Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland: In Game and Post Game Discussion

Read 31363 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Re: Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland: In Game and Post Game Discussion
      Reply #782: Feb 07, 2016 01:16:59 pm
      Dear oh F***ing dear. If a bird fu**ed you over as many times as Liverpool have done, then you'd of jibbed her off years ago. Yet, you can't with this club. They constantly leave you disappointed and we constantly flock back for more. We're a glutton for punishment at Liverpool.

We didn't play by any stretch, Sunderland allowed us to knock the ball about but, as per usual, the end product was lacking the real sort of quality Liverpool Football Club needs. Defensively we had very little to do and what we did have to do, we failed to. If Sunderland wanted to, they could of won the match. If they had that little bit of belief, they'd of got al three. Instead it was their game plan to slap 10 men behind the ball and then expect Defoe to get on the end of some aimlessly hit ball forward.

And even against that tactic, we only got a draw.

Without the manager there, it was back to watching Pascoe and Marsh on the bench. Brain and Pep are hardly the most vocal on the sidelines are they? I suppose that's just one of many things we gloss over because of who the manager is though.

Overall, the standard of this squad is at an all time low and we still perform below it far too often. And yet this "group" could still emulate the 2001 treble winning side - which as far as I'm concerned was the best squad I've seen at Liverpool. That's actually staggering.

Mignolet - another howler. Some goals that aren't his fault getting thrown at him because of his past cock ups. Then goals like this one, almost justify it because he makes so many errors. And like most errors keepers make, they are costly. It wasn't even that difficult a save to make for the first goal. His confidence is shot but it's a double ended sword, he has no confidence in his defence (justifiably) while his defence has no confidence no him (justifiably)

Clyne - again didn't make too many major errors but didn't have that good a game either. He gets forward with little success. Kharzi didn't really trouble him mind, so defensively he was ok. Was nowhere near Van Aanholt when he had the chance to get Sunderland a goal.

Lovren - wasn't asked to do a lot leading up to the injury. One stretch from a ball over the top and he's out injured again. Is he a major loss? I wouldn't of thought so really. But it probably is as he is our second best fit centre half, behind the fella who was sat on the bench and replaced him.

Sakho - he's F***ing useless. Ship him off in the summer for whatever price we can con a club out of. I've had plenty of arguments about him on here for the past two and a half years, people telling me I was wrong to not rate him. Now, if anything, they seem to be his most vocal critics. It's the Lallana effect.

Moreno - was gallivanting up and down the left hand side and was nowhere near his left back position for the majority of the game. Left hand side of the defence is clearly our weakest and it's a surprise more teams don't try and exploit it. And when he does get forward his decision making is worse than David Cameron's.

Can't - again sh*te. Give it 18 months, he'll get the treatment Lallana and Sakho are receiving now.

Henderson - played some nice passes, kept the ball more often than not but didn't hurt his old club once. All easy passes, nothing of note. Stats wise he'll look boss, actual quality it was lacking.

Allen - more than deserved his start and while he wasn't outstanding, he was doing alright till the injury. That injury probably means more starts for Emre Can though.

Milner - another huffing and puffing with no quality performance. The ball in for Firmino's goal was a belter though.

Lallana - for me had one of his better games because, in the main, he got it and give it. No poncing about for hours on end doing his daft drag backs and dropping the shoulder, while actually getting nowhere. Took his goal very well.

Firmino - was anonymous for most of the game but when he came alive, he showed real class. Very well taken header for the first, great determination to close down for the second and having the awareness around him to square it to Lallana. One or two other nice pieces of work. Will get man of the match undoubtedly for those glimpses of quality.

Toure - it's amazing to think that I consider this man our best centre half right now. Another solid enough performance.

Ibe - I can't recall Jordon touching the ball bar one shot. Another disappointing showing from Ibe.

Lucas - five minutes on the pitch and didn't do a lot. Can't really comment on his performance.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #783: Feb 07, 2016 01:32:41 pm
      Dear oh f**king dear. If a bird fu**ed you over as many times as Liverpool have done, then you'd of jibbed her off years ago. Yet, you can't with this club. They constantly leave you disappointed and we constantly flock back for more. We're a glutton for punishment at Liverpool.

We didn't play by any stretch, Sunderland allowed us to knock the ball about but, as per usual, the end product was lacking the real sort of quality Liverpool Football Club needs. Defensively we had very little to do and what we did have to do, we failed to. If Sunderland wanted to, they could of won the match. If they had that little bit of belief, they'd of got al three. Instead it was their game plan to slap 10 men behind the ball and then expect Defoe to get on the end of some aimlessly hit ball forward.

