Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.6%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      39 (30.2%)
      Kolo Toure
      10 (7.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      26 (20.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.9%)
      Emre Can
      6 (4.7%)
      Roberto Firmino
      33 (25.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      6 (4.7%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: Jan 21, 2016 04:03:11 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate

Read 41257 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Man United: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #667: Jan 17, 2016 04:16:41 pm
      We should start playing some of the kids in the PL now and concentrate all our efforts on the cups starting with Exeter mid week.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #668: Jan 17, 2016 04:16:44 pm
      Thought Firmino played fairly well today, the problem with having someone playing the role he played is you need midfielders runners who know how to finish. Sadly Lallana and Hendo are severely lacking in that department, Adam in particular had a disgraceful performance today.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #669: Jan 17, 2016 04:16:46 pm
      Bit harsh I think mate. We were easily the better side, but without a genuine clinical finisher we are going to be frustrated in a lot of games.

Only Mignolet, Lallana and Can first half were poor imo. Passionless game which surprised me, thought Klopp might have brought a bit more passion to todays game.

Desperately need a goalscorer and maybe we are starting to miss little Coutinho more as the games go by.

Thought Klopp could have changed things before he did as second half we seemed to lose our way a bit and the mancs came into it more.

Kiss top 4 goodbye as that's it for another season. Need to win a cup now.     

Agree Saint.

A fair amount of over reaction in here today.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #670: Jan 17, 2016 04:17:07 pm

Went with Lucas myself, though Sakho and Firmino both had very good games. Thought Lucas was at the origin of everything good we did today.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #671: Jan 17, 2016 04:17:36 pm
      For to long now we have had (with a small few exception) put up with average players simply because they work hard, Lucas Henderson and now Milner. I am no fan of Rafa, but at least most of the players bought in by him had talent and end product, few exceptions (Lucas being one)... We has a club seemed to have moved away from this with many here  to use to mediocrity.... Klopp has his work cut out for him over the next two seasons, but at least he is making the right noises at present
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #672: Jan 17, 2016 04:18:23 pm
      Going by the sentiments here, looks like only Lucas, Sakho and Firmino deserve to stay, the rest will have to be dumped. I won't disagree in anyway. 
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #673: Jan 17, 2016 04:18:29 pm
      Lucas my MoM. Shouts to Firm and Sakho too.
      Can, Milner, Lallana, Ibe, Benteke and that joke in goal can all f**king leg it. No where near good enough

I don't think Milner deserves to be included with those mate. He battled, ran, tackled, put a couple of good crosses in and did ok for me. He is never going to be a great passer or great creative influence, he is what he is.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #674: Jan 17, 2016 04:18:29 pm

Gave can motm only for the reason he came closest to scoring with his two attempts. Nobody stood out for me today.

Can MOTM?

Wow, just wow!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #675: Jan 17, 2016 04:18:46 pm
      Went for Sakho as MOTM, thought he did well, got stuck in and looked strong.
      Defense I actually thought did well. Apart from the corner obviously.

Lucas did well enough, but imo when he is in the side, we play with a slower tempo. I wouldn't have started him today. Hendo ended up on the side quite a bit, did OK, fu**ed up a lot of goal chances. Can and Milner OK, Lallana anonymous -poor today, Firmino did well enought but could've been stronger when put through and Martial eased him out.

Again, we didn't deserve to loose the game, but the ball has to go in the net. Injuries are impacting, but depending on Firmino to score consistently isn't fair ... that's what recognised strikers are supposed to do :(

But surely that part of the problem Firminio do not score consistently
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #676: Jan 17, 2016 04:19:42 pm
      I don't think Milner deserves to be included with those mate. He battled, ran, tackled, put a couple of good crosses in and did ok for me. He is never going to be a great passer or great creative influence, he is what he is.

Again agree.

He's not in the side to be a creative spark.

Done his job well today
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #677: Jan 17, 2016 04:20:00 pm
      Going by the sentiments here, looks like only Lucas, Sakho and Firmino deserve to stay, the rest will have to be dumped. I won't disagree in anyway. 

Toure and Moreno didn't do much wrong.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #678: Jan 17, 2016 04:21:19 pm

Must be mad. Can is too slow in his thinking. he thinks he's Beckenbauser in his mind, but his feet are more  like Frank Spencer. He plays as though he has deep sea diver's boots on.

