Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kenny Dalglish

Read 11696 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Kenny Dalglish
      Mar 13, 2016 10:50:02 am
      Sir Matt Busby
      Sir Alex Ferguson
      Sir Trevor Brooking

Bill Shankly
      Bob Paisley
      Kenny Dalglish

I just don't understand why some notables get knighted whilst 'as successful' peers do not. Especially when you consider the charity work Dalglish does

Isn't there something supporters can do to remedy this, a petition of sorts?
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish
      Reply #1: Mar 13, 2016 11:01:47 am
      Why would you knight a King?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2: Mar 13, 2016 11:09:54 am
      I get fedup of people calling him King Kenny. He is a well respected man but not a king of anywhere. Maybe if he applied to be a mayor he would be succesful then people could call him Mayor Dalglesh.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #3: Mar 13, 2016 11:15:35 am
      Nice one :D

Still though, it would be fitting because it's acknowledgement of their accomplishments
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #4: Mar 13, 2016 11:24:29 am
      What did Trevor McDonald say about Knighthoods?

I tend to agree.
      Kopite78
      Reply #5: Mar 13, 2016 11:28:01 am
      I get fedup of people calling him King Kenny. He is a well respected man but not a king of anywhere. Maybe if he applied to be a mayor he would be succesful then people could call him Mayor Dalglesh.

He's the King of the Kop

We all know he's not a real king like.

I genuinely don't know if you're a wind up or just thick.

He's the greatest player to ever play for us and for that is rightly adored and playfully called King Kenny.. For you to post what you posted just makes me wonder what you're trying to achieve. Constant slagging off of the club, saying we aren't good enough whilst taking up other clubs and now the audacity to post that silly sh*te about Kenny and not even spell his name right

Proper ball bag you

Sir Matt Busby
      Sir Alex Ferguson
      Sir Trevor Brooking

Bill Shankly
      Bob Paisley
      Kenny Dalglish

I just don't understand why some notables get knighted whilst 'as successful' peers do not. Especially when you consider the charity work Dalglish does

I think our stance as away from the country and the outspoken views of the governments, especially the Tories probably goes against our people getting these

Not sure Kenny's arsed anyway

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #6: Mar 13, 2016 11:38:38 am
       I don't know if this can be done
       f*ck the authorities and media
      we can do it ourselves. we can refer (when mentioned) in this forum to them  as SIR Kenny Dalglish. or SIR Bob Paisley or SIR Bill Shankly
      They are legends , kings, immortal heroes  for us , so we just name them SIR ourselves
      YNWA
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #7: Mar 13, 2016 11:39:47 am
      Sir Matt Busby
      Sir Alex Ferguson
      Sir Trevor Brooking

Bill Shankly
      Bob Paisley
      Kenny Dalglish

F**k knighthoods.

Shankly, Paisley and Dalglish are well above any tawdry meaningless knighthood. It's merely Man Utd being the darlings of the establishment that's all - hardly a glorious acknowledgement to be honest.

Have a look at the majority of folk who got knighted - bankers, ex-politicians, Jimmy Savile and Alex Ferguson.

Now we wouldn't want Shanks, Bob and King Kenny in with that lot now would we?
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2016 11:50:05 am by Son Of A Gun »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8: Mar 13, 2016 11:47:59 am
      I don't think we, or they, need acknowledgement from an outdated establishment to know they are great and honourable men.

Sir William, Sir Robert and Sir Kenneth doesn't sound right, to us they will always be Shanks, Bob and the King.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #9: Mar 13, 2016 11:53:47 am

You can't even spell the man's name right. Absolute travesty of a poster time after time.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #10: Mar 13, 2016 11:58:57 am

Sir, please step away from the keyboard with your arms in the air!.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #11: Mar 13, 2016 12:00:53 pm

F**k off.
      Tell you what Dick Head go into any bar in Liverpool mouthing off like that and see how long it takes for you to be carried out.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #12: Mar 13, 2016 12:14:10 pm
      For me, it's probably equal parts an acknowledgement of his achievement and perplexing that he hasn't been given one

Perhaps Kenny doesn't care, but I'll bet he'd enjoy holding up that medal at the Palace and giving them that grin of his

Be a nice day out for the family too
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      Reply #13: Mar 13, 2016 12:15:14 pm
      It's more an affectionate title than anything else Rib
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14: Mar 13, 2016 12:19:55 pm
      It should be Kenny handing out knighthoods, not the other way around. ;D
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15: Mar 13, 2016 12:50:01 pm

How's the fishing ?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16: Mar 13, 2016 01:55:35 pm
      F**k off.
      Tell you what Dick Head go into any bar in Liverpool mouthing off like that and see how long it takes for you to be carried out.
      I think Kenny is a good bloke, but he is not a member of royalty. Does he deserve a Knighthood? I think so... then people could call him Sir Kenny Dalgleish which is an actual title. I guess I am just a literal person, but fighting talk? honestly... is that how you see the fans? we aren't thugs and what you just said is far more serious than anything I've said and fans who solve debates with violence are in no way representing the great football club.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17: Mar 13, 2016 01:57:19 pm
      I think Kenny is a good bloke, but he is not a member of royalty. Does he deserve a Knighthood? I think so... then people could call him Sir Kenny Dalgleish which is an actual title. I guess I am just a literal person, but fighting talk? honestly... is that how you see the fans? we aren't thugs and what you just said is far more serious than anything I've said and fans who solve debates with violence are in no way representing the great football club.

Your Valentines Day cards must be F***ing brutal.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #18: Mar 13, 2016 02:16:09 pm
      And still you can't get the greatest player to put on a red shirts name right.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #19: Mar 13, 2016 02:31:30 pm
      And still you can't get the greatest player to put on a red shirts name right.

Taking the F***ing piss, haven't got a Scooby how the F***ing eejit is still on the forum.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #20: Mar 13, 2016 02:39:22 pm
      Oh Riba you're good for a chuckle but not much else :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #21: Mar 13, 2016 05:46:40 pm
      Sir Matt Busby
      Sir Alex Ferguson
      Sir Trevor Brooking

Bill Shankly
      Bob Paisley
      Kenny Dalglish

Sir Paul McCartney

John Lennon
      George Harrison
      Ringo Starr

Has knighthood ever made sense?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #22: Mar 13, 2016 05:55:33 pm

Ha ha ha ha.

What a F***ing weapon.

Quick Reply