Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      44 (28.8%)
      Jon Flanagan
      39 (25.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      18 (11.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.7%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.7%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      13 (8.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (1.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      28 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: Jan 30, 2016 10:42:26 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Stoke (1-1 aet) [6-5 on pens]: In game and Post Match Wemberleeee!

Read 41474 times
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Stoke (1-1 aet) [6-5 on pens]: In game and Post Match Wemberleeee!
      Reply #1196: Jan 27, 2016 07:48:36 pm
      Not much can be said of the game ! Semi finals normally tend to be pretty awful.As stated ,this game will be easily wiped from the memory.
      Have to agree with posters re Flanno.I thought he appeared very nervous (unlike him)and yes he did give the ball away cheaply most of the time.But hey...18 months out.Can only get better.Emry was imho ( poorer than most last night).A little spell on the bench might be wise as maybe the thought of being a "shoe in " to the starting eleven causes a bit of complacency.
      Big shout out to Joe Allen.Looks more of a man than a boy now.Seem to make a big difference when he came on + his penalty (still hav'nt seen it yet)(couldn't look)Well done Redmen onto Liverpool South.YNWA.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Stoke (1-1 aet) [6-5 on pens]: In game and Post Match Wemberleeee!
      Reply #1197: Jan 27, 2016 08:01:58 pm
      Quote from Beerbelly
      Normal service resumed and we were f**king awful. The match lacked quality and the only team who offered a smidgen of that was f**king Stoke - of all teams! From the moment the first whistle went, we never looked like scoring, it was sterile turgid stuff.

I found myself screaming for the intro of Benteke and think he's now the avenue Klopp should be exploring. All this false 9 bollox isn't convincing and it's time we use him better, until the summer at least. He actually looked okay in patches and if nothing else offered us a presence up front.

Stoke IMO, were the better team on the night compared to our lot, and it took the lottery of penalties to beat them.  Let's hope we don't embarrass ourselves in the final against better opposition.

Wembley here we come!

:scarf:

:lmao:

We've lost three penalty shoot in the past 40 years since 1974, and now there's a German on charge. What's the "lottery" about? If we need penalties to progress, we usually get the job done.

In a game of very few chances, Benteke had one, and fell over himself. He's not really helping himself in his mission to get in the starting line up, is he?

I agree it was an awful game, they were not much better than us, and their goal was offside, but it doesn't matter now. We're there. Some people were so against Rodgers, they wanted us to lose the Carlisle game. But without that, we wouldn't have another day out at Anfield South to look forward to.
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,263 posts | 182 
      Reply #1198: Jan 27, 2016 08:43:27 pm
      I've always admired Houllier for the decision to give it to Gerrard despite Hyypia's ability as captain.

I've always admired Hyypia for accepting it so gracefully.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1199: Jan 27, 2016 08:50:32 pm
      And a summing up of the game last night.......
      Stoke matched us in every department for 120 mins. They even sneaked in a clear off side goal to take advantage on the night.
      Mark Hughs has been lorded with praise for how he has got Stoke City playing wonderfull football, and he also has a plan B and a plan C. He has turned Stoke into a formidable side, with his quality management and coaching.

Yeah ! he managed a draw over two legs, against a side who have been written off by most of the press, professional football pundits, ex professional players, and current premiership managers.  Yes, he was able to do that against a side with only one (off form) striker, 11 first team players unavailable due to injury, a side with a defence which has been slaughtered week in week out, by every pundit in the country, and a keeper who has been derided as sunday league standard..

Yes, Mark Hughs and Super Stoke have achieved all that !    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,521 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #1200: Jan 27, 2016 11:16:34 pm
      I'll keep it short because I've got an early start.....
      Game was crap, we played crap and we scraped through on pens. 
      I got a bit excited when it sunk in that we were in another final and then got a bit down when I realised I've no chance of getting tickets.
      Would have been nice to get to Anfield South.
      So I'm a bit sad the bitters didn't win but hey ho.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1201: Jan 27, 2016 11:37:20 pm
      I'm sorry but I'm getting a bit pissed off with the 'we were lucky' comments.

1st leg we deservedly won, and probably should have scored more.

2nd leg we were beaten by a goal that was offside, Stoke had 2 shots on target, remembering one of those was the offside goal. They may have played the better football, but if you can only get 2(1) shots on target, then that's not great football, as scoring wins games. BTW, the lucky Liverpool team also had 2 shots on target.

When it came to the Shoot out, we were better, & we won.

Over the 2 legs, we won. Pure and simple. No dodgy goals for us, no dodgy decisions in our favour.

One more win, and we're  Europe.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1202: Jan 28, 2016 12:02:29 am
      I'm sorry but I'm getting a bit pissed off with the 'we were lucky' comments.

1st leg we deservedly won, and probably should have scored more.

2nd leg we were beaten by a goal that was offside, Stoke had 2 shots on target, remembering one of those was the offside goal. They may have played the better football, but if you can only get 2(1) shots on target, then that's not great football, as scoring wins games. BTW, the lucky Liverpool team also had 2 shots on target.

When it came to the Shoot out, we were better, & we won.

Over the 2 legs, we won. Pure and simple. No dodgy goals for us, no dodgy decisions in our favour.

One more win, and we're  Europe.

You paper over those cracks.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1203: Jan 28, 2016 12:10:13 am

Where did I paper over any cracks?

You want us to forfeit the game?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #1204: Jan 28, 2016 03:57:51 pm
      Where did I paper over any cracks?

You want us to forfeit the game?

Our performance was sh*te considering it was a semi final at Anfield and we were playing Stoke City.  They wanted it more than we did on Tuesday night and had we gone out there would have been a lot of anger around the ground.

I do however agree that over the two legs we deserved to go through. As you say, we were the better team at the Britannia and in the shoot out - and their goal was offside too.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1205: Jan 29, 2016 10:34:35 am
      https://twitter.com/LFCFansCorner/status/692262022076108801

Get on this vid of Skrtel's celebrations after Allen's pen.

F***ing boss.

Doesn't look injured to me!

:couch:

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1206: Jan 29, 2016 10:38:18 am
      if we play sh*te likes Tuesday until the end of the season but still win games who cares. Klopp is trying to make a silk purse out of a Sow's ear. To be fair I think the players are doing everything they can but its clear the bit between the ears is preventing some of them from performing well
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #1207: Jan 29, 2016 11:04:57 am
      Reading his post match comments, Mark Hughes is one of the most passive aggressive bitter wankers I've ever seen. Every comment is laced with bitterness and jealousy.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1208: Jan 29, 2016 11:16:48 am
      Reading his post match comments, Mark Hughes is one of the most passive aggressive bitter wankers I've ever seen. Every comment is laced with bitterness and jealousy.

For some reason Hughes and the media seem to forget that there was a 1st leg to this tie and that we won our game with an actual goal. He can't say we were extremely lucky because their goal shouldn't have stood, they're lucky it even went to F***ing penalties. He'd suit managing United or Chelsea, they're all wankers.

Quick Reply