Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Walkout 77'!

Read 30127 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Walkout 77'!
      Reply #230: Feb 08, 2016 06:53:07 pm
      This guy/girl from RAWK is spot on.. ( in my opinion) but not one response from anyone. Like it was never even wrote. I wonder why? because some forums are not open to debate and that's pretty pathetic.

£77 is a ridiculous price to watch a game of football.

However, I have to say this is really too little, too late from my perspective. The working class man was priced out ages ago. Those who still go to the match regularly cannot say they are on a working class man's income (I don't mean that in a disdainful way). Obviously a lot of us are from working class backgrounds and have working class political influences so probably do align more with the 'working class'. But economically the real working class folk were priced out years ago. And not just from football. My dad is on a proper working class income, let's just say he is supporting three lads 17-21 who are either trying to go to uni or just starting apprenticeships and my mum works part time. I won't disclose his income but it's far below £20,000. It's a struggle to treat the family to a day out at the pictures for example. So a while back, my money went into helping them out a bit. I could have been dismissive and carried on going the match. To be honest I can probably still squeeze most in, but priorities change as you get older and so they should do. There's more value in me paying £400 to take my brother to career fairs in London than attending 6/7 matches.

Coupled with poor ticketing policies for younger people, this has led to the apathetic, aging Anfield that we know today. If something effective was going to be done, it needed to be done 15-20 years ago. Because nothing was done years ago, a lot of people now find themselves the target. For years 'in's in' and 'I'm alright Jack' is pretty much the philosophy of how you got the match. You didn't care it was someone else's loyalty, you got in by hook or crook and used any advantage/spares to get in. Now the pinch will be felt at these more affluent regular match goers. However, whatever falls out that pinch is actually subsidising that 17-21 group, the free tickets here and there and keeping other ticket prices frozen or thereabouts. The complexity of the scheme and uncertainty of numbers means you can pretty much rattle the statistics and numbers to support pro or anti.

Further to this, most people seem to agree on the model. Just not the price. I've seem comments about 'divide and conquer'. That was done years ago, by the fans themselves. I'm not sold on the method of protest either. A few weeks ago we had the new manager make a political observation that 'he felt very alone'. You can read it how you want but there was a barb meant for the early darters in there as well. The commonality, as above, is a tiered pricing structure - its just the prices at dispute so I think the response is excessive. And to be honest, will probably be lost as it's only about 5-8 minutes before 'all rise' commences anyway (though there has been somewhat of an improvement since Klopp's comments). But you know, on the one hand we've got Klopp trying to build up that relationship between fans and club, and now we've got this campaign going on where players wages will come into it no doubt (of under performing players no less) and drive a wedge between it. I think it's a knee jerk response and someone needs to take a step back and actually think this through.

I think people are having too narrow a focus on the actual mechanics at play here. We have no refresh of fans coming through, as they can't get into the ground. For a refresh to happen, there has to be a purge. We've accumulated more seats so those who can afford to pay more, do pay more. This benefits the much reduced and free tickets and also keeps tickets in the Kop frozen and cheaper in some cases. It's certainly the lesser of two evils compared to what we have now in my opinion.

I've seen mention of already having tiered prices. I think that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe a price differential based on a forty year old economy just about covers what we have now.

I agree with the sentiment on the surface, but the target audience that will be affected by this will be those lower middle class people (economically speaking) who attend or attempt to attend most home games. It won't be the corporate whales - it never will be. They make up a small proportion anyway of the actual ticket numbers and bring in a lot of money. They wine and dine and seduce investors and sponsors. It's just the meta game behind the on-the-pitch stuff that we don't really have to concern ourselves with. The Main Stand Lower has now become premium seating basically. Centenary Lower has dropped in prices - where the matchday camera actually points as well. It basically looks as though the Paddock is going to be where the bulk of premium seating will be allocated as well.

Either way, the real benefit of this is only going to be felt ten years along the road. I think it's short sighted just to be so dismissive and reactive. This ticketing policy  has a way in to the club for young fans, and then a multi tiered approach to enable them to tailor their matchday experience according to the job/salary they end up in. If they can stretch to more expensive tickets, then the cycle of subsidisation begins again.

