Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Mignolet
      12 (10.5%)
      Clyne
      2 (1.8%)
      Lucas
      81 (71.1%)
      Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      5 (4.4%)
      Henderson
      2 (1.8%)
      Can
      2 (1.8%)
      Coutinho
      6 (5.3%)
      Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Kolo
      3 (2.6%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Origi
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Voting closed: Feb 29, 2016 09:10:06 pm

League Cup Final Liverpool 1:1 Man City (ET) 1:3 after penalties.

Read 45757 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: League Cup Final Liverpool 1:1 Man City (ET) 1:3 after penalties.
      Reply #1173: Mar 02, 2016 12:37:33 pm
      You're missing the point I'm making

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about it when you haven't seen what I'm trying to say or the fact I'm ultimately agreeing with you.

You said he was ripping the ball out of marios hands when in fact it was the other way round which shows what sort of captain he is.

As I said I'm not having it that our four pen takers are ahead of him in pecking order in a normal game so I'm guessing he sh*t out. Don't give a sh*t about his supposed injury, if Gerrard or carragher had a broken leg they would still step up.

One player in particular gave his everything on Sunday and that was Lucas. Now that's a leader. He had the balls to step up as well.

Henderson was invisible. It was like playing with ten men and that's our captain? Disgraceful.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1174: Mar 02, 2016 12:52:40 pm
      You said he was ripping the ball out of marios hands when in fact it was the other way round which shows what sort of captain he is.

As I said I'm not having it that our four pen takers are ahead of him in pecking order in a normal game so I'm guessing he sh*t out. Don't give a sh*t about his supposed injury, if Gerrard or carragher had a broken leg they would still step up.

One player in particular gave his everything on Sunday and that was Lucas. Now that's a leader. He had the balls to step up as well.

Henderson was invisible. It was like playing with ten men and that's our captain? Disgraceful.

What I meant is that he obviously fancy's himself to take pens..

But he didn't then and we don't know why.

I really doubt had he not fancied it for whatever reason but stepped up and missed it that you'd be happy. I wouldn't want anyone to go up there if they didn't fancy it whether that's through injury or mentally if there were 5 others who wanted them. Skippers armband or not, there's more to being captain than a penalty in a shoot out

Let the ones take them who want to take them on the day.

I'd rather that.

I'm just saying we don't know what happens that we don't see.

You don't want him as skipper? No problem, in an ideal world as I said I wouldn't either.

I'll try again  :D

On the day I thought he should have taken one.. I'm agreeing with you. In an ideal world id have a different skipper.

I'm just saying that he must fancy himself for taking them but at that moment for a reason we don't know he didn't take one.

If I got my wording wrong on the Mario issue sorry I just meant he obviously fancy's taking them. That whole incident was a bit embarrassing to be honest.

Penalties are a lottery, their keeper actually made a couple of cracking penalty saves in that shoot out from Lucas and Lallana.. It happens.

You hate him as skipper I get that mate. But there has been lots of shoot outs when skippers don't take pens, he isn't the first and won't be the last.

The last two managers have picked him as skipper, like I said earlier Klopp could have given it someone else as soon as he took over. The rest of the players talk highly of him, the previous skipper does very highly too.

We have a squad lacking in leaders, he wouldn't be my choice in an ideal world and probably in this squad but he is and not taking a penalty and getting that worked up over that is confirmation bias.
      Had we won and he not taken one would you still be slating him for not taking one? Had their keeper not pulled off a couple of good saves from pretty good pens?

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1175: Mar 02, 2016 01:29:04 pm
      What I meant is that he obviously fancy's himself to take pens..

But he didn't then and we don't know why.

I really doubt had he not fancied it for whatever reason but stepped up and missed it that you'd be happy. I wouldn't want anyone to go up there if they didn't fancy it whether that's through injury or mentally if there were 5 others who wanted them. Skippers armband or not, there's more to being captain than a penalty in a shoot out

Let the ones take them who want to take them on the day.

I'd rather that.

