Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      39 (30.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      10 (7.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      26 (20.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.9%)
      Emre Can
      6 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (25.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      6 (4.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2016 04:03:11 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate

Read 38403 times
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #782: Jan 17, 2016 09:15:31 pm
      I think Lallana epitomised the squad today.

Poached from a lower PL side, many of these players are picked from lower Premier League sides and should be playing for lower clubs. The only reason they have come is because Hunter, Fallows, Edwards, etc have no experience of continental football and have only watched English football. And our twattish recruitment policy seems based on watching Match of the Day highlights and YouTube compilations.

We buy sh*te, we are sh*te - no matter who the manager is. Jürgen did his best today - the team should have won but it lacked obvious quality, and considering what was on his bench he can hardly be criticised for not starting Benteke - who is just abject I'm sure we all agree.

The game lacked quality because the club refuses to buy quality, thanks to a recruitment policy from FSG and the brain addled thick tw*ts in the committee. Simple as that.

I have been saying this for 2 years and you are spot on. I have even had to leave the LFC subreddit because the idiots on there can't seem to grasp the fact that if you buy average players you become an average team. When you sign players from Southampton, Villa and so on its not a surprise when you end up mid table. Its where you are going to end up because you've signed mid table players. Signing players from lower teams works when your team has class in it and you can get them to slot in and up their game but when your team has no stand out players anymore to raise their levels, then the averageness shines through.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #783: Jan 17, 2016 09:22:52 pm
      That could be because they are Rodgers team. Jürgen needs time to assemble his own team, though how much the owners are prepared to fork out is another matter, as they backed the wrong horse in a 2 horse race!

Link

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #784: Jan 17, 2016 09:34:26 pm
      A quality striker up front and we'd have been out of sight in that game.

As it was the frustration of watching supposed attacking players running into our man on the ball rather than making runs and opening space. I mean, when you've grown up watching Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez we really are dire to watch upfront. Top scorer Firmino on 3?

Lallana - Took too many touches. Ran into other players.
      Moreno - Looked like a headless chicken. ran into other players.

Even to lesser extents Milner and Henderson seemed to occupy the same space on the pitch.

The only ones I thought seemed to have a bit about them were Sakho, Toure & Lucas and even they couldn't combine to keep Fellaini away. I literally said it when the corner was conceded. "This is where all the damage gets done against Liverpool lately" *Bang, spawny goal*

Down the other side a real quality keeper keeps them in the game twice.

At this stage I'd just like to see some good cup runs and a trophy and write off this season,
      which is infuriating when you look at how open the league is. Any form of run at all and the top 4 would have been there.

PS United were sh*te.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #785: Jan 17, 2016 09:40:29 pm

It really is as simple as that mate. It is ridiculous to wait until the summer to do some business on a striker. We are DEPSERATE. It's driving me crazy.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #786: Jan 17, 2016 09:41:41 pm
      So Rodgers misled the lot of us into believing he had final say on what players we signed.What a tw*t and a failure as manager.
      WTF?? How do you still blame him?...If he had opened his mouth earlier he would have been sacked earlier... Rock and a hard place?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #787: Jan 17, 2016 09:50:58 pm

As it was the frustration of watching supposed attacking players running into our man on the ball rather than making runs and opening space. I mean, when you've grown up watching Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez we really are dire to watch upfront. Top scorer Firmino on 3?

Lallana - Took too many touches. Ran into other players.
      Moreno - Looked like a headless chicken. ran into other players.

Even to lesser extents Milner and Henderson seemed to occupy the same space on the pitch.

The only ones I thought seemed to have a bit about them were Sakho, Toure & Lucas and even they couldn't combine to keep Fellaini away. I literally said it when the corner was conceded. "This is where all the damage gets done against Liverpool lately" *Bang, spawny goal*

Down the other side a real quality keeper keeps them in the game twice.

At this stage I'd just like to see some good cup runs and a trophy and write off this season.
      which is infuriating when you look at how open the league is. Any form of run at all and the top 4 would have been there.

PS United were sh*te.

If Suarez had still been here or any recognised striker we would have been 3 goals to the good and that bunch of sh*te would have been pinned in their own half.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #788: Jan 17, 2016 09:52:24 pm
      If Suarez had still been here or any recognised striker we would have been 3 goals to the good and that bunch of sh*te would have been pinned in their own half.

That's my point. He had a hat trick today for Barca.
      He would easily had one today.
      Ran United ragged for large parts of that game but did nothing where it mattered.
      welshred
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts | 128 
      Reply #789: Jan 17, 2016 09:54:04 pm
      WTF?? How do you still blame him?...If he had opened his mouth earlier he would have been sacked earlier... Rock and a hard place?

He could have walked with his head held high. It's not like he's struggling for money, and if he had walked with his credibility in tact, he probably would have went straight into another job. He got undermined because he allowed himself to be undermined, which is a big no-no in business.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #790: Jan 17, 2016 10:15:16 pm
      So Rodgers misled the lot of us into believing he had final say on what players we signed.

What a tw*t and a failure as manager.

This.