However, if you want to sit at the negotiating table then you have to have a real alternative. This threads around 30 pages and the most compelling argument is a feeling that 70% of the seats should be £30 (a page per pound). I mean, someone else can surely shout that's too expensive we want £20 tickets. The club has the difficult act of balancing club income, player wages, ticket prices along with fan expectations and sorting out a complete mess in temrs of match day attendance demographic. It seems a bit facetious that the current proposal makes no attempt to balance their ticket price demands against the same backdrop. So yes, in principle we'd all love £30 tickets, is it a realistic aim? Possibly, but it will cost the club possibly sinking into the championship.

Appreciate the post, but please provide the link and credit the poster in question.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #231: Feb 08, 2016 06:56:38 pm
      Appreciate the post, but please provide the link and credit the poster in question.

Sorry, long day..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #232: Feb 08, 2016 06:56:50 pm
      I feel exactly the same, i think the protest was a mistake. but thanks for your concern.

I'm more ashamed of gobs***e fans on here who cant accept a difference of opinion.. but hey imagine a world where everybody thinks the same regardless of right or wrong.

And maybe once the grumble weeds get their way.. maybe they will sing a bit or smile.

As you either can't accept a difference of opinion, quite clearly and don't have a sense of humour either, do you lid!!

I'm ashamed of people like you the 'I'm alright Jack's' you're basically the b***ard off-spring of Thatcher!!

Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #233: Feb 08, 2016 07:02:10 pm
      As you either can't accept a difference of opinion, quite clearly and don't have a sense of humour either, do you lid!!

I'm ashamed of people like you the 'I'm alright Jack's' you're basically the b***ard off-spring of Thatcher!!

wow... yeah swimming through sh*t to make it in life.. definitely a middle class thatcher w**ker! The very same fans who attend week in week out and don't sing, who don't give a sh*t about the millions who cant. hypocrisy is alive and well and living on LFC REDS

It's funny how you guys on here were full of compliments when we agreed on everything. funny that.... narrow minded people are the lowest common denominator. I'm glad my life isn't a forum
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #234: Feb 08, 2016 07:02:53 pm
      This article from lachesis on RAWK is spot on.. ( in my opinion) but not one response from anyone. Like it was never even wrote. I wonder why? because some forums are not open to debate and that's pretty pathetic.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325934.1000

However, I have to say this is really too little, too late from my perspective. The working class man was priced out ages ago. Those who still go to the match regularly cannot say they are on a working class man's income (I don't mean that in a disdainful way). Obviously a lot of us are from working class backgrounds and have working class political influences so probably do align more with the 'working class'. But economically the real working class folk were priced out years ago. And not just from football. My dad is on a proper working class income, let's just say he is supporting three lads 17-21 who are either trying to go to uni or just starting apprenticeships and my mum works part time. I won't disclose his income but it's far below £20,000. It's a struggle to treat the family to a day out at the pictures for example. So a while back, my money went into helping them out a bit. I could have been dismissive and carried on going the match. To be honest I can probably still squeeze most in, but priorities change as you get older and so they should do. There's more value in me paying £400 to take my brother to career fairs in London than attending 6/7 matches.

Coupled with poor ticketing policies for younger people, this has led to the apathetic, aging Anfield that we know today. If something effective was going to be done, it needed to be done 15-20 years ago. Because nothing was done years ago, a lot of people now find themselves the target. For years 'in's in' and 'I'm alright Jack' is pretty much the philosophy of how you got the match. You didn't care it was someone else's loyalty, you got in by hook or crook and used any advantage/spares to get in. Now the pinch will be felt at these more affluent regular match goers. However, whatever falls out that pinch is actually subsidising that 17-21 group, the free tickets here and there and keeping other ticket prices frozen or thereabouts. The complexity of the scheme and uncertainty of numbers means you can pretty much rattle the statistics and numbers to support pro or anti.

Further to this, most people seem to agree on the model. Just not the price. I've seem comments about 'divide and conquer'. That was done years ago, by the fans themselves. I'm not sold on the method of protest either. A few weeks ago we had the new manager make a political observation that 'he felt very alone'. You can read it how you want but there was a barb meant for the early darters in there as well. The commonality, as above, is a tiered pricing structure - its just the prices at dispute so I think the response is excessive. And to be honest, will probably be lost as it's only about 5-8 minutes before 'all rise' commences anyway (though there has been somewhat of an improvement since Klopp's comments). But you know, on the one hand we've got Klopp trying to build up that relationship between fans and club, and now we've got this campaign going on where players wages will come into it no doubt (of under performing players no less) and drive a wedge between it. I think it's a knee jerk response and someone needs to take a step back and actually think this through.

