Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we overcome City and win the League Cup final 2016?

Yes - easy win
      11 (10.6%)
      Yes - difficult win
      64 (61.5%)
      Draw at 90 mins, extra time and pens
      25 (24%)
      No, city will win
      4 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Pre-Match: The League Cup Final 2016 - Liverpool v Man City

Read 24371 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Pre-Match: The League Cup Final 2016 - Liverpool v Man City
      Feb 26, 2016 01:48:58 pm

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/703209759176990720

Sunday 28th February 2016
      4:30pm GMT
      Wembley

Liverpool v Man City

The reds will be looking to add to their record 8 League Cup titles - with Man City having won it 3 times.

It will be Liverpool's 12th final (also a record) and Man City's 5th.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,303 posts | 240 
      Re: Pre-Match: The League Cup Final 2016 - Liverpool v Man City
      Reply #1: Feb 26, 2016 01:53:04 pm
      Can't wait for that...I'm already nervy as hell...Come on REDS!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2: Feb 26, 2016 01:58:02 pm
      We've done em once.

We can do it again.

COYR

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #3: Feb 26, 2016 02:17:29 pm

WE'RE ON THE MARCH WITH Jürgen'S ARMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYY!!

MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Feb 26, 2016 03:25:02 pm
      Looking forward to another Wembley visit on Sunday, gonna have to be at our best to get anything though and not squander chances like we have been doing, certainly an exciting game to look forward to, and Jürgen has received good news with injuries to Lovern and Lallana, tight game with a few goals in it and I fancy us to nick it 3-2.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #5: Feb 26, 2016 04:14:31 pm
      Hope Lovren is fit for this one, I can't believe I am writing this!.......I don't fancy Toure up against Aguero and Sakho has his hands full taking care of Moreno.

I wonder if Klopp will be tempted with leaving Lucas at the back, apart from his one dodgy back pass he has looked pretty assured and seeing as though City don't have any Giants in their forwards his lack of height should not be an issue.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6: Feb 26, 2016 04:25:01 pm
      We are once again a cup team and it feels good. Both teams are not going to be 100% after the Europe mid week games, but I think that will hurt them more than us. I think it will be an even game.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7: Feb 26, 2016 04:28:06 pm
      We need to believe that we can win it. We need to be brave and work hard for every ball. Sturridge was rested yesterday half way in the second half and we need to put him in cotton for two days :) I'm won't be home in time for the Live thread but I will be home in time to watch it :)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #8: Feb 26, 2016 05:01:15 pm
      What Kolo loses in pace, makes it up with his excellent positional awareness. Kolo for Lucas might be the only change from last night's game.

And I tend to think that Can playing a DM makes him a bit more responsible than games where he has played CM. He has lost possession a silly number of times in his attempts to charging forward and has hit wayward passes. Him man-marking Silva could be the deal-breaker in the game! Hendo and Milner assisting our full-backs in negating their wingers (the-one-I-do-not-want-to-name) !!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #9: Feb 26, 2016 05:27:28 pm
      Well, I am going to be stuck at an indoor water park celebrating a birthday party for my niece.... Gonna have to record the game and go on information lock down to avoid updates. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #10: Feb 26, 2016 05:28:40 pm
      Unbelievable. I have to work during this. The first time I've had to work during one of our matches since...... the last time we played City, ironically. Hoping for the same result!! Will be DVRing this.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #11: Feb 26, 2016 06:07:58 pm
      have to progress in EL and finish top 6 in Pl, this is just a bonus, players have one eye on other competitions, dont expect strong performance from liverpool in this one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12: Feb 26, 2016 06:11:25 pm
      have to progress in EL and finish top 6 in Pl, this is just a bonus, players have one eye on other competitions, dont expect strong performance from liverpool in this one.

Oh get real.

And our opponents meanwhile who are competing for the league title and the Champions League???

What the F**k is it with some supporters these days?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #13: Feb 26, 2016 06:23:19 pm
      I don't think you are being serious? It is not a coincidence that all the top clubs that are not in Champions League are taking this competition seriously. It used to be the case that people field fringe players until UEFA said winners get a Champions League place. We played our strongest side against Ausberg, why wouldn't we against United? I think you are not being serious and just want to say something stupid for the heck of it.

