Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Read 87684 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)
      Jan 21, 2016 09:04:43 am
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2016 12:26:07 pm by RedPuppy, Reason: Spelling of FC Shakhtar Donetsk »
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Re: Alex Teixeira - Shaktar Donetsk
      Reply #1: Jan 21, 2016 09:08:18 am

According to Wikipedia he's scored 22 in 15 league games this season. 😳
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Jan 21, 2016 09:10:45 am
      Big hero of mine this lad....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #3: Jan 21, 2016 09:13:05 am
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #4: Jan 21, 2016 09:25:31 am
      I dont know much about the lad except he looked decent in the CL a couple of times I have seen him but 22 goals this season from a AM is impressive when you bear in mind we have netted only 25!

If nothing else it should stop Saint and FL moaning that we are not signing anyone in this window  :)
      FanBoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 21, 2016 09:28:59 am
      He looks a very decent addition. Watch Chelsea swoop.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6: Jan 21, 2016 09:30:14 am
      I dont know much about the lad except he looked decent in the CL a couple of times I have seen him but 22 goals this season from a AM is impressive when you bear in mind we have netted only 25!

If nothing else it should stop Saint and FL moaning that we are not signing anyone in this window  :)

Nah mate, I want a clinical striker and a winger.  Obvious that Jürgen has asked for the same and the Transfer committee have tried to combine the two and offered him another attacking midfielder instead. :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #7: Jan 21, 2016 09:35:24 am
      Nah mate, I want a clinical striker and a winger.  Obvious that Jürgen has asked for the same and the Transfer committee have tried to combine the two and offered him another attacking midfielder instead. :)

He might not be an out and out winger but from the numbers he seems clinical, yeah I know its the Ukrainian league.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #8: Jan 21, 2016 09:40:27 am
      Never heard of him, but more mates for Coutinho is always a good thing.  Need to have everything in our favour to keep him when the likes of Barca come calling.  More Brazilian mates is a definite plus.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #9: Jan 21, 2016 09:47:40 am

;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10: Jan 21, 2016 09:52:53 am
      He might not be an out and out winger but from the numbers he seems clinical, yeah I know its the Ukrainian league.

26 Years old ,never played for Brazil (who hand out caps for toffee in friendlies) , but Coutinho has 12 caps, Firmino has 11, makes you wonder why Teixeira doesn't have any?

Probably score more than Lallana. Not sure attacking midfield is the first place I would be looking to strengthen although we do need more goals from that area. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: Jan 21, 2016 10:04:46 am
      26 Years old ,never played for Brazil (who hand out caps for toffee in friendlies) , but Coutinho has 12 caps, Firmino has 11, makes you wonder why Teixeira doesn't have any?

Probably score more than Lallana. Not sure attacking midfield is the first place I would be looking to strengthen although we do need more goals from that area. 

Similar to Willian. Had 4 caps (2 year wait in between 2011 and 2013) before signing for Chelsea.

Never seen him play other than UCL Highlights. Impressive record. A lot of money. If Jürgen wants him, get him.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #12: Jan 21, 2016 10:07:36 am
      Never heard of him, but more mates for Coutinho is always a good thing.  Need to have everything in our favour to keep him when the likes of Barca come calling.  More Brazilian mates is a definite plus.

So working on your theory, had we had a few more Uruguayan's in the squad, Luis would have stayed ?  :mad:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Re: Alex Teixeira (Shaktar Donetsk)
      Reply #13: Jan 21, 2016 10:13:05 am
      Come from nowhere this hasn't it.

All those months of papers pumping out names - had anyone linked us with him before today?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #14: Jan 21, 2016 10:16:41 am
      Similar to Willian. Had 4 caps (2 year wait in between 2011 and 2013) before signing for Chelsea.

Never seen him play other than UCL Highlights. Impressive record. A lot of money. If Jürgen wants him, get him.

Apparently Chelsea have decided they prefer Pato to him, which I find somewhat worry-some.

I have never seen him play either mate...

Mickiwahatsisname scored a lot of goals for them from attacking midfield, maybe that's the way they play ? 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15: Jan 21, 2016 10:16:56 am

Playing in Ukraine can be problematic for your national team career if you haven't built a big name for you before leaving, and Teixeira left the country very early.

He was decent for Vasco at the time (same club Coutinho used to play for) but I never thought he would amount to much, especially after he disappeared from the headlines around here playing in Ukraine. However I used to think the exact same thing with Willian, who was also technically very good but too predictable as a youngster. Willian became a much better player than I expected playing for Shakthar and it seems to be a similar case with Alex Teixeira, but I haven't seen him play with any regularity in over 5 years so I can't be sure

Also... I was expecting us to go big for a striker, not another attacking midfielder... but I'll have to trust the manager
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #16: Jan 21, 2016 10:18:17 am
      Come from nowhere this hasn't it.

All those months of papers pumping out names - had anyone linked us with him before today?

I think it's because we wouldn't compete with Chelsea (obviously) but now Chelsea are looking elsewhere we can have a go ... before we sign someone off Southampton.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #17: Jan 21, 2016 10:19:24 am

Brazil are coached by an idiot

At Shaktar
      Willian 140 games and 22 goals
      Tex     146 games and 67 goals

if Jürgen wants him thats all that matters.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18: Jan 21, 2016 10:19:38 am
      He looks a very decent addition. Watch Chelsea swoop.

May be not. Looks like Pato is headed to the Shed, plus Hiddink probably believes Hazard and Pedro would come around soon.

Ayre has flown to their Florida camp, we are probably very serious and mean business. Klopp would have given a damning verdict to the owners on the current state of our attack plus his frustrations over injuries to Studge, Ings and Origi, and may be still believes the top-4 is attainable.

Hope things click and this happens asap! Ayre would propose his usual formula of some upfront cash plus a series of add-ons to come close to their asking price
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2016 10:33:58 am by Vicks86 »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #19: Jan 21, 2016 10:27:49 am
      if Jürgen wants him thats all that matters.

If? For £25million he had better bloody want him!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #20: Jan 21, 2016 10:29:38 am
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jan 21, 2016 10:34:17 am
      Apparently Chelsea have decided they prefer Pato to him, which I find somewhat worry-some.

I have never seen him play either mate...

Mickiwahatsisname scored a lot of goals for them from attacking midfield, maybe that's the way they play ? 

Maybe just don't want to spend that much. Who knows? They did have to fork out a bit to sack Jose ;D :D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #22: Jan 21, 2016 10:34:43 am

You caught me at the testing stage mate. I did add more. 

Quick Reply