I think people are having too narrow a focus on the actual mechanics at play here. We have no refresh of fans coming through, as they can't get into the ground. For a refresh to happen, there has to be a purge. We've accumulated more seats so those who can afford to pay more, do pay more. This benefits the much reduced and free tickets and also keeps tickets in the Kop frozen and cheaper in some cases. It's certainly the lesser of two evils compared to what we have now in my opinion.

I've seen mention of already having tiered prices. I think that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe a price differential based on a forty year old economy just about covers what we have now.

I agree with the sentiment on the surface, but the target audience that will be affected by this will be those lower middle class people (economically speaking) who attend or attempt to attend most home games. It won't be the corporate whales - it never will be. They make up a small proportion anyway of the actual ticket numbers and bring in a lot of money. They wine and dine and seduce investors and sponsors. It's just the meta game behind the on-the-pitch stuff that we don't really have to concern ourselves with. The Main Stand Lower has now become premium seating basically. Centenary Lower has dropped in prices - where the matchday camera actually points as well. It basically looks as though the Paddock is going to be where the bulk of premium seating will be allocated as well.

Either way, the real benefit of this is only going to be felt ten years along the road. I think it's short sighted just to be so dismissive and reactive. This ticketing policy  has a way in to the club for young fans, and then a multi tiered approach to enable them to tailor their matchday experience according to the job/salary they end up in. If they can stretch to more expensive tickets, then the cycle of subsidisation begins again.

However, if you want to sit at the negotiating table then you have to have a real alternative. This threads around 30 pages and the most compelling argument is a feeling that 70% of the seats should be £30 (a page per pound). I mean, someone else can surely shout that's too expensive we want £20 tickets. The club has the difficult act of balancing club income, player wages, ticket prices along with fan expectations and sorting out a complete mess in temrs of match day attendance demographic. It seems a bit facetious that the current proposal makes no attempt to balance their ticket price demands against the same backdrop. So yes, in principle we'd all love £30 tickets, is it a realistic aim? Possibly, but it will cost the club possibly sinking into the championship.

Quite possibly because some other posters have previously been on that forum and find that any sort of argument like you get on here and other forums are quickly jumped on by admin by either banning posters or locking down threads.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #235: Feb 08, 2016 07:07:52 pm
      wow... yeah swimming through sh*t to make it in life.. definitely a middle class thatcher w**ker! The very same fans who attend week in week out and don't sing, who don't give a sh*t about the millions who cant. hypocrisy is alive and well and living on LFC REDS

It's funny how you guys on here were full of compliments when we agreed on everything. funny that.... narrow minded people are the lowest common denominator. I'm glad my life isn't a forum

Well you know where the F***ing door is nobhead!!

Awwwwww you never been on the march with Kenny's army or sang about the mighty reds on las ramblas or had a hell of a party in Dortmund or Istanbul singing all night long.

My apologies, must be one sh*t life you have  :lmao:
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #236: Feb 08, 2016 07:13:00 pm
      Well you know where the f**king door is nobhead!!

Awwwwww you never been on the march with Kenny's army or sang about the mighty reds on las ramblas or had a hell of a party in Dortmund or Istanbul singing all night long.

My apologies, must be one sh*t life you have  :lmao:

Yeah definitely a sh*t life.

You do know the difference between a forum and real life right?

Saying that. I've been on LFCREDS for 17 days, 4 hours and 26 mins. you've posted 24,443 times.. Yeah you've probably forgotten real life after all that time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #237: Feb 08, 2016 07:21:16 pm
      Yeah definitely a sh*t life.

You do know the difference between a forum and real life right?

Saying that. I've been on LFCREDS for 17 days, 4 hours and 26 mins. you've posted 24,443 times.. Yeah you've probably forgotten real life after all that time.

What like actually going the match!!

I've been on/off since 2006 - I know the person who runs the forum, we went to school together and went on the Kop together as 14/15 year olds, so as soon as he told me he'd got the website off the ground and this forum of course I was going to join. Tbh this place and RAOTL are the only two football forums I go on.

Well in real life, I've just had a lovely bacon, sausage and egg on toast with a brew and now going to skin a fat one up - that ok with you?
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #238: Feb 08, 2016 07:25:59 pm
      What like actually going the match!!

I've been on/off since 2006 - I know the person who runs the forum, we went to school together and went on the Kop together as 14/15 year olds, so as soon as he told me he'd got the website off the ground and this forum of course I was going to join. Tbh this place and RAOTL are the only two football forums I go on.

