Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Kolo Toure
      1 (0.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (2.1%)
      Jon Flanagan
      6 (4.2%)
      Emre Can
      7 (4.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      42 (29.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      10 (7%)
      Adam Lallana
      72 (50.7%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Christian Benteke
      1 (0.7%)
      Joe Allen
      0 (0%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Voting closed: Mar 05, 2016 09:54:16 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Man City: In game and Post Match debates

Read 26434 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Man City: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #437: Mar 03, 2016 04:17:11 am
      Amazing win. To thrash City like that without Dan and Cou in the team says a lot about the quality we got. If we can play all the matches like that till the end of the season, this season won't be a failure for sure. There is still a lot to play for, COYR!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #438: Mar 03, 2016 05:18:09 am
      Great performance, I'm happy Lallana is proving me wrong. I hope that he'll keep this level of performance regularly because, personally, I think(or thought) that he brought nothing to the team(assists and goals).

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #439: Mar 03, 2016 05:42:47 am
      First match not see live for ages stayed up tiill after midnight to watch te re run WELL IN LADS!!
      I'll have to 'NOT WATCH LIVE' a few more times if we can win them 3-0 !!
      Gabri
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts | 26 
      Reply #440: Mar 03, 2016 05:58:21 am
      It's a pity that we lost the league cup from this shitty side...3 games against them 8-2 goals. Also City without Yaya is like a fish flavored toothpaste!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1486 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #441: Mar 03, 2016 07:05:50 am
      Will the real Liverpool FC please stand up

Voted for Lallana, could have gone for Milner or Can, and it's not often we can say something like that!

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #442: Mar 03, 2016 07:31:40 am
      Debating who played better in a 3-0 win over City - Lallana or Millner... You can tell it was a good day at the office...
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,280 posts | 1513 
      Reply #443: Mar 03, 2016 07:40:40 am
      Can't believe it. MOTD starts and I F***ing fall asleep on the sofa. Woke up at 12:30 so still haven't seen anything of the match.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #444: Mar 03, 2016 08:00:35 am
      Plumped for Milner in the poll. Scored one, set one up, saved on from their set piece and was everywhere throughout the match. Deserved standing ovation for him and it shows what you can do with the ball when you dont fall on your arse every time :D

Lallana was sensational, Can was unbeatable but gave the ball away sometimes stupidly, Firmino was great again and Flanno was solid but still a yard off.

Excellent team performance and the perfect comeback from Sunday.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #445: Mar 03, 2016 08:44:17 am
       :)

Great to see a game where you genuinely have to think who actually was man of the match so many good performances four outstanding ones, I actually felt bad having to choose between them long may such problems continue onwards and upwards.

YNWA
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #446: Mar 03, 2016 09:17:02 am
      The score after 210 minutes of football regardless of venue is 4-1. We were just unlucky at Wembley.

Did the double over these wankers. 8-2 after 300 minutes this season. Unbeaten over regular time.

And not sure if this has been mentioned but ever since the Oil Sheikhs came in 2008, Anfield remains the ONLY place unconquered in the league!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #447: Mar 03, 2016 09:30:15 am
      I'm watching the replay, sterling fell over more easily then a bowling pin.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #448: Mar 03, 2016 09:37:26 am
      shouldnthavefloggedmytic ket.com

Pfft
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #449: Mar 03, 2016 09:39:07 am
      What a performance. All eleven (and then the subs) really put a shift in. We gave city no time on the ball or any room to play at all and it should have been more than three to be honest but I won't be greedy.

Mignolet - I can't remember him having a shot to save.

Clyne - I say the same thing about Clyne every week. He's solid and he defends well for 90minutes but he needs to do a little better when he goes forward.

Toure - Brilliant, handled Aguero with ease.

Lovren - Same. Didn't put a foot wrong. No nonsense defending.

Flanno - One or two 50-50s with Raheem which was pleasing but dove in a couple of times and Raheem skipped past him. He had a very good, steady game though.

Hendo - I spent most of yesterday slagging him off and for the first 45mins I saw all the same usual sh*te from him that I normally do. However, in the second half he grew into the game and started passing FORWARD. He was beginning to dictate the pace of the game and was controlling the midfield. Good enough performance, needs to play as he did in the second half every single week for 90mins. Not criticising the lad because he had a good game but for those of you making excuses for him not taking a penalty on Sunday coming out with all this sh*t about how he is in pain, well he took a free kick from 25 yards yesterday, so if he can do that then he can take a pen from 12 yards.

Can - I thought he was brilliant from start to finish. Really bullied their midfielders.

Milner - If it wasn't for Lallanas assist for the third then I'd have given him motm. Ran his socks off all game and was far better on the ball than he usually is. Great goal as well. Very good performance.

Lallana - A goal and an assist to go with his superb work rate. Motm.

Firmino - Linked up well with the forwards and put a shift in too. Fantastic goal.

Origi - Starting to become a favourite of mine after spending months and months slagging the poor lad off convinced he will never be good enough for us. There looks to be now a real player in Origi. The lad is really really quick, big and strong, his first touch and hold up play is brilliant as well. If he improves on his shooting and final pass he will be a top player. He really wants that shirt and he wants to play for Jürgen. Very impressed with him at the moment.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #450: Mar 03, 2016 09:48:09 am
      Now I'm just about to go back to the start of the thread and read from the start of the Match...haven't had a chance to post on this yet as it's been a busy day but I hope to F**k I don't read any negative comments after Full Time as there could be nothing possibly to complain or whinge about. That was a fantastic effort from every Red that took to the pitch, today.

Get the F**k IN!!!!!!!
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #451: Mar 03, 2016 10:15:26 am
      What a great result and performance. MOTM is between Milner and Lallana for me, they really worked their socks off.
      It clearly meant alot to the both of them coz they swarmed the midfield and were playing with a determination i hadnt seen before.
      I wish we could play this way every week :)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #452: Mar 03, 2016 11:03:38 am
      Clyne - I say the same thing about Clyne every week. He's solid and he defends well for 90minutes but he needs to do a little better when he goes forward.

Clyne is becoming one of my favourite players. There's something about his type, the Arbeloa kind of honest pro who puts in a good performance every week that I'm always drawn to. I really like the fella.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #453: Mar 03, 2016 11:20:22 am
      Well I was all for Milner, Henderson, Sturrigde, and Firmino being dropped for this game especially after there non performance on Sunday, so I was pleased not to see Sturrigde's name on the team sheet, less pleased to see the inclusion for Henderson,Milner and Firmino..... And in less than two minutes (Henderson's free kick) backs up the reason why...But surprise surprise; Milner has one of his best games for us and so does Lallana. Both justifying the reason we signed them.....

More of the same please...... MOTM was hard, three of the back four were outstanding, Flanno,Toure and Lovern Can had a solid game, along with Firmino, Milner looked like the player we hoped we had signed. But in the end I voted for Lallana. did mostly everything right last night and had a end product to his game....

Well done lads...

Although Benteke did little when he came on I was glad to see him getting some game time (Felt sorry of him the way he looked sitting on the bench these past few games) :depressed:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #454: Mar 03, 2016 11:35:27 am
      Clyne is becoming one of my favourite players. There's something about his type, the Arbeloa kind of honest pro who puts in a good performance every week that I'm always drawn to. I really like the fella.

Same mate. I know its priority for a defender to actually defend before anything else (something Clyne is really good at) but with his pace I think he needs to join in the attack more with the way modern football is nowadays - especially because we have no wingers playing!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #455: Mar 03, 2016 11:36:21 am
      Just an incidental that I meant to post last night but did anyone see the replay of that early Flanno tackle on sterling, the camera angle from the corner flag showed Hendo immediately clap and say yes!

Quality that.

+1 Hendo.

Edit: towards the end of this, for some reason they cut it off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HFA_2EReA

THATS MORE F***ing LIKE IT!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #456: Mar 03, 2016 12:00:50 pm
      There are a couple mate, flick past, don't bite and you'll be golden. ;)

I did notice them mate but went straight past just shaking my head.....

I think I've discovered the secret to us winning and going to test it in the next match.....

The secret is me not posting in or looking at the Live Match Thread. Didn't do it today and we smashed those fuckers!

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #457: Mar 03, 2016 12:08:45 pm
      If we continue to play like this until the end of the season not many teams can survive. The lads should give their all for the remaining games and see how far it takes us. I'm sure clubs above us are fast tiring and expected to drop points. I'd say don't give up,top 4 is still possible. Playing against City within days truly gives the young players much added experience as they were up against world class players. We have beaten them comprehensively, so there is no fear against other teams. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #458: Mar 03, 2016 12:13:52 pm
      I tend to steer clear of match threads too. Peoples opinions veer in a spectrum from "we are a f******disgrace" to "carry on like this and we'll win this f****** league" within the space of about ten minutes. I've logged onto match threads six minutes into matches and it's 0-0 without either team having a shot and people are practically slashing their wrists. It's a bit heavy for my taste.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #459: Mar 03, 2016 12:36:54 pm
      If that Joe Allen shot had gone in i would have spunked a jizz fountain

Quick Reply