Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Walkout 77'!

Read 30100 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Walkout 77'!
      Reply #184: Feb 08, 2016 11:34:25 am
      The only people they listen to is their accountants mate, the fiscal implication to LFC&Co is obviously concerning some Uriah Heep character in Boston.

Stuey it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't a monumental fuckup by Ian Ayre, if the reports that they're shocked by the response are true.

As CEO he's supposed to know and understand his "customers", he's supposed to know what the market can handle in terms of pricing, so if this is on him then we could be looking for a new CEO soon.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #185: Feb 08, 2016 11:38:18 am
      Stuey it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't a monumental fuckup by Ian Ayre, if the reports that they're shocked by the response are true.

As CEO he's supposed to know and understand his "customers", he's supposed to know what the market can handle in terms of pricing, so if this is on him then we could be looking for a new CEO soon.

Hope so  :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #186: Feb 08, 2016 11:46:54 am

Another ''monumental F**k up'' by Ayre Debs, said it before mate the man's bollox record while totally unacceptable to the supporters can only be the desired role play to his appointees and employers.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #187: Feb 08, 2016 11:50:22 am

Wouldn't surprise me either,baring in mind he is at the club 24/7 and they are not and  him being CEO you would have thought he would be a bit more savvy & knowledgeable regarding our fans
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #188: Feb 08, 2016 11:52:18 am
      Another ''monumental F**k up'' by Ayre Debs, said it before mate the man's bollox record while totally unacceptable to the supporters can only be the desired role play to his appointees and employers.

That's what I mean though mate, if this is on him and they were shocked then HE totally misjudged the situation so he hasn't played the role they desired as bad PR like this hurts them more than anything.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #189: Feb 08, 2016 11:55:28 am
      Wouldn't surprise me either,baring in mind he is at the club 24/7 and they are not and  him being CEO you would have thought he would be a bit more savvy & knowledgeable regarding our fans

Not forgetting he's a scouser, a fan himself and witnessed first hand the protests against H&G.

How could he not have seen this coming?  It beggers belief but also reinforces what a dickhead he is!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #190: Feb 08, 2016 12:15:06 pm
      That's what I mean though mate, if this is on him and they were shocked then HE totally misjudged the situation so he hasn't played the role they desired as bad PR like this hurts them more than anything.

What I'm getting at Debs is Ayre is going nowhere, to think his decisions are completely unmonitored and down to him is a little naïve.
      The ticket hike is such a massive issue it is inconceivable that it would not have gone through board room process and all that entails; as per Ayre is put forward as a foil between JWH&Co and the wrath of the supporters.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #191: Feb 08, 2016 12:22:38 pm
      Ayre is just a human shield for FSG a token "scouser" on the board and a complete twonk.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #192: Feb 08, 2016 12:25:20 pm

I'll pay £77 in fact I'll pay a £100 if it gets me in Anfield because for too long the tickets have gone to unappreciative living in the past lifeless fans.

What's another 30 quid?
      What's another 50 quid?

For some it's enough to stop them going to the match.
      Aside from that, in an era when Premier League teams are receiving a vast influx of money it's about time the fans saw a benefit.
      I don't say "fans were rewarded" because they already pay to see their teams play.

Uli Hoeness (Bayern Munich) said it best: “We could charge more than €130. Let’s say we charged €380. We’d get €2.5m more in income, but what’s €2.5m to us? In a transfer discussion you argue about the sum for five minutes. But the difference between €130 and €380 is huge for the fans. We do not think fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody. That’s the biggest difference between us and England.”

BTW that price is for SEASON TICKETS!!!

Maybe the other big difference is that he talks about wrapping up a deal in 5 minutes.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #193: Feb 08, 2016 12:28:09 pm
      What I'm getting at Debs is Ayre is going nowhere, to think his decisions are completely unmonitored and down to him is a little naïve.
      The ticket hike is such a massive issue it is inconceivable that it would not have gone through board room process and all that entails; as per Ayre is put forward as a foil between JWH&Co and the wrath of the supporters.

Course it went to the boardroom Stuey, what I mean is he should have known after all the negotiating that there would be a backlash.  He's supposed to advise them on any consequences, there should have been good PR to spin if the sh*t hit the fan, instead he comes out with a statement that was arrogant and confrontational, totally dismissing the need for protest.

It backfired.  Whether they get rid of him or not mate, he made a spectacular fuckup of the whole process.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #194: Feb 08, 2016 12:51:22 pm
      Inbox me if you want i'd be happy to talk further about my life away from football.

Don't we have the bible for that?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #195: Feb 08, 2016 01:45:06 pm
      The Q&A session with Ayre tonight has been cancelled due to "ongoing discussions about the new ticket prices".

