Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Steven Caulker
      2 (2.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.2%)
      Brad Smith
      4 (4.3%)
      Cameron Brannagan
      41 (44.1%)
      Kevin Stewart
      3 (3.2%)
      Joe Allen
      14 (15.1%)
      Joao Teixeira
      24 (25.8%)
      Jordon Ibe
      1 (1.1%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (1.1%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      0 (0%)
      Jerome Sinclair
      0 (0%)
      Jose Enrique
      1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: Feb 03, 2016 07:42:00 pm

Liverpool 0-0 West Ham: (FA Cup R4) In game and Post Match review

Read 29878 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Live: Liverpool V West Ham
      Reply #460: Jan 30, 2016 07:29:22 pm
      The kids are alright.
      The scary part?
      They were the best performers.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #461: Jan 30, 2016 07:29:34 pm
      Kids did well,should have won with the chances we had...Benteke, trying to see some positives in his game,but there is none,shocking player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #462: Jan 30, 2016 07:29:54 pm
      talk about dumbing down of expectations FSG have done a great job when people think that team and that performance is ok

So you don't think that was an ok performance from our B/C team against a nearly full strength West Ham??
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #463: Jan 30, 2016 07:30:05 pm
      We deserved to win, just didn't have that little bit of extra quality to score the vital goal.

Agreed mate. Thought there were actually some good performances out there, especially Teixeira who I think deserves a chance in the league.

Mignolet, had virtually nothing to do but at least with the things he did he managed to F**k them up. Twice appealing for stuff before the whistle is blown, play to the whistle you fool. Normal service resumed, suppose he'll get a new thread for not conceding.

Benteke is completely useless right now. Constantly jumping underneath the ball, for a fella his size that is completely embarrassing. Then when he does have a chance he completely fluffs it, the amount of times he gave it away on the deck too was very poor. Starting to realise why Villa had such poor possession stats with him up top.

Allen, Tex, Stewart, Branners, Smith and Clyne all had decent games.

Ibe should be dropped even further, dire performance by the lad, bitterly disappointed in him.

In the end we should have predicted a draw and a replay, just typical for Jürgen right now.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #464: Jan 30, 2016 07:30:26 pm
      Good performance that, just lacked that cutting edge in front of goal.

Up against it a bit now though having to go and get a result at Upton Park.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #465: Jan 30, 2016 07:30:32 pm
      West Ham are a good side and it was a creditable performance from the kids - shame it has resulted in a replay but we're still in all competitions.

that's not in question the reality is what the F**k was that. Is that the best we have to put out in a cup competition that we could really do with winning. If it was my money I would be asking where has all the money been spent
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #466: Jan 30, 2016 07:30:45 pm
      But remember this is Liverpool FC yes the kids did ok but how did we get to this

I think we all know how we got to this, it starts with the two Cowboys, then we got JWH who thought employing a rookie would win us everything! Then we get to Brendan, who was like a kid in a sweetie shop when it came to signing players. Oh, and did I mention the infamous transfer committee, who really need to transfer themselves right out of our club!
      However in Jürgen I trust!!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 West Ham: (FA Cup R4) In game and Post Match review
      Reply #467: Jan 30, 2016 07:31:49 pm
      Teixeira slowly playing his way into a Klopp League team.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #468: Jan 30, 2016 07:31:59 pm
      Good performance that, just lacked that cutting edge in front of goal.

Up against it a bit now though having to go and get a result at Upton Park.

Yet another 2nd leg/replay of a cup game we could do without.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #469: Jan 30, 2016 07:32:13 pm
      So you don't think that was an ok performance from our B/C team against a nearly full strength West Ham??

I think you missed my point ,I do think the lads did really well but how did we get to a point where having spent nearly £300 mil we have to put out a team like that. 
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #470: Jan 30, 2016 07:32:13 pm
      talk about dumbing down of expectations FSG have done a great job when people think that team and that performance is ok

Mate, I think the kids earned the right to start today, and they played pretty will and will likely play at Upton Park too. I think Klopp kept intentionally kept Benteke in there just hoping he gets a goal and some confidence. We had 6-7 players today who haven't started in the premiership yet and they have all showed that they have a role.