The damage goes on and will for sometime.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #791: Jan 17, 2016 10:18:26 pm

If only he had been honest from the beginning we might not of been in the mess we find ourselves in today.Back on topic it is sad that we can't beat a sh*te team like Manure at Anfield.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #792: Jan 17, 2016 10:51:49 pm
      So manure had 1 shot on target and scored, Migs stats zero shots saved, and 1 catch!  So any of us on here could have those same stats.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #793: Jan 17, 2016 10:56:03 pm

So manure had 1 shot on target and scored, Migs stats zero shots saved, and 1 catch!  So any of us on here could have those same stats.

Well KopiteLuke on here likes his goalkeeping ratios...and after this match they're only going to be more embarrassing. What is the goal to shot ratio now I wonder?

Ming's concession of that goal was not a 'gaffe' but it's something you'd expect a world class keeper to save. The disparity with De Gea today was stunning in it's starkness.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #794: Jan 17, 2016 10:58:03 pm
      Well KopiteLuke on here likes his goalkeeping ratios...and after this match they're only going to be more embarrassing. What is the goal to shot ratio now I wonder?

Ming's concession of that goal was not a 'gaffe' but it's something you'd expect a world class keeper to save. The disparity with De Gea today was stunning in it's starkness.

The tale of two keepers. A World Class keeper in de Gea is keeping United in the hunt for Top 4.
      Us?
      From front to back it's become a shadow of its former self.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #795: Jan 17, 2016 11:02:40 pm

:(

I don't like them, they haunt me.

Migs is at 1.21 saves per goal, almost 50% of shots on target go in, that's diabolical, historically it's not much better over his entire career with us that's what makes it even worse.

What makes it even worse for our lads is that he's only saved 29 shots the entire season (in the league) so we're giving up just over 1 shot per game on target. That is absolutely fantastic in terms of defence, any keeper of any class at all and we'd see an enormous difference with our league position. Probably as much as 12 points difference.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #796: Jan 17, 2016 11:47:54 pm
      We are 8 points off 4th and as long as there are points from future games on the table, it (CL) can be done. 
      But, I think a lot of fans think its now a big ask.  Between now and the season end, we will have some great wins. 
      The problem is we'll probably have some more days like today, where we are the better team but just don't score. 
      Our problem is inconsistency.  We desperately need a striker if Benteke Studge Ings and Origi are not available.
      We fought so well against Arsenal midweek, 3-3. But today it looked a lot different.
      JK will sort it, I have no doubts about that, but it'll be next season before it really shapes up, and we'll see quite a few personnel changes on the way. I can't see Migs being around, nor Lallana next season.  Before then, if Couthino and Sturridge are back and we clear up the injuries.  Who knows?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #797: Jan 18, 2016 12:37:43 am
      Sh*t f**king result, fuming and f**king bitter about it too. That is a dire Manc side and we've failed yet again to beat LVG dog yard tactics.

It doesn't say a great deal about us either - and as the old saying goes, the league table doesn't lie we're 9th for a reason, defeats to the mighty Watford, West Ham and now this sh*t bunch of cu*ts down the road too.

We're simply not good enough and that's all there is to it.

Ratings:

Mignolet: 6. Barely had f**k all to do all game and although I'm sure some f**king idiot on this forum will blame him for not coming off his line doing a cartwheel and double pike to collect the delivery of the corner; he was not at fault for the goal.

Clyne: 6 Pretty solid again. Get's stuck in and uses his upper body weight to muscle out players. Not the best going forward but defensively he's good.

Sahko: 9 MOTM. No doubt. I was harsh on him for his performance against Arsenal but Sahko was a monster today, he won every ball in the air, made a vital block against Martial and won almost every tackle on the ground against the Mancs. Superb & didn't deserve to be on the losing team.

Toure 8: Exceptional performance from Kolo who wasn't far behind Sahko in performances. I don't remember him putting a foot wrong and made some timely tackles.

Moreno: 6 Steady in defense.

Lucas: 7 Best of the trio, did his job well. Read the game and got stuck in.

Can: 6 He blows too hot and cold over 90mins for me. Looks a presence at times and a liability at others. Had a stinging shot saved, made some tackles and huffed and puffed forward with a couple of surging runs. However, he dwells on the ball for too long in the middle sometimes and often gets pick pocketed. Needs to work on his stamina IMO.

Henderson: 5 Shocking performance from the captain of LFC. He gets much love on here and is therefore overrated with it. In the next breath our fans bemoan and question the fact we're ninth in the league - he epitomises our league position. He's an average footballer and today's game highlighted this. When you need your captain to step up Henderson either completely goes missing, or his limited ability is put under the microscope. Today it was the latter, he had a good opportunity to at least test their keeper in the first half, and typically he's like a rabbit caught in the headlights when he has a clear sighter at goal. In games, when chances are few and far between quality players will take those chances, blood rushes to his head and he drags his shot wide. He had another chance in the second half, where he ended a good piece of play from us, with a tame effort into De Gea's arms. Milner out wide was the better option and Jordan should refrain from shooting - Steven Gerrard he is NOT. Not only that, but when the ball is up in the air in the middle of the park being pinged around, and it suddenly drops to Hendo, who has a bit of time. Instead of taking control of the ball the panic for him is set in and he continues to loft it aimlessly into the air again. He becomes overwhelmed against high profile clubs and is often found wanting. Squad player, not a mainstay.

