Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mario Balotelli (to China? Sampdoria?)

Read 37285 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Re: Mario Balotelli (to Jiangsu Suning)
      Reply #46: Apr 08, 2016 06:57:39 pm
      Benteke (as anyone who knows that a ball is blown up and not f**king stuffed will tell you) is a way better footballer than Mario and on every f**king level... from application, to numbers, to actual ability. Anyone telling you any different either knows f**k all about football or is an insecure being who's still clutching at straws in the hope that they can save face.  :laugh:

His price/cost is of no consequence to the football fan - only the investor.  >:D

I haven't seen anyone suggest that Balo is a better player than Benteke,  but I may have missed it. 

What we have been discussing is whether Balo was more/less of a gamble at 16M than Benteke at 32M.  You may not care what the costs associated with each transfer were, but it doesn't mean they aren't important.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #47: Apr 08, 2016 07:17:13 pm
      I haven't seen anyone suggest that Balo is a better player than Benteke,  but I may have missed it. 

What we have been discussing is whether Balo was more/less of a gamble at 16M than Benteke at 32M.  You may not care what the costs associated with each transfer were, but it doesn't mean they aren't important.

It's obvious to anyone (even with a semblance of financial understanding) that spending anything out of a transfer budget has an impact and therefore an implied risk, trying to suggest his price has no consequence is naive. That applies to both a financial risk and a football risk.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #48: Apr 08, 2016 08:13:17 pm
      What we have been discussing is whether Balo was more/less of a gamble at 16M than Benteke at 32M.
      Yeah Harry, I know.  ;)

Benteke, being a better footballer (undisputed opinion that, you reckon) was obviously less of a risk in a footballing sense. If you want to talk finance then a player who cost less obviously is less of a risk for cu*ts who don't care about football [i.e. the investors, who lose less].

I believed that both went without me having to spell it out to someone who's not stupid... so I didn't.

I was obviously talking football, you were (probably) talking finance, the maggot is just being snide like the two-faced, lily-livered, hypocritical c**t that he is.  ;D.

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2016 09:21:31 am by bad boy bubby »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: Apr 09, 2016 12:20:48 am
      Yeah Harry, I know.  ;)

Benteke, being a better footballer (undisputed opinion that, you reckon) was obviously less of a risk in a footballing sense. If you want to talk finance then a player who cost less obviously is less of a risk for cu*ts who don't care about football [i.e. the investors, who lose less].

I believed that both went without me having to spell it out to someone who's not stupid... so I didn't.

I was obviously talking football, you were (probably) talking finance, the maggot is just being snide like the two-faced, lily-livered, hypocritical c**t that he is.  ;D

:lmao: (btw as you clearly struggle to understand I'm laughing at both your logic and your insults, you can clearly do better if you try harder)

What I find hilarious is the fact you don't seem to understand that the % of the transfer budget spent represents the level of risk in both a football and financial sense. The cost will always have a consequence in both a football and a financial sense. They correlate and always will do until we have owners with limitless funds and a transfer budget without restrictions.

As these conditions are impossible to meet (owners with truly limitless resources) we'll assume that you're discussing this matter in the real world rather than some fantasy.

Reported figures:

Benteke
      £32m purchase price
      £140k a week wages

Balotelli
      £16m purchase price
      £75k - £80k a week wages

Roughly half the investement (both financial and football), even a person with the most basic grasp of economics can understand that if we want to compare the risk (both football and financial) we would have to allow the option to buy a second player on almost exactly the same contract. This would spread both the risk, by giving us further options, but also increase the chances (by almost double) of filling the void periods in terms of injuries.

We did that but foolishly we allowed him to not join the club and indeed loaned him out:

Origi
      £10m purchase price
      £15k a week wages

*note there's still £6m and roughly 45k a week wages disparity (could have got Dele Alli and some  :f_whistle: )

This was Brendan Rodgers £10m risk

We chose to rely on only a £16m investment, therefore disproportionately increasing the risk on Balotelli. It's quite clear with hindsight that we should have spent more on a player of greater ability or players that would be immediately available. That risk was assumed by all those involved in that decision and that's where the greatest mistake of the previous transfer window occurred and Balotelli was left to carry the full weight of Brendans and the TC failure. The fact that he wanted him or not is actually irrelevant because he was involved in all stages of the process, he either directly or indirectly allowed this to happen. He admitted it was a gamble one that occurred through an over reliance on a false assumption made by all parties (Alexis Sanchez).

