Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      44 (28.8%)
      Jon Flanagan
      39 (25.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      18 (11.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.7%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.7%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      13 (8.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      28 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: Jan 30, 2016 10:42:26 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Stoke (1-1 aet) [6-5 on pens]: In game and Post Match Wemberleeee!

Read 42085 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Stoke (1-1 aet) [6-5 on pens]: In game and Post Match Wemberleeee!
      Reply #1035: Jan 26, 2016 10:51:54 pm
      Jürgen 'I don't care who we meet we will win the cup' !

Can't beat that kind of confidence, win or lose that's how you have to approach it.

Glowing words for the City too, genuine words too, top man.

Well in Jürgen.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Stoke (1-1 aet) [6-5 on pens]: In game and Post Match Wemberleeee!
      Reply #1036: Jan 26, 2016 10:51:59 pm
      Said it elsewhere, but he built his team on Afellay, Bojan, Shaqiri and Arnautovic. All rejects from previous and "big" clubs. Massive credit to him.

Yeah he has done a good job, he is also still reaping the benefits of following Pulis in that he has a side who are strong, very well drilled defensively and very dangerous at set pieces. Be interesting to see if he can maintain it a year from now. Martinez walked into a similar situation at Everton but he has now managed to undo all the good habits they had under Smeagol and now they're leaking goals like a classic Martinez side. We Definately want the blue noses in the final.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #1037: Jan 26, 2016 10:52:00 pm
      Klopp "I dont care who we get in the final. we will win the cup" haha
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1532 
      Reply #1038: Jan 26, 2016 10:52:35 pm
      Pretty poor game, we weren't any worse than them. They came to do a job, and done it pretty well.
      We got through in the end, Flanno MOTM for me. Hardly put a foot wrong, and for a first game back, was immense.
      And well done to the worst Keeper in the league, for two great penno saves. (Even though I haven't seen them yet.) And of course the penno takers.
      Don't really care who we play, but would be good to have an all merseyside final.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1039: Jan 26, 2016 10:53:07 pm

I thought he was poor and lucky not to be sent off. Thought Kolo and Mignolet were the only people in the defence/back four to come out with any credit.

No chance mate.

You must be drunk...

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #1040: Jan 26, 2016 10:53:41 pm
      Somebody post the post match interviews. These fuckers are talking shitt in the studio rather then interviews.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1041: Jan 26, 2016 10:54:16 pm
      its the start of a journey with Jürgen coming in when confidence is on the floor with players who he can't change with a horrific injury list and here we are in a Wembley final ,WINNERS ARE WINNERS and Jürgen is a WINNER
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1042: Jan 26, 2016 10:54:28 pm
      I gave my MOTM to Milner, I thought he absolutely worked his socks off, never stopped and stood well at RB for the last 20 and took responsibility for the 5th penalty and despatched it. I could just as easily have given it Lucas (possibly should have now I think back)

Hats off to Joe Allen, once again he was excellent when he came on, so much crisper on the ball than the rest of our midfield. Surely he deserves a couple of starts in the league Jürgen?

Great to have Flanno back, some good some bad, I'm not sure he deserves the MOTM but he did well and he will only improve.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1043: Jan 26, 2016 10:55:17 pm
      No chance mate.

You must be drunk...

Flanno was outstanding not even allowing for being out for an age. I guess everyone has an opinion
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1044: Jan 26, 2016 10:55:29 pm
      F***ing yes!!!!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1045: Jan 26, 2016 10:56:18 pm
      I gave my MOTM to Milner, I ought he absolutely worked his socks off, never stopped and stood well at RB for the last 20 and took responsibility for the 5th penalty and despatched it. I could just as easily have given it Lucas (possibly should have now I think back)

Hats off to Joe Allen, once again he was excellent when he came on, so much crisper on the ball than the rest of our midfield. Surely he deserves a couple of starts in the league Jürgen?

I'd probably give it to Lucas on balance Scott. I honestly don't think Milner was that good on the night, opinions eh? Allen was superb as was Flanno.

