Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Flanagan
      2 (1.8%)
      Ilori
      5 (4.5%)
      Lucas (C)
      72 (64.3%)
      Smith
      3 (2.7%)
      Stewart
      6 (5.4%)
      Chirivella (Pedro)
      4 (3.6%)
      Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      6 (5.4%)
      Teixeira
      0 (0%)
      Benteke
      6 (5.4%)
      Sturridge
      7 (6.3%)
      Origi
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Feb 10, 2016 10:27:31 pm

West Ham 2:1 Liverpool (AET): In Game & Post Game Discussions

Read 38209 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: West Ham 2:1 Liverpool (AET): In Game & Post Game Discussions
      Reply #1173: Feb 10, 2016 09:11:52 am
      I knew there was a reason I saved this image.

Saves me having to express my feelings mate.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #1174: Feb 10, 2016 09:17:28 am
      Can I just say that the only player out of position last night was benteke. He should have been on a plane. Lucas added calm to our chaotic defending....good performance

I didn't miss can giving the ball away or Moreno F***ing up everything he does
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1175: Feb 10, 2016 09:18:50 am
      I think we have seen more players since October than ever and this has to be Klopp's remit find out what we have before we tear it all down and start again. The result was crap but some performances were good and the young lads didn't really look like young lads and that is a reflection on the senior players as much as it is on the lads.
      Squad wise its proved there in no point buying Avg players hoping they will come good these lads can fill the gaps and with game time improve.
      So the Europa league next up only a miracle can get us into the top four.
      On the game if it continues where any contact with the shirt of an opponent means they go down and a free kick is given then they need not worry about what price tickets are because that is not football and isn't what people want either.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1176: Feb 10, 2016 09:20:49 am
      Can I just say that the only player out of position last night was benteke. He should have been on a plane. Lucas added calm to our chaotic defending....good performance

I thought it was all round a great performance, barring one or two obvious exceptions. Gave MoM to Sturridge, purely on the fact he was utter class with his touch, movement, linking play and set ups. Gave so much for the little we've seen of him. Followed closely by Lucas and then Flannagan for me.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1177: Feb 10, 2016 09:25:46 am
      I thought it was all round a great performance, barring one or two obvious exceptions. Gave MoM to Sturridge, purely on the fact he was utter class with his touch, movement, linking play and set ups. Gave so much for the little we've seen of him. Followed closely by Lucas and then Flannagan for me.

I gave Lucas MOTM but I understand why you gave Sturridge your vote. He is head and shoulders ahead of all of our strikers and what ever we need to do to get him on the pitch  playing again we need to do it because to replace him with todays value of players he would be in excess of £60 million and we will not be spending that sort of money on one player
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1178: Feb 10, 2016 09:28:28 am
      I think we have seen more players since October than ever and this has to be Klopp's remit find out what we have before we tear it all down and start again. The result was crap but some performances were good and the young lads didn't really look like young lads and that is a reflection on the senior players as much as it is on the lads.
      Squad wise its proved there in no point buying Avg players hoping they will come good these lads can fill the gaps and with game time improve.
      On the game if it continues where any contact with the shirt of an opponent means they go down and a free kick is given then they need not worry about what price tickets are because that is not football and isn't what people want either.

Play the team we did last night minus Benteke for Firmino, with Coutinho in there behind those two and I think we'll be fine.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1179: Feb 10, 2016 09:29:49 am
      I gave Lucas MOTM but I understand why you gave Sturridge your vote. He is head and shoulders ahead of all of our strikers and what ever we need to do to get him on the pitch  playing again we need to do it because to replace him with todays value of players he would be in excess of £60 million and we will not be spending that sort of money on one player

If he stays fit for any decent length of time, then opposition defences will be shitting bricks.

Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #1180: Feb 10, 2016 09:32:15 am
      Still f**king gutted after going out last night.
      But when you don't put your chances away your leaving yourself wide open for a sucker punch & that's what happened.
      One thing that did annoy me was the subbing of tex,I would have left him on and took Ibe off seeing as he was quite ineffective & having a mare.
      As pissed off as I am the kids did us proud over the two games and I hope
      Some of them feature in a league game.
      Villa up next then the Europa & a f**king final to look forward too.
      Oh and studge is back!!.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1181: Feb 10, 2016 09:32:22 am
      If he stays fit for any decent length of time, then opposition defences will be shitting bricks.

If he can only play one game per week I would take him on that basis just manage him and his fitness problems.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1182: Feb 10, 2016 09:33:05 am

I didn't miss can giving the ball away or Moreno f**king up everything he does

Once again, considering Smith played great again bar one or two instances last night, I can't see how Alberto gets back in the side.

On the right, Clyne is in for a fight for the starters rights with Flanno.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1183: Feb 10, 2016 09:36:49 am
      Once again, considering Smith played great again bar one or two instances last night, I can't see how Alberto gets back in the side.

