Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      8 (4.9%)
      Emre Can
      2 (1.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      7 (4.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      101 (61.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      39 (23.8%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Steven Caulker
      4 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2016 03:07:41 pm

Norwich 4-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chest Problems

Read 37135 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Norwich 4-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chest Problems
      Reply #1058: Jan 24, 2016 01:20:43 pm
      Still fuming with Moreno I know we won and I was over the moon. However he has been giving away goals since he joined he is brainless. I think papering over the huge cracks is not going to make this season a happy one.
      With the Injuries, lack of decent striker force and lack of quality in the squad in General This season is already a bust. the only thing we can hope for is a good signing or two in this window and a spot in Europe to help with summer signings. This season now is all about Klopp seeing who he needs to replace in the summer
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1059: Jan 24, 2016 01:26:19 pm
      FFS  Why didnt we nab Austin.  They are the ones to get . He was right under our nose.

Effing Transfer committee is why
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1060: Jan 24, 2016 01:36:54 pm
      Add that to another Liverpool classic. How the F**k can a game of such sh*t quality end up with 9 goals? Who cares. We won, another belter. Might not be good for the heart and nerves but we got the result in the end. Started a boss weekend.

We didn't really play well by any means. But we got the three points and ultimately that's all that counts. Didn't give up, kept going to the last second. That's the sort of fight is what's been missing for a lot of our games. Can't say I was overboard on the throwing the shirts into the crowd at the end. A last second winner against some mickey mouse team to move 7th is not really the time to start making out like we've achieved anything. We should of twatted Norwich comfortably, so carrying on like that with a last second winner isn't throw your shirt into the crowd time. Relief yeah.

We are defensively sh*t. As a whole team, not just the defenders but the entire team are inept.

Mignolet - considering we conceded four, I don't think Simple Simon had that bad a game. The goals, I don't feel he was at fault for them - or certainly not the main culprit. He's still not the answer but yesterday wasn't his worst game in a Liverpool shirt.

Clyne - again, despite conceding four, I don't think Clyne was that bad. Wasn't great but probably our best defender yesterday. Still struggles going forward. Has our squad forgot you're allowed to go on the overlap? The amount of times the right winger has the ball and Clyne just stands there, or vice versa. When Clyne had it yesterday, Milner/Ibe constantly just standing twenty yards behind him while he's up against two defenders.

Toure - started ok but steadily got worse, losing far too many headers. I know that Norwich centre forward is a big f**ker but surely our centre halves should know how to deal with that - mind you, we've always struggled with that type. He bullied Toure and Sakho.

Sakho - the only good thing I can say about his performance yesterday is it wasn't quite as bad as his one against Watford.

Moreno - was F***ing shocking. Didn't have a clue half the time. Idiotic decision on the penalty, what the F**k was he doing? Always in trouble yesterday, Norwich clearly targeted our left hand side and it worked wonders for them.

Lucas - I can't recall him doing anything, other than one boss pass over the top. I gave him man of the match for the United game last Sunday but yesterday was just invisible.

Henderson - took his goal well, could of easily belted that over the bar given his erratic nature in front of goal but it was a good finish. Pity he did very little else. I've come to the conclusion that alongside a world class central midfielder, Henderson is more than good enough. But when the responsibility of being that world class central midfielder falls on him, he comes up short.

Can't - I've put him in the Lallana category now, F**k commenting on him because he's sh*t. First out the door in the summer.

Ibe - one F***ing boss run in the opening minutes, then the next time I saw him he was sulking on the bench.

Milner - like Henderson, took his goal well enough - after F***ing up a similar chance in the first half - but his all round game wasn't good enough. And truth be told, it hasn't been since the day he arrived. Lots of huffing and puffing with little to no end product.

Firmino - had a decent game, was quiet for large periods but when he was involved he troubled Norwich. Another two very well taken goals and playing up front, he'll be judged on the goals he scores. Rightfully getting the man of the match vote from people.

Lallana - I'll comment on him yesterday. I saw him have two touches and both ended in goals. One for Firmino's second and of course his dramatic winner.

Benteke - one ball went into the box while he was on, he won it, we scored from it. Apart from that, and some F***ing nonsensical dallying on the right side of the box, Benny did very little. But as I've always said with him, throw the ball in the box and he'll win headers. We just don't do it enough.

