Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      30 (38%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      3 (3.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      1 (1.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      4 (5.1%)
      Emre Can
      5 (6.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (3.8%)
      James Milner
      7 (8.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.3%)
      Christian Benteke
      3 (3.8%)
      Joe Allen
      13 (16.5%)
      Joao Teixeira
      7 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Feb 06, 2016 09:50:26 pm

Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate

Read 35390 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Re: Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post match debate
      Reply #690: Feb 02, 2016 10:00:50 pm
      Yes I agree.

But for Leicester this is a perfect storm. They shouldn't be title challengers, but they are.

Leicester try to recruit for the level they want to get to. So they go out and sign guys of appropriate ability and mentality. They've had a great season and are more than the sum of their parts.

The issue is we are signing lads from around us or below us in the league, putting them in a side with other similar players and producing midtable performances.

We aren't look to sign players for the level we *want* to get to. We show no signs of paying the wages or the fees that are required to go out and get these guys.

People can rim our lads and go for the Boss Red awards but the fact is very few of our players would get a game for the sides above us.

And those who can play for teams better than us?

We let them leave.

But Leicester took 22 points from the last 10 games of last season which is CL top four standard then they sack the manager  change some players and they are doing even better. Might I suggest they have a complete club where the Owner goes to games and cares about the results on the pitch rather than the balance sheet
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #691: Feb 02, 2016 10:00:55 pm
      You know what mate was thinking during the game all the people on here slagging him off last season saying he was the reason for our slow midfield bla bla bla , well they got what they wished for , and look at us go now feel fckin sick mate ,i,d rather watch a one legged Stevie in an arse kicking contest than that midfield out there at the moment not fckin one of them held their hand up .

this..
       apart from that which I agree 100%, we lost a leader, a real captain, a genuine fighter for the club, the team,
      he was slow Ok last season, but these players playing now are NO faster (apart from the passes,crosses,and mentality)  And they are 10+ years younger ffs. Top4  my arse with this lot

which we lack , we just don't have a captain , a true pitch leader,
      not saying , bring him back now, but we are missing all that he was on the pitch for us

YNWA
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #692: Feb 02, 2016 10:01:47 pm
      Klopp can not have any complaints when he gets both barrels from the media later on tonight for fielding a weakened team the other day
      if this is our 1st team what a pile of shyte might as well play the kids until the end of season.

and the only way we will get into the champions league, is by winning the Europa league

Klopp can not have any complaints when he gets both barrels from the media later on tonight for fielding a weakened team the other day
      if this is our 1st team what a pile of shyte might as well play the kids until the end of season.

and the only way we will get into the champions league, is by winning the Europa league

Agreed he deserves some criticism tonight but the plan to rest the players to give us the best chance moving forward was right and I'd agree with it no matter how we performed tonight.

The performance tonight must be judged with the realisation that Leicester are the best team in the league at the moment and they had more rest than us. That's not an excuse that's the facts, the players also need judging on the fact that they were given rest at the possible expense of our FA Cup status and that's why they deserve plenty of stick too.

Players such as Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Moreno simply shouldn't be in our starting XI and I hope Jürgen drops them, or as many as we can. Or perhaps send out XI players in the next game all with "for sale" signs on them because we have so much sh*te in this squad it is infuriating.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #693: Feb 02, 2016 10:02:00 pm
      Not sure the re-sell value idea is working out too well

They've to take a write-off instead.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #694: Feb 02, 2016 10:02:17 pm
      With the exception of a couple of players, I would reverse the starting 11 for the league and cups, going forward!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #695: Feb 02, 2016 10:03:32 pm
      we need to pick a side to play in the Cups and keep them fresh and play anyone in the league games
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #696: Feb 02, 2016 10:03:58 pm
      this..
       apart from that which I agree 100%, we lost a leader, a real captain, a genuine fighter for the club, the team,
      he was slow Ok last season, but these players playing now are NO faster (apart from the passes,crosses,and mentality)  And they are 10+ years younger ffs

which we lack , we just don't have a captain , a true pitch leader,
      not saying , bring him back now, but we are missing all that he was on the pitch for us

