Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ticket Working Group - Statement

Read 17685 times
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Re: Ticket Working Group - Statement
      Reply #92: Feb 05, 2016 08:46:55 pm
      hes a F***ing.. ok. i hate him and dont want to be bared from this quality forum.

hes Henrys right hand, an idiot. stoodge. F**k of Aire for once and all
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #93: Feb 05, 2016 10:57:38 pm
      Ayre saying the fan base should should be "careful what we wish for" - nah you should be careful what you wish for pal we (eventually) got rid of one lot of useless Yanks who knew f**k all about football the same can be done with this lot of incompetents
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #94: Feb 05, 2016 11:05:20 pm
      Local fans should do their best to stage whatever protests are necessary, but I will say as an outside (i.e. non-local and yankee b***ard) observer....there will be people to take the place of any of those that decide not to go to games anymore. LFC is so big globally, that there will always be people to pay.

Hell if you compare the price of tickets to match in England to say the cost of tickets to see an NFL game over here in the states...it's not even close. I could see two LFC  games for the price of one NFL game.

But I fully understand the issue, NFL clubs don't have the bond with their supporters that EPL clubs did (or still do in some cases).

Who cares about the NFL? The amount of harm Americans have done to this club is unbelievable wish they would stick to their own interpretations of sport and stop meddling in one they have no desire to understand.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #95: Feb 06, 2016 02:29:36 am
      What a silly statement, the Super Bowl is one of the most watched sports events in the entire world and the NFL is the most profitable sports league in the world. When understanding how global sports phenomena work, including "soccer" it helps to provide perspective.

The amount of harm Americans have done to this club is unbelievable wish they would stick to their own interpretations of sport and stop meddling in one they have no desire to understand.

Not all Americans, some Americans. Hicks and Gillette and FSG don't represent the entirety of Americans. Don't be so myopic. I'm just providing some outside perspective. If you don't like it, well, too bad ;)

Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #96: Feb 06, 2016 02:36:18 am
      Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I find both of your posts baffling at best and frankly embarrassing at worst. They amount to 'shut up and accept it, pay up or shut up' which is not only flippant but a little arrogant.

Flippant or arrogant, its here to stay my friend. There is nothing that can be done to avoid the owners fleecing the supporters. As has been mentioned, for every 1 who will give up the ticket, a 100 more will buy it.

Be embarrassed by all means, everyone is entitled to their own feelings, but dont kid yourself otherwise, if the owners decide you will pay X amount to watch the team, SOS, Joe Bloggs, even the government cannot tell them otherwise. YOU WILL PAY X AMOUNT.

These are the terms today. So buy all means, buy into whatever protest you will, feel embarrassed as much as you will, it wont make a jot of difference.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #97: Feb 06, 2016 09:32:35 am
      I've haven't done any research but i'm guessing you could watch almost any team in europe for £77.

77 pounds for 90 minutes of football.
      It makes me sick to my stomach.

Supporters need to put aside old rivalries and work together because this trend will not stop unless there is cooperation between all supporters.

We however are Liverpool football club and so we must lead the way. I have no right to ask this of any match going supporter but please show solidarity with your fellow reds and send a message to these yanks that they ignore us at their peril.
      Thats it. If you show apathy towards it, it only encourage's them to continue screwing everyone. Unfair, inflation busting ticket hikes , will never, NEVER stop until people say no more. Stop going the games is the only way to show them you mean business. Half full grounds hit them in the only place it hurts. The pocket.

Even if you are a season ticket holder and don't go, it still hits them because of the staff they have to pay, the food and drink they won't sell, and the Police bill . If nothing is done now, don't be surprised when bog standard tickets are costing £90.

Lets not forget that the players are not blameless in this disgrace. Just look at clubs wage bills compared to their income.
      During the height of the recession , players and agents were still receiving ridiculous wage , bonus and incentive rise's in their wages . All passed onto us mugs.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #98: Feb 06, 2016 10:04:23 am
      Such a disappointing read - some of the posts on here really make it seem like there is nothing we can do...

I just don't agree with the statement 'if you dont go someone else will - so it dosent matter'.