This season we (Brendan fully included) decided to put £32m into one player and therefore risked a greater % of our transfer budget on this one player (assuming our budgets remain the same (for clarity we spent £38.77m (net) in the Balotelli transfer window and only £22m (net) in the Benteke transfer window, which represents a greater ratio in terms of actual investment and therefore an even greater risk in both football and financial terms on Benteke)).  For him to be deemed a lesser risk he would at the very least need to prove something better than the combined efforts of those that totalled his investment.

What has transpired is a very young player who cost 3 times less has overtaken him in the pecking order and indeed Benteke will be leaving the club after just 1 year with us. These are clear indicators that he has failed, financially we may indeed redeem a large portion of what we spent on him but in football terms he has not delivered on the risk we (being Brendan and the TC) took on him.

So the truth is that the risk placed on Balotelli's transfer was completely disproportionate both in financial and football terms (thankfully we had more players to cover Benteke's failure) to Benteke's. Brendan should have spread the risk on immediately available players and perhaps then we would have had an Origi to call upon last season and indeed the 'failure' of the combined transfers would not look nearly as bad as judging a player priced at half the value and half the wages directly against a player of double value and double the wages.

Only somebody completely naive would attempt to equate the two in either a football or financial sense.

Balotelli failed.
      Benteke failed.
      Brendan Rodgers and the Transfer Committee failed.

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2016 12:34:58 am by KopiteLuke »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #50: Apr 09, 2016 09:14:36 am
       :lmao: at the little man as he sticks his nose in then pretends the bad man hasn't insulted him by telling the truth but less of that folks here is your cut out and keep 'Hypocrites Guide to Brendan/Mario' a.k.a. 'The Luke Protocol'...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Mario failed ☑ Brendan failed to get the best from Mario. ☑ Christian failed ☑ but Jürgen hasn't failed to get the best from Christian ☑ No shame ☑

"Brendan [a sh*te manager] should have got more from Mario." but "Jürgen [a world class manager] can't be expected to get more from Christian [a better player than Mario]"... "I'm not a hypocrite"
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

;D It's obvious I agitate the F**k clean out of you ickle Lukey better, for you, if you ignore me. I'll do the same with you if, for no other reason, it means I won't have to read those 'Baffle With Bullshit' posts you've become synonymous with lately.

Speaking of which - how's your p.p.g. "challenge" going by the way; I haven't checked?    :-\
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #51: Apr 09, 2016 09:18:00 am
      Looks like Ballo has been once again told 'prove yourself and you can move / stay / get games'... So, see him back here in a month or two then.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #52: Apr 11, 2016 04:51:33 am
      surely we can all agree on one thing: we as a club failed Carroll, Benteke, Balotelli as much as they failed to settle in here. anyone who isn't just plain confused by how we've treated Benteke and Balotelli should have a think about how they absorb football. i mean, i could understand why it happened to Balotelli, he's easy to make a scapegoat, you can call him lazy and a nutcase and bring up how Mourinho said he couldn't coach him (what so Mourinho's words mean something to us now?) and then it's easy to pretend he's failing instead of us failing him, it's piss easy to see him fail to adapt in 10 minutes of gametime and then call him sh*t. Benteke is just weird though, why did we buy him, to ensure Villa had no chance this season? it couldn't have been for footballing reasons.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #53: Apr 11, 2016 09:40:01 am
      surely we can all agree on one thing: we as a club failed Carroll, Benteke, Balotelli as much as they failed to settle in here. anyone who isn't just plain confused by how we've treated Benteke and Balotelli should have a think about how they absorb football. i mean, i could understand why it happened to Balotelli, he's easy to make a scapegoat, you can call him lazy and a nutcase and bring up how Mourinho said he couldn't coach him (what so Mourinho's words mean something to us now?) and then it's easy to pretend he's failing instead of us failing him, it's piss easy to see him fail to adapt in 10 minutes of gametime and then call him sh*t. Benteke is just weird though, why did we buy him, to ensure Villa had no chance this season? it couldn't have been for footballing reasons.

All three are quite easy to understand when you step back and think about it and all for pretty much the same reasons.

Carroll was signed under a previous manager and the new manager didn't fancy him.

Balotelli was signed as a last resort and the manager seemingly was reluctant but had little option. He obviously didn't fancy him.