Henderson and Can are very lucky to be starting and should feel the heat of the Pirlo on their back that's without question.

I also think Moreno should be starting to think his place is severely under threat because he's looking completely brainless out there at the moment.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #1046: Jan 26, 2016 10:56:46 pm
      anybody know where i can watch post match interviews?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,023 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1047: Jan 26, 2016 10:56:49 pm
      Mignolet will get all the plaudits going, rightfully so for his two quality saves. But we took some F***ing belting penalties in that shoot-out.

I can't be arsed going through individual performances because I don't wanna look at players being poor tonight, we're going to Wembley and that's enough to erase the sh*t performances from many tonight.

Well done Reds. Go and win our 9th League Cup. Go and extend our lead as England's most successful club. Really am delighted right now. People knock this competition but it still gets this sort of passion and reaction out of me. Boss.

Thank you Reds!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1048: Jan 26, 2016 10:57:06 pm
      I gave my MOTM to Milner, I ought he absolutely worked his socks off, never stopped and stood well at RB for the last 20 and took responsibility for the 5th penalty and despatched it. I could just as easily have given it Lucas (possibly should have now I think back)

Allen definitely plays far better the more he is involved Klopp has got far more out of him than Brendan has. I would feel very comfortable with him in the side these days well done Joe
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1049: Jan 26, 2016 10:57:33 pm
      Was gonna vote for Flanagan, but decided to give MOTM to Mignolet since I'd been slating him nonstop for the past few weeks  ;D :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1050: Jan 26, 2016 10:57:43 pm
      Reds have won 82.4% of their penalty shootouts in history... better than Germany.

Facht.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1051: Jan 26, 2016 10:57:45 pm
      Giving my MOTM to Sakho. Had Crouch all night and cleared every set piece that came his way.

Bunch of sh*te out on the field though. Just as hard picking the worst player as it is with picking the best. Moreno, Hendo and Can were rubbish.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1052: Jan 26, 2016 10:57:55 pm
      The first time since 1959 that Stoke have beaten us and it didn't matter :D Winning without winning! Oh and F**k off Hughes you pr**k!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1784 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1053: Jan 26, 2016 10:58:03 pm
      Allen, flanno & mings. thanks.

also btw. Big ben played well when he cam eon.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1054: Jan 26, 2016 10:58:07 pm
      Mignolet will get all the plaudits going, rightfully so for his two quality saves. But we took some f**king belting penalties in that shoot-out.

I can't be arsed going through individual performances because I don't wanna look at players being poor tonight, we're going to Wembley and that's enough to erase the sh*t performances from many tonight.

Well done Reds. Go and win our 9th League Cup. Go and extend our lead as England's most successful club. Really am delighted right now. People knock this competition but it still gets this sort of passion and reaction out of me. Boss.

Thank you Reds!

Well said mate if this competition was good enough for Bob Paisley its good enough for me
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1055: Jan 26, 2016 10:58:26 pm
      Reds have won 82.4% of their penalty shootout in history... better than Germany.

Facht.

Stoke had scored their last 23 penalties and won their past 6 shoot outs.

Until the Great Wall of Belgium came along.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1056: Jan 26, 2016 10:58:57 pm

I thought he was poor and lucky not to be sent off. Thought Kolo and Mignolet were the only people in the defence/back four to come out with any credit.

He wasn't MOTM but he did alright tonight, his passing was very sloppy at times but they didn't create a great deal down the left, in fact there were more dangerous moments coming in off the other wing where your lad Moreno was on shift.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1057: Jan 26, 2016 10:59:02 pm
      I gave my MOTM to Milner, I thought he absolutely worked his socks off, never stopped and stood well at RB for the last 20 and took responsibility for the 5th penalty and despatched it. I could just as easily have given it Lucas (possibly should have now I think back)

Great to have Flanno back, some good some bad, I'm not sure he deserves the MOTM but he did well and he will only improve.

Definitely a few in with a shout for MoM. Lucas, Milner, Migs Flanno ask played well and gave everything.

Quick Reply