EDIT: I thought I was in the Europa League thread, but we still want to win league cup.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,991 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14: Feb 26, 2016 06:52:50 pm

Why don't you just F**k off fuckstick, two days before a final and you come out with that sh*te,what sort of supporter are you?

Well your not to be frank,a true fan would never utter such bollocks,
      Do us a favour gobs***e F**k off and support blueshite,  you have the same losers attitude.
      tw*t!

YNWA
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #15: Feb 26, 2016 07:00:10 pm

LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #16: Feb 26, 2016 07:11:16 pm
      Mignolet

Clyne
      Toure
      Sakho
      Moreno

Henderson (c)
      Emre Can

Milner
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Sturridge

Subs: Ward; Skrtel, Lovren; Lucas, Allen; Lallana; Origi.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17: Feb 26, 2016 08:05:18 pm
      I don't think you are being serious? It is not a coincidence that all the top clubs that are not in Champions League are taking this competition seriously. It used to be the case that people field fringe players until UEFA said winners get a Champions League place. We played our strongest side against Ausberg, why wouldn't we against United? I think you are not being serious and just want to say something stupid for the heck of it.

EDIT: I thought I was in the Europa League thread, but we still want to win league cup.

Why don't you just f**k off fuckstick, two days before a final and you come out with that sh*te,what sort of supporter are you?

Well your not to be frank,a true fan would never utter such bollocks,
      Do us a favour gobs***e f**k off and support blueshite,  you have the same losers attitude.
      tw*t!

YNWA

F**k me, worth a ban on its own that one.

I thought I wasn't seeing things right but thanks you guys for confirming that it was as it first appeared. Looked through his posting history as well - you sure as hell can type sh*t like that but you sure as hell can't say it. Unspeakable sh*t.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #18: Feb 26, 2016 08:07:49 pm
      Thought Klopp might possibly rest a few guys before before the final, but pretty much full strength team out on Thurs.

Whatever anyone might think of this competition, it's one of the Trophy's out there to win, we're in the final, and imo have as good a chance as Shitty of winning it. Just hope we go out there and perform, don't let the occasion get to us, cause it'd be pretty brilliant to see us lift our first trophy under Klopp :)  Winning is a habit, never a bad time to get hooked.

Hard to know if Shitty are really coming into form, based off the back of a good CL win away midweek. I saw a little bit of that first half and the ruskies were REALLY bad in the bit that I saw. In saying that, do think Sergio is hitting some good form, so need to try keep him under tabs. Our defense seems to be getting a few clean sheets under the belt, so maybe that's good timing !

Our midfield hasn't been great, and not sure I see much changing there performance wise on Sunday, so need the lads up front to step up. Have been a but underwhelmed by the front 3 in last couple of games. Buckets of ability, maybe couple haven't had enough time back from injury to be at their sharpest, but we need them at their clinical Villa 0-6 best. Have to take our chances, and they're the guys they'll likely fall to. Would LOVE to see Cou or Studge or Rob (or combination of them) on the scoresheet, would also bode well for the rest of the Europa and the PL.

Anyway, whatever about all that, am REALLY looking forward to it. Always a great occasion to walk out on the pitch at Wembley, great day out for all the fans, players etc, and possibly another trophy at the end of it. As KK might say, ee canny wait !! :)

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #19: Feb 26, 2016 08:18:29 pm
      Couldn't get a ticket for the cup final so did the next best thing. Turned my garage into an LFC bar!
      Finished it in time for the cup final!
      It must be an omen!!
      Can't wait!!!
      YNWA!!

« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2016 08:10:09 am by JD »
      +30
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #20: Feb 26, 2016 08:32:05 pm
      Hope any LFC supporters going to the game, have a great day out, and witness the Reds picking up their first trophy under Jürgen Klopp.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Feb 26, 2016 08:32:31 pm
      Couldn't get a ticket for the cup final so did the next best thing. Turned my garage into an LFC bar!
      Finished it in time for the cup final!
      It must be an omen!!
      Can't wait!!!
      YNWA!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cag0JzRWEAA2U9h?format=pjpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cag0JzcWAAAgSLf?format=pjpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cag0JzgW4AAdMLP?format=pjpg&name=large

If I could + this twice I would. Looks quality mate.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #22: Feb 26, 2016 08:45:45 pm
      A win on Sunday is a trophy, that is what LFC is all about, plus qualification for the Europa league is all very nice, but surely winning trophies obviously comes first.

Quick Reply