One of my unfavourite players, Joe Allen is a better player that Can.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #679: Jan 17, 2016 04:22:08 pm

Gave can motm only for the reason he came closest to scoring with his two attempts. Nobody stood out for me today.

Scarey thought he was anonymous today, Toure os Sakho for me

[/quote]

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #680: Jan 17, 2016 04:22:22 pm
      All are better than what we have Sturrigde and Coutinho a side
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #681: Jan 17, 2016 04:22:37 pm

Not getting the criticism for Milner either. I thought he did some excellent pressing/defensive work. Linked up well with Henderson on a couple of occasions as well but did lack end product. He did play a bit more advanced than he is used to but that is more down to the sheer impotence of Ibe on Wednesday, and even then, Milner did ten times the work Ibe did (who needs to get his finger out of his arse instead of strolling like an idle prat of which he did on a couple of occasions when he came on).

Unfortuantely I think Lallana's uselessness has been so much that Milner has also copped a lot of his incompetence.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #682: Jan 17, 2016 04:23:10 pm
      I disagree about having to change the whole team etc...

IMO we'd just need two changes from this team to be in competition for the league : one fit Sturridge level fast and technical finisher (be it himself or someone new) and a decent goalkeeper.

Midfield was fine (look possession),  defense was fine (Fellaini is one of the best headers in the league, it's to be expected if he succeeds to take the ball on corner once in a while... what isn't to be expected is them scoring from that on their only occasion after beating the gk *two times* in one action), attack just lacked a finisher adapted to how we play,.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #683: Jan 17, 2016 04:23:46 pm
      Time to forget about the league for this year, we are far to inconsistent to get 4th. We need to focus on the cups and start playing the youngsters in the league, not en masse but start blooding them and see who makes the grade. Then in the summer massive clearout, we need to get some quality into the team which means that the vast majority of our current players need to leave.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #684: Jan 17, 2016 04:24:13 pm
      Daylight robbery that result.

We were the better side by a mile.
      They were a joke - did absolutely nothing all game, and then stole it thanks to our obligatory concession from a set piece.

Why Hendo was marking Fellaini I dont know, and yeah Mignolet might have saved Rooney's shot.
      And yes, again our lack of cutting edge up front, and lack of composure from our midfielders in front of goal ( Can excepted today - couple of good efforts from him) cost us.

But F***ing hell, there is no way we deserved to lose that game. We were FAR the better side.
      We worked our arses off, our pressing was very good and really nullified them, and we created far, far more than they did.

Jürgen now has a big challenge in keeping the players heads up for the rest of the league season, cos top 4 is very unlikely now.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #685: Jan 17, 2016 04:24:18 pm
      Bit harsh I think mate. We were easily the better side, but without a genuine clinical finisher we are going to be frustrated in a lot of games.

Only Mignolet, Lallana and Can first half were poor imo. Passionless game which surprised me, thought Klopp might have brought a bit more passion to todays game.

Desperately need a goalscorer and maybe we are starting to miss little Coutinho more as the games go by.

Thought Klopp could have changed things before he did as second half we seemed to lose our way a bit and the mancs came into it more.

Kiss top 4 goodbye as that's it for another season. Need to win a cup now.     

I'm basing my ratings on the crap that we played against mate.

Milner/Henderson/Can/Lallana all should impose themselves on this game so much more than they did. They were given time and space, they were given opportunities to score and they simply couldn't do it.

Can redeemed himself a bit with a decent 2nd half performance, the other 3 simply didn't.

Mignolet is a lost cause.

I would be surprised if any of the above survive too many transfer windows.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #686: Jan 17, 2016 04:24:25 pm
      Now that the league is over let's start seeing more of Ojo and Kent.

Lallana has had his chance let him go back to Southampton and resurrect his career.

Couldn't care less where Milner goes!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #687: Jan 17, 2016 04:24:27 pm
      That was a bad scum side and we should have beat them . As i said before the game the difference would be the goalies . their defence is as bad as our own and we had more chances and Degea with a great stop to deny . 
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #688: Jan 17, 2016 04:24:56 pm

Four players getting beat on Fellaini's header. Four. That's not from coaching. That's just from being sh*t.

Half decent argument for zonal marking that one.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #689: Jan 17, 2016 04:25:13 pm
      Better sides rarely win you games these days, it's all about scoring one goal more than your opponent.

Quick Reply