Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Mario Balotelli (to China? Sampdoria?)

Read 37250 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: Mario Balotelli (to Jiangsu Suning)
      Reply #69: Apr 19, 2016 12:13:14 am
      I was being sarcastic. I can't stand him.

It wasn't a dig or anything. Tbh I still can't believe we signed him in the first place, the complete opposite of what a Liverpool player should be.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #70: Apr 19, 2016 01:41:20 am
      It wasn't a dig or anything. Tbh I still can't believe we signed him in the first place, the complete opposite of what a Liverpool player should be.

It's arguably been the most baffling transfer we've made over the past few years, doesn't quite beat Carroll but it's definitely up there. It's as though the club didn't take any notice of what he was like over here or the amount of times the Milan staff complained about him in public.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #71: May 06, 2016 09:46:10 am
      can you imagine Mario playing in a game like last nights it would have just bewildered him.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #72: May 11, 2016 12:22:38 am
      Wherever he goes, has to be wrapped up soon. Can you imagine Klopp putting up with him at Melwood? Will get done for GBH!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #73: May 15, 2016 12:32:18 am
      Does anyone think that there is even a remote possibility that klopp might actually want to work with Mario and see if there is a proper player in his nutty mind?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #74: May 15, 2016 01:24:29 am
      Does anyone think that there is even a remote possibility that klopp might actually want to work with Mario and see if there is a proper player in his nutty mind?

We already have 4 strikers so I doubt it. He only wants people who are willing to put the effort in, Balotelli skips putting in any effort at every opportunity he sees.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #75: May 15, 2016 01:51:56 am
      We already have 4 strikers so I doubt it. He only wants people who are willing to put the effort in, Balotelli skips putting in any effort at every opportunity he sees.

I agree with you.
      Just wonder if klopp like so many other managers thinks he can turn Mario into a proper player.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #76: May 15, 2016 09:30:41 am
      I agree with you.
      Just wonder if klopp like so many other managers thinks he can turn Mario into a proper player.

Klopp won't let Balotelli next or near Anfield again mate.

He is too selfish, lazy, ill disciplined, and a negative influence on the team.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #77: May 15, 2016 10:10:14 am
      Don't know I could quite easily see our crazy German popping round Balotelli's for a firework display.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #78: May 16, 2016 12:31:08 am

No.

Even if we didn't have 4 strikers (5 including Firmino), I don't think Klopp would give him a chance.

I agree with you.

Klopp has made it abundantly clear since he's come in that he doesn't believe he's a miracle worker. Klopp has already seen Balotelli's father figure (Mancini), one of the best man managers in recent times (Mourinho), and the best man manager Gerrard has had (Rodgers) fail. I don't think he's stupid enough to attempt to try and work with him after seeing those three fail.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: May 16, 2016 12:35:20 am
      No.

Even if we didn't have 4 strikers (5 including Firmino), I don't think Klopp would give him a chance.

Klopp has made it abundantly clear since he's come in that he doesn't believe he's a miracle worker. Klopp has already seen Balotelli's father figure (Mancini), one of the best man managers in recent times (Mourinho), and the best man manager Gerrard has had (Rodgers) fail. I don't think he's stupid enough to attempt to try and work with him after seeing those three fail.

In the politest way possible the situation with Balotelli's career is fu**ed and beyond any hope of repair.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #80: May 16, 2016 12:58:49 am

Klopp only wants to work with players that will work their backsides off for him and for the team, that's just never going to be our Mario
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: May 16, 2016 01:35:42 am
      In the politest way possible the situation with Balotelli's career is fu**ed and beyond any hope of repair.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #82: May 26, 2016 04:40:23 pm
      Apparently Sampdoria are willing to sign Balotelli as long as we rip up his contract. Next it will be if we pay half his wages. Aquilani part 2.

Never buy Italians... never ! 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #83: May 26, 2016 04:48:04 pm
      Apparently Sampdoria are willing to sign Balotelli as long as we rip up his contract. Next it will be if we pay half his wages. Aquilani part 2.

Agreed, never deal with them at all. Borini caused issues too, they're nothing but a headache.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #84: May 26, 2016 04:53:24 pm

Seems they want to pair Cassano and Balo again.  Worked well enough in the Euros 4 years ago.... 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #85: May 26, 2016 04:59:40 pm

Even the one major signing that I recall Klopp made at Dortmund that failed miserably was an Italian - Immobile. Turned out to be a right daft tw*t.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #86: May 28, 2016 06:42:04 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #87: May 28, 2016 06:54:06 pm
      If Balotelli is ever the top transfer target for your club then you seriously have to question yourself.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #88: May 28, 2016 11:14:32 pm
      Can we just get rid of him and close this thread?
      He feels like a anchor on a possibly great ship that is deeply wedged into the ocean floor
      We are never going to make a profit on him and so better to just wipe the slate clean and make a statement of intent
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #89: May 28, 2016 11:36:07 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #90: Jun 16, 2016 10:40:16 am
      Off to Besiktas apparently.

Good riddance to the mug.