Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Quarter Finals - who do we want? We got Dortmund!

Read 20816 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Quarter Finals - who do we want? We got Dortmund!
      Reply #138: Mar 19, 2016 07:49:21 pm
      skipped over to the dortmund forun to see what their fans

for the majority they think we are barely a speed bump. actually a bit shocking to read some of their comments about us and even klopp.

however as good as they think they are and how bad they think we are, i still think if our lads are up for it,  we can get a result

you don't take notice of what people say on forums do you ?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #139: Mar 19, 2016 08:58:43 pm
      Me personally IĀ“ll make it somehow to both legs, flight is booked already for the second one hoping to get game tickets (can anybody tell me if and how thereĀ“s a chance to get one for Anfield also through the LFC-channels as a guest supporter?). If I wonĀ“t succeed I guess there are loads of pubs where the game is shown on TV and BVB-fans are at least tolerated (?).

You and any other Dortmund fans will be fine in the pubs if you can't get tickets mate.  There's mutual respect from both sets of fans and that's always appreciated by the Reds.

Will you be staying for the Hillsborough Memorial Service at Anfield on the Friday?  It would be awesome to have a contingent of yellow and black who have shown fantastic support towards our fight for justice.  Tickets are free for everyone so if you're interested and will still be in the City this is the telephone number 44151 264 2500 to order tickets.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #140: Mar 19, 2016 11:16:35 pm
      You and any other Dortmund fans will be fine in the pubs if you can't get tickets mate.  There's mutual respect from both sets of fans and that's always appreciated by the Reds.

Will you be staying for the Hillsborough Memorial Service at Anfield on the Friday?  It would be awesome to have a contingent of yellow and black who have shown fantastic support towards our fight for justice.  Tickets are free for everyone so if you're interested and will still be in the City this is the telephone number 44151 264 2500 to order tickets.

Thank you for your warm welcome!

I would love to join you at the Hillsborough Memorial Service on that day, but I have to leave for my plane in the morning.

I simply couldnĀ“t afford the prices for other flights so I had to chose this one.

However my thoughts will be with you and the families of the 96 during the Service.

And IĀ“m sure there will be many black and yellows supporting you at Anfield then.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #141: Mar 20, 2016 12:30:30 am
      skipped over to the dortmund forun to see what their fans

for the majority they think we are barely a speed bump. actually a bit shocking to read some of their comments about us and even klopp.

however as good as they think they are and how bad they think we are, i still think if our lads are up for it,  we can get a result

Yeah, saw that too. One poster stated that "Kloppo" was one dimensional and Dortmund had stagnated under him and that their new manager has taken their players to the next level, i.e. controlling the game more with the ball as opposed to placing so much emphasis on pressing.

They feel their team is going to shank us quite easily and consider themselves one of the best teams in Europe alongside Barca. I honestly don't know how true this is because I don't see them but apparently man-for-man they are much better than us. Mind you, I'd hardly expect anything less in terms of arrogance from the Hun.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #142: Mar 20, 2016 12:48:20 am
      Hopefully we can run out 4-0 winners again like when we last played them.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #143: Mar 20, 2016 01:13:46 am
      Yeah but fans always think their side is the best proof is in the pudding, they dont have a play like coutinho.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #144: Mar 20, 2016 01:14:51 am
      The advantage definitely lies with the team that plays the second leg at home. They are a good team but I won't say a great team at the level of Barca, Madrid or Bayern who would be a bit too much for us at this point of our development.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #145: Mar 20, 2016 01:21:03 am
      If they were as good as Barca they wouldn't be in Europa. They may want to settle down a bit.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #146: Mar 20, 2016 01:49:04 am
      They play like Barca but not that good against packed defence. I think Klopp knows already how to deal with them, we will kill Dortmund on the counter I can see it already. Great draw, epic two legs. cant wait
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #147: Mar 20, 2016 09:12:35 am
      Thank you for your warm welcome!

I would love to join you at the Hillsborough Memorial Service on that day, but I have to leave for my plane in the morning.

I simply couldnĀ“t afford the prices for other flights so I had to chose this one.

However my thoughts will be with you and the families of the 96 during the Service.

And IĀ“m sure there will be many black and yellows supporting you at Anfield then.

You're more than welcome mate and I appreciate the costs involved. 

It's fantastic that you're making the trip over, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time in our wonderful City but please spread the word to your fellow Dortmund fans regarding the Memorial Service.  It's the last one to be held and hopefully we'll be celebrating positive verdicts to the new Inquests.

Enjoy the trip mate and thank you from us all for your continued support in our fight for Justice.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #148: Mar 20, 2016 11:09:26 am
      Yeah but fans always think their side is the best proof is in the pudding, they dont have a play like coutinho.

Marco Reus! He's a half decent player.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #149: Mar 20, 2016 12:15:09 pm
      You're more than welcome mate and I appreciate the costs involved. 

It's fantastic that you're making the trip over, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time in our wonderful City but please spread the word to your fellow Dortmund fans regarding the Memorial Service.  It's the last one to be held and hopefully we'll be celebrating positive verdicts to the new Inquests.

Enjoy the trip mate and thank you from us all for your continued support in our fight for Justice.

IĀ“ve read a lot about the infamous inquiry of the tradegy and be assured of my full support for the victims and their relatives.

Also I know this will be the last service at Anfield and will communicate this on a BVB-Forum and appeal to the fans to show solidarity and visit your ground on that day.

Would be great to see a black and yellow scarf representing a (small) piece of the big number 96 on the field.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #150: Mar 21, 2016 09:28:19 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #151: Mar 21, 2016 09:43:06 pm
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #152: Mar 21, 2016 09:44:38 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #153: Mar 22, 2016 06:06:07 am
      Time to break that record.

Let's put 2 L's on the end of that list!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #154: Mar 22, 2016 06:50:56 am
      There is no reason why we can't Ian.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #155: Mar 22, 2016 10:04:56 am
      There is no reason why we can't Ian.

Well in reality there are more reasons we can lose than win, they are a superior team than us, but if we hit full stride then we can beat anyone. I'm just wondering (and hoping) if they might get a bit distracted by their pursuit of Bayern in the league.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #156: Mar 22, 2016 02:14:02 pm
      Hope it doesnĀ“t sound too ridiculous:

Anybody of you holding or being able to get 1 or 2 tickets for the second leg AND not beeing able to visit the game AND willing to sell it to me?

O. k., this really sounds ridiculous, my apologies on that...   :laugh:

My flight is booked but IĀ“m afraid not to succeed in getting ticket(s) through the BVB ticket hotline.

Is there another possibility for away supporters to get any tickets for this game?
      bueti10
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #157: Mar 25, 2016 01:22:12 am
      Hey Guys,

Can someone shed some light on my possibilities on actually getting 2 tickets to the home leg of this tie? I have been trying for the past 2 months to get tickets to Anfield but it always sells out before it gets open to my membership? would greatly appreciate some help.

Cheers
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #158: Mar 25, 2016 01:47:36 am
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #159: Mar 25, 2016 09:18:28 am
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #160: Mar 26, 2016 08:25:24 am
      So Anyone excited to go to the Westfalienstadion ? ;) I have been there on many occasions. You will experience something you haven't before! Just gives you the feeling of good old football back!

No  silent stadiums of money soaking clubs! Bring on some good good old European football night! :)

Quick Reply