Well in real life, I've just had a lovely bacon, sausage and egg on toast with a brew and now going to skin a fat one up - that ok with you?

Yep, its been a long day i'll be hitting a bowl.. glad after a mad couple of days on here, i finally agree on something :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #239: Feb 08, 2016 07:29:09 pm

Thank you mate.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #240: Feb 08, 2016 08:55:08 pm
      what am i now? because i don't agree with the protest? I'm somehow cast away from a club I've supported since i was three years old. Thank the lord Liverpool football club isn't owned by LFC Reds.

A club you've supported since you were three years old ?

Jesus H Christ, going by the intellect of your posts, in reference to the camaraderie of the L.F.C. family,
      you didn't learn much in those two years did you.   :f_tongueincheek:

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #241: Feb 08, 2016 11:59:20 pm
      The Hoeness quote is several years old at this point, and I'm sure Bayern's ticket prices have increased since then. The cheapest ticket is standing room only. The most expensive is English rate level.

Now if all seats for all games were the maximum amount, then yes we have an issue to deal with.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #242: Feb 09, 2016 03:03:13 am
      Have to say - there are a lot of naysayers on here, and in general regarding the walkout... What will it achieve, what good will it do, etc etc... I cant stand this attitude - its beyond weak. From my view it is essentially 'it wont change so why should we bother trying' - what a terrible life attitude that is.

From your view, "it wont change so why should we bother trying", have you considered people who have fought before and got nowhere?

Beyond weak? have you considered these people who have this attitude now because what they have done before failed miserably simply because as long as LFC were winning games and trophies this wasnt important?

Or are you considering this attitude now because you are now in the supporters situation "back then" when they were being robbed.

Its ok adding your support when the team is losing, like many, where was it when these folks needed the support when it mattered?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #243: Feb 09, 2016 05:36:15 am
      From your view, "it wont change so why should we bother trying", have you considered people who have fought before and got nowhere?

Beyond weak? have you considered these people who have this attitude now because what they have done before failed miserably simply because as long as LFC were winning games and trophies this wasnt important?

Or are you considering this attitude now because you are now in the supporters situation "back then" when they were being robbed.

Its ok adding your support when the team is losing, like many, where was it when these folks needed the support when it mattered?

Eh?  :f_doh: :f_doh: :food-smiley-005:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #244: Feb 09, 2016 06:45:30 am
      Walked into work today and an Arsenal mate said what was that walkout bullshit?

Explained to him the situation of the increased ticket prices and he said he would have done exactly the same thing...walked out!

77 pounds is almost $150 Aussie Dollars ...that's F***ing a ridiculous price to pay for a sport, every week that goes for 95 F***ing minutes!

Money hungry cu*ts, pricing the locals out. The atmosphere at Anfeld is almost non existent as we speak, imagine it without the locals.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #245: Feb 09, 2016 08:20:36 am
      Here is what Klopp have to say about this.
      http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10160890/Jürgen-klopp-admits-liverpool-need-to-resolve-ticket-dispute-with-fans
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #246: Feb 09, 2016 08:27:44 am
      The Hoeness quote is several years old at this point, and I'm sure Bayern's ticket prices have increased since then. The cheapest ticket is standing room only. The most expensive is English rate level.

Now if all seats for all games were the maximum amount, then yes we have an issue to deal with.

Hahaha just seen your post in the Leicester thread where you walked out on the 75th minute and yet you have a problem with fans who walked out the Sunderland game!

Confirmed gobs***e!!
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #247: Feb 09, 2016 08:29:38 am
      In reality the actions that are available to the fans to reduce ticket prices are very limited. The main obstacle, being that even at the extortionate price of the current ticket, there are enough people able and willing to pay for a seat. For every fan who decides to boycott  the match, another will gladly take his place.

The sad thing of course, is that for many years football was the salvation of the poor, a means by which they could escape the mundane existence they were dealt, even if it was for only 90 minutes every Saturday. In the main, the rich were not interested. The other thing  being, in those days most of the fans were all local to their stadiums and simply walked to the match from their homes.
      Nowadays, we are told Liverpool have a worldwide fan base of 580 million people. So if all of them turned up every week we would have about  14,000  people for every  seat.

