Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Ticket Working Group - Statement

Read 17726 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Ticket Working Group - Statement
      Reply #138: Feb 06, 2016 10:39:51 pm
      Good for you, sincerely. No need to bully others though.

If heads need wobbling, someone's gotta wobble them.

I don't mind being the bad guy if it helps the club. I wouldn't call it bullying though. Just a reality check.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #139: Feb 06, 2016 10:40:38 pm
      Not a fan of the walk out protest but of course the sentiment behind it is understandable.y since hope is that it doesn't mean we don't end up with fans fighting and arguing amongst ourselves and matches being used as a vehicle for protest which makes the game incidental.don't really want to attend games again where attention is elsewhere as i feel it is often counter productive .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      Reply #140: Feb 06, 2016 10:45:40 pm
      Funnily enough, I'm not a fan of large modern day unions...but that's why I love SOS. Unions how they used to be. Everyone looking out for one common goal.

I'm determined we as supporters can win this. The backing is huge!

sadly unions can also be the platform for people with other agendas other than one common goal, slight sense of unease about some elements of sos, people like jay mckenna seem to enjoy the limelight and attention a bit too much for me, perhaps i am being harsh but it's the way i feel.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #141: Feb 06, 2016 10:54:15 pm
      if the protests continue and grow "partners" are going to get twitchy and even more difficult to attract.  we haven't had a Liverpool team worthy of the name since 2009 and when we did in 2013/14 they failed to capitalize on it. The only effective protest is at the turnstiles it may be a difficult decision for some people and that's really ok but empty seats viewed by a world wide audience is a very potent way to get a point across
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,491 posts | 1478 
      Reply #142: Feb 06, 2016 11:02:32 pm
      according to the leaflets handed out
      Outside the ground and in the ground,
      Today was the first stage of many planned protests.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #143: Feb 06, 2016 11:06:14 pm
      according to the leaflets handed out
      Outside the ground and in the ground,
      Today was the first stage of many planned protests.

I hope so.

With so many supporters genuinely worried about being priced out of the game they have nothing to lose by boycotting games if that's what it takes.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #144: Feb 06, 2016 11:43:35 pm
      The protest is over a very limited number of tickets for 7 Cat A games.

Nobody who walked today will be forced to pay it, nobody who walked will pay it. This is hospitality-lite prices for those with the cash to do so, it should not be a major  concern for the vast majority who go. There will still be thousands upon thousands of tickets available at the normal rates. The reaction to it so far is totally ott imo.

And Kenny didn't walk btw. He couldn't either.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #145: Feb 06, 2016 11:45:48 pm

Nobody who walked today will be forced to pay it, nobody who walked will pay it. This is hospitality-lite prices for those with the cash to do so, it should not be a major  concern for the vast majority who go. There will still be thousands upon thousands of tickets available at the normal rates. The reaction to it so far is totally ott imo.

If you cannot see the general trend toward tickets becoming too expensive for a traditional football fan then you obviously earn enough to be able to afford these extortionate prices.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #146: Feb 06, 2016 11:50:17 pm

Sane post.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #147: Feb 07, 2016 12:54:21 am
      :f_whistle:

Apart from the poor grammar and hypocrisy...

I'm a nobody, but I've been to hundreds of games home and away. A nobody who has gone up and down the country through the good and bad times supporting my team. A nobody who marched and protested against Hicks + Gillete without fail. A nobody who stood outside Anfield helping to hand out Yanks Out flyers to help educate fellow supporters. I am a nobody who refuses to let modern football and the "consumerism" continue to ruin the club and our game.

In short, I am like thousands of other dedicated Reds who want our club back before it's gone for good.

Any time you want to actually try and make our club great again, feel free to chip in.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I bet you was one of those nobodies who burnt Gerrards shirt outside of Anfield despite everything he had given us, and I bet you was one of those nobodies who sang about the Munich air disaster in the pub with the big SOS logo behind you, yeah I know the kind you are, you are a nobody.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #148: Feb 07, 2016 02:38:52 am
      I bet you was one of those nobodies who burnt Gerrards shirt outside of Anfield despite everything he had given us, and I bet you was one of those nobodies who sang about the Munich air disaster in the pub with the big SOS logo behind you, yeah I know the kind you are, you are a nobody.

Wow dragging that 'song' up again, you're F***ing worse than manc cu*ts at times, sanctimonious pricks with an axe to grind.