Caulker - signing of the season isn't he? Throw him on for a few minutes, cause havoc in the opposition box and get last gasp goals. Had a boss volley blocked in the lead up to Lallana's winner. Whatever people wanna say about the signing, nobody can deny that Caulker has done a job for us whenever he's been asked to.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #1061: Jan 24, 2016 01:59:59 pm
      Add that to another Liverpool classic. How the f**k can a game of such sh*t quality end up with 9 goals? Who cares. We won, another belter. Might not be good for the heart and nerves but we got the result in the end. Started a boss weekend.

We didn't really play well by any means. But we got the three points and ultimately that's all that counts. Didn't give up, kept going to the last second. That's the sort of fight is what's been missing for a lot of our games. Can't say I was overboard on the throwing the shirts into the crowd at the end. A last second winner against some mickey mouse team to move 7th is not really the time to start making out like we've achieved anything. We should of twatted Norwich comfortably, so carrying on like that with a last second winner isn't throw your shirt into the crowd time. Relief yeah.

We are defensively sh*t. As a whole team, not just the defenders but the entire team are inept.

Mignolet - considering we conceded four, I don't think Simple Simon had that bad a game. The goals, I don't feel he was at fault for them - or certainly not the main culprit. He's still not the answer but yesterday wasn't his worst game in a Liverpool shirt.

Clyne - again, despite conceding four, I don't think Clyne was that bad. Wasn't great but probably our best defender yesterday. Still struggles going forward. Has our squad forgot you're allowed to go on the overlap? The amount of times the right winger has the ball and Clyne just stands there, or vice versa. When Clyne had it yesterday, Milner/Ibe constantly just standing twenty yards behind him while he's up against two defenders.

Toure - started ok but steadily got worse, losing far too many headers. I know that Norwich centre forward is a big f**ker but surely our centre halves should know how to deal with that - mind you, we've always struggled with that type. He bullied Toure and Sakho.

Sakho - the only good thing I can say about his performance yesterday is it wasn't quite as bad as his one against Watford.

Moreno - was f**king shocking. Didn't have a clue half the time. Idiotic decision on the penalty, what the f**k was he doing? Always in trouble yesterday, Norwich clearly targeted our left hand side and it worked wonders for them.

Lucas - I can't recall him doing anything, other than one boss pass over the top. I gave him man of the match for the United game last Sunday but yesterday was just invisible.

Henderson - took his goal well, could of easily belted that over the bar given his erratic nature in front of goal but it was a good finish. Pity he did very little else. I've come to the conclusion that alongside a world class central midfielder, Henderson is more than good enough. But when the responsibility of being that world class central midfielder falls on him, he comes up short.

Can't - I've put him in the Lallana category now, f**k commenting on him because he's sh*t. First out the door in the summer.

Ibe - one f**king boss run in the opening minutes, then the next time I saw him he was sulking on the bench.

Milner - like Henderson, took his goal well enough - after f**king up a similar chance in the first half - but his all round game wasn't good enough. And truth be told, it hasn't been since the day he arrived. Lots of huffing and puffing with little to no end product.

Firmino - had a decent game, was quiet for large periods but when he was involved he troubled Norwich. Another two very well taken goals and playing up front, he'll be judged on the goals he scores. Rightfully getting the man of the match vote from people.

Lallana - I'll comment on him yesterday. I saw him have two touches and both ended in goals. One for Firmino's second and of course his dramatic winner.

Benteke - one ball went into the box while he was on, he won it, we scored from it. Apart from that, and some f**king nonsensical dallying on the right side of the box, Benny did very little. But as I've always said with him, throw the ball in the box and he'll win headers. We just don't do it enough.

Caulker - signing of the season isn't he? Throw him on for a few minutes, cause havoc in the opposition box and get last gasp goals. Had a boss volley blocked in the lead up to Lallana's winner. Whatever people wanna say about the signing, nobody can deny that Caulker has done a job for us whenever he's been asked to.

So you dont enjoy a good game of ball every now and then. Slate the players all you  like but every now and then a cracker turns up and maybe you should just enjoy it for the entertainment value. It's still 3 pts won at the end of the day too.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1062: Jan 24, 2016 02:06:49 pm

Can't say I was overboard on the throwing the shirts into the crowd at the end. A last second winner against some mickey mouse team to move 7th is not really the time to start making out like we've achieved anything. We should of twatted Norwich comfortably, so carrying on like that with a last second winner isn't throw your shirt into the crowd time. Relief yeah.

Ok so methinks Jürgen is getting some Borrussia  stuff going here with the crowd stuff.

We are defensively sh*t.   
      Thats still there two years on.  The legacy remains.

We let in 4 goals. 
      Nothing clever in that.