Milner: 6 Similar to Henderson in terms of 'type of player' but this lad really does roll his sleeves up and not worry about how his hair looks. Lost possession here and there,  ran about and worked his socks off. He gives a team steel and industry but not too much else.

Lallana: 5 Again he does pretty much nothing. Like Milner, Henderson and Can, he'll work for the cause in a team but has more technical ability, yet still doesn't put his head above the parapet. He was lightweight again and was brushed off the ball a couple of times, and he tends to slow our attacks down by holding onto the ball too long and going round round doing 360's. Not good enough.

Firmino: 6 Looked quite threatening in the first half, but for me he faded in the second half. He also, happened to have a good sighter on goal for Martial to brush him off too easily making him look like Adam Lallana. Like Henderson, he MUST do better in those situations. Some clever movement but again, turns possession over way to cheaply at times and our attacks break down. Another player who looks as though he's prematurely being hyped up.

Let's face it, we lost to a bunch of mongrels and we're 9th in the league - we are average. End of.

Jürgen has to bring players he want in, not the TC's. Read something that the young midfielder we signed from Red Star was a TC signing, Caulker was too. And if Jürgen continues to let these people sign players for him then he'll fair no better than Rodgers.

« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016 02:19:33 am by Beerbelly »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #798: Jan 18, 2016 01:01:12 am
      Rooney blasts a volley and the ball is travelling what, 75mph over 7 yards? I can't really blame Migs for that goal

Of course not. Although there are plenty of bell whiffs on here who are.  :lmao:

That was the only time our defending let us down. From a corner - yet again!

Mignolet - I don't think did a lot wrong today, maybe because he wasn't asked to do a lot. I think his reputation has earned him criticism for today's goal. If he'd been a boss keeper in his time here, today's goal would of just been brushed off. It would of been, he couldn't do anything with 

Bang on.

Some people are so obsessed by him they can't see the wood for the trees.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2016 02:20:18 am by Beerbelly »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #799: Jan 18, 2016 01:26:43 am
      The most worrying thing out of the interview is the Delli Ali situation. Brendan said that he thought he had him, had spoken to the player and his parents and agreed terms, but then the club couldn't agree the fee. He was 5 million quid FFS! That is a staggering piece of mismanagement, prolly by Ayre.

It's long been suspected this was this case. I admit, at the beginning I wasn't too sure what to make of it but as time has gone on it's become clearer.

These people at the club shouldn't have that much influence - especially now, over Klopp, who is considered world class. He should be able to pick his own players.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #800: Jan 18, 2016 04:48:56 am
      going to make this one short as i am still very much fristrated with todays performance

manutd are a sh*te team with a really sh*te system.  we not only lost to this sh*te team but also lost to them at anfield

we are therefore worst than sh*te right now. 

please klopp do something and help this team heh
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #801: Jan 18, 2016 07:32:03 am
      Difficult to take having battered them for 90 minutes, with the usual suspects singled out for the result. Nobody had an awful game, even if some were better than others. 

Another corner clanger decided it. How 4 (FOUR) players couldn't beat anonymous afro to the header I'll never know. How looney was left unmarked in the box, I'll understand even less. Migs as is standard now, took all the blame.

Despite losing the toss, we played the second half into the Kop. After playing into the Kop in the first half for the two wins in 1995, it's now 20 seasons that we have played into the Kop in the second half of this fixture.

So, Exeter...
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,280 posts | 235 
      Reply #802: Jan 18, 2016 08:24:23 am
      Don't worry we are after Shane Long!

We are desperate for new GK, CB, DM, CMF, LW, RW, CF...

We need all new players in these positions with real quallity, not Lallana type of players. We need stop relying on Sturridge. He is gone. We can't count on him.

We need massive rebuilding again with Klopp first and final say on transfers.
      Redangel

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #803: Jan 18, 2016 08:47:58 am
      Well, today feels as bad, if not worse than yesterday! How we managed to lose to that shower of sh*te is beyond me. They were awful, there for the taking, but we still couldn't beat them, despite battering them for most of the match.
      LVG thinks they can still win the The League. Always thought he was strange, I now think he's totally deluded! Don't care who wins it as long as it's not them!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #804: Jan 18, 2016 09:27:10 am
      Well, today feels as bad, if not worse than yesterday! How we managed to lose to that shower of sh*te is beyond me. They were awful, there for the taking, but we still couldn't beat them, despite battering them for most of the match.
      LVG thinks they can still win the The League. Always thought he was strange, I now think he's totally deluded! Don't care who wins it as long as it's not them!

Adam Lallana and Jordan Henderson need to take a long hard look at themselves. Yesterday they were the two who needed to score in my eyes.

They were both so wasteful.

I've seen better at Sunday league.

F***ing heartbreaking

Quick Reply