With all due respect, I think you are overreacting a tad. Yea it was't sloppy in the final third but we this was 3rd XI and I think we did well.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #471: Jan 30, 2016 07:32:18 pm

Yeah, John Henry missed kick-up practice with the kids last week.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,002 posts | 223 
      Reply #472: Jan 30, 2016 07:32:29 pm
      i'll take that from the line out that we had out there, the kids played well and they showed they are ready to play in the 1st team when ever called on.
      and people calling Tex light wait for this league need their heads seen too what is lacking is a run of games
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #473: Jan 30, 2016 07:33:22 pm
      I think we all know how we got to this, it starts with the two Cowboys, then we got JWH who thought employing a rookie would win us everything! Then we get to Brendan, who was like a kid in a sweetie shop when it came to signing players. Oh, and did I mention the infamous transfer committee, who really need to transfer themselves right out of our club!
      However in Jürgen I trust!!!

Jürgen's appointment may well be the most important appointment in 56 years
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #474: Jan 30, 2016 07:33:39 pm
      Gotta be honest I didn't have much expectation looking at the pre-game team sheet. So I thought the youngsters did well against a physical and good side.
      Benteke is awful and by far the worst player on the pitch. Ibe's also very frustrating. I thought Ojo could have been brought in sooner. Teixeira, Brannagan, Stewart, and Allen were good.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #475: Jan 30, 2016 07:34:02 pm
      that's not in question the reality is what the f**k was that. Is that the best we have to put out in a cup competition that we could really do with winning. If it was my money I would be asking where has all the money been spent

With 11 bloody injuries, what the hell do you expect?? Should we field our A-team for this and rest them against Leicester maybe?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #476: Jan 30, 2016 07:34:21 pm
      Possession: LFC 51% - WHU 49%
      Goal Attempts: LFC 18 - WHU 7
      On Target: LFC 6 - WHU 1

How didn't we win that game?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #477: Jan 30, 2016 07:35:24 pm
      Mate, I think the kids earned the right to start today, and they played pretty will and will likely play at Upton Park too. I think Klopp kept intentionally kept Benteke in there just hoping he gets a goal and some confidence. We had 6-7 players today who haven't started in the premiership yet and they have all showed that they have a role.

With all due respect, I think you are overreacting a tad. Yea it was't sloppy in the final third but we this was 3rd XI and I think we did well.

I am not knocking the kids I thought they did really well . This is a very important game at Anfield in a competition we need to do well in.
      Let me put it this way did you see what Enrique did when he came on I know that 40,000 people in the crowd could have done the same
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #478: Jan 30, 2016 07:35:26 pm
      Young lads did well, bit of an uphill task for them at the Boleyn now though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #479: Jan 30, 2016 07:35:38 pm
      Possession: LFC 51% - WHU 49%
      Goal Attempts: LFC 18 - WHU 7
      On Target: LFC 6 - WHU 1

How didn't we win that game?

Quite simple, no striker or clinical finisher.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #480: Jan 30, 2016 07:35:53 pm
      The interview after the game to Winston Reid: "Do you think justice is done and that you deserved at least a point tonight?" Is he for F***ing real? Justice is done? We battered them, just couldn't score. Also, it's a cup game you fucktard.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #481: Jan 30, 2016 07:36:32 pm
      Quite simple, no striker or clinical finisher.

Who was that guy we paid £32m for then?
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #482: Jan 30, 2016 07:36:38 pm
      To be fair. He would now too.

We give him nothing all game. He looks as frustrated with his team mates as some of you lot are with him. How can he score from nothing?

Mate he has to demand service, and if he was good enough he would get it.

Once he starts making the runs he should or occupying spaces he should or even challenging for balls the rest of the players will anticipate his movement and position and play balls to him.

Like when we had Suarez, we could play speculative balls into certain areas because you just knew he already knew it was going there and would be on his way. This gives the lads the confidence to play these kind of balls.

As it stands right now with Benteke... They know that the only thing they can do is place a precision pass or cross right to the very inch where he is standing because he sure as hell isn't going to be anticipating anything he expects the ball to go right to him.

And to make matters worse he has the cheek to complain when it doesn't. Possibly the worst striker we have had and i'm including Sean Dundee in that list.

Quick Reply