Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Walkout 77'!

Read 30148 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Re: Walkout 77'!
      Reply #46: Feb 07, 2016 10:22:42 am
      Good organisations would execute service recovery if they know they'll be losing their customers.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #47: Feb 07, 2016 10:26:23 am
      Yes i know that,but still that is not going to change anything!

you obviously were not around here in 2010. Empty seats and the crowd leaving the Stadium would have been seen all around the World and FSG will not like that one bit. It was the perfect way to start a campaign against extorting money from the fans and it is extortion 
      because what choice do they have and the owners know this.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #48: Feb 07, 2016 10:53:14 am
      Pity we didn't have a few more people like Rafa and Pepe round at the time.

Aye.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,222 posts | 1222 
      Reply #49: Feb 07, 2016 10:56:01 am
      Well done to the supporters who took a stand.

Like even Alan Shearer said, in a season when clubs are getting £40M extra from TV money - NO fan should be expected to pay a penny more next season.

When I look at Liverpool handing out £20M 5 year deals to the likes of Mignolet, or paying £50M for players who are loaned abroad I feel massively angry that the club have also decided to raid ordinary fans wallets for an unnecessary £2M.

Pure greed.

If I had been there I would have walked out too.

The sooner the club backtrack and realise they are doing more than £2M worth of PR damage the better.

They are taking the p!ss. It's expensive enough as it is to go to a top flight game these days, but to ask for more from the fans whilst clubs and foreign owners, along with managers, players, agents etc. all stand to benefit from massive increases in TV revenues is to repudiate any commitment to fairness and any sense of perspective as to the way this club should be run.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #50: Feb 07, 2016 10:56:34 am
      One empty stadium, for one match at an average of £50 a ticket = the £2m they are trying to grab off the fans.

Solidarity for one match wipes out their greed in one fell swoop.

how many times this summer will they overpay for a player . If they just do their job in a professional manner they would not need to fleece fans.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #51: Feb 07, 2016 11:22:25 am
      You know what I would still rather be under the ownership of Moores.

What we have become since leaves a sour taste in the mouth.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #52: Feb 07, 2016 11:24:10 am
      The FA needs to step in regarding ticket pricing as it will benefit them in the long run. Lower ticket pricing means a wider audience and in the long term increases participation at lower level football. It's purely a money game these days, so I can't see them stepping in until it's too late. Most sports are heading this way now. I was talking to a friend the other day and he paid £18 to watch a non league game.

Nice idea. But as you pointed out, there's too much money in the game for the bods to let go. It's what makes the world go round, don't you know?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #53: Feb 07, 2016 11:26:29 am
      One empty stadium, for one match at an average of £50 a ticket = the £2m they are trying to grab off the fans.

Solidarity for one match wipes out their greed in one fell swoop.

Too many people who think of themselves, rather than seeing the bigger picture will F**k up any endeavour at getting this one in place.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: Feb 07, 2016 11:51:41 am
      Anyone who thinks the walkout yesterday was a waste of time and nothing will change don't understand Liverpool.  That's the City, the People and Liverpool Football Club.

If the owners choose not to take notice and come back to the negotiating table, they definitely don't know what we're capable of or have totally misjudged the groundswell of feelings about the issues of not just the new prices but the pricing structure generally.

They said that ordinary fans wouldn't be paying for the new stand, that the corporates, hospitality and sponsors would cover the costs.  They lied!

10000-15000 fans walked out yesterday, it was a massive show of support considering the idea only surfaced 2 days before the match.  It's been shown worldwide, it's in every media outlet nationally, everybody's talking about it. 

They've been in talks with supporter groups for over 12 months, there were positive vibes coming from Ayre and Gordon about the proposals, the fans groups were happy with how things were going and thought they had a consensus on how the Club would proceed but Boston didn't agree. 

They were the ones who pulled the plug!!  After all the rhetoric of working with the fans on how to take the Club forward, the setting up of supporter groups, the dialogue that they'd listen and here we are, 5 years on having to take drastic action to get our voices heard.

The ball's in their court now, if they choose not to respond there will be further action.  The sponsors are next, emails are already being sent to a variety of top dogs at Subway as a starting point, others will follow.

They're happy to use the Kop, the fans, the songs, the chants, the famous "atmosphere", the flags, the banners to "market" their tickets but the ones they're pricing out of going to the game are the ones that provide all of the above. 