23 games in.   Goal difference  already at 32 against.
      Thats Rodger's statistic territory but at the end of the day still Rodger's team.

Or defence.

Or lack of it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #1063: Jan 24, 2016 02:57:07 pm
      Watched the full recording of the game when I got home yesterday, then the highlites on MOTD.
      Lost for words really. Small lots of great footy, some decent finishing, appalling defending,
      And so many periods of the play where players on the ball had little or no support and lost possession. Loads of running into the opposition when a lay off was possible two strides earlier.
      Strangest game I've watched, being played by 'top draw' professionals. By both sides at that.
      Just glad we came away with 3 points.
      Think we need to put this one behind us, thank our lucky stars and move on.
      Thank you charle Austin, and also hope Swans continue with their recent revival .
      On to Stoke now and a stinking big fat home win please !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1064: Jan 24, 2016 03:28:30 pm
      Ok so methinks Jürgen is getting some Borrussia  stuff going here with the crowd stuff.

We are defensively sh*t.   
      Thats still there two years on.  The legacy remains.

We let in 4 goals. 
      Nothing clever in that.

23 games in.   Goal difference  already at 32 against.
      Thats Rodger's statistic territory but at the end of the day still Rodger's team.

Or defence.

Or lack of it.

Yeah I agree - it's clear that Jürgen is workin on carving a relationship between player and supporter. Not buying all this Sensitive Sally stuff over players not allowed to celebrate/throw shirts into the crowd at the end.

Are they only allowed to do it against Man Utd or these other big game events? F**k that for Big Game Charlies.

To fuse a relationship between the fans Jürgen knows that it has to happen as much during a last gasp victory over Norwich as a comprehensive beating of the Mancs. He's realised UNLIKE 99% of the rest that you don't pick and choose when to recognise the fans ie when you secure a great win. Him leading the team in a linked arms salute to the fans against West Brom was fantastic. Not because we secured a mere draw but because it was what the fans deserved because they drove the team on throughout that second half. It's about making the fans realise their contribution of which Klopp seems to be the first manager to recognise just how important they are in breeding a culture of success.

And besides - the supporters deserved the players shirts yesterday win or lose. The travelling Kop were utterly superb once again, it was the least they deserved. It's those little acts of gratitude which will spark the fire in the supporters belly. There's nothing more feared in world football than a Liverpool support that feels valued and realises their role as the twelfth man. Sad to see that some fans don't recognise that Jürgen is doing it for our benefit.
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2016 05:27:54 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #1065: Jan 24, 2016 03:45:46 pm
      Although defence played shockingly poor ( once again  ) winning 5  4 makes exhilarating football. Unlike the boring stuff served up at OT.  Managing the present Liverpool side, surely should come with a health warning to say the least.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1066: Jan 24, 2016 04:54:35 pm
      Can't - I've put him in the Lallana category now, f**k commenting on him because he's sh*t. First out the door in the summer.

Gotta say never seen anything close to this from any poster on this board, in fact quite the opposite.

Shocked to see this on a 22 year old with obvious talent.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1067: Jan 24, 2016 04:59:56 pm
      Yeah I agree - it's clear that Jürgen is workin on carving a relationship between player and supporter. Not buying all this Sensitive Sally stuff over players not allowed to celebrate/throw shirts into the crowd at the end.

Are they only allowed to do it against Man Utd or these other big game events? F**k that for Big Game Charlie's.

To fuse a relationship between the fans Jürgen knows that it has to happen as much during a last gasp victory over Norwich as a comprehensive beating of the Mancs. He's realised UNLIKE 99% of the rest that you don't pick and choose when to recognise the fans ie when you secure a great win. Him leading the team in a linked arms salute to the fans against West Brom was fantastic. Not because we secured a mere draw but because it was what the fans deserved because they drove the team on throughout that second half. It's about making the fans realise their contribution of which Klopp seems to be the first manager to recognise just how important they are in breeding a culture of success.

And besides - the supporters deserved the players shirts yesterday win or lose. The travelling Kop were utterly superb once again, it was the least they deserved. It's those little acts of gratitude which will spark the fire in the supporters belly. There's nothing more feared in world football than a Liverpool support that feels valued and realises their role as the twelfth man. Sad to see that some fans don't recognise that Jürgen is doing it for our benefit.

Bang on mate and you never know at some point it might encourage some of these miserable tw*ts to actually get behind the team in those not so big games and get the atmosphere going again.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1068: Jan 24, 2016 05:01:18 pm

Are they only allowed to do it against Man Utd or these other big game events? F**k that for Big Game Charlie's.