And even against that tactic, we only got a draw.

Without the manager there, it was back to watching Pascoe and Marsh on the bench. Brain and Pep are hardly the most vocal on the sidelines are they? I suppose that's just one of many things we gloss over because of who the manager is though.

Overall, the standard of this squad is at an all time low and we still perform below it far too often. And yet this "group" could still emulate the 2001 treble winning side - which as far as I'm concerned was the best squad I've seen at Liverpool. That's actually staggering.

Mignolet - another howler. Some goals that aren't his fault getting thrown at him because of his past cock ups. Then goals like this one, almost justify it because he makes so many errors. And like most errors keepers make, they are costly. It wasn't even that difficult a save to make for the first goal. His confidence is shot but it's a double ended sword, he has no confidence in his defence (justifiably) while his defence has no confidence no him (justifiably)

Clyne - again didn't make too many major errors but didn't have that good a game either. He gets forward with little success. Kharzi didn't really trouble him mind, so defensively he was ok. Was nowhere near Van Aanholt when he had the chance to get Sunderland a goal.

Lovren - wasn't asked to do a lot leading up to the injury. One stretch from a ball over the top and he's out injured again. Is he a major loss? I wouldn't of thought so really. But it probably is as he is our second best fit centre half, behind the fella who was sat on the bench and replaced him.

Sakho - he's f**king useless. Ship him off in the summer for whatever price we can con a club out of. I've had plenty of arguments about him on here for the past two and a half years, people telling me I was wrong to not rate him. Now, if anything, they seem to be his most vocal critics. It's the Lallana effect.

Moreno - was gallivanting up and down the left hand side and was nowhere near his left back position for the majority of the game. Left hand side of the defence is clearly our weakest and it's a surprise more teams don't try and exploit it. And when he does get forward his decision making is worse than David Cameron's.

Can't - again sh*te. Give it 18 months, he'll get the treatment Lallana and Sakho are receiving now.

Henderson - played some nice passes, kept the ball more often than not but didn't hurt his old club once. All easy passes, nothing of note. Stats wise he'll look boss, actual quality it was lacking.

Allen - more than deserved his start and while he wasn't outstanding, he was doing alright till the injury. That injury probably means more starts for Emre Can though.

Milner - another huffing and puffing with no quality performance. The ball in for Firmino's goal was a belter though.

Lallana - for me had one of his better games because, in the main, he got it and give it. No poncing about for hours on end doing his daft drag backs and dropping the shoulder, while actually getting nowhere. Took his goal very well.

Firmino - was anonymous for most of the game but when he came alive, he showed real class. Very well taken header for the first, great determination to close down for the second and having the awareness around him to square it to Lallana. One or two other nice pieces of work. Will get man of the match undoubtedly for those glimpses of quality.

Toure - it's amazing to think that I consider this man our best centre half right now. Another solid enough performance.

Ibe - I can't recall Jordon touching the ball bar one shot. Another disappointing showing from Ibe.

Lucas - five minutes on the pitch and didn't do a lot. Can't really comment on his performance.
      Toure just as culpable for their second as Sakho was
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,324 posts | 1524 
      Reply #784: Feb 07, 2016 03:11:28 pm
      Not much to add really. Thought we were doing ok until Migs regulation howler, and how was Defoe allowed to turn like he did. Piss poor defending and goal keeping cost us. Nothing less.
      Firmino MOTM, he wanted it more than anyone else. Good goal, and very good assist.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #785: Feb 07, 2016 04:14:48 pm
      Only calm enough to talk about it now.

Mignolet - leave.

Clyne - looks like he has a gun to his head whenever he has the ball. The composure of a virgin in a brothel. Absolutely no resemblance to the fullback he was at Southampton.

Sakho - sh*te.

Lovren - unlucky.

Moreno - leave.

Can - sh*te. His ability on the ball is awful lately. He takes a pass without knowing who is around him and he is often taking his first touch facing his own keeper. He doesn't touch and turn, he touches it back and then lays it off to a defender unless he has 20 yards of space to take the ball and turn to get the ball forward. When we're relying on him to get the ball out of our half and start going forward, it's clearly a huge problem.

Henderson - sh*te. Worse than sh*te. How an international midfielder and Liverpool captain plays that poorly - and has done so for the past month - is beyond me. 

Allen - probably our best CM right now and the poor lad gets injured. Looked good when he was on.

Milner - sh*te with one magical cross. Typical graft and work off the ball.

Lallana - ineffective and has Firmino to thank for any sort of credit that comes his way for his performance.

Firmino - the only player in our team that would make it in a top four club's starting XI. When you look above and think how much we paid for the load of sh*te that litters this team, it's a disgrace. But he was excellent when he finally got the ball and he busts his balls to close down the opposition when we don't have the ball. We have to build around him in the summer along with Coutinho and he'll get even better.

Our spine is so F***ing average, it's no surprise we are where we are on the ladder and why we're turning in these performances. We have no centre back that takes charge of the defence, our midfield is bang average and ineffective when trying to get the ball to the front three and our keeper is the biggest bag of sh*te that i'd rather have an actual bag of poo standing in our goal. At least it'd put off the opposition strikers with the massive stench coming from it.

It got to a point where i wanted to switch games and watch something interesting. I was so close to turning it to the Spurs/Watford game. We are just so typically average.

And the walk out was great to see but except for the 2-3 minutes before it, you would've thought the walk out happened in the 7th minute, not the 77th - thats how quiet the crowd was. I was hoping we would see and hear Anfield rocking up until the walk out to actually show what it would be like with and without the support but it was dead and flat.

Awful.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #786: Feb 07, 2016 07:56:04 pm
      Anyone notice that none of our current 11, barring Firmino and Can maybe, are any good with their back to goal? In both ends, but more so offensively, literally none of them know what to do when they receive the ball with back to goal. They dont even look to see if they have time to turn and face, they just hit it back or side asap. Its worrying how poor these lads are offensively.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #787: Feb 07, 2016 08:03:51 pm
      I thought we could've done a lot better with our finishing first half but we had them under control and the momentum continued into the second half and we got our rewards with two decent goals and I was feeling good about myself..

Then, pretty much around the 77th minute mark I started to feel unwell..
      My stomach was turning and I started to break out into a cold sweat then I got a horrendous migraine...

I must've blacked out, then when I came round it was 2-2 and all over...

I think I might have appendicitis !! :o
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #788: Feb 07, 2016 08:11:00 pm
      Anyone notice that none of our current 11, barring Firmino and Can maybe, are any good with their back to goal? In both ends, but more so offensively, literally none of them know what to do when they receive the ball with back to goal. They dont even look to see if they have time to turn and face, they just hit it back or side asap. Its worrying how poor these lads are offensively.

Coutinho is excellent with his back to goal, Lallana is decent as well but yes the rest are clueless.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #789: Feb 08, 2016 12:14:32 am
      Seeing the goals again tonight and i just can't believe how sh*t our keeper is. He makes a mistake every single game. He needs to go he is just god damn awful. I've never seen a worse number 1 for us before.

He is a professional goalkeeper playing in the premierleague and he can't even set a wall up straight. The free kick wasn't hit particularly well and it still creeps under him somehow. This is seriously school boy stuff. Just absolutely terrible.

The second goal was also shocking defending. I admit sakho should have been much tighter to Defoe and he can't let somebody like him turn inside the box but I urge you all to watch that goal again because how Kolo has gotten away with any stick is beyond me! The lad who turns kolo was so much worse than what Defoe & Sakho was. I'm not blaming mignolet for the second but I think he could have still saved it as well. 

At the end of the day this squad have been playing together for two years and under two seperate managers, one being the best in the business, and they're still nowhere near the top four. We have no spine, we have no leaders, we have no quality.

Our GK and back four always have the potential to leak a goal. Our midfield has no pace or creativity. Our strikers are either crippled or are just plain sh*t.

This isn't being dramatic, we need a massive clear out and we need to start again from scratch.  Let's f**k off this buying a big fish from a small pond tactic as well that we keep doing. Don't want to be shopping at f**king Swansea, Sunderland, Southampton or villa in the summer. Let's get some f**king quality in for fucks sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #790: Feb 08, 2016 09:11:50 am
      The worst thing is we now take the 2nd Sunderland goal as a norm. We dont expect Mignolet to have a go at that. He didnt even try ´cause his positioning and footwork is shocking. I watched the mancs yesterday - DDG saved a couple shots like that, even harder as they were smashed into the top corner. Ward it is for me until the end of season then reevaluate, Mings is shot completely.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #791: Feb 08, 2016 12:22:12 pm
      Coutinho is excellent with his back to goal, Lallana is decent as well but yes the rest are clueless.

Ye I meant our current 11 and I missed Lallana, but he still doesnt do it.
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #792: Feb 10, 2016 04:57:33 pm
      The way they came back plus the walkout felt much worse than any defeat this year. It's been a while since I felt so alone inside anfield.

Quick Reply