Benteke was signed under the previous manager and the new manager doesn't fancy him.

Rightly or wrongly the two managers have chosen not to pick played in there squad which I their right whether we think its 'fair' or not.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #54: Apr 12, 2016 08:28:09 am

I admit, I'm confused with how we treated Balotelli. I'd have treated the tw*t far worse. Some of the stories that have been reported about what he was up to on the training ground are disgraceful. Disrespecting the manager and some of his teammates too (ie. scoring a deliberate own goal in training, asking who Joe Allen was, etc.).

Of course Mourinho's words mean something. He's managed him and is one of the top four or five managers in the world. Rodgers (while not in the same class) is also regarded as a good man manager by the likes of Gerrard, Suarez, Coutinho, Henderson, etc. and he clearly couldn't deal with Balotelli either.

It is funny though that you'd try to paint it as us failing him instead of him failing us... Has every club Balotelli has been at failed Balotelli? Does he take none of the blame?

I respect Benteke much more than either Carroll or Balotelli. Carroll was a mess off the pitch, Balotelli was just a total tw*t. Benteke at least put the effort in and has contributed.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #55: Apr 18, 2016 08:18:05 am
      I have just read on BBC Sports that Balotelli does not want to come back to Liverpool.Screams of delight could be heard across the world on hearing this news. ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Apr 18, 2016 09:04:37 am
      I have just read on BBC Sports that Balotelli does not want to come back to Liverpool.Screams of delight could be heard across the world on hearing this news. ;D

Does that mean that we can terminate his contract by mutual consent? Please please let it be so.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #57: Apr 18, 2016 09:51:23 am

Unfortunately Billy the eejit is still on the club's payroll and has to pay half his wages I believe when he goes out on loan.
      Thick as pigshit he truly is.

Comparing Carroll and Benteke is off the mark, Carroll had some off-field indiscretions and didn't get the run of the ball sometimes while Benteke does have go and could come good, he does have genuine potential to turn it round.

The other F***ing eejit is a lost cause.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #58: Apr 18, 2016 10:45:15 am
      Unfortunately Billy the eejit is still on the club's payroll and has to pay half his wages I believe when he goes out on loan.
      Thick as pigshit he truly is.

Comparing Carroll and Benteke is off the mark, Carroll had some off-field indiscretions and didn't get the run of the ball sometimes while Benteke does have go and could come good, he does have genuine potential to turn it round.

The other f**king eejit is a lost cause.

It makes me wonder how a load of rubbish like  him finished up at Anfield.You are so right with your comparisons stuey.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #59: Apr 18, 2016 01:44:15 pm
      Instead of struggling with getting Benteke back on form (and his confidence), we would be better if we sell him in the summer for a nice fee and sign some fresh blood upfront.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #60: Apr 18, 2016 01:46:33 pm
      Instead of struggling with getting Benteke back on form (and his confidence), we would be better if we sell him in the summer for a nice fee and sign some fresh blood upfront.

Wrong thread.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #61: Apr 18, 2016 01:51:22 pm
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #62: Apr 18, 2016 02:11:23 pm
      Can't wait until we have our hands clean of this complete tw*t.

He's a dickhead who never realised the opportunities he's been given in life. All that money paid to him for a lazy wasted talent.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #63: Apr 18, 2016 05:34:42 pm
      What a shame.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #64: Apr 18, 2016 05:45:09 pm

F**k him, he wants to be at Milan, leave him there.

Would rather have someone hungry like Origi than that egotistical, overrated c**t.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #65: Apr 18, 2016 07:40:22 pm
      Doesn't want to return to Liverpool? That's fine because we don't want you back.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #66: Apr 18, 2016 07:45:15 pm
      paolo bitta
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #67: Apr 18, 2016 08:58:03 pm
      Doesn't want to return to Liverpool? That's fine because we don't want you back.
      I totally agree with you. And I can assure you that even here in Italy Milan supporters do not want him to stay.

He was a disappointment in every team he played. At 26 you can not still have to decide what you will do when you grow.

Yesterday in the interview after the match he replied with haughtiness.  >:(

Balotelli? No thanks.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #68: Apr 18, 2016 11:54:47 pm
      F**k him, he wants to be at Milan, leave him there.

Would rather have someone hungry like Origi than that egotistical, overrated c**t.

I was being sarcastic. I can't stand him.

Quick Reply