Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jonas Hector (FC Cologne)

Read 30074 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Re: Jonas Hector (FC Cologne)
      Reply #115: Aug 02, 2016 11:35:41 pm
      Klopp, by his own admission, doesn't deal in monetary matters because he doesn't want the fee to colour his relationship with the player. Player value is determined by Ayre and Gordon and their Fifa 17 Beta.

Actually Klopp has said he makes the call on value as well. Don't have he link but know I read it somewhere. Which is good because the responsibility for transfers needs to clearly lay at someone's feet 
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #116: Aug 02, 2016 11:43:48 pm
      Klopp, by his own admission, doesn't deal in monetary matters because he doesn't want the fee to colour his relationship with the player. Player value is determined by Ayre and Gordon and their Fifa 17 Beta. The point is we're valued in excess of £1 billion and we can't stump up £20 million for a major problem position.

He doesn't get involved in contract discussions is what he meant/said. I wish you'd talk sense, it'd make life so much easier. We can 'stump' up 20m for him, Klopp just doesn't value him at 20m. Get over it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #117: Aug 02, 2016 11:56:48 pm
      He doesn't get involved in contract discussions is what he meant/said. I wish you'd talk sense, it'd make life so much easier. We can 'stump' up 20m for him, Klopp just doesn't value him at 20m. Get over it.

Unfortunately some people would just rather try and pin everything on FSG.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #118: Aug 03, 2016 02:39:43 am
      Wait so he plays one good pass and that justifies all of his brain fart moments and defensive lapses?

Exactly.  Remember this incredible Suarez goal?  How about that pin-point Hollywood ball from our left-back----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX8eZn9uFU4

---and yet we all know that that LB was Jose Enrique who was absolutely rubbish.

I suppose we should've held on to him because he played a cracking ball every now and then.   :roll:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #119: Aug 03, 2016 04:15:21 am
      Exactly.  Remember this incredible Suarez goal?  How about that pin-point Hollywood ball from our left-back----

---and yet we all know that that LB was Jose Enrique who was absolutely rubbish.

I suppose we should've held on to him because he played a cracking ball every now and then.   :roll:

:roll:
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #120: Aug 03, 2016 06:47:19 am
      Wait so he plays one good pass and that justifies all of his brain fart moments and defensive lapses?
      One good pass? I'm not even mad here, see what he said there. Moreno is "brain dead" while going into offensive positions and hasn't done anything since his goal against Spurs back in August 2014. The term "brain dead" used here is way too over exagerated in every way.

Over the top criticism of the player but fail to acknowledge his good games as he is "brain dead".

Well, i won't post anything regarding Moreno now. It is the same old bullshit all over again.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #121: Aug 03, 2016 07:02:42 am

Trying to be a smartass here i see.

"Ovie Ejaria is ready to start"

I suppose if an 18 year old has a good pre season, then we should start him in the PL.:f_tongueincheek:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #122: Aug 03, 2016 09:56:27 am
      If Klopp needs a young talent, I cant believe our scouting network has been piss poor by not drawing a 'potential' list. Santos' Caju and Flamengo's Jorge are some young diamonds from the Brazilian market. Hopefully we'll secure CL footie, flog off Moreno and get someone like Gaya or Ghoulam next season.

But at this rate, I wouldn't mind someone like Boro's Geroge Friend.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #123: Aug 03, 2016 09:59:23 am
      If Klopp needs a young talent, I cant believe our scouting network has been piss poor by not drawing a 'potential' list. Santos' Caju and Flamengo's Jorge are some young diamonds from the Brazilian market. Hopefully we'll secure CL footie, flog off Moreno and get someone like Gaya or Ghoulam next season.

I thought our Academy was our pool of young talent.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #124: Aug 03, 2016 10:08:05 am

Think back to Houllier when he was continually signing young French talent some of which he called his gems.Sadlymost of them never made the grade.It is time for some local talent to make the grade.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #125: Aug 03, 2016 10:13:27 am
      Think back to Houllier when he was continually signing young French talent some of which he called his gems.Sadlymost of them never made the grade.It is time for some local talent to make the grade.

ah who can forget Bruno Cheyrou or Anthony Le-Tallec or the mighty Pongolle . Who is our best ever French player? does he even exist.
      not including Anelka who was a loan deal
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #126: Aug 03, 2016 10:29:30 am
      ah who can forget Bruno Cheyrou or Anthony Le-Tallec or the mighty Pongolle . Who is our best ever French player? does he even exist.
      not including Anelka who was a loan deal

Does Momo Sissoko count? Born in France. Or Djibril Cisse - loved him.

Both ruined by injury.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #127: Aug 03, 2016 10:54:32 am
      Does Momo Sissoko count? Born in France. Or Djibril Cisse - loved him.

Both ruined by injury.

The point I was making John is the players you have mentioned were not kids bought for the future.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #128: Aug 03, 2016 11:06:40 am
      The point I was making John is the players you have mentioned were not kids bought for the future.

I know, Billy. Just reminiscing out loud :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #129: Aug 03, 2016 11:17:02 am
      FFS can we please buy a LB, I don't really care how much he costs, as long as its not insane Pogba money, just buy one and fill the major gap in our team, so what if we have to overpay a bit.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #130: Aug 03, 2016 11:18:48 am
      I love how this Hector story is still dragging on. Has there ever been even one solid, reputable source reporting our interest in him?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #131: Aug 03, 2016 03:51:52 pm
      I love how this Hector story is still dragging on. Has there ever been even one solid, reputable source reporting our interest in him?

No kidding. He's like the new Piotr Zielinski...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #132: Aug 04, 2016 11:19:33 am

Yes there is. Liverpool are interested in him and have made contact but they're unwilling to match the £20 million valuation as they don't think he's worth it. That story has been reported by Joyce, a reputable journo. How the hell they come to the conclusion he's not worth £20 million which is peanuts in today's market I'll never understand and before some tit says it's Klopp, no it isn't. It's been the same since FSG took over. They have some formulae for determining value and its holding us back.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #133: Aug 04, 2016 11:32:52 am

This.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #134: Aug 04, 2016 11:49:10 am
      That story has been reported by Joyce, a reputable journo.
      Ah... but... he  is only "reputable" when it suits.  :laugh:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #135: Aug 04, 2016 12:03:49 pm
      Yes there is. Liverpool are interested in him and have made contact but they're unwilling to match the £20 million valuation as they don't think he's worth it. That story has been reported by Joyce, a reputable journo. How the hell they come to the conclusion he's not worth £20 million which is peanuts in today's market I'll never understand and before some tit says it's Klopp, no it isn't. It's been the same since FSG took over. They have some formulae for determining value and its holding us back.

Err well, statistics? I've always thought the valuations we place on players are based on past statistics which is not indicative of future performance. But if there's someone from Melwood or the scouting team, please tell us more.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #136: Aug 04, 2016 01:23:26 pm
      The left back issue sums us up really in terms of transfer savvy. Not one of us could or would argue that we need to upgrade there, probably more then any other position. Hector is the best I've seen mentioned but yet there's nothing concrete. Apart from that ive seen lads mention Robbie Brady!! Fine player but hes not a left back Ireland used him there out of necessity a handful of times. And of course Ben Chilwell..

Ben Chilwell who has never played a premier league game. We sold a young left full a few weeks ago who has more premier league games then Chilwell!! Not saying selling Smith was wrong but selling him while we have nothing coming in might be a mistake. Talk of loaning another good option in Jon Flanagan out to Burnley.

So odd to me that a club would do that not having a concrete signing in place, so the next question is do we? And it just hasn't leaked yet? Unlikely I would say.

I hinted last season when we signed Milner that he could operate at left full that  as laughed out of town now it appears hes our latest option.

Just cant understand how weeks ago before last season even ended we didn't have a player/players in mind for left full and then went and done whatever was needed to sign him/them. Its the one major area of concern going into the new season and its the one area were if anything we've probably weakened.

Hoping this Hector story as has some legs, legs like Peter Crouch's   
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #137: Aug 04, 2016 07:25:43 pm
      Ben Chilwell who has never played a premier league game. We sold a young left full a few weeks ago who has more premier league games then Chilwell!!

Dele Alli turned out okay, admittedly not the same position but still the same case. Gomez has made a steady start too until the injury. If a player is good enough, regardless of age, or top flight appearances, they will prove it.

Quick Reply