The majority of people who were left in the ground yesterday are "the customers" they're trying to attract.  The ones who pay their money to be entertained not just by the football but from the Kopites themselves.  How many of those left stood at full time, scarves aloft, singing YNWA?  Not F***ing many!!

We complain about the lack of atmosphere every home game and have done for a long time but when 3/4 of the ground is full of customers rather than the hardcore fans it's hardly a surprise the other 1/4 can't make themselves heard.

If there's one thing these Yanks love more than money it's good press, if there's one thing they hate more than losing is money it's bad press - well they got that in spades yesterday.

As a side note but sort of linked, anyone remember the campaign "£20 is plenty" for away tickets, the money that was "given" to Clubs to help reduce prices for away tickets across the whole PL, well there was a vote last week by PL CEO's - they voted against it and we were one of them.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #55: Feb 07, 2016 12:04:56 pm
      With this now going on, all I can think of is seeing the huge 80,000 plus crowds in photos in a bygone era. When a club was built around the support from the fan base. Unfortunately that was an era before my time, but I know what a sad state of affairs we have arrived at when all the aim of the club is to make as much money as possible, regardless of the price.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #56: Feb 07, 2016 12:08:23 pm
      Am I the only who thinks English football is heading towards the direction of Italian football? Empty stadiums and sh*t games..
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #57: Feb 07, 2016 12:10:05 pm
      Anyone who thinks the walkout yesterday was a waste of time and nothing will change don't understand Liverpool.  That's the City, the People and Liverpool Football Club.

If the owners choose not to take notice and come back to the negotiating table, they definitely don't know what we're capable of or have totally misjudged the groundswell of feelings about the issues of not just the new prices but the pricing structure generally.

They said that ordinary fans wouldn't be paying for the new stand, that the corporates, hospitality and sponsors would cover the costs.  They lied!

10000-15000 fans walked out yesterday, it was a massive show of support considering the idea only surfaced 2 days before the match.  It's been shown worldwide, it's in every media outlet nationally, everybody's talking about it. 

They've been in talks with supporter groups for over 12 months, there were positive vibes coming from Ayre and Gordon about the proposals, the fans groups were happy with how things were going and thought they had a consensus on how the Club would proceed but Boston didn't agree. 

They were the ones who pulled the plug!!  After all the rhetoric of working with the fans on how to take the Club forward, the setting up of supporter groups, the dialogue that they'd listen and here we are, 5 years on having to take drastic action to get our voices heard.

The ball's in their court now, if they choose not to respond there will be further action.  The sponsors are next, emails are already being sent to a variety of top dogs at Subway as a starting point, others will follow.

They're happy to use the Kop, the fans, the songs, the chants, the famous "atmosphere", the flags, the banners to "market" their tickets but the ones they're pricing out of going to the game are the ones that provide all of the above. 

The majority of people who were left in the ground yesterday are "the customers" they're trying to attract.  The ones who pay their money to be entertained not just by the football but from the Kopites themselves.  How many of those left stood at full time, scarves aloft, singing YNWA?  Not f**king many!!

We complain about the lack of atmosphere every home game and have done for a long time but when 3/4 of the ground is full of customers rather than the hardcore fans it's hardly a surprise the other 1/4 can't make themselves heard.

If there's one thing these Yanks love more than money it's good press, if there's one thing they hate more than losing is money it's bad press - well they got that in spades yesterday.

As a side note but sort of linked, anyone remember the campaign "£20 is plenty" for away tickets, the money that was "given" to Clubs to help reduce prices for away tickets across the whole PL, well there was a vote last week by PL CEO's - they voted against it and we were one of them.

Great post Debs. Informative and heart felt. If only the "customers" had half your passion, we wouldn't even be at this miserable junction.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2840 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #58: Feb 07, 2016 12:15:56 pm
      Am I the only who thinks English football is heading towards the direction of Italian football? Empty stadiums and sh*t games..

I partlially agree. I say partially because I think there's more gobshites around the globe willing to pay whatever to see us or whoever then there is willing to go to see serie A games. I could be wrong on that though
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #59: Feb 07, 2016 12:18:50 pm
      I partlially agree. I say partially because I think there's more gobshites around the globe willing to pay whatever to see us or whoever then there is willing to go to see serie A games. I could be wrong on that though

Serie A used to be a top league before everyone stopped caring. The Premier League used to be a top league as well...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2840 
      Reply #60: Feb 07, 2016 12:21:58 pm
      Serie A used to be a top league before everyone stopped caring. The Premier League used to be a top league as well...