I was reading that in 1989 it cost approximately 4 pounds to watch a Liverpool match, and I believe the average price is now 40 pounds, about 10 times higher. Of course prior to the all seater stadiums, brought on by safety issues, the capacity was much greater. I believe Anfield used to fit more like 55,000 inside or even a few more. On my reckoning ticket prices have gone up by 10 times the amount, in a period where wages have only increased by about 3 times.

So now football clubs have become big business, the playthings of the rich. The stadiums have become more comfortable, appealing to a wider category of people. They are no longer the salvation of the poor.
      From what I have read and seen, the club are claiming that they have consulted with fan groups, and that the overall changes have 'something for everyone'. They say there are going to be free tickets for school children, 9 pound tickets, and that only a small number are increasing.

I agree in principle to any action taken by the people to try and influence the rich owners of the club to reduce the ticket prices.  The sad shame of it is that it did not happen in a bigger way many years ago, before the real damage was done. The lower class patrons who originally found salvation by going to watch their football team play every Saturday, have long ago been priced out of that possibility. 
      They are the ones I feel sorry for.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #248: Feb 09, 2016 10:07:03 am
      Seems like wheels are turning at several levels now so it appears that the protest will bear fruit not only for Liverpool but many other clubs.

An earlier poster was correct. The working class fan was priced out of taking himself and his lad every week a long time ago.

I feel lucky now that I was able to have some years experiencing an amazing Anfield for about a fiver a pop. Feel sorry for those (including myself) who now pay 10x for less than 10% of the experience.

Money really does ruin a lot of things!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #249: Feb 09, 2016 10:16:19 am
      This article from lachesis on RAWK is spot on.. ( in my opinion) but not one response from anyone. Like it was never even wrote. I wonder why? because some forums are not open to debate and that's pretty pathetic.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325934.1000

This doesn't add much weight to your opinion mate. It merely highlights the extent of the current problem.

Firstly, it shows an even bigger urgency to make a stand, otherwise even the lower middle class the post refers to will be priced out. Mancs haven't become known as the prawn sandwich brigade for no reason. I for one, certainly do not want out club further isolated from the real fans.

Secondly, if the benefits of a protest will be felt ten or twenty years down the line, then even bigger reason to start now. Who better to connect with their local club then our kids? Football is dying a slow death in this country unless it's challenged. Europeans have got it so right on that front. Barca, Madrid, Munich et al deliberately keep their prices low to ensure match day support is from real fans who can affect change during the game. They have enough revenues from other sources without needing to resort to overcharging fans. LFC needs the real fans. Forget the glorious days of 80s and the lows of 90s when the supporters still sang loud, I miss the days of Rafa even when we had a voice on the stands.

Thirdly, purely from a management perspective, it destabilized the club. With so many disgruntled fans voicing their opinion, we're in the news for the wrong reasons. Players and the manager need to have an almost invisible ownership and board behind them so they can focus on the game. Yes they're professionals, but no matter if they're the best players in the world, it will affect their mentality.

I for one hope the whole stadium walks out in the next game if the tickets aren't given back to the proper fans who scape and save to give themselves or their kids the dream of going to Anfield.

Thirdly,
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #250: Feb 09, 2016 10:34:36 am
      Seems like wheels are turning at several levels now so it appears that the protest will bear fruit not only for Liverpool but many other clubs.

An earlier poster was correct. The working class fan was priced out of taking himself and his lad every week a long time ago.

I feel lucky now that I was able to have some years experiencing an amazing Anfield for about a fiver a pop. Feel sorry for those (including myself) who now pay 10x for less than 10% of the experience.

Money really does ruin a lot of things!

JD think if I remember correctly it used to £3.50 for entry to the Kop when it was standing in the early 80's as well.

Those were the days!

Away games you could pay on the turnstiles....had to get their early to get in...awesome stuff.
      Pats
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #251: Feb 09, 2016 11:39:21 am
      Well said!

Well done to the supporters who took a stand.

Like even Alan Shearer said, in a season when clubs are getting £40M extra from TV money - NO fan should be expected to pay a penny more next season.

When I look at Liverpool handing out £20M 5 year deals to the likes of Mignolet, or paying £50M for players who are loaned abroad I feel massively angry that the club have also decided to raid ordinary fans wallets for an unnecessary £2M.

Pure greed.

If I had been there I would have walked out too.

The sooner the club backtrack and realise they are doing more than £2M worth of PR damage the better.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #252: Feb 09, 2016 12:34:48 pm

55% of ticket prices are increasing, so does it matter that they won't all be £77

Quick Reply