Bang on mate and you never know at some point it might encourage some of these miserable tw*ts to actually get behind the team in those not so big games and get the atmosphere going again.

Spot on fellas.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 342 
      Reply #1069: Jan 24, 2016 05:53:42 pm

I think the shirt throwing was in response to Lallana's shirt-removing celebration and as such showed the players identifying with their match-winner and having a laugh about it.  So to me it was a bit of team-bonding banter as well as an acknowledgement of the fans - and I haven't seen enough of that spontaneity from the team.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #1070: Jan 24, 2016 06:45:51 pm
      Just read that we have conceded to our opponents first shot on target in every league gAme this year.....
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1071: Jan 24, 2016 07:54:39 pm
      Just read that we have conceded to our opponents first shot on target in every league gAme this year.....
      Keep that quiet, news like that leads to contract extensions.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #1072: Jan 24, 2016 07:58:52 pm
      Quote from mcarz
      I'm guesing Sky Sports don't want to promote BT Sport in anyway as they've chosen the Palace - Spurs game as game of the day :D

Probably more to do with rights, but in any case, they can only show highlights from the 3pm games at that time. Technically afaik they're not supposed to show any highlights at all, until they have been broadcast on MOTD.

Last time we won 5-4 I think, was at Leeds in the 1991 title run in, during Moran's time in charge. It may not have been quite as dramatic, we were 4-0 up at half time and until 20 minutes to go. While the defence gradually disintegrated after letting the first in, Barnes got the winner.

Then as now, we were away to a promoted side. Technically it was a very poor game, but for entertainment and excitement, it was something else. It will go down as BT's version of the Newcastle game twenty years ago. I'm sure they'll be showing re-runs of it for years to come.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #1073: Jan 25, 2016 07:55:53 am
      Probably more to do with rights, but in any case, they can only show highlights from the 3pm games at that time. Technically afaik they're not supposed to show any highlights at all, until they have been broadcast on MOTD.

Last time we won 5-4 I think, was at Leeds in the 1991 title run in, during Moran's time in charge. It may not have been quite as dramatic, we were 4-0 up at half time and until 20 minutes to go. While the defence gradually disintegrated after letting the first in, Barnes got the winner.

Then as now, we were away to a promoted side. Technically it was a very poor game, but for entertainment and excitement, it was something else. It will go down as BT's version of the Newcastle game twenty years ago. I'm sure they'll be showing re-runs of it for years to come.

Correct on the Leeds game. I was there that day. From what I remember it was a very windy Elland Road, and once Leeds got there first goal we did indeed crumble. Lee Chapman ran us ragged, but thank god for Digger.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1074: Jan 25, 2016 10:10:14 am
      Have the MOTD highlights saved and have watched them loads of times already and will again today and tomorrow... Unbelievable end to the game, they equalize, Klopp going crazy on the bench, then we score, and Klopp is up and running and everyone is jumping into the huddle. It is all a bit 'we just won the CL final' but I'm really glad to see winning meaning so much to them, and the spirit it shows between manager and players. And when a nuts game like that comes along, as it does only occasionally, and you sneak it, you just have to put the bad stuff aside and enjoy winning in such a dramatic way :)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1075: Jan 25, 2016 12:36:43 pm
      Klopp made a really good observation noting that we defended the first phase of set pieces really well but it was the second phase where we just collapsed because we weren't advancing out or attacking the second ball giving Norwich free reign to punt it in again. As he said, it's mentality where we're staying back because we have no trust in ourselves that the danger is clear giving us a false sense of security as the danger is only increasing if we're not advancing in the second phase.

The ball watching of 2nd balls is frightening. Rooney's goal last week, 4 or 5 red shirts just watched it hit the bar then fall to rooney, all stood like statues.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1076: Jan 25, 2016 12:41:01 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1077: Jan 25, 2016 02:26:59 pm
      Keep that quiet, news like that leads to contract extensions.

;D :-)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1078: Jan 25, 2016 03:27:25 pm

"Can" is pronounced "Chan" so by calling him "Can't" you're really just calling him "Chant" ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #1079: Jan 25, 2016 04:10:00 pm
      "Can" is pronounced "Chan" so by calling him "Can't" you're really just calling him "Chant" ;D

Yeah but it does work more as a visual joke to be fair!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1080: Jan 25, 2016 04:26:49 pm
      Yeah but it does work more as a visual joke to be fair!!

It does, to be fair.

Quick Reply