Watch that vid again, mostly young lads armed with ale - hardly representational of a whole F***ing union, but then again I can see what your game is straight off.  And it was only one nobody who burnt Gerrards shirt, another fact you've got wrong, no need for the plural!!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #149: Feb 07, 2016 11:18:53 am

Why is it people with sh*t opinions also have sh*t grammar?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #150: Feb 07, 2016 11:34:55 am
      Different scenario completely, but I stopped buying shirts because of the Standard Charterd sponsorship and what they actually stand for.

As for tickets to games, well that only happens a couple of times a season anyway, when myself and eldest daughter make the journey up. But IF I had bought tickets and it was on a day of a planned walkout or demonstration against the owners lack of ambition and fleecing the loyal supporters, I would sincerely adhere to it.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #151: Feb 07, 2016 11:44:40 am
      Different scenario completely, but I stopped buying shirts because of the Standard Charterd sponsorship and what they actually stand for.

As for tickets to games, well that only happens a couple of times a season anyway, when myself and eldest daughter make the journey up. But IF I had bought tickets and it was on a day of a planned walkout or demonstration against the owners lack of ambition and fleecing the loyal supporters, I would sincerely adhere to it.

Ditto. I'd be teaching them what being part of a football club is all about. So much more than just buying a ticket and a shirt.

On another note, does anyone know what the returns policy is at Anfield in terms of returning a ticket before the game? An idea that popped through my head was, in order to stop beauts buying them instead, regulars simply return their tickets for refunds a few days before if there was ever a boycott planned. If that was coupled with STs not turning up, that would have a pretty good impact.

Not sure if it's feasible though...but worth mentioning.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #152: Feb 07, 2016 08:17:12 pm
      Quote from srslfc
      If you cannot see the general trend toward tickets becoming too expensive for a traditional football fan then you obviously earn enough to be able to afford these extortionate prices.

I already told you, I couldn't pay it and I wouldn't pay it. But nobody is ordering me to pay it or go spin. There's a very simple solution to this. Just buy a less expensive ticket. There will only be 50k or so available per game. 

That's my protest sorted.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      Reply #153: Feb 07, 2016 08:29:00 pm
      Ditto. I'd be teaching them what being part of a football club is all about. So much more than just buying a ticket and a shirt.

On another note, does anyone know what the returns policy is at Anfield in terms of returning a ticket before the game? An idea that popped through my head was, in order to stop beauts buying them instead, regulars simply return their tickets for refunds a few days before if there was ever a boycott planned. If that was coupled with STs not turning up, that would have a pretty good impact.

Not sure if it's feasible though...but worth mentioning.

if you don't want to then fine but going out of your way to stop someone else going is pretty extreme in my book. What do define by beauts ? Exercise your right not to go but no to the extent that you stop someone else going.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #154: Feb 07, 2016 11:35:23 pm
      if you don't want to then fine but going out of your way to stop someone else going is pretty extreme in my book. What do define by beauts ? Exercise your right not to go but no to the extent that you stop someone else going.

There's no point in attempting a boycott if the stadium sold out regardless. My hypothetical question was aimed at solving that problem.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #155: Feb 07, 2016 11:44:48 pm
      Apparently there's to be a review of the ticket pricing following the protest according to Barrett.

Would that have happened if the protestors had taken some people's advice to just accept it?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #156: Feb 08, 2016 10:22:22 am
      Apparently there's to be a review of the ticket pricing following the protest according to Barrett.

Would that have happened if the protestors had taken some people's advice to just accept it?

Course not mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #157: Feb 08, 2016 04:53:22 pm

We would have been continually bent over and screwed for every penny, pound, cent and dollar.

Don't worry the shitbags and crying-arses will thank us at some point!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #158: Feb 08, 2016 05:21:27 pm
      I already told you, I couldn't pay it and I wouldn't pay it. But nobody is ordering me to pay it or go spin. There's a very simple solution to this. Just buy a less expensive ticket. There will only be 50k or so available per game. 

That's my protest sorted.

You're an idiot mate.

You either cannot see why the protest has happened or you're just being a tit as usual.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #159: Feb 08, 2016 05:40:46 pm
      You're an idiot mate.

You either cannot see why the protest has happened or you're just being a tit as usual.

On the plus side this topic pulled him out of the Rafa thread....that's progress is'int it?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #160: Feb 08, 2016 06:01:57 pm

If that happens (ticket pricing-review) and prices are adjusted ,  than that would be a massive success of the protest, and I am sure other clubs with the same ticket issues will follow thanks to LFC fans who proteted
      YNWA

Quick Reply