Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre Match Liverpool v Man Utd 1st leg Europa League Thurs 10th March ko 8.05pm

Read 12708 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Re: Pre Match Liverpool v Man Utd 1st leg Europa League Thurs 10th March ko 8.05pm
      Reply #138: Mar 10, 2016 05:26:25 pm
      Was meant to be in Liverpool this week and just got offered a ticket....but had to cancel my plans to be in the city about a week ago, devastated doesn't cut it!!

Come on reds, let's make Anfield a F***ing nightmare for these horrible slimy bas**rds!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Pre Match Liverpool v Man Utd 1st leg Europa League Thurs 10th March ko 8.05pm
      Reply #139: Mar 10, 2016 05:30:25 pm
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #140: Mar 10, 2016 05:34:06 pm

Me and my guy friends are always harassing each other.  One of them always says, "If you can't kick each other in the dicks then why are they there?"   :lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #141: Mar 10, 2016 06:13:49 pm
      I'm still confident we can win this with a clean sheet.
      We were terrific against city, and even though we got the win against palace, we can't afford to start this one like we did that one.
      Let's hope the occasion doesn't overcome our lads, they all have enough experience of these type of games, so no excuses, let's get at them and do the bas**rds !
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #142: Mar 10, 2016 06:25:33 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #143: Mar 10, 2016 06:26:40 pm
      Good idea with Allen but the lad hasnt played for a while. But if hes to start then I´d consider Hendo, as hes the first name on the team-sheet for some reason, to play as an inside right forward. Their left fullback will be poor no matter who starts there so just try and get behind them nad cross it into the mix!

I would also use Origi as our "Welbeck" - his strenght, pace and direct approach was always really handy against us. Utd backline is f**king weak physically apart from Smalling. Coutinho has been disappointing post injury and his head not really in it so hes on the bench for me.

Klopp might also think about Toure in place of Moreno to make our back-line a bit more solid and stronger aerially. All in all a good few options for Jürgen in every department even though you feel no major changes to previous matches are made. JK said no to gung-ho style so I altered his my lineup accordingly.

Bench: Ward, Skrtel, Moreno, Coutinho, Ibe, Sturridge, Benteke.

Toure is going to play on the other side of Clyne?   Coutinho and Sturraidge on the bench?

Biggest piss-take of the year.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #144: Mar 10, 2016 06:54:23 pm

Yep, would be no surprise. Probably they'll go with same tactics as in the 0-1 win they had in January against us. Thought mophead did well that day. We need to 'get in about him', can't let him win easy headers, bring the long balls down easily.
      Shows how limited Utd are, but it can be effective. Just need to plan for it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #145: Mar 10, 2016 07:10:24 pm

Confirmed #LFC team v @ManUtd: Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge
      Confirmed #LFC subs v @ManUtd: Ward, Toure, Benteke, Allen, Origi, Smith, Ojo
      [/quote]

Quick Reply