Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joel Matip Player Thread (D)

Read 148427 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Joel Matip Player Thread
      Reply #828: Mar 13, 2022 11:20:58 am
      Love his long lazy runs..
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #829: Mar 14, 2022 07:19:20 pm
      He is Lfc player of year contestant with Salah and Trent.
      Klopp22
      • Banned

• 31 posts |
      Reply #830: Mar 15, 2022 07:02:01 pm
      What a free signing. This was very early in Jurgens reign and I think he eyed him up whilst in Germany. Another masterstroke from the boss. All the plaudits Laporte, Dias, Rudiger etc get they want to shine some light on this legend. He's stayed fit all season too. Well done to him.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #831: Mar 16, 2022 01:20:16 am
      Thank you god I'm alive and have a chance to say here I am apologize to Joel Matip. He is one player I critcized alot mainly due to his injury prone a few years back.
      Also its great credit to all LFC staff team as our players now incredibly healty.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #832: Apr 20, 2022 08:07:40 am
      Every time he goes forward, I can feel a goal coming.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #833: Apr 20, 2022 09:16:36 am
      Our unsung hero. Joel has been so good this season.
      He's been here 6 years and there's only 34 pages in his thread. He really flies under the radar but he's played a major part in our achievements.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #834: Apr 20, 2022 09:34:23 am
      LEGEND
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #835: May 15, 2022 02:32:03 pm
      So I dont know where to post this because I dont see a dedicated thread for it (understandable) but I want to give big kudos (as if they would be reading this haha) to the medical team and fitness coach(es).

Joel used to play a game or two then miss 5, then come back, play a couple and miss another 5. Same goes for Keita who apart from an injury or two that were, in my opinion, more of the inevitable type (like when that c**t Pogba tried to break his ankle) stayed healthy. The difference between their current fitness levels and the fitness level they had in past season is just unbelievable. Even Thiago who missed a few games through injury seems to be doing much better than last season (overall)

With that said, I think Matip is probably top 5 most underrated players in this league. This guy has been an absolute rock at the back with VVD. Fast, strong, always manages to tackle the ball without fouling the opponent, massive in the air (both defensively and offensively), drives opposing defences absolutely crazy every time he decides to go on one of his adventures, etc. The Legend!!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #836: May 15, 2022 02:40:49 pm
      Joel a masterclass of CB defending when he came on .
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #837: May 15, 2022 05:13:03 pm
      Normally we would be panicking when VVD went off but we never missed a beat, well done Joel
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Re: Joel Matip Player Thread (D)
      Reply #838: Aug 12, 2022 04:06:59 pm
      Haven't had to say this in awhile but word is he's out due to injury, Gomez likely to start Monday night. So now we have a mini-CB crisis it appears.....
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #839: Aug 12, 2022 05:15:32 pm
      Haven't had to say this in awhile but word is he's out due to injury, Gomez likely to start Monday night. So now we have a mini-CB crisis it appears.....

Hopefully isn't anything too serious, good opportunity for Gomez to reclaim a starting spot next to VvD and I am not overly worried in having Nat as 3rd option as long as it isn't for a long period of time.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #840: Aug 12, 2022 05:32:54 pm
      We really aren’t having any luck on the injury front are we? Don’t think I’ve quite seen anything like this one game in to the season.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Reply #841: Aug 12, 2022 09:25:46 pm
      More bad news with Joel Matip injured, hope it is not too serious !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #842: Aug 13, 2022 12:20:17 am
      More bad news with Joel Matip injured, hope it is not too serious !

F**k sake. Starting to get a bit stupid the number of players out again.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #843: Aug 13, 2022 02:00:30 pm
      Feeling like a Harry Enfield sketch here.

CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #844: Aug 13, 2022 02:37:54 pm
      This might be a normal unlucky injury you pick up in training, but if we begin seeing signs of him ''re-becoming'' injury prone then I'm going to go ahead and say it would be a good idea to bench him and quickly promote Gomez or Konate so that we get a stable CB pairing as early as possible in the season. It's one of those positions where you don't want to change things every 2 or 3 weeks
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #845: Aug 13, 2022 06:38:48 pm
      This might be a normal unlucky injury you pick up in training, but if we begin seeing signs of him ''re-becoming'' injury prone then I'm going to go ahead and say it would be a good idea to bench him and quickly promote Gomez or Konate so that we get a stable CB pairing as early as possible in the season. It's one of those positions where you don't want to change things every 2 or 3 weeks

Konate's out injured too!!

It'll be Gomez against Palace, with Philips on the bench.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      Reply #846: Aug 13, 2022 07:03:19 pm
      Hope Joel is fit for a week Monday
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #847: Aug 13, 2022 07:12:50 pm

Well if Matip going to keep hurt then it is up to Gomez/Konate to make that position theirs while he is out. Klopp has shown in the past he will go with whoever is performing next to VvD despite what another players previous form was.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #848: Aug 14, 2022 12:16:06 am
      Well if Matip going to keep hurt then it is up to Gomez/Konate to make that position theirs while he is out. Klopp has shown in the past he will go with whoever is performing next to VvD despite what another players previous form was.

Trouble is, whilst he's out, Konate is also out. Gomez has played very little football over the last couple of years so there's every chance he could easily pick up an injury playing regular again over the coming games given his record.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #849: Aug 14, 2022 01:34:19 am
      Trouble is, whilst he's out, Konate is also out. Gomez has played very little football over the last couple of years so there's every chance he could easily pick up an injury playing regular again over the coming games given his record.

This is true, that is why hoping Matip can be fit in a couple week times. Gomez could one game a week and mix Nat couple mid-week games (Newcastle, UCL matchday 1) but this isn't long term solution.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #850: Aug 14, 2022 11:03:26 am

Yea he has been on a good run hasnt he. Unlucky, but gives a chance to Gomez.

Quick Reply