YNWA

This we have no leader and no heart its painfull .
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #697: Feb 02, 2016 10:04:07 pm

It was gone weeks ago mate and was well and truly confirmed when our only signing in the transfer window was Steven frickin Caulker. Same old problem tonight, no goals in the team. A bunch of players all wanted to come towards the ball, all wanted it into feet. Would have won the game if Vardy was playing in red without a doubt. We actually looked half decent first half playing from box to box but didn't have a clue once we got there.

Unfortunately what we have got to look forward to for the rest of the season is:

- Let's try Firmino in a false 9 and see if that works.
      - If that isn't working lets throw non Benteke for half an hour on the off chance something comes of that

This for me is why i'm so baffled and pissed that we couldn't bring someone in (even on loan) to help us out up front, we're still in 4 competitions with a ton of games to play. I know we have Origi to come back but he is shi...te (lets be honest here) and whats the point of even counting Studge as a real player, i'll believe it when I see it.

The rest of the season is a write-off. We'll finish 8th I reckon. I'm pinning my hopes on Aguero and Studge getting himself fit for a 30 minute cameo at Wembley and that's about it. In the mean time lets see a few of these kids have a run in the League. I'm sick of seeing players lke Moreno and Lallana get starts when they clearly don't deserve it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #698: Feb 02, 2016 10:06:19 pm
      When Jürgen Klopp first arrive at the club he stated that he would not sign any players in the January window because he wanted to see what the players at the club had to offer....He must be hope for the summer now and wondering just how he is going to bring in14-16 players and ship the same number out
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Re: Live: Leicester V Liverpool
      Reply #699: Feb 02, 2016 10:06:22 pm
      It's about time people realise the likes of Henderson, can, Milner, Moreno, Lovren, benteke, Lallana and pretty much everyone else in our squad are just plain average. A good game every now and then doesn't make them a good player. Most weeks they give a 5-6 out of 10 type performance. They are average, so we are average.

If you criticise any of them though and you get slaughtered for not supporting the team and even get accused of being a wum.

Our players are f**king sh*te. This is the first time in my life that Liverpool FC hasn't had one world class player in the squad.

Get rid of the f**king lot and start again.

Your key point is that we don't have a world class player in the squad. You're right - this is the first you could say that  about an LFC side since I can remember too.

But you dont need everybody in the team to be fantastic. Put a couple of really  top class players in amongst some of those guys you mention ( but not F***ing Moreno!) and the whole team would be miles better.
      But as you say, we dont have anybody who is amongst the world's best.

The fact that we are still waiting for Sturridge ( the one guy who could be top class, if he ever played), rather than having just gone out and bought somebody of similar quality in one of the last 3 transfer windows is a F***ing joke.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #700: Feb 02, 2016 10:08:39 pm
      What da fu*k was that? Seriously, where was the hunger and desire that Leicester had? Every time they went forward, they had their midfield moving across our penalty area, pulling us all over the place. They won the second balls. They wanted it more, simple as that. If Klopp's positivity and  dynamism can't motivate these players, not sure what will. Utterly dispiriting. How many shots did Schmeichal had to make?

Fu*ing pissed off.  It's not quality that's the big issue, it seems confidence and motivation, and you can't hope for the manager to work miracles. Get a fooking grip lads.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #701: Feb 02, 2016 10:08:48 pm
      we need to pick a side to play in the Cups and keep them fresh and play anyone in the league games

Could we really justify binning all the kids off who got us to a cup final and then playing the 'seniors'.