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #196: Feb 08, 2016 01:46:31 pm
      The Q&A session with Ayre tonight has been cancelled due to "ongoing discussions about the new ticket prices".

I think that sounds promising Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #197: Feb 08, 2016 02:09:57 pm
      I think that sounds promising Debs.

Absolutely it does mate.  As I said earlier there is an opportunity here for them to make a real statement, let's hope they take it.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #198: Feb 08, 2016 02:11:43 pm

Shitting himself for a the barrage of abuse he would get more like😳
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #199: Feb 08, 2016 02:14:29 pm
      Shitting himself for a the barrage of abuse he would get more like😳

Nah mate, all the questions and callers were going to be screened before hand, so he was hardly putting himself on the line but it's good that it's been cancelled as his answers hopefully will be different after the "review" that's currently going on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #200: Feb 08, 2016 02:20:05 pm
      No way would Ayre be thrown to the Lions although never under estimate the ability of scousers to gate crash a party. I think FSG will now just look to shuffle things about and by the time its all sorted the season will be all but over.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #201: Feb 08, 2016 02:24:14 pm
      It will cost them nothing. Many of them are st holders, so they don't need to fork out on hospitality rates.

This is nothing to do with pricing the ordinary fan away from the game, this is maximizing revenue from the more glamorous games, as already happens. That is standard procedure across Europe and elsewhere.

The majority of the locals won't need it, so it's not a lot to do with them. It's the people who can't go often who will buy those tickets. Considering most of them are on match/travel/overnight/weekend packages, they won't have a major issue with the increased rates. Given what they cost now, what's another 30 quid?

I'm not sure you're in such a privileged position, that you can comment on what effect an extra £30 is to anyone. Wether they sit on the kop, in the annie road or the corporate seats.
      I stood on the kop for years, and I would like to taste the luxury of a corporate box with my die hard LFC mates before I depart this planet. But I can assure you, £30 will make a difference to us all. The cost of travel from the west country for one, Hotel room for the night for two, and a belly full of beer and chips and gravy for another. Toss £30 aside, and it's ANOTHER £30 for either of the above.
      I prefer to decide where I spend my money, and not many fans can toss aside £30 without care.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #202: Feb 08, 2016 02:27:13 pm
      I'm not sure you're in such a privileged position, that you can comment on what effect an extra £30 is to anyone. Wether they sit on the kop, in the annie road or the corporate seats.
      I stood on the kop for years, and I would like to taste the luxury of a corporate box with my die hard LFC mates before I depart this planet. But I can assure you, £30 will make a difference to us all. The cost of travel from the west country for one, Hotel room for the night for two, and a belly full of beer and chips and gravy for another. Toss £30 aside, and it's ANOTHER £30 for either of the above.
      I prefer to decide where I spend my money, and not many fans can toss aside £30 without care.

Imagine a Bus driver with two kids who want to go to the match just like he did with his dad how can he find that kind of money its just obscene. I thought we were a different club to others but when it comes to money it appears we are just a greedy as the rest
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #203: Feb 08, 2016 02:27:34 pm
      Course it went to the boardroom Stuey, what I mean is he should have known after all the negotiating that there would be a backlash.  He's supposed to advise them on any consequences, there should have been good PR to spin if the sh*t hit the fan, instead he comes out with a statement that was arrogant and confrontational, totally dismissing the need for protest.

It backfired.  Whether they get rid of him or not mate, he made a spectacular fuckup of the whole process.

I'm willing to bet mate that JWH is oblivious to the mayhem 3,000 miles away, he will be content in the knowledge that the damage absorbers ie Ayre, the manager, the TC etc etc will erode the crap long before his mobile gets a transatlantic message.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #204: Feb 08, 2016 02:28:52 pm
      I'm willing to bet mate that JWH is oblivious to the mayhem 3,000 miles away, he will be content in the knowledge that the damage absorbers ie Ayre, the manager, the TC etc etc will erode the crap long before his mobile gets a transatlantic message.

DId you see the Email list I bet they have all had plenty and JH will have seen the pictures that travelled around the world as his club baulked at being stung for even more money
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #205: Feb 08, 2016 02:30:44 pm
      No way would Ayre be thrown to the Lions although never under estimate the ability of scousers to gate crash a party. I think FSG will now just look to shuffle things about and by the time its all sorted the season will be all but over.

They'll see the protests escalate then Walt. 

Emails are already being sent en masse to sponsors and plans are underway to organise more walkouts during the City and Chavs games.  They need to come up with something substantial as the fans groups, nor the matchgoing fans will accept a bit of tinkering now.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #206: Feb 08, 2016 02:32:10 pm
      Ayre is just a human shield for FSG a token "scouser" on the board and a complete twonk.

Don't shoot the messenger !

Ahhh what the F**k...  Go on then.

Quick Reply