Yes I'm well aware of that. My point is people from outside of Italy aren't that inclined to regularly travel to see games in it. People from outside the uk remortgage themselves to get over to games as much as possible.  So there is more demand then serie A.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #61: Feb 07, 2016 12:22:13 pm

The majority of people who were left in the ground yesterday are "the customers" they're trying to attract.  The ones who pay their money to be entertained not just by the football but from the Kopites themselves.  How many of those left stood at full time, scarves aloft, singing YNWA?  Not F***ing many!!

Excellent post Debs +.
      As you point out a common theme to our owners conduct thus far is their economy with the truth, some would say 5 years of lies and taking the piss.
      There is a subtlety that discourages comparison with H&G, nevertheless at this moment in time the truth does scream out - we are being screwed again.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #62: Feb 07, 2016 12:31:51 pm
      Great post Debs. Informative and heart felt. If only the "customers" had half your passion, we wouldn't even be at this miserable junction.

"Customers" never will have mate but they're not interested in our passion, they just want our money.  Of course they can sell out Anfield, 100's of times over, even if they doubled the price but they'd soon run out of Customers as the product isn't of good enough quality. 

They're selling knock off quality football at Harrods prices.

Take away the passion and the remaining marketable value leaves with it.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #63: Feb 07, 2016 12:37:07 pm
      Most fans wouldn't know business if it bit them on the arse... They dream of a team of superstars yet don't want to pay the price. You can't have the moon on a stick and it can't be F***ing Christmas every day.

We lost two valuable points yesterday because the fans deemed it acceptable in mass to make a point.. I'll pay £77 in fact I'll pay a £100 if it gets me in Anfield because for too long the tickets have gone to unappreciative living in the past lifeless fans.

I expect you all to disagree with this, and I'm sorry but it's the truth.

Anfield has no atmosphere because the real fans rarely raise their voice when it matters. FACT 
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #64: Feb 07, 2016 12:40:17 pm
      "Customers" never will have mate but they're not interested in our passion, they just want our money.  Of course they can sell out Anfield, 100's of times over, even if they doubled the price but they'd soon run out of Customers as the product isn't of good enough quality. 

They're selling knock off quality football at Harrods prices.

Take away the passion and the remaining marketable value leaves with it.

The brand of unconvincing football currently on display MAY actually help in deterring the less than hard-core supporters. It certainly won't get much better this season with the club seemingly happy to spend 30m plus on average players, but won't take a "risk" on the proven quality that's actually needed as well. This club is certainly going through some very strange movements at this time. Personally I just hope a rich fan based consortium appears from the Ether and makes its much needed move, to put the club in the hands of the people who care the most.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #65: Feb 07, 2016 12:41:14 pm
      Most fans wouldn't know business if it bit them on the arse... They dream of a team of superstars yet don't want to pay the price. You can't have the moon on a stick and it can't be F***ing Christmas every day.

We lost two valuable points yesterday because the fans deemed it acceptable in mass to make a point.. I'll pay £77 in fact I'll pay a £100 if it gets me in Anfield because for too long the tickets have gone to unappreciative living in the past lifeless fans.

Anfield has no atmosphere because the real fans rarely raise their voice when it matters. FACT 

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2840 
      Reply #66: Feb 07, 2016 12:43:23 pm
      Most fans wouldn't know business if it bit them on the arse... They dream of a team of superstars yet don't want to pay the price. You can't have the moon on a stick and it can't be f**king Christmas every day.

There's a few things I could pick up on in that post but the one I find most ridiculous is blaming fans leaving the ground for blowing a 2 nil lead against sh*te opposition.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #67: Feb 07, 2016 12:43:41 pm
      Excellent post Debs +.
      As you point out a common theme to our owners conduct thus far is their economy with the truth, some would say 5 years of lies and taking the piss.
      There is a subtlety that discourages comparison with H&G, nevertheless at this moment in time the truth does scream out - we are being screwed again.

I think they've vastly over estimated the value of the Corporates and Hospitality packages for the new stand mate and are having to rethink where to make up the shortfall.

They're charging upto £25,000 more for corporate boxes than the highest priced ones at OT and the Emirates and even the players have balked at the price quoted for an executive box and said no thanks.

They got their sums wrong and now they've upset the natives - not a good combination  ;D
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #68: Feb 07, 2016 12:43:51 pm

So having a different opinion makes me a troll

Quick Reply