. You say he's young therefore inconsistent. But what about Gerrard, or Owen or Torres or any number of young, talented players we've had in our teams in the past? They were certainly more consistent AND offered vastly more.

Not every 22 year old is Gerrard, Owen or Torres. Those are a special kind of players.

And I have to disagree with your post. I have seen Can track back many times sometimes with surprising pace. He is going to give away the ball, hell all of our players do that. So with your reasoning you should be bitching about Henderson, Milner, Sakho, Lovren, Lallana, Ibe, etc. All players who I have seen give the ball away quite a bit.

Quick Reply