We are the supporters, we are the ones who make the famous atmosphere. We are the ones who go the extra mile to support the club. Without us there really isent a lot there. Reality is, we are not in Central London where there is a carousel of fans willing to pay top dollar each week whilst the club is winning.

We didnt think we could do anything against H&G - yet we did.

If we go 'quietly into the night' then we will be paying stupid money for a ticket in 2 years. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #99: Feb 06, 2016 10:15:49 am
      Mate I agree with almost every single word you say in that post. It is a total disgrace what the club is doing.
      Im just putting the time I have with my kid at a football match, which is extremely rare, above everything.

That's my only priority so sorry if it upsets people that I won't be taking part in any walk out.

I sympathise totally with your situation mate, going to the footy with your lad is what every footy mad Dad dreams of.  If you can't bring yourself to leave early in support of all the other Dads and their lads then that's absolutely your right to do so.

I'm sure you have already discussed this with him and explained the reasons for the walk out so that he understands the situation and your reasons for staying then that's great as he needs educating on what it means to be a Liverpool supporter and what it means to support our own in our hour of need.

If you haven't, then maybe now is a good time to start his education and maybe ask him what he would like to do?  How proud would you be if he says "no Dad, we have to do this, we have to stand together otherwise I might never be able to take my son when the time comes".

Give him the option mate, allow him to make the decision as it's his future support that's in jeopardy  :gt-happyup:
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #100: Feb 06, 2016 10:18:50 am
      Thats it. If you show apathy towards it, it only encourage's them to continue screwing everyone. Unfair, inflation busting ticket hikes , will never, NEVER stop until people say no more. Stop going the games is the only way to show them you mean business. Half full grounds hit them in the only place it hurts. The pocket.

Even if you are a season ticket holder and don't go, it still hits them because of the staff they have to pay, the food and drink they won't sell, and the Police bill . If nothing is done now, don't be surprised when bog standard tickets are costing £90.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #101: Feb 06, 2016 10:45:25 am
      Local fans should do their best to stage whatever protests are necessary, but I will say as an outside (i.e. non-local and yankee b***ard) observer....there will be people to take the place of any of those that decide not to go to games anymore. LFC is so big globally, that there will always be people to pay.

Hell if you compare the price of tickets to match in England to say the cost of tickets to see an NFL game over here in the states...it's not even close. I could see two LFC  games for the price of one NFL game.

But I fully understand the issue, NFL clubs don't have the bond with their supporters that EPL clubs did (or still do in some cases).

Get what you're saying FL and I agree that there will be many thousands of people who will take up tickets when there are spares, so I get that some people think it's a pointless excercise but this is about "bad PR" for the Club.

It's the one thing that we know doesn't sit well with the Owners, it damages their Business and ok the game isn't being shown live but I believe there's been plenty of media coverage in recent days to ensure the general public understand the reasons behind the walkout. 

From this we've already had a statement from Ayre and I believe there's to be an open Q&A session on lfctv tomorrow, so the Club are taking notice. 

Naturally that doesn't mean they'll change anything as I'm sure they're not that arsed if the locals don't renew STs etc as it means more money in the coffers from those who come as a one off and spend far more money on matchday but not many gave credence to the "Not a Penny More" campaign when it first started and look at the Worldwide coverage and support that got in a very short space of time.

Fans are fickle fuckers, they want to see good footy being played, they want to experience the atmosphere, they want to see goals, wins and trophies, something we've missed at Anfield for many seasons and it's getting worse, not better.  If they, the Club that is, can't, won't and don't start providing that then the fans will stay away.

Of course the minute amount of money that the matchday revenue brings in won't damage the business when we're set to turnover in excess of £340m this financial year, why do they need an extra £2m from the already hard pressed regulars? 

It's hardly going to bankrupt us, it's just pure greed.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #102: Feb 06, 2016 10:47:18 am
      I don't understand the 77 minutes part, as in half-time without buying any concessions on the way in or out makes more sense and a sense of impact, to me. In fact not buying concessions at all would make a huge point, considering the mark up on those items.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #103: Feb 06, 2016 11:22:07 am
      they can't help themselves they see sell outs for most games and they want to know where the upper limit is. If they can still sell out for £100 a ticket that is what they will do.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #104: Feb 06, 2016 11:31:20 am
      Already made the decision that I'd cut back on the number of games I go to, this just expedites that situation.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #105: Feb 06, 2016 12:14:28 pm
      It would help if the players could have the game comfortably won by 77 minutes. Could have positive impact on the number who walk out.
      Wait a minute, comfortably won by the 77 minute?  This shower of sh*te.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #106: Feb 06, 2016 12:32:32 pm
      Get what you're saying FL and I agree that there will be many thousands of people who will take up tickets when there are spares, so I get that some people think it's a pointless excercise but this is about "bad PR" for the Club.