Hand on heart do you think that would be fair? Or even wise?
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #702: Feb 02, 2016 10:09:49 pm
      Photo of Liverpool players training to get in the penalty area......

redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #703: Feb 02, 2016 10:09:50 pm
      We need at least a point from these games, if not the full three.  This team are not capable of achieving the three, so the one becomes essential.  I'm positive about our future as Jürgen will rebuild, and rebuild well.  But, its obvious there has to be a full scale clear out in the summer.  I think some first team regulars will be come squad players, we need to sign a GK, striker, and CB at least.  They need to be good enough to make an impact from day one and to take us to the next level within a season. 
      I think Jürgen will advance the young players, so 2 seasons of transition and then hopefully we will have a team who can challenge in all competitions.  I don't accept that our greatness is a thing of the past, but we need to fight hard to reclaim it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #704: Feb 02, 2016 10:11:02 pm
      When Jürgen Klopp first arrive at the club he stated that he would not sign any players in the January window because he wanted to see what the players at the club had to offer....He must be hope for the summer now and wondering just how he is going to bring in14-16 players and ship the same number out

if we have to bring in a large number of players then you can write next season off too. we need to bring in QUALITY PLAYERS in the summer or don't bother . 3 or 4 top players and then the same again in 2017
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #705: Feb 02, 2016 10:11:05 pm
      Main difference is they had a striker.   And we didn't.
      Its just F***ing boring at this stage trotting out the same sh*t, having as much if not more possession, shots etc. but being completely gormless up front.
      We also lacked a bit of invention, miss Cou.
      Bit shaky in defense, Lovren, Sakho, but Migs did makes some good saves and had no chance with the goals.
      Was a big game tonight, chance to put in a decent performance against a side near the top, and build just a wee bit of momentum, but that's gone up in smoke.
      Hard to see much changing till end of season, maybe might need to put little more importance in the return game vs. WH...
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #706: Feb 02, 2016 10:11:29 pm
      I honestly want to see us bin out the majority of this squad.

And replace half that number but make sure they are genuinely the best possible players we can buy. We saw under Benitez and in 13/14 that a quality core to your team can take you places.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #707: Feb 02, 2016 10:12:19 pm
      Could we really justify binning all the kids off who got us to a cup final and then playing the 'seniors'.

Hand on heart do you think that would be fair? Or even wise?

I expect he will play his strongest team in the final the question is wtf is that.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #708: Feb 02, 2016 10:13:54 pm
      Main difference is they had a striker.   And we didn't.
      Its just f**king boring at this stage trotting out the same sh*t, having as much if not more possession, shots etc. but being completely gormless up front.
      We also lacked a bit of invention, miss Cou.
      Bit shaky in defense, Lovren, Sakho, but Migs did makes some good saves and had no chance with the goals.
      Was a big game tonight, chance to put in a decent performance against a side near the top, and build just a wee bit of momentum, but that's gone up in smoke.
      Hard to see much changing till end of season, maybe might need to put little more importance in the return game vs. WH...

why do we need a striker we have just had a transfer window and brought nobody in.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #709: Feb 02, 2016 10:16:03 pm
      I expect he will play his strongest team in the final the question is wtf is that.

Mostly not tonight's lot!

DanMann

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #710: Feb 02, 2016 10:17:56 pm
      All frustrations aside, it must be noted that we absolutely controlled that game until Vardy's brilliant strike. We dominated, we threatened (you know what I mean!), it was comfortable for Liverpool. That goal came out of the blue. A long over head ball, and Vardy smashed it. It could happen to any top team. It was just a class strike - even though I wish Mignolet was quicker to get back to his line.

That then changed the whole game, and it was always a loss after that.

The real disappointment that is we never look like scoring. Our attacking movement and passing is always so predictable, and never troubling the opposition.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #711: Feb 02, 2016 10:18:25 pm
      All this talk of needing a striker, we obviously do but just look at the contribution from the midfield of Milner, Can, Lallana and Lucas............zero goal threat combined with the technical skills of non league players.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #712: Feb 02, 2016 10:19:11 pm

Mig
        Flanno       Skrtel     Toure    Smith
                               Lucas
                Brannagan         Coutinho
                              Teixeira
                         Firmino   Sturridge

My opinion anyway.                     

Quick Reply