I'm just saying we don't know what happens that we don't see.

You don't want him as skipper? No problem, in an ideal world as I said I wouldn't either.

I'll try again  :D

On the day I thought he should have taken one.. I'm agreeing with you. In an ideal world id have a different skipper.

I'm just saying that he must fancy himself for taking them but at that moment for a reason we don't know he didn't take one.

If I got my wording wrong on the Mario issue sorry I just meant he obviously fancy's taking them. That whole incident was a bit embarrassing to be honest.

Penalties are a lottery, their keeper actually made a couple of cracking penalty saves in that shoot out from Lucas and Lallana.. It happens.

You hate him as skipper I get that mate. But there has been lots of shoot outs when skippers don't take pens, he isn't the first and won't be the last.

The last two managers have picked him as skipper, like I said earlier Klopp could have given it someone else as soon as he took over. The rest of the players talk highly of him, the previous skipper does very highly too.

We have a squad lacking in leaders, he wouldn't be my choice in an ideal world and probably in this squad but he is and not taking a penalty and getting that worked up over that is confirmation bias.
      Had we won and he not taken one would you still be slating him for not taking one? Had their keeper not pulled off a couple of good saves from pretty good pens?

If you want, find my post a few pages back in this thread where I say I won't criticise anybody for taking a penalty. Your right, it's a lottery. So no, if Henderson stepped up and hit the corner flag then so be it. I'd respect him for taking on the responsibility instead of shying away and letting somebody else do it.

Your making out we have a squad full of expert penalty takers and we don't. If our four pen takers on Sunday were great at taking penalties then maybe I could understand Henderson shying away but they aren't. None of them are set piece speciailists at all. None of them are known for their penalty taking. None of them would be ahead of Hendo in pecking order in your normal premierleague game.

I thought it was embarrassing from our supposed skipper for not taking a pen just like I thought his performance was embarrassing too.

In those situations it is quite common for the manager to ask his players who wants one, rather than the manager choosing his five players to take one. I imagine this is definitely the case with Jürgen too as its common knowledge he doesn't like shootouts.

No, Brendan Rodgers made him captain. Jürgen didn't. Pissed me off when people say Jürgen made him captain. And Brendan only made him captain because there were no other contenders - probably his own fault for that. 

Jürgen didn't know any of our squad before he came here, imagine him walking in on day one and removing the armband from Henderson and giving it to somebody else who he has never worked with before. Imagine the dressing room reaction. He had no option than to keep Jordan as captain and it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise.

I won't be surprised if Henderson is still captain next season because his competition is minimal for now but I'll be gobsmacked if he is the season after that. Or even if he's still in the team for that matter.

I won't be surprised if Lucas is made captain next season either though. Somebody with a set of bollocks who Jürgen clearly respects. We will see.

Henderson let us down on Sunday. His performance was shocking and he didn't step up when we needed a leader. He's a shithouse and I've had enough of his mediocre performances in a red shirt now.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1176: Mar 02, 2016 06:48:16 pm
      I won't be surprised if Lucas is made captain next season either though. Somebody with a set of bollocks who Jürgen clearly respects. We will see.

I think if there was a more than even chance that Lucas could play like he did in the final at centre half on a consistent basis, Jürgen would make the move mate. That said I think it's unlikely (both things).
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #1177: Mar 02, 2016 07:47:20 pm
      He isn't talking about the ability to take a penalty though, he's talking about bottle, and he's right.

If Jordan was first up and skied his penalty so what, at least he has the bollocks to take one, be first up and LEAD by example.

I'm not having it that can, Lallana and Coutinho are all ahead of him in pecking order of taking a penalty in a normal premierleague match. So where the f**k was he.

Boils my piss we have such a shithouse as our captain. No wonder were f**king 11th.

Especially after trying to wrestle ball off Balotelli a while back fancied it then
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1178: Mar 02, 2016 10:31:23 pm
      Not being funny, but I blame Clint for this result.

He knows why!  ;)

Quick Reply