It's the one thing that we know doesn't sit well with the Owners, it damages their Business and ok the game isn't being shown live but I believe there's been plenty of media coverage in recent days to ensure the general public understand the reasons behind the walkout. 

From this we've already had a statement from Ayre and I believe there's to be an open Q&A session on lfctv tomorrow, so the Club are taking notice. 

Naturally that doesn't mean they'll change anything as I'm sure they're not that arsed if the locals don't renew STs etc as it means more money in the coffers from those who come as a one off and spend far more money on matchday but not many gave credence to the "Not a Penny More" campaign when it first started and look at the Worldwide coverage and support that got in a very short space of time.

Fans are fickle fuckers, they want to see good footy being played, they want to experience the atmosphere, they want to see goals, wins and trophies, something we've missed at Anfield for many seasons and it's getting worse, not better.  If they, the Club that is, can't, won't and don't start providing that then the fans will stay away.

Of course the minute amount of money that the matchday revenue brings in won't damage the business when we're set to turnover in excess of £340m this financial year, why do they need an extra £2m from the already hard pressed regulars? 

It's hardly going to bankrupt us, it's just pure greed.
      All great points, fully agree.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #107: Feb 06, 2016 02:13:47 pm
      I have a theory the higher the ticket price the quieter the ground
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #108: Feb 06, 2016 02:19:21 pm
      I have a theory the higher the ticket price the quieter the ground

Yup and it's not jus my down to the prices attracting a different crowd, but also if you are paying that kind of money then it definitely becomes more of an 'expectation' to see the team performing and winning games.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #109: Feb 06, 2016 02:23:16 pm
      Yup and it's not jus my down to the prices attracting a different crowd, but also if you are paying that kind of money then it definitely becomes more of an 'expectation' to see the team performing and winning games.

JH and his rich colleagues need to take a walk around the ground up to Breck road maybe down to Priory road because these are the houses that people have come from for generations to support this club and they did so often as a family. Going the match with your Dad your Brother and other relatives meant something how the F**k can a man working in a factory or for the Post office afford to take his kids to the match now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #110: Feb 06, 2016 02:58:38 pm
      See the City fans left the stadium on 77 mins good of them to support our cause. Sure it wasn't the scoreline.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #111: Feb 06, 2016 07:33:58 pm
      Pointless. all that will happen is people with loadsomoney will take your seats.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,209 posts | 8568 
      Reply #112: Feb 06, 2016 07:48:55 pm
      Pointless. all that will happen is people with loadsomoney will take your seats.

Your opinion, which is sh*te by the way, as ever where we lead, others will follow!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #113: Feb 06, 2016 07:53:45 pm
      Your opinion, which is sh*te by the way, as ever where we lead, others will follow!

It was great to see today that so many took out of their seats and left. It genuinely gave me hope that our fanbase isn't completely killed off by middle class fairies.

As for the 30,000 who stayed in their seats or bitched and moaned...if you never got the chance to go back to Anfield again then good. Apathetic consumers the lot of you!

This is our club. We're not being milked like F***ing cows because it's OUR F***ing FOOTBALL CLUB. And we'll protest however the F**k we like.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #114: Feb 06, 2016 07:55:42 pm
      JH and his rich colleagues need to take a walk around the ground up to Breck road maybe down to Priory road because these are the houses that people have come from for generations to support this club and they did so often as a family. Going the match with your Dad your Brother and other relatives meant something how the f**k can a man working in a factory or for the Post office afford to take his kids to the match now.

The working mans game...

Not any more, because money rules and we have clubs like the scum bidding 140m for players, which they think is acceptable. Just shows other clubs that fleecing the supporters is "ok".

The game and everything about it has turned to sh*t.

Quick Reply