On the right, Clyne is in for a fight for the starters rights with Flanno.

got to give Smith the nod is he is fit enough.The problem with Moreno is he cant handle his pace his brain isn't quick enough if he slowed down a tad he might be a much better player. Flanno has done so well coming back after such a longtime out and its good to see a Liverpool player leave his mark on the opposition we are far too soft and anyone watching Flanno last night will think twice about taking the piss out of him.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1184: Feb 10, 2016 09:48:46 am

Every aspect of your post is bang on the money Walt.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1185: Feb 10, 2016 09:56:02 am
      Was a tough one to take last night wasn't it. Despite the good performance I'm still F***ing gutted today.

Players and staff need to use the hurt from last night to push on now and win a few games.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1186: Feb 10, 2016 09:56:50 am
      Had to work so missed the game last night.

Reading through the comments it sounded like we performed pretty well but as usual Benteke was useless? Disappointing to see that we conceded a goal in the 120th minute and from a set piece too. Liverpool that.

Has anybody got a link with the highlights on please?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1187: Feb 10, 2016 10:54:08 am
      Had to work so missed the game last night.

Reading through the comments it sounded like we performed pretty well but as usual Benteke was useless? Disappointing to see that we conceded a goal in the 120th minute and from a set piece too. Liverpool that.

Has anybody got a link with the highlights on please?

http://www.footytube.com/video/west-ham-united-liverpool-feb09-402090
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1188: Feb 10, 2016 10:58:23 am
      He will probably under hit that too..
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1189: Feb 10, 2016 11:00:41 am
      Managed to see just the goals and a separate link to 'Bentekes misses in extra time only'.

The first goal was criminal. Awful, shocking defending.  First of all Payet has all the time in the world and isn't closed down at all. He passes inside the Valencia who skips past two of our defenders inside the box with ease. He whips the ball in and Antonio is unmarked back post with a tap in. School boy stuff.

Fair play to Benteke for winning that free kick with four defenders around him. All he could do was win a free kick and he did. Coutinho miss hit it in my opinion and meant to get height but scuffed it along the floor and luckily it went in.

The second goal was never a free kick, Lucas was just stronger. If that had been Lovren, a big tall strong centre half, then I don't think the ref gives it. But because it was little lucas the ref feels there is a shove because he out muscles their forward that much who puts on a bit of an act. There was F**k all wrong with that challenge though.

Great delivery and a great header it has to be said. When I saw that we had conceded to a set piece I thought same old story but seeing that goal I don't think our defenders can be blamed for being out jumped by Ogbonna and I don't think Mignolet can be blamed at all either. It was just a good goal.

The clip of Bentekes misses in extra time was quite comical. I know his confidence is shot but even so. I've just had a watch of his 49 goals for villa (YES IM THAT SAD)  and I counted 42 of his goals were scored inside the box. He very rarely scores outside. 3 or 4 of those were on the edge of the box too but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him have them outside the box. The vast majority of his goals unsurprisingly were from corners or crosses which were great deliveries. He scored half a dozen or so penalties too. There were very few goals (just 1 or 2)  that involved any kind of dribbling and beating a man and then finishing. Again there were only just 1 or 2 absolute screamers that he hit too. His goals were mostly chances that fell to his lap which he tapped in, some were nice finishes and he still had bits of work to do, but a lot of them were handed to him on a plate.

At Liverpool we don't create the type of chances Benteke craves. First of all we never whip a corner in properly. Secondly some of his goals at villa were crosses from full backs forty, fifty yards away and we never lump the ball into the box like that either. Unless you whip a ball in to the six yard box then Benteke isn't scoring for you. All this build up and link up play and pass and move and doing through balls is absolutely pointless with Benteke in the team, he isn't a natural link up man or a natural finisher.

Its not his fault he was signed but we should never have spent so much money on a player who is the complete opposite of the type we need.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1190: Feb 10, 2016 11:03:54 am
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1191: Feb 10, 2016 11:07:56 am
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1192: Feb 10, 2016 11:10:02 am
      F**k me was just thinking about this has there been a manager in the modern era that has inflicted more punishment on us then Slaven Bilic?

We're 0-6 against his teams and out of 2 cups really has our measure ...
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Reply #1193: Feb 10, 2016 11:32:58 am
      I would seriously think about giving Brad Smith a game or two on the left of midfield, pretty of pace, good movement to get beyond the full back and much better end product than Moreno, and surely Stewart and Chivirella have put the pressure on the midfield let down trio Milner, Can and captain marvel.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1194: Feb 10, 2016 11:33:33 am
      F**k me was just thinking about this has there been a manager in the modern era that has inflicted more punishment on us then Slaven Bilic?

We're 0-6 against his teams and out of 2 cups really has our measure ...

I'd imagine Ferguson probably has, and probably Wenger as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1195: Feb 10, 2016 11:34:29 am
      I would seriously think about giving Brad Smith a game or two on the left of midfield, pretty of pace, good movement to get beyond the full back and much better end product than Moreno, and surely Stewart and Chivirella have put the pressure on the midfield let down trio Milner, Can and captain marvel.

I can see absolutely no point in playing Henderson, Milner, Can or Lallana, the youngsters offer far more.

Quick Reply