Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jonas Hector (FC Cologne)

Read 30236 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Jonas Hector (FC Cologne)
      Mar 31, 2016 01:00:51 pm
      http://www.espnfc.com/story/2836934/liverpool-Jürgen-klopp-could-make-me-leave-cologne-hector

Germany left-back Jonas Hector has said he would think again about staying at FC Cologne if he was approached by Liverpool. Hector -- set to win his 11th cap against England in Berlin on Saturday -- is expected to be his country's first-choice left-back at the European Championship in France in June.

He is under contract at Cologne until 2018, but said in an interview with Eurosport that if Reds manager Jürgen Klopp were to contact him, he could be tempted to reconsider his plans. "You always have to consider whether you are ready to take the next step," the 25-year-old said. "But at the moment I am not thinking about it. I think what we have to do at FC Cologne is enough. I also have with the national team a big tournament ahead of us."

Asked whether a call from Klopp could sway him, Hector said: "Then I would start to think about it."

David Maddock [Mirror]
      Liverpool confident of transfer swoops for Mario Gotze AND Germany team-mate Jonas Hector. Klopp sent two representatives to watch Cologne defender Hector playing for his country against England at the weekend, after monitoring his progress in establishing himself as his nation’s first choice.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Re: Jonas Hector (FC Cologne)
      Reply #1: Mar 31, 2016 01:02:39 pm
      Good solid player from what I have seen and a huge upgrade on Moreno, let's make it happen.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2: Mar 31, 2016 01:38:09 pm
      Looked good against England for the most part, that's all of I've really seen of him though.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3: Mar 31, 2016 11:30:09 pm
      Thought he was poor against England, personally. Their defence looked all over the place.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #4: Apr 01, 2016 10:24:52 am
      I've only been able to watch Cologne (live) a few times in the last couple of seasons - other than that it's always been highlights.

He's solid enough, from what I've seen but to be honest he has never really stood out - it might well be that in other games he has been outstanding - just not what I've seen. That said; he has a couple of years experience on young Moreno and is therefore (naturally enough) a tad more consistent, in my opinion.

We all know Jürgen is averse to signing too many players in one season and given he has already signed two this Summer - the question then becomes: is the left-back position a priority?

Just a gut feeling but I have a notion Hector is 'leaking' info in search of a pay day.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Apr 01, 2016 02:20:59 pm
      Thought he was poor against England, personally. Their defence looked all over the place.

Only saw the full game today and i feel the same way. He looked bit average and the bit he is there to do - you know, defending - he looked pretty poor.

Surely there's someone out there who has a left foot and can defend.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #6: May 20, 2016 03:46:56 am
      According to Alex Richards (The Mirror, I don't know how reliable he is) Koln are closing on a new left-back, Konstantin Rausch from Darmstadt, which could clear the path for a transfer.

Haven't seen enough of Hector myself to comment on it, but reading the replies in this topic after the England game, they aren't exactly full of praise. Surely he can do better, you don't become a German international if you can't defend, even though German has been lacking some quality full-backs for some time now.

We'll hopefully be able to watch him closer during the Euros.

I don't think this will be a popular thought, but I wouldn't mind having Moreno as back-up. Maybe a year out of the spotlights behind a more experienced and hopefully more consistent left-back will do him a world of good, allowing him to train on his defensive positioning.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #7: May 20, 2016 04:19:57 am
      If we sign him, then surely that means Moreno is off seeing as we seem like we're going to sign Chilwell?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #8: May 20, 2016 05:47:17 am
      If we sign him, then surely that means Moreno is off seeing as we seem like we're going to sign Chilwell?

Really doubt if we can get Chilwell. They're in Champions League and need squad strength to build on their success, and as a second LB, he would have more chances of first team minutes at Leicester than here.

On Hector, he is possibly the first choice LB for Germany in the Euros. If we are serious in him, hopefully we get over the line before the tournament begins.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #9: May 20, 2016 06:00:15 am
      Really doubt if we can get Chilwell. They're in Champions League and need squad strength to build on their success, and as a second LB, he would have more chances of first team minutes at Leicester than here.

On Hector, he is possibly the first choice LB for Germany in the Euros. If we are serious in him, hopefully we get over the line before the tournament begins.

Based on what? Chilwell looks to like it's all but done. Lot of talk last night that we think we've won the race to get him ahead of Arsenal.

The German full back options are a bit sh*te at the moment now that Lahm has retired. If we want him, I don't think we'll struggle to get him.

I don't think we'll sign Hector, by the way. No one reliable has linked us to him. I think we'll go into next season with Moreno and Chilwell as our options.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #10: May 20, 2016 06:12:41 am
      Based on what? Chilwell looks to like it's all but done. Lot of talk last night that we think we've won the race to get him ahead of Arsenal.

Yup, looks like it. Just seeing all the links from last night.

The German full back options are a bit sh*te at the moment now that Lahm has retired. If we want him, I don't think we'll struggle to get him.

I don't think we'll sign Hector, by the way. No one reliable has linked us to him. I think we'll go into next season with Moreno and Chilwell as our options.

I've seen Hector just twice - the friendlies vs Italy and England. He looked alright although wasnt "impressive". But of course thats too small a sample size to determine if he is better than Moreno.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #11: May 20, 2016 07:43:58 am
      if he's a good defender that's all we need
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #12: May 25, 2016 02:08:36 pm
      Reading reports that Konstantin Rausch has signed for Cologne.

Hector probably our next?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #13: May 25, 2016 02:31:49 pm
      Reading reports that Konstantin Rausch has signed for Cologne.

Hector probably our next?

It'll depend on how much Klopp wants Chilwell and how much Leicester want for him. I don't see Moreno being sold so it'll be one or the other. I'd prefer Hector because Chilwell isn't ready for first team football on a regular basis and Moreno is a nightmare.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #14: May 25, 2016 02:42:41 pm
      It'll depend on how much Klopp wants Chilwell and how much Leicester want for him. I don't see Moreno being sold so it'll be one or the other. I'd prefer Hector because Chilwell isn't ready for first team football on a regular basis and Moreno is a nightmare.

Agreed. Just looked into his stats last season, Koln signed one LB Filip Mladenovic in Jan, and Hector has played DM in a bunch of games ever since. Did Koln sign another LB so that Hector will permanently play there? We'll see.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: May 25, 2016 04:30:17 pm
      Agreed. Just looked into his stats last season, Koln signed one LB Filip Mladenovic in Jan, and Hector has played DM in a bunch of games ever since. Did Koln sign another LB so that Hector will permanently play there? We'll see.

Quite a few of those DM appearances seem to coincide with Koln playing 3 at the back which then meant Hector moved into DM. I think they had an injury or two at full back.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #16: Jun 03, 2016 09:25:58 pm
      Kicker reporting that he has been given permission to talk to other clubs if they meet the asking price.  Which is about £10M.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Jun 04, 2016 12:30:47 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #18: Jun 04, 2016 12:32:46 pm

At the bottom of that article:

We also understand Liverpool have had a bid for Schalke 04 winger Leroy Sane rejected and are considering whether to make a second bid for the 20-year-old.

Hell yes we should make a second bid.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #19: Jun 04, 2016 12:41:15 pm
      At the bottom of that article:

We also understand Liverpool have had a bid for Schalke 04 winger Leroy Sane rejected and are considering whether to make a second bid for the 20-year-old.

Hell yes we should make a second bid.

I think it'll depend on what the first bid was.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Jun 04, 2016 12:41:50 pm
      Haha how did I miss that?

Jürgen knows what he wants and what we need.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #21: Jun 04, 2016 12:45:00 pm
      I think it'll depend on what the first bid was.

We're talking about Liverpool Football Club here. The opening bid was probably 3 quid, a bag of crisps and vouchers for 10 free rides on Ayre's Harley.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Jun 04, 2016 12:51:37 pm
      We're talking about Liverpool Football Club here. The opening bid was probably 3 quid, a bag of crisps and vouchers for 10 free rides on Ayre's Harley.

More like £2 and a 10p mix (with inflation it's now a 20p mix) so it shows how serious we are throwing that into the deal :D

Quick Reply