Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Mignolet steps up when it matters

Read 12374 times
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Re: Mignolet steps up when it matters
      Reply #92: Feb 01, 2016 04:32:31 pm
      My comment pretty much on the same line as JD

Comments below aimed towards me.

Any reason why you don't swear at the moderators for having the same opinion in different words? In my opinion the goal Stoke scored, although it was offside I think he should have saved it and it shouldn't have got to penalties, I gave him credit for his saves... if people are abused for having an opinion then that's pretty sad for a discussion forum.

And Walton, you in particular keep responding to my posts in an abusive manner, I would advise to tone it down. Please reflect on this forum rule;

1.4 BULLYING OR ABUSIVE POSTS aimed at a fellow poster. We do understand that occasionally emotion can run high but any concerted and continuing abuse aimed at another poster will be classed as trolling and will result in action.
      Oh please stop your crying for gods sake,I've slated migs over the last 12 months hugely but against Stoke he did very well
      And I'm big enough to hold my hands up and say "well done".
      Your comments about the moderators is a null and void in my eyes as I don't really know who the mods are.
      You picking holes in migrates performance against Stoke I found very petty and snidey hence my post about you being a "tw*t".
      Stop being so sensitive 🙄
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #93: Feb 06, 2016 08:55:24 pm
      One gobs***e
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #94: Feb 06, 2016 08:58:00 pm

succinct and to the point.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #95: Feb 06, 2016 09:02:53 pm
      Maybe we should just sub him on when a game is going to pennos.
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #96: Feb 06, 2016 09:31:21 pm
      Just when I think he's total sh*te he proves me wrong.....he's worse than sh*te.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #97: Feb 06, 2016 09:38:46 pm
      Oh please stop your crying for gods sake,I've slated migs over the last 12 months hugely but against Stoke he did very well
      And I'm big enough to hold my hands up and say "well done".
      Your comments about the moderators is a null and void in my eyes as I don't really know who the mods are.
      You picking holes in migrates performance against Stoke I found very petty and snidey hence my post about you being a "tw*t".
      Stop being so sensitive 🙄
      he makes no saves during the whole Stoke game, we lose in normal time. what a hero! like I said, Mignolet did okay with the penalties but it would not have got to penalties with a better keeper, the shot was at him and it went through his legs. Yes it was close range but it was at him so he didn't need to adjust, he either has no reflexes or he was scared of the ball. You don't have to justify calling me names if that is what you think, but my opinion stands he was below par in normal time against Stoke. Like I said, the Mods said the same thing but you didn't call them what you called me, so I think you know damn well who the mods are.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #98: Feb 28, 2016 07:06:37 pm
      I BELIEVE!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #99: Feb 29, 2016 06:19:45 am
      Maybe we should just sub him on when a game is going to pennos.

Holland did it. Tim Krul. Two years ago.

Just when I think he's total sh*te he proves me wrong.....he's worse than sh*te.

Erratic.... and thats being kind.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #100: Feb 29, 2016 10:48:47 am
      That F**k-up yesterday summed his Liverpool career up, not good enough and no f**ker will ever buy him from us.

Buy a new no.1 and the F***ing ming can be no.2.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #101: Feb 29, 2016 07:15:53 pm
      Steps up when it matters...Yeah right!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #102: Feb 29, 2016 07:20:20 pm
      Yeah steps on a banana skin more like it.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #103: Feb 29, 2016 07:36:54 pm
      Woeful woeful goalkeeping for there goal truly dreadful .
      That's why we really need a class number 1,keep migs as number 2 fine .
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #104: Feb 29, 2016 07:46:53 pm
      I want to see Klopp stand up and give Ward a chance to stand up because it really, really matters to know whether or not we need to buy a new keeper in the Summer of we have one ready made. Mignolet simply is not good enough for Liverpool.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #105: Feb 29, 2016 07:48:17 pm
      He caused a problem of his own doing yesterday, then rectified it with a string of great saves. He responded in the best way possible, but....

The problem is - a club the size of Liverpool demands him to be a match winner of a keeper, not one who solves his own problems.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #106: Feb 29, 2016 07:49:55 pm
      Just not good enough to be No1 keeper at a massive club. Conversation over....
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #107: Mar 02, 2016 03:57:22 pm
      Tottenham, Leicester, Arsenal, Man City. One common thread. They all have great goalkeepers; If you stopper is unreliable, the defence will always be under pressure.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #108: Mar 02, 2016 05:22:51 pm
      Tottenham, Leicester, Arsenal, Man City. One common thread. They all have great goalkeepers; If you stopper is unreliable, the defence will always be under pressure.

Schmeichel isn't very good, tbh. And United have the best goalkeeper in the league and that hasn't stopped their defence being under pressure and him having to bail them out time after time. Same with Courtois and Chelsea this season.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #109: Mar 05, 2016 11:00:37 am
      Simon Mignolet has had some highlight performances but is definitely not an outstanding goalkeeper.

Therfor he had too many blackouts that cost at least 5-7 points this season, about as many as would have kept dreams alive for the champions league qualifiers. His major weakness is the positional play on crosses, especially after standards.

What characterises an outstanding goalie is the mixture of great goal line reflexes, complete penalty area command, an impressing physical presence and ideally even technical skills.

There are a lot of excellent keepers around the world providing all these skills and are even affordable.

As a german naturally following the german bundesliga closely plus nearly all LFC games I can report many german goalies perform better and show much more consitency than Mignolet.

As there are by name Zieler (Hannover), Adler (Hamburg), Fährmann (Schalke), Baumann (Hoffenheim), Horn (Köln/ Cologne) and Karius (Mainz). Not to forget ter Steegen who established himself at Barcelona but would be much more costly.

Currently even slightly better then them (also due to the ranking of kicker sports magazine) is Marwin Hitz, the swiss goalkeeper of Augsburg. His performance at Anfield was no one-hit-wonder.

So if JK wants to build a really competitive team for the (near) future he is IMO definitly bound to include an excellent keeper who is constantly and reliably performing on a high level and winning games for the Reds.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #110: Mar 05, 2016 11:25:55 am
      Schmeichel isn't very good, tbh. And United have the best goalkeeper in the league and that hasn't stopped their defence being under pressure and him having to bail them out time after time. Same with Courtois and Chelsea this season.

De Gea has saved many games single-handedly for United, and Courtois was injured for majority of the games during their bad run. Not saying his absence was directly correlated, but you are undermining the keeper's importance.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #111: Mar 05, 2016 11:30:13 am

For sure, they have a much better keeper than us.

Mignolet is not reliable keeper, he is a good shot-stopper but we cannot rely on him much more. He would be a brilliant back-up keeper. To be top team, you need a brilliant keeper and a decent keeper as back-up. Mignolet is the back-up playing as the primary keeper.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #112: Mar 05, 2016 02:01:26 pm
      no he is not.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !