Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre Match Liverpool v Man Utd 1st leg Europa League Thurs 10th March ko 8.05pm

Read 12759 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: Pre Match Liverpool v Man Utd 1st leg Europa League Thurs 10th March ko 8.05pm
      Reply #69: Mar 09, 2016 05:43:50 pm
      On the Kop for this one, can't wait. Think we'll bag a narrow win before drawing down the road to see us safely through. 1-0, Firmino is my prediction.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Pre Match Liverpool v Man Utd 1st leg Europa League Thurs 10th March ko 8.05pm
      Reply #70: Mar 09, 2016 06:00:48 pm
      Anfield HQ Retweeted
       John Bradley ‏@JBcommentator  28 mins28 minutes ago
      Liverpool v Manchester Utd refereed by Carlos Velasco Carballo of Spain. 6 reds and 63 yellows in the last 10 games he's done. Be Warned !!

Going to be an interesting match then!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #71: Mar 09, 2016 06:09:29 pm
      Milner might be out with a virus. Wouldn't mind us looking into Ibe as the replacement with Coutinho playing in the Milner role.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #72: Mar 09, 2016 06:25:21 pm
      Mignolet

Clyne
      Lovren
      Sakho
      Moreno

Lallana
      Henderson (c)
      Emre Can
      Coutinho

Firmino
      Sturridge

Subs: Ward; Skrtel, Toure; Allen; Ibe; Benteke, Origi.

I would of started Milner had he not been ill, shame Flanno isn't eligible to pay as I'd of had him at Left Back ahead of Moreno.

Gonna be a tight game as I think they'll play for a draw. But I think we'll win this 2-1 - Sturridge and Hendo with the goals.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #73: Mar 09, 2016 07:27:20 pm
      Anfield HQ Retweeted
      Liverpool v Manchester Utd refereed by Carlos Velasco Carballo of Spain. 6 reds and 63 yellows in the last 10 games he's done. Be Warned !!

O.o

Perhaps it's better Flanno doesn't start for this then, that's quite a record!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #74: Mar 09, 2016 07:30:33 pm
      Play like we did against their neighbours, give them a spanking.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #75: Mar 09, 2016 07:32:57 pm
      We can't F***ing lose this tie, we just can't.

Please reds finally show us how much you care and stuff these manc cu*ts.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #76: Mar 09, 2016 07:52:11 pm
      O.o

Perhaps it's better Flanno doesn't start for this then, that's quite a record!

With that record both teams may struggle to field an eleven for the return fixture :P
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #77: Mar 09, 2016 08:32:54 pm
      I'm so excited for this, Anfield will come alive, the atmosphere will be on par with Chelsea 05 I reckon.

Strange how the two heavyweights of English football are going head to head in the Europa league, how both have fallen, but it's still a massive game, it always will be.

I'm not worried about them scoring as much as other people are on here because I fancy us scoring at their place. I think we will score more goals there than we will tomorrow!

It'll be tight tomorrow I'm going for a 1-1 draw. We will batter them all game but they will just defend defend defend and score on the break or from a set piece. They will come to frustrate us rather than try and play football or win the game. If that's the case their will be disappointment but I fancy us to smash them 3-1 at their place. Itll suit us down to the ground them coming out and attacking us.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #78: Mar 09, 2016 08:47:47 pm
      Anfield HQ Retweeted

I guess Moreno will be sent off within the first 5 minutes then, might as well start with 10 men.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #79: Mar 09, 2016 08:52:20 pm
      I guess Moreno will be sent off within the first 5 minutes then, might as well start with 10 men.

Didn't do us any harm against Palace !
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #80: Mar 09, 2016 08:55:40 pm
      Their defence is highly suspect. Put lots of pressure on their defence and they will collapse big time. They have improved lately in their passes and we must press them all over the pitch. Stop the ball going to their wingers, they've been attacking down the flanks a lot of late.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #81: Mar 09, 2016 09:09:44 pm

Am I detecting a big bet on a Fellaini dismissal...?

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #82: Mar 09, 2016 09:18:58 pm
      Anfield HQ Retweeted

Sounds to me like a clown that likes to be centre of attention on the pitch.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #83: Mar 09, 2016 10:05:45 pm
      I shall be there. I shall be loud. I shall go the chippy after.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #84: Mar 09, 2016 10:47:59 pm
      Can't wait for this game, the Kop is gonna be buzzing. The two most successful sides in British football come head to head for the first time in a European Competition, it's gonna be one hell of a ride for a week, a win tomorrow night will ease the pressure slightly for next week's game, we just need to press very high and get a couple of early goals to really knock them off their stride and then defend like mad !!!
      United aren't the team they were since fergie left, they've stumbled and stuttered and to be honest, they really haven't deserved to beat us twice this season......hopefully revenge will be sweet !!! You bet it will be  >:D

Sing loud, sing proud and let's show that lot from down the east lancs just who is boss....over to you Jürgen  :scarf:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #85: Mar 09, 2016 10:56:47 pm
      Anfield needs to be as hostile as anything tomorrow, show them cu*ts nothing but pure hatred.

Bring on ya manchester united...bring on the cockneys by the score...and we'll take ya two by two and we'll kick F**k out of you...cos Liverpool are the team that we adore  ;D 8) :boxing: :gt-happyup: Scousers aggro !!

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #86: Mar 09, 2016 11:05:20 pm
      it's gonna be one hell of a ride for a week, a win tomorrow night will ease the pressure slightly for next week's game, we just need to press very high and get a couple of early goals to really knock them off their stride and then defend like mad !!!

Sack the defending.  This first leg is the free hit in this tie.  I want to see us stick as many as we can past them.  The minute we start to think about defending and keeping it tight will be shortly followed by a United goal.

Gung ho I reckon! ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #87: Mar 09, 2016 11:13:27 pm
      Been having an excellent time tonight not only watching Chelsea get done, but telling a couple of their fans that as a Liverpool fan I can't understand wht they are anti us, we don't mind them (because our real rivals are Man Utd, they absolutely f****** hate that, it never fails). I even said at one point that we consider Chelsea as an "up & coming club" kinf of "like West Ham". You gotta love it.

We get a lot of Mancs in too and one in particular who is a right c*** (his name's Cliff,say no more). He seeks me out the c*** whenever they get one over on us (he was f******insatiable when Rooney got the winner in the league).

PLEASE Jürgen, PLEASE LADS, BEAT THESE C****.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #88: Mar 09, 2016 11:15:24 pm
      Sack the defending.  This first leg is the free hit in this tie.  I want to see us stick as many as we can past them.  The minute we start to think about defending and keeping it tight will be shortly followed by a United goal.

Gung ho I reckon! ;)

That's true actually  :) If we play like we did against City last wednesday, we'll have no worries at all  ;) a nice round 5 wil do me !!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #89: Mar 10, 2016 12:22:11 am
      Anfield HQ Retweeted

Oh sweet Jesus!

A liberal lipped foreigner reffing a hateful English grudge match.  :D

Those refs aren't built for these games.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #90: Mar 10, 2016 12:26:03 am
      Been having an excellent time tonight not only watching Chelsea get done, but telling a couple of their fans that as a Liverpool fan I can't understand wht they are anti us, we don't mind them (because our real rivals are Man Utd, they absolutely f****** hate that, it never fails). I even said at one point that we consider Chelsea as an "up & coming club" kinf of "like West Ham". You gotta love it.

We get a lot of Mancs in too and one in particular who is a right c*** (his name's Cliff,say no more). He seeks me out the c*** whenever they get one over on us (he was f******insatiable when Rooney got the winner in the league).

PLEASE Jürgen, PLEASE LADS, BEAT THESE C****.

Do what any good mod would do, either 'watch' him, or 'ban' him.  :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #91: Mar 10, 2016 01:29:13 am
      Do what any good mod would do, either 'watch' him, or 'ban' him.  :D

Nah mate. Every dog has his day, tomorrow's gonna be mine.

Quick Reply