Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      4 (2.3%)
      Kolo Toure
      8 (4.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (1.1%)
      Emre Can
      6 (3.4%)
      James Milner
      6 (3.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      78 (44.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      51 (28.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      16 (9%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.6%)
      Kevin Stewart
      1 (0.6%)
      Christian Benteke
      2 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Voting closed: Feb 18, 2016 04:03:02 pm

Aston Villa 0-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Valentines love-in

Read 35408 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Aston Villa 0-6 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Valentines love-in
      Reply #667: Feb 15, 2016 04:18:09 pm
      Well somebody looks happy with the performance yesterday :D. I'm glad you had such a good away day.

Definately hun, happy days  8)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #668: Feb 15, 2016 04:49:59 pm
      Went for the little magician - though I think with Studge and Cou fit now (and a couple more additions in summer) we're going to be really purring over Firmino next season.

I think he'll take the league by storm - there are times just now when you see he sees things abut the rest are a half step behind......
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #669: Feb 15, 2016 05:45:24 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #670: Feb 15, 2016 05:56:58 pm
      Collymore on Talk Sport now just said Adama Traore is stuck on 9 appearances at Villa because if he goes to 10 games then his wage goes up to 75k a week. WTF :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #671: Feb 15, 2016 06:26:39 pm
      Luis is up to 23 goals in 21 games  over in Barca .   Frightening.

What's even more frightening is that he has 39 goals and 13 assists in 35 games overall so far this season.

6-0, wasn't expecting that and in all honesty how some of the goals went in I don't know. For the first time in a long time, we experienced what other teams experience when they score against us; utter sh*te defending and terrible goal keeping.

Just the kind of win we needed and if this doesn't spur us on then I don't know what will.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,509 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #672: Feb 15, 2016 07:07:13 pm
      Please give us the name of the company you work for and we'll make sure they pay you double every time we play !
      NHS, and it was double pay that day!  :lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #673: Feb 16, 2016 03:10:47 pm
      ... we're going to be really purring over Firmino next season.

I think he'll take the league by storm - there are times just now when you see he sees things abut the rest are a half step behind......

More than agree .   Keep giving him my MOTM .

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #674: Feb 16, 2016 06:46:14 pm
      had to give it to kolo kolo
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #675: Feb 16, 2016 07:17:39 pm
      More than agree .   Keep giving him my MOTM .

Hope your right I just dont see it unless he toughens up a bit and seems a bit lax at times hope I am wrong and give me all the stick you want I just have not got the buzz that most have about him
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #676: Feb 16, 2016 07:22:15 pm

I BELIEVE YOU JOLEON!

His pocket managed to:

1. Swipe his phone open,
      2. Google a photo of the model of his car,
      3. Tap it long enough to save it to his photos,
      4. Open the Twitter app,
      5. Tap to create a new Tweet,
      6. Find aforementioned photo of car,
      7. Select and tweet it out.

Who is F***ing dumber? Him for saying that, or the dumb F**k who suggested he use that excuse?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #677: Feb 16, 2016 07:34:29 pm
      I think the worst of this season is behind us and we can now look forward to a strong finish to the calender. I think people underestimate the squad a little in the respect that it can handle the odd injury and still be a winning one. What happened this season is a freak number of injuries and too much spotlight on squad players to become the star players.

Just with the inclusion of Phil and Studge, pressure has gone from the likes of Milner, Ibe, Lallana, Can and Firmino to be match winners. Those two are our match winners along with Firmino. The three of them fit and firing is a mouthwatering prospect and is so different to what we have seen these past months that it will completely transform us.

The squad players have took the hit but they have also sneaked us into a cup final and while there isn't much going for us in the league the season is still alive.

If we get out of this season with a trophy then we can build upon that. Still much to play for coming in to the business end of the year and we have to believe with players coming back that we are as good as any in our league.

It's one win but it was a statement that we are back to somewhere near full strength and ready to win some games again.

It also could be that with the star players back, we could start seeing a little bit more from players that have recently been written off.
      SouthRed
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #678: Feb 19, 2016 12:54:28 am
      I have been reading the forum for a while, I feel a bit ridiculous because I am based in Southampton right now and feeling horribly homesick, went to the game at Villa Park and stayed with a friend who supports Aston Villa. I actually thought we played better in some games that we've drawn, but Villa are a right shambles  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Anyway, was at the game undercover among the Villa fans (gutted not to be with the boys, but hey, I'm planning a trip to Anfield for the Newcastle game... 4-3?) and among the very depressed people there were a few absolute muppets who my friend knew. He was blaming the ref, screaming and having a meltdown. I thought he was on day release, but we had a bit of craic pretending to agree with him after each goal.

Anyway, today my friend linked me to a YouTube video and said it would be a fun surprise, and it was the lunatic being a lunatic again, so had to share as it cheered me up something major after having to come back to work down here this week, you might get a kick out of it, he was quite funny in a glad I don't live with him kinda way, here's a copy and paste of the vid, wish I'd got his details now just for future ref, but in fairness Villa are probably not playing us for a while now other than cups!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya7Br8iUT8Y

So, if anyone does fancy a chat about our season and tonight's stalemate (my one criticism of Klopp is he doesn't seem that arsed about the cups) then I would truly love a bit of banter with some more sane fans!

Thanks, my name is John by the way, you can call me SouthRed if you prefer, I'm a bit of a football forum virgin so sorry if this is a bit of a waffle! YNWA.
      SouthRed
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #679: Feb 19, 2016 12:57:41 am
      I think the worst of this season is behind us and we can now look forward to a strong finish to the calender. I think people underestimate the squad a little in the respect that it can handle the odd injury and still be a winning one. What happened this season is a freak number of injuries and too much spotlight on squad players to become the star players.

Just with the inclusion of Phil and Studge, pressure has gone from the likes of Milner, Ibe, Lallana, Can and Firmino to be match winners. Those two are our match winners along with Firmino. The three of them fit and firing is a mouthwatering prospect and is so different to what we have seen these past months that it will completely transform us.

The squad players have took the hit but they have also sneaked us into a cup final and while there isn't much going for us in the league the season is still alive.

If we get out of this season with a trophy then we can build upon that. Still much to play for coming in to the business end of the year and we have to believe with players coming back that we are as good as any in our league.

It's one win but it was a statement that we are back to somewhere near full strength and ready to win some games again.

It also could be that with the star players back, we could start seeing a little bit more from players that have recently been written off.

We have good options now. I think Coutinho is absolute dynamite, but seems a bit fragile with injury. I do like what Klopp is doing though (apart from cups!) He seems very on the ball, not too carried away with wins, draws or losses. He always has a good aura for me, I felt like Brendan was starting to get a bit stale towards the end and we chose a really good new manager to fix that.

Do you think we will keep Sturridge fit for the run in? If so surely 5th is there for the taking with United in such a state and Rooney out for 6 weeks!
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #680: Feb 19, 2016 10:37:10 am
      I have been reading the forum for a while, I feel a bit ridiculous because I am based in Southampton right now and feeling horribly homesick, went to the game at Villa Park and stayed with a friend who supports Aston Villa. I actually thought we played better in some games that we've drawn, but Villa are a right shambles  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Anyway, was at the game undercover among the Villa fans (gutted not to be with the boys, but hey, I'm planning a trip to Anfield for the Newcastle game... 4-3?) and among the very depressed people there were a few absolute muppets who my friend knew. He was blaming the ref, screaming and having a meltdown. I thought he was on day release, but we had a bit of craic pretending to agree with him after each goal.

Anyway, today my friend linked me to a YouTube video and said it would be a fun surprise, and it was the lunatic being a lunatic again, so had to share as it cheered me up something major after having to come back to work down here this week, you might get a kick out of it, he was quite funny in a glad I don't live with him kinda way, here's a copy and paste of the vid, wish I'd got his details now just for future ref, but in fairness Villa are probably not playing us for a while now other than cups!

So, if anyone does fancy a chat about our season and tonight's stalemate (my one criticism of Klopp is he doesn't seem that arsed about the cups) then I would truly love a bit of banter with some more sane fans!

Thanks, my name is John by the way, you can call me SouthRed if you prefer, I'm a bit of a football forum virgin so sorry if this is a bit of a waffle! YNWA.

Welcome to the croc-pit mate  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #681: Feb 19, 2016 10:54:43 am
      Klopp can't be responsible for this result in any way. Henderson is clearly better than Lucas right know or Klopp wouldn't have chose him. He is clearly seeing something in training that we don't see. The players we have just aren't good enough, Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino with Origi coming on later just isn't enough quality.... jet lag... yes lets blame it on the 2 hour comfy private jet?  :roll:

Wrong thread.  :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #682: Feb 19, 2016 11:00:52 am
      yea wrong thread.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #683: Feb 19, 2016 02:45:22 pm

actually your posts make more sense when you do post them on the wrong thread.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #684: Feb 19, 2016 03:17:03 pm

You're man with the dildo's on top of his wardrobe .

Quick Reply