Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)

Read 87668 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Alex Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)
      Reply #1012: Feb 05, 2016 08:57:57 am
      F**k him, we don't need this type of mercenaries.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1013: Feb 05, 2016 09:27:09 am
      Only interested in the money? Ah f*** that I'm glad we missed out on him then. We only want players at Liverpool who don't give a f*** about money, the kind of guys who are prepared to play for nothing just for the glory of wearing the shirt. Maybe we ought to start recruiting the squad from off the forum, we wouldn't be very good but f*** me we'd be passionate.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #1014: Feb 05, 2016 09:38:11 am
      So, if true, he was only coming here for the money.

Should be up for an Oscar for that acting.

You say this like you genuinely believed he loved Liverpool and really wanted to come here ;D. Don't be so gullible to what these players say or do, the man is from Brazil so him having love for LFC is like the love you have for Sao Paulo which my guess will be zil to none. He so us as a escape from worn torn Ukraine and a massive pay day, its exactly how see's this club in China
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #1015: Feb 05, 2016 09:39:49 am
      Only interested in the money? Ah f*** that I'm glad we missed out on him then. We only want players at Liverpool who don't give a f*** about money, the kind of guys who are prepared to play for nothing just for the glory of wearing the shirt. Maybe we ought to start recruiting the squad from off the forum, we wouldn't be very good but f*** me we'd be passionate.

Guess we need to cull half  of the squad then, them players are few and far between these days. Very sad day and age if you ask me
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1016: Feb 05, 2016 09:47:08 am
      Dodged a bullet here then. Only cares about money. If he was a success at Liverpool he would have been at United the season after.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1017: Feb 05, 2016 09:54:51 am
      Dodged a bullet here then. Only cares about money. If he was a success at Liverpool he would have been at United the season after.

Good on Ian Ayre for going in with the low balls or whatever the phrase is. Smoked the greedy little f***** out, turns out as long as he got a pay rise he weren't too fussed who he played for. What we ought to do when we speak to these guys is ask them as a first question, "who did you used to support when you were a small boy?". That ought to do it.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #1018: Feb 05, 2016 10:00:58 am

Dodged a bullet, yes! But doesn't conceal the appalling strategy our committee has been following..

Strategy being not undervaluing a player with the hope of further negotiations or meeting his club's asking price but about drawing alternatives and quickly moving on, if we hit a dead end with a blank wall!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1019: Feb 05, 2016 10:16:41 am

We haven't dodged anything. It was never about the player, it was about the transfer and the typical way we went in with a lowball offer, fu**ed around for a week then found we had no Plan B. It's the story of life under FSG.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1020: Feb 05, 2016 10:48:23 am
      I suppose with all this new Chinese money sloshing around there is still hope we could a decent return back on Benteke and Lallana  ;)

Edit : Ballotelli for £25M come on China you know you want him at the inventors of fireworks!
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,181 posts | 832 
      Reply #1021: Feb 05, 2016 10:51:42 am
      I suppose with all this new Chinese money sloshing around there is still hope we could a decent return back on Benteke and Lallana  ;)

Someone should send an email with Benteke's profile to that chinese team.

Pretty sure they would be interested

:D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1022: Feb 05, 2016 11:13:39 am
      Difficult to condemn him, we didn't offed the money and another club did. Of course now he's just messing about for a living now and he will never challenge himself week in week out while he remains there, but that's entirely up to him.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1023: Feb 05, 2016 12:01:09 pm
      